Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Why no Brady sucks threads

Pretty boy has killed me today, lucky it was just a bye week and I was only playing for overall points.

He, like other QBs is only as good as his supporting cast.

Probably because he has 3 Super Bowl rings. :banana:

Probably because he has 3 Super Bowl rings. :banana:

Welcome to 2006!

Welcome to 2006!

Yup, it's 2006 and he still has 3 Super Bowl rings. :banana:

GOD DAMNIT

When McNabb went down I thought "well ok not too bad, just a little hit, I still have Brady as my backup"

wk9 - 0TD, 11pts

wk12 - 1TD, 20pts

wk13 - 0TD, 17pts

wk14 - 0TD, 3pts

WORTHLESS SAC

Yup, it's 2006 and he still has 3 Super Bowl rings. :banana:

Not helping any fantasy football teams either. What do you get fantasy points for winning a Superbowl or something?

He looked horrible today.

Not helping any fantasy football teams either. What do you get fantasy points for winning a Superbowl or something?

He looked horrible today.

I know--just saying he doesn't suck. Seems he's had a few bad games lately this year.

I know--just saying he doesn't suck. Seems he's had a few bad games lately this year.

Well part of it is that he has no receivers. I am a Patriots fan and for the most part stay well away from criticizing Belichick and Pioli, they've obviously done well enough in this league. HOWEVER, not retaining Deion Branch was a collosal mistake that will cost the Patriots a playoff run this year.

Brady's best weapon downfield is a streaky tight end who has problems holding on to the ball and who is also a big focking p*ssy. You try to do a lot with that.

Guest JahRasta311

he sucks...he misses deion branch and a younger corey dillon.

He's played inconsistent all year. He's been inaccurate. He hasn't protected the ball and his team around him has let him down.

Yet we are going to get a 1st round playoff game at home, win our division and be traveling to San Diego or Indy for Round 2. Could be worse and should get better..

:cry: With all the bashing Favre gets any time he throws a pick. You'd espect it.......

He has never made my roster simply because I have always felt he was a meltdown in the making at any given point in time. Always thought he was just a system QB who looked good because of the overall team around him (not the WR's, who never make my roster either). Talking about o-line, D, etc.

Must be that chin cleft that gives him a pass any time he sucks.

:cry: With all the bashing Favre gets any time he throws a pick. You'd espect it.......

He has never made my roster simply because I have always felt he was a meltdown in the making at any given point in time. Always thought he was just a system QB who looked good because of the overall team around him (not the WR's, who never make my roster either). Talking about o-line, D, etc.

Must be that chin cleft that gives him a pass any time he sucks.

Maybe he gets a pass because he won three Superbowls in 4 years? :cry:

And a "meltdown in the making"? Yeah, he really fell apart at all the wrong times when he was winning three Superbowls in 4 years! :cry:

Yeah, he's had an off year. By that I mean he didn't lead the league in passing like he did last year, and he didn't win the Championship. I guess thats what happens when management sees fit to let your top two receivers leave in the off-season, and replaces them with guys who probably wouldn't even be on a lot of NFL rosters.

But he's still a damn good quarterback, and the main reason that team is 9-4 despite playing like crap for the better part of the year.

Maybe he gets a pass because he won three Superbowls in 4 years? :cry:

Wow... All by himself? That's pretty impressive.

"Brady... snaps the ball to Brady... Brady spins... hands off to Brady... Brady hits the line and turns... flips the ball back to Brady... Brady is way down field and wide open! Brady ducks the rush... chucks it long... Brady lays out in the endzone... he's got it!!! Touchdown Brady!!!!"

Gimme a break.

Okay... a serious question for all you Brady backers.

The argument is... "Hey a-hole. The guy won 3 Superbowls in 4 years! He just doesn't have good enough WR's right now."

So... let me get this straight. 3 Superbowls means he's good... but... the OTHER guys on the team that won three Superbowls... Troy Brown for instance... are NOT good??? Is that your argument??

You can't have it both ways.

If you're gonna say that some guys on the Patriots that also won 3 Superbowls are not good... then you can't claim that as a basis for your opinion of Brady's skill.

Brady isn't good without good WRs around him. That is the excuse this year for Brady. This just proves everyone else's point that the Superbowl wins were a team effort, not Brady winning a Superbowl all by himself. Without a supporting cast, Brady looks below average. With great players around him, he is great. I think this goes for the majority of successfull QBs around the league these days in the NFL. You need good oline, good running game and good WR play or it doesn't matter how good you are as a QB.

