Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

Christmas gift for a female friend

What do you buy in this situation? How much does one spend?

34C

depends on how high you want to set the bar for future present exchanges....

how high do you want to set the bar?

is this a possibly more as in i want to fock or i want to get hitched...?

How long have you known her? What are her interests?

Great point. If you really like her, I think $100 is appropriate and stay about 100 for one year and go up in $50 increments each year.

You can go practical or novelty. Most women like to think that you're thinking about them. You could get her a really nice knit hat, scarf, glove combination and tell her you don't want her to be cold this winter and that YOU can keep her warm while indoors (especially from behind). Make sure you don't get her some ugly shiot. Take a look at what she likes. Get her a Tiffany keychain and get something small and stupid engraved on it, chicks dig anything Tiffany, even if it is only a keychain (maybe she'll put it on a Walmart chain and wear it as a pendent). They're about $65 and Tiffany will do the engraving and shipping. All her friends at Cracker Barrell will be jealous. I'm sure some girl here can give you some lame thing to get engraved on it. Gift certificates at this level are too impersonal, unless you want to join her at the spa. Gift certificates are for lazy focks who've been with their SOs for more than 2 years.

If you want to go novelty, a lot of chicks like that new Nike Ipod thing that, I don't know WTF it is, just that Mrs. H wants it. Anything that encourages women to not get fat on the couch, I'm all for. I think its more like $150.

Good luck

Get her one of those big black double dildo things. That way, when she plows your ass with it, she can frig her clit at the same time.

:dunno:

HTH

More than just a fock, but not looking at getting married anytime soon either, probably somewhere in the middle.

i got my gf the new burberry perfume as a secondary gift....smells fantastic and was like 50 bones.....

How long have you known her? What are her interests?

Know her for 5 years. I used to date her sister and she and I have become close after that ended.

this is it..

its a win win for you....she gets some fancy nice stuff and she smells good for you....

Very nice, however I think it may be a little too personal at this stage. We haven't actually talked about our relationship other than several mutual friends have told us they think something is going on by the vibe we are sending out. :dunno:

You can also get her two $25 tickets to some show she likes (i.e. musical, ballet, cockfight) and take her to a $50 dinner. Make a date out of it.

this is it..

its a win win for you....she gets some fancy nice stuff and she smells good for you....

But what if SHE doesn't like the smell? You're out $56. Have you ever worn that Old Spice your MIL bought for you in '86?

Chicks do love designer though, a Burberry tampon would make her happy. Get her Burberry earmuffs. (Scarfs are $225, thats out of your range).

http://www.burberryusaonline.com/family/in...mp;pageBucket=0

1) Go to a place like Bath & Body Works... don't get one of the gift packs they have already made up, though. (anyone can do that! You want to make it more personal and special)... Customize your own for her with stuff you think she would like. They have this great bathrobe there right now (soooo soft!!!) You could get something like that with some really soft slippers (I think they have matching ones there... a nice soft bath pillow and select a really nice scented bubble bath and lotion for her.. don't forget a nicely scented candle too.. put it all in a nice basket that you put together yourself and add a sweet little note for her.

More ideas in a while as they come to me. :)

Very nice, however I think it may be a little too personal at this stage. We haven't actually talked about our relationship other than several mutual friends have told us they think something is going on by the vibe we are sending out. :)

actually i think it is a great "want to be more than friends" gift....tells her that you are thinking about her and that you would like to smell her more often....and it isnt jewelery or anything like that...yet still designer so it shows her that you have class....real ambiguous gift if you ask me....will a lady chime in on this please....trust me, if she is into any kind of chick fashion at all she will dig this gift....and it doesnt put on any pressure....

does she like to read or watch movies???

1) Go to a place like Bath & Body Works... don't get one of the gift packs they have already made up, though. (anyone can do that! You want to make it more personal and special)... Customize your own for her with stuff you think she would like. They have this great bathrobe there right now (soooo soft!!!) You could get something like that with some really soft slippers (I think they have matching ones there... a nice soft bath pillow and select a really nice scented bubble bath and lotion for her.. don't forget a nicely scented candle too.. put it all in a nice basket that you put together yourself and add a sweet little note for her.

This had crossed my mind, but I used to do this for her sister when I was banging her and wanted to come up with something new and fresh.

Excellent idea

actually i think it is a great "want to be more than friends" gift....tells her that you are thinking about her and that you would like to smell her more often....and it isnt jewelery or anything like that...yet still designer so it shows her that you have class....real ambiguous gift if you ask me....will a lady chime in on this please....trust me, if she is into any kind of chick fashion at all she will dig this gift....and it doesnt put on any pressure....

does she like to read or watch movies???

Good point.

No, I don't think she reads much, not sure on the movies. Pretty much all she and I do when we hangout is go to bars.

Women love http://www.uggaustralia.com/WomenLandingPage.aspx?gID=w

They make slippers

I like the knit hat/scarf idea...maybe a pair of VERY simple earrings - nothing too fancy, but not all cheap and nasty either.

I like the knit hat/scarf idea...maybe a pair of VERY simple earrings - nothing too fancy, but not all cheap and nasty either.

Jewelry is way out of the question. Too personal for this stage in the game.

get her a bathroom kit... nose hair trimmers, tweezers for the unibrow, mustache wax and comb, and some of those strips that get rid of blackheads.

