Sign in to follow this  
fricker66

College football recruting

Possibly a good day for the Fighting Irish. RB/athlete Golden Tate to decide between ND and Vanderbilt, and DL Ian Williams to decide between ND and Auburn.

Possibly a good day for the Fighting Irish. RB/athlete Golden Tate to decide between ND and Vanderbilt, and DL Ian Williams to decide between ND and Auburn.

You're fighting it out with Vandy for recruits? LMAO.

OL Kris O'Dowd and DE Everson Griffen, both 5*'s, are scheduled to announce this week, hopefully both for the Trojans!

You're fighting it out with Vandy for recruits? LMAO.

I'll take Golden Tate in a heartbeat, and so would Pete the Poodle. Tate was recruited by all the SEC schools but narrowed it down to ND and Vandy because he is not a dope. He runs a 4.4 40 and can play several positions. Check out the profile below (4 star).

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=8&a...amp;nid=2392287

Weis is concentrating his recruiting on speed, athleticism and versatility -- and seems to be winning a lot of battles against the SEC -- Of the 14 verbals he's received, 8 are below the Mason Dixon line, clearly in SEC recruiting territory.

Ian Williams is the third Floridian.

Weis is concentrating his recruiting on speed, athleticism and versatility -- and seems to be winning a lot of battles against the SEC -- Of the 14 verbals he's received, 8 are below the Mason Dixon line, clearly in SEC recruiting territory.

With the strength of the SEC, I wouldn't blame them--they know they can start at ND, while maybe not even making the team for one of the SEC schools. :wall:

With the strength of the SEC, I wouldn't blame them--they know they can start at ND, while maybe not even making the team for one of the SEC schools. :wall:

Zinger! He walked right into that one! :unsure:

I'll take Golden Tate in a heartbeat, and so would Pete the Poodle. Tate was recruited by all the SEC schools but narrowed it down to ND and Vandy because he is not a dope. He runs a 4.4 40 and can play several positions. Check out the profile below (4 star).

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=8&a...amp;nid=2392287

Ian Williams is the third Floridian.

Actually, I doubt PC would take him, we're looking good for this guy: http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=15&p=8&am...amp;nid=2340246 (LSU and USC are his two favorites).

Actually, I doubt PC would take him, we're looking good for this guy: http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=15&p=8&am...amp;nid=2340246 (LSU and USC are his two favorites).

No doubt USC is getting great talent, but to say that PC would not take a 4-star athlete is just being stupid. Remember that USC's average is 4.20 stars, not 4.90 stars. I'm quite sure he'd take Golden Tate. He's in ESPN's top 150 at #18, and is Scout's 84th best player (#3 CB) in the country. Here's a summary of what he did in one of his last games:

ESPN 150 Player Stats: Golden Tate

Tate carried 23 times for 259 yards, caught three passes for 63 yards, and scored all of his team's touchdowns (five) but Pope John Paul II lost a heartbreaker to Knoxville Webb 34-33.

Also, what has happened to USC's admissions standards? Have they totally abandoned any criteria? I've been watching some of the kids they've been taking and it seems like there are many admissions exceptions.

Joe McKnight is going to LSU... in fact, USC is #3 behind Clemson. It's irrelevant though, he's a bayou bengal.

In my opinion this is the prize recruit in ND recruiting class this year...yes even over Jimmy Clausen. This is a recruit that is going to give ND the gamebreaker that they desperately need. Check out his highlights, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6s8cK-7RLs. I know this is highschool but I know most ND haters will have to agree the kid has speed. No offense to Darius Walker I love him but he is as slow as any running back I have seen in college football this year...

In my opinion this is the prize recruit in ND recruiting class this year...yes even over Jimmy Clausen. This is a recruit that is going to give ND the gamebreaker that they desperately need. Check out his highlights, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6s8cK-7RLs. I know this is highschool but I know most ND haters will have to agree the kid has speed. No offense to Darius Walker I love him but he is as slow as any running back I have seen in college football this year...

No offense, but Weis better stock up on some defensive play makers...

No doubt USC is getting great talent, but to say that PC would not take a 4-star athlete is just being stupid. Remember that USC's average is 4.20 stars, not 4.90 stars. I'm quite sure he'd take Golden Tate. He's in ESPN's top 150 at #18, and is Scout's 84th best player (#3 CB) in the country. Here's a summary of what he did in one of his last games:

Also, what has happened to USC's admissions standards? Have they totally abandoned any criteria? I've been watching some of the kids they've been taking and it seems like there are many admissions exceptions.

A.) I was somewhat joking about not taking him, though I do believe we're after bigger fish

B.) What the heck are you talking about regarding admission standards? Anybody in specific?

You hit the nail on the head concerning defensive playmakers for ND, if you thought ND's defense was weak this year. Next years defense may be even worse. The front four next year are going to be weaker than this year. Weis signed some top DBs last year and one this year. The defensive line is going to be what takes ND to the elite status. ND is just not there yet...

last time ND won a meaningless game? :pointstosky:

I always find college recruiting slightly creepy. Grown men fawning over 16yo boys...

owned

Notre Dame.... :banana:

can you change the name of this thread to Notre Dame recruiting thread?

TIA@#!

really....HTH@#!