Brady isn't good without good WRs around him. That is the excuse this year for Brady. This just proves everyone else's point that the Superbowl wins were a team effort, not Brady winning a Superbowl all by himself. Without a supporting cast, Brady looks below average. With great players around him, he is great. I think this goes for the majority of successfull QBs around the league these days in the NFL. You need good oline, good running game and good WR play or it doesn't matter how good you are as a QB.

I believe Brady can succeed with the players around him.

Reche Caldwell is coming out of his shell and having a heck of a season for himself now that he's been healthy.

Troy Brown has always been a reliable receiver.

Chad Jackson is a year away but a talent such as his, you can't immediately dismiss his potential. If he's doing nothing 2 years from now then he will be Bethel Johnson version 2.

I like Doug Gabriel, but for whatever reason Bill Belichick doesn't seem to. Edit - And he's just been released. I'm not happy right now.

Then there's a talented TE bunch in Watson, Graham, and Thomas.

But undoubtedly the play-calling has been suspect on offense ever since Weis left. Just not creative enough, and it seems like all season the floodgates don't open, if at all, until the 4th quarter. It's easy to point the absence of Branch as a problem but he couldn't stop guys like Watson and Faulk coughing the ball up when they get their opportunities. That's another thing, everyone from Brady down to the receivers have been careless with the ball and for the life of me I can't understand why.

I started the thread and still may start him this week. Kitna has my eye but now without KJ.

Yeah, Brady had great receivers around him when he won those Superbowls. :rolleyes:

David Patten, Charles Johnson, Curtis Jackson, J.J. Stokes, Bethel Johnson, Kevin Kasper, P.K. Sam...those are the receivers Brady won with.

Only Deion Branch and Troy Brown were any good. Branch is gone, Brown, much as I love him, is too old.

Do you not know anything about football? Or do you just like to piss people off?

Yeah, Brady had great receivers around him when he won those Superbowls. :rolleyes:

David Patten, Charles Johnson, Curtis Jackson, J.J. Stokes, Bethel Johnson, Kevin Kasper, P.K. Sam...those are the receivers Brady won with.

Only Deion Branch and Troy Brown were any good. Branch is gone, Brown, much as I love him, is too old.

Do you not know anything about football? Or do you just like to piss people off?

One sentence, condensed version of this post:

"Brady won three Superbowls with bad WR's if you ignore the two good ones he had that are either now gone or are too old."

Excellent reasoning.

One sentence, condensed version of this post:

"Brady won three Superbowls with bad WR's if you ignore the two good ones he had that are either now gone or are too old."

Excellent reasoning.

Uh, no. Maybe I should have broken it down by year for the stupid people.

2001: Troy Brown, a bunch of losers

2003: Deion Branch, David Givens, a bunch of losers

2004: Deion Branch, David Givens, a bunch of losers

I like Branch, but he is no Reggie Wayne or Marvin Harrison. And David Givens did WHAT for the Titans this year?

2003: Deion Branch, David Givens, a bunch of losers

2004: Deion Branch, David Givens, a bunch of losers

I like Branch, but he is no Reggie Wayne or Marvin Harrison. And David Givens did WHAT for the Titans this year?

Givens has a rookie QB throwing to him...

I don't agree with the Brady apologists totally, but I can settle for the fact that he can get a mulligan this year for either the bad corps or having one off year. I hate Brady, but I still respect him.

If I owned him in fantasy, I would be chanting Brady sucks

i agree with this too to an extent...however, if you're saying he's not good because his WRs aren't good, I don't agree.

The NE offense isn't as effective, but that doesn't mean his skill changes (that doesn't make sense). It just means that other people suck. If Michael Jordan was on a team of scrubs, you wouldn't say he isn't good anymore. The opposition would obviously key on him, but he'd still be an awesome talent. I think the term "successful" QB is very loosely defined, so it depends what your measuring by...wins, straight up stats, stats that take into account other variables, or whatever else. It is a team effort to win it all...that's probably obvious and certainly true, but isn't it a nice media story to say that it's one man's heroic effort to take it all...

Brady is not having that good of a year by his standards. He has been a little "off" for quite a few games this year. I think he'll be the first to admit that. Now in his defense he has a horrible group of WRs. There's a difference between having a solid but unspectacular group of WRs like they did in 03 and 04 and what they have now. The guy has proven he doesn't need All World talent around him to succeed but he also needs more than a college level unit. Also, the Pats are not in great shape at the OC spot. Josh McDaniels is very inconsistent from game to game and just doesn't seem to have a handle on how to get the most out of what the Pats have. To be fair to him with the Pats current state of affairs at Wr and with two talented but often unreliable TE's the Pats are not the most difficult team for defenses to gameplan for. Yet, IMO McDaniels isn't a plus for the Patriots.