You can also get her two $25 tickets to some show she likes (i.e. musical, ballet, cockfight) and take her to a $50 dinner. Make a date out of it.

TH has a nice idea here... here's a variation on this:

If she likes wine, select a nice bottle and buy a picnic basket. Put the wine along with two wine glasses inside. Include 2 plates, silverware, 2 cloth napkins, bottle opener, cheese spreader. Pick out or make your own CD with some soft, grooving music to include in the basket. Go to a nice fancy local deli (like a Bristol Farms or whatever is in your area), buy a gift cert for the store... put it in the basket. Add a note that says something about taking this basket and getting together to watch a nice sunset with her sometime. (don't forget to bring along a CD player and a nice big blanket... and have a nice spot picked out ahead of time.

Damn! Re-reading this: I want to go out with ME! :(

This may be too personal.... but if you are trying to send a message to her that you are interested... not sure about her but, this would do it for me!

If she likes wine, select a nice bottle and buy a picnic basket. Put the wine along with two wine glasses inside. Include 2 plates, silverware, 2 cloth napkins, bottle opener, cheese spreader. Pick out or make your own CD with some soft, grooving music to include in the basket. Go to a nice fancy local deli (like a Bristol Farms or whatever is in your area), buy a gift cert for the store... put it in the basket. Add a note that says something about taking this basket and getting together to watch a nice sunset with her sometime. (don't forget to bring along a CD player and a nice big blanket... and have a nice spot picked out ahead of time.

This may be too personal.... but if you are trying to send a message to her that you are interested... not sure about her but, this would do it for me!

Very nice ideas, but I believe a little too sophisticated. She is more of a beer/shots drinker. Maybe I should have included our ages too. I am 26 she is 23.

And yes, I do want to send out the message, but not be too upfront about it.

Thanks for the shout out, but if you were a dude, I would kick your ass at said picnic. Guys DON'T do this! Lesbians do.

The closest thing I would do to this is make some hot cocoa, put it in a thermos, and go ice skating on a nice lake/pond somewhere. (Too bad global warming has since eliminated this possibility)

Pretty much all she and I do when we hangout is go to bars.

Then I would take her out for a gift. "hey let's celebrate the holidays. We can go to _____, my treat.."

Or I want to see the new movie_______. Let's go together. Popcorn and tickets on me, consider it my Christmas gift."

Give her a disposable camera, a photo album and naked pictures of her sister. You guys can spend time together finishing the photo album. This gift will also work for her mom.

Then I would take her out for a gift. "hey let's celebrate the holidays. We can go to ___1___, my treat.."

Or I want to see the new movie___2____. Let's go together. Popcorn and tickets on me, consider it my Christmas gift."

Mad Libs!

1) Hooters

2) Girls Gone Wild: Ibiza Edition Part II

PS - someone's cheep :(

Take her to a concert, you guys can booze, dance, have a good time and you might get laid.

Damn! Re-reading this: I want to go out with ME! :P

remember if you do this that you will be setting the bar to be real romantic....and she will always expect this type of shot from you....

Very nice ideas, but I believe a little too sophisticated. She is more of a beer/shots drinker. Maybe I should have included our ages too. I am 26 she is 23.

And yes, I do want to send out the message, but not be too upfront about it.

i agree too much....

im telling you dude do the perfume....simple easy and non-intrusive....with a hint of i care about you enough to think about you....she will brag to all her friends too and you will be automaticlly in with them....

remember if you do this that you will be setting the bar to be real romantic....and she will always expect this type of shot from you....

i agree too much....

im telling you dude do the perfume....simple easy and non-intrusive....with a hint of i care about you enough to think about you....she will brag to all her friends too and you will be automaticlly in with them....

All good with the exception of the friend part. I dated one of her friends a couple of months back.

Although the perfume thought is definitely nice... you'd have to know which scents she likes, rather than picking one off the top of your head or assuming she will like this one because you do.

Can you ask her sister what she wears in perfume?

:P

Although the perfume thought is definitely nice... you'd have to know which scents she likes, rather than picking one off the top of your head or assuming she will like this one because you do.

Can you ask her sister what she wears in perfume?

:first:

Asking the sister is NOT an option.

so what does she like??

That's the thing I really don't know. She and I go out to bars all the time, and I know she enjoys that but I couldn't tell you what else she likes to do. She really doesn't do much besides work and go out drinking.

That's the thing I really don't know. She and I go out to bars all the time, and I know she enjoys that but I couldn't tell you what else she likes to do. She really doesn't do much besides work and go out drinking.

what kind of work does she do?

what kind of work does she do?

She is a nurse.

She is a nurse.

hmmm....

thats a tough one...

how about making some little cards as if they were gift certificates...

good for one night at blah (dinner)

good for 3 shots of blah

good for one movie of my choosing...

put them in a funny card maybe with some flowers or something???

does she know you are interested in more?

Most women like to think that you're thinking about them. You could get her a really nice knit hat, scarf, glove combination and tell her you don't want her to be cold this winter and that YOU can keep her warm while indoors.

Good luck

I really like this idea. Pick out something really soft and in a color that you think will look nice on her.

:banana: I don't think you can go wrong with this one.