Bottomline is Brady is still as good as there is and his leadership/intangibles are off the charts. Without him this team does not go to the playoffs. Yet, for the Pats to get the most out of his talents they need to give him a much better supporting cast. Not All Pros, he doesn't need that but he does need quality, NFL level WRs who are consistent from week to week. The seeds of his "rocky season" (by his standards) were planted this offseason.

Yeah, Brady had great receivers around him when he won those Superbowls. :cheers:

so why is he sucking this year?

and believe me I want him to do great I need him for the playoffs.

If it's not his WRs, what is it?

so why is he sucking this year?

and believe me I want him to do great I need him for the playoffs.

If it's not his WRs, what is it?

It is partly his lack of receiver talent, but also pass protection too. Also, Brady has made some uncharacteristic mistakes this year and thrown into coverages. Also, with Maroney out the team is lacking it's most explosive weapon. Dillon looks old and slow. He's a good short yardage back still and runs hard with fresh legs when splitting carries with Maroney, but he's not the old Dillon obviously. Teams are able to shut down the running game now and that isn't taking the pressure off Brady like it was when the offense started to click earlier this year. This team is one and done in the playoffs IMO unless Maroney returns and ignites them again.

It takes a team. A great player can have a poor game/season if the other parts aren't functioning. However, it doesn't make him any less great. Brady is great. The team as a whole is struggling.

You guys are struggling to understand the difference between a players individual FANTASY performance and a great performer as a member of a team. In any year, Brady's individual stat line can suck for your fantasy team and he could win the superbowl. Last year, he had great stats and lost in the first round.

If you look at the Patriot's success over the last few years, are you really going to claim that he sucks and they won despite of him. Or that they won because of him. I realize there's a lot of room in the middle, I think its clear that he comes in on the success coming more because of him than despite him.

He doesn't suck at all. But, he is killing your fantasy team right now if you start him. Maybe your choice to start him is what sucks?

Most of you guys must be that drunk dude that stumbles up to me at the bar while I'm talking to some hottie that's half Thai and half Irish. You ask us some stupid question while staring at her ###### the whole time. I tell you that I bought the 3 of us shots at the end of the bar to get you away from us. Then we laugh at you and your idiocy?

Or maybe many of you were last picked during all the neighborhood football games?

Maybe even a few of you just fantasized about playing sports and FFootball is close as you ever got?

I'd guess very few of you ever had a raging key party to raise funds for your rent in college?

Cause overall this post is the biggest collection of dumbasses and people who I wouldn't want to spend time with that I've ever seen on this site.

Tom Brady is a great QB. Any expert or Pro player knows that and most announcers have gone on record and said it. The average normal fan who doesn't just hate on Brady because he did get hot chicks, did get picked during neighborhood games, and he did actually play sports, would also say Brady is great.

To sit here and argue if he's great is just a waste of time. Go do charity work or something. Are you really that much of a loser that you would argue such an obvious point? It's over he's great there is no denying it.

Statistically or in Championships. He's lead the NFL in TD's, passing yards and won 3 SuperBowls. He's done it with a revolving door of players, some like Troy Brown, Kevin Faulk, and Deion are awesome and natural born winners while others like Patten, Givens, & Antowain Smith had their best years with Brady as QB.

He's having his worst year and yet we are 9-4. At least 4 of his picks are completely the fault of his WR's and overall the coaching has been weak at best. When the team around him is doing well he's gone 14-2 and won 3 SuperBowls. When we aren't like this year we will still win the Division and we still have a shot.

I couldn't think of a more useless side to argue on then if Tom Brady is great or not. If you actually think he isn't a great QB then you are one of 2 things.. 1) The guy I mentioned above or 2) and extra from "The Ringer" with Johnny Knoxville

I mean seriously people. It's over the Brady fans won. He's a great QB and he's going into the Hall of Fame. The Bledsoe fans lost. Are you going to spend the next 15 years hating on Tom Brady. What a waste of time.

well said BirdBradyBobbyOrr. It's obvious that AnaheimRams cannot understand the difference between fantasy and reality. Probably because his reality is that he is living in his parents basement. Tom Brady is one of the best QB's in the NFL, and a true winner. Like you said, ask any expert, pro player or announcer and they will agree. It is ridiculous to entertain any arguement against him.

Naw bro these guys have even been booted by their parents a long time ago. They are now sharing a rooom with their 50something divorced Uncles. Kind of a sick and twisted Oscar Madison and Felix Unger thing going on.

"HELLO MY NAME IS WE TODD DID AND I ACTUALLY SPEND MINUTES IN MY DAY SAYING TOM BRADY ISN'T A GREAT QB. WHICH IS ALMOST AS STUPID AS ISIAH "THE RACIST" THOMAS SAYING LARRY BIRD WAS OVERRATED CAUSE HE'S WHITE"

DUMB + ASS = DUMBASS!

He's lead the NFL in TD's, passing yards and won 3 SuperBowls.

I agreed with most everything you said except the above line.

Brady never won a SB. The Patriots won 3 of them. Football has always been and will always be a team sport. Disregard those that want to rip on Brady as a great QB. He's struggling because he doesn't play for the same team he once did. He doesn't have the same coaches, etc.

Brady needs those things around him just like any other player in the NFL. He's a great QB, So was Montana, Marino, Favre, Aikman, Elway. But you have to have 21 other players + coaches working with you to make it work.

Those that rip Brady are working off the same position as those that blame Manning for no SB's. They can't understand that football is a team game. Don't let them bother you.

Most of you guys must be that drunk dude that stumbles up to me at the bar while I'm talking to some hottie that's half Thai and half Irish. You ask us some stupid question while staring at her ###### the whole time. I tell you that I bought the 3 of us shots at the end of the bar to get you away from us. Then we laugh at you and your idiocy?

Or maybe many of you were last picked during all the neighborhood football games?

Maybe even a few of you just fantasized about playing sports and FFootball is close as you ever got?

I'd guess very few of you ever had a raging key party to raise funds for your rent in college?

Cause overall this post is the biggest collection of dumbasses and people who I wouldn't want to spend time with that I've ever seen on this site.

Tom Brady is a great QB. Any expert or Pro player knows that and most announcers have gone on record and said it. The average normal fan who doesn't just hate on Brady because he did get hot chicks, did get picked during neighborhood games, and he did actually play sports, would also say Brady is great.

To sit here and argue if he's great is just a waste of time. Go do charity work or something. Are you really that much of a loser that you would argue such an obvious point? It's over he's great there is no denying it.

Statistically or in Championships. He's lead the NFL in TD's, passing yards and won 3 SuperBowls. He's done it with a revolving door of players, some like Troy Brown, Kevin Faulk, and Deion are awesome and natural born winners while others like Patten, Givens, & Antowain Smith had their best years with Brady as QB.

He's having his worst year and yet we are 9-4. At least 4 of his picks are completely the fault of his WR's and overall the coaching has been weak at best. When the team around him is doing well he's gone 14-2 and won 3 SuperBowls. When we aren't like this year we will still win the Division and we still have a shot.

I couldn't think of a more useless side to argue on then if Tom Brady is great or not. If you actually think he isn't a great QB then you are one of 2 things.. 1) The guy I mentioned above or 2) and extra from "The Ringer" with Johnny Knoxville

I mean seriously people. It's over the Brady fans won. He's a great QB and he's going into the Hall of Fame. The Bledsoe fans lost. Are you going to spend the next 15 years hating on Tom Brady. What a waste of time.

Talk about insecurity. This is textbook. Funny.

Talk about insecurity. This is textbook. Funny.

Thanks Freud. Where do I sign up for your couch sessions and get some cheap prescriptions.

So let's see I rag on these guys because of their insecurity and constant bashing of Tom Brady which makes me insecure. Oh wait I see because I bragged about talking to chicks, playing sports and being a party animal in college I'm insecure?

Yeah ok bro. Once again, I worked a nice 14 hour day and had a blast doing it. I'm pretty cool with my life and where I'm at player.

It's not insecurity.. it's ARROGANCE!

I agreed with most everything you said except the above line.

Brady never won a SB. The Patriots won 3 of them. Football has always been and will always be a team sport. Disregard those that want to rip on Brady as a great QB. He's struggling because he doesn't play for the same team he once did. He doesn't have the same coaches, etc.

Brady needs those things around him just like any other player in the NFL. He's a great QB, So was Montana, Marino, Favre, Aikman, Elway. But you have to have 21 other players + coaches working with you to make it work.

Those that rip Brady are working off the same position as those that blame Manning for no SB's. They can't understand that football is a team game. Don't let them bother you.

Very astute post and very accurate. However some players like say .. hmm..hmmm.. oh let's just say Drew Bledsoe can't win with those exact same things around them.

I'm not here to dis on Brady, but this needs to be pointed out...

In the playoffs of the 2001 season, Brady:

-threw 1 TD pass and 1 INT

-averaged 5.9 yards per pass attempt

-led the Patriots to 29 offensive points (total, not per game). And that includes field goals.

So it's not like he was making water into wine there. More like water into more water. Face it, the defense and special teams won that first Super Bowl pretty much by themselves. Since then, Brady's skills have caught up to his composure and he has become an excellent QB, but in 2001, he was just a guy.

Brady is not having that good of a year by his standards. He has been a little "off" for quite a few games this year. I think he'll be the first to admit that. Now in his defense he has a horrible group of WRs.

Apparently this is the curse he is doomed to live with, because every year it's the same story, "horrible group of WRs." Except I guess last year. And I'm not arguing that the receivers aren't horrible, it's definitely a sub-par group. But hey, every QB has to live with some kind of shortcoming on his team. He may not have broken the bank with the contract he signed, but the team still can only keep great players around at so many positions. It's just like how the Colts will always have to overcome having a mediocre linebacking corps because they let guys like Mike Peterson and Marcus Washington go, rather than pay them. The rest of the Pats will always have to carry an underpaid WR corps.

There's a difference between having a solid but unspectacular group of WRs like they did in 03 and 04 and what they have now. The guy has proven he doesn't need All World talent around him to succeed but he also needs more than a college level unit. Also, the Pats are not in great shape at the OC spot.

If they still had Charlie Weis, we wouldn't be sitting here talking about how much worse this WR corps is than 03 and 04. Sure you'd like to have Deion Branch, but Watson is a decent consolation prize in the 06 unit. Weis was key.

As usual, BBBO has nothing to offer and is just here to sing Brady's praises and insult everyone else. :rolleyes:

how is that branch trade looking now? seattle still get ripped off?... :rolleyes:

how is that branch trade looking now? seattle still get ripped off?... :rolleyes:

I thought then (and still do) that it was a good trade for both sides. New England just because they had to get something for the guy (and preferrably as much as possible). Seattle because he's a great player who can help them win now (something they were and are in a position to do), and because it was likely (and still is likely) to be a very late first rounder.

The inevitable answer to the question, "Why do you think Brady is a great QB?" is:

"He won three Superbowls with hardly any offensive talent around him."

The inevitable answer to the question, "Why is Brady having a bad year in 2006?" is:

"He has hardly any offensive talent around him."

You can't have it both ways Brady backers.

And BBBO... I don't come here to 'bash' tom Brady. I only correct dumbasses that claim he is "great".

And if any ONE player on those teams gets credit for "Winning" three Super Bowls... it's Vinatieri. They won three Superbowls... by three points each.

Oh... one more thing... using the opinion of "experts and announcers" to validate your claims... instant loss of credibility.

Bottomline is Brady is still as good as there is and his leadership/intangibles are off the charts. Without him this team does not go to the playoffs.

I wanted to respond to this earlier but decided not to. Now I just heard something on Point After which reaffirms what I was going to say, so I'll say it. I'm not sold on his leadership/intangibles. Is he an intelligent, accurate QB? Yes. Does he have a strong arm? Yes. Is he tough? Yes. Does he have presence and composure in the pocket? Yes. Is he one of the best QBs in the game today? Yes.

But, despite knowing how to apply the Belichick formula for dealing with the media, he frequently comes across as petulant and whiny. I'm not convinced that this is going to be a guy that you want around if things get worse instead of better.

Here's the quote that Point After aired from a press conference about the Dolphins game. "They're 6-7, you know, we're 9-4, so, you tell me who's probably got it more figured out." Dude, you just lost to that 6-7 team. The Pats are may well be the better and even smarter team, despite Miami getting the better of them this week, but you just don't say what he did. Guess what else, Tom? That 6-7 team has won 5 of their last 6. You guys have won 3 of 6. He sounded like a sore loser, and it's not the first time. The episode last year when he complained about Marty Schottenheimer's comments after the Chargers beat them last year was laughably ridiculous. This is also the same guy who whined after his alma mater lost out on the BCS voting. "Anyone who has seen Florida play knows they are just not very good." Thanks for the analysis, Tom, very insightful, it's a shame they can't re-vote after your input. And this is the same guy who bitched about not getting respect last year, even though the media was all over NE's jocks as playoff favorites, something his play in Denver would ultimately fail to back up.

I'm serious, again and again he's acting like a punk who has to get his way. At best he is a guy who, like his coach, handles winning masterfully but needs to learn a lot about how to handle losing, because the cinderella years are over, and handling adversity is becoming more important.