Sign in to follow this  
Big_Pete

Drew Breese :mad:

WTF did he come back from? :dunno:

Yeah, he got injured in the last game of the season... he has offseason surgury... who cares? same sh1t happens to half the focking league!!!

Shouldn't this award be for a player who missed most, if not all of the previous season?!?!?!?!?!?

Him being on the list is a complete focking joke! Same with Carson Palmer! he got injured in the playoffs! That's AFTER the regular season already ended!!!

So :dunno: it would be different if they got injured earlier in the season? Then they would have had even more time to recover from their injuries/surgeries. Wouldn't that make their comebacks less impressive? :cry:

So :banana: it would be different if they got injured earlier in the season? Then they would have had even more time to recover from their injuries/surgeries. Wouldn't that make their comebacks less impressive? :cheers:

Ah ha! That proves it! He is really trying to push for Daunte Culpepper to win the award! :cheers:

Who should it be? :cheers:

Deuce?

Pennington?

Javon Walker?

just naming a few!

All these players missed most if not all of last season, and are huge impact players this season!

ESPN has Breese, McNair, Palmer on their list... none of these guys missed significant playing time last year!

It's like saying that Champ Bailey should be the comeback player of the year cause he had a hurt hammy/shoulder last year.... give me a break!!! (I'm a Broncos homer, so I used him as an example)

So :banana: it would be different if they got injured earlier in the season? Then they would have had even more time to recover from their injuries/surgeries. Wouldn't that make their comebacks less impressive? :cheers:

if they get injured in the last focking game of the season, I again ask you... why are they up for the comeback player of the year award? what the fock did they come back from? everyone has injuries that require surgery!!!! it's the players who miss significant time due to these injuries and then overcome them the next year that get this award! if they didn't miss any time, or hardly any time, then they should be stricken from contention... just like merriman should be out of the defensive mvp race!

if they get injured in the last focking game of the season, I again ask you... why are they up for the comeback player of the year award? what the fock did they come back from? everyone has injuries that require surgery!!!! it's the players who miss significant time due to these injuries and then overcome them the next year that get this award! if they didn't miss any time, or hardly any time, then they should be stricken from contention... just like merriman should be out of the defensive mvp race!

If Palmer had blown out his knee or Brees had torn his rotator cuff in week 8 you'd consider them for the award, right? I mean, those were serious, possibly even career threatening injuries...not some namby-pamby pulled hammy (your example, not mine.) So, again, I ask you, if they had more time to recover then doesn't that make their comeback less impressive? I'd say yes.

I think the problem is that you equate "comeback" to the number of games they missed, not the severity of the inury that the player sustained, which, IMO, is a better indicator of how far they came back from.

If Palmer had blown out his knee or Brees had torn his rotator cuff in week 8 you'd consider them for the award, right? I mean, those were serious, possibly even career threatening injuries...not some namby-pamby pulled hammy (your example, not mine.) So, again, I ask you, if they had more time to recover then doesn't that make their comeback less impressive? I'd say yes.

I think the problem is that you equate "comeback" to the number of games they missed, not the severity of the inury that the player sustained, which, IMO, is a better indicator of how far they came back from.

It's made for the # of games... if it wasn't, then Roethlisberger should be a slam mother focking dunk for this award!!! the focker almost DIED!!!! he missed only 30 more minutes of football time than Breese last year in the regular season!

But no! no it is NOT only given to the most severe injury overcome! it is injury+games missed that factor into it!

It's made for the # of games... if it wasn't, then Roethlisberger should be a slam mother focking dunk for this award!!! the focker almost DIED!!!! he missed only 30 more minutes of football time than Breese last year in the regular season!

But no! no it is NOT only given to the most severe injury overcome! it is injury+games missed that factor into it!

I agree that using my criteria for comeback player of the year that Roethlisberger should definitely be in contention, if not win it outright. Although, we could probably start another discussion about whether non-football injuries should count. I mean, that guy on the Chargers who got shot by the cops almost died too. If he plays again, should he be up for the award?

As for your contention that number of games is a major factor....I dunno. Is that something that is officially stated in the voting rules or is this just your personal opinion? Personally, I don't like that. You could have two players who got the same injury of the same level of seriousness during the same week of the season, but b/c one player worked harder in rehab and got back on the field sooner he should be punished by having the award go to the other guy? If anything, he's the one who should win it.

I agree that using my criteria for comeback player of the year that Roethlisberger should definitely be in contention, if not win it outright. Although, we could probably start another discussion about whether non-football injuries should count. I mean, that guy on the Chargers who got shot by the cops almost died too. If he plays again, should he be up for the award?

As for your contention that number of games is a major factor....I dunno. Is that something that is officially stated in the voting rules or is this just your personal opinion? Personally, I don't like that. You could have two players who got the same injury of the same level of seriousness during the same week of the season, but b/c one player worked harder in rehab and got back on the field sooner he should be punished by having the award go to the other guy? If anything, he's the one who should win it.

trust me, I see your point, and it's valid.

But I definatly think that injury (on or off field) + games missed = CBPOY

If that Chargers dude comes back and plays again, and actually plays good, then he should be CBPOY for that year!

I have no idea what the rules for the award are, but historically, it's been given to players who miss games (and lots of them) and overcome injury!

trust me, I see your point, and it's valid.

But I definatly think that injury (on or off field) + games missed = CBPOY

If that Chargers dude comes back and plays again, and actually plays good, then he should be CBPOY for that year!

I have no idea what the rules for the award are, but historically, it's been given to players who miss games (and lots of them) and overcome injury!

It's kind of like the debate on who should get the MVP award. Give it to the best player (LT) or the player who has meant the most to his team (Brees...IMO.)

It's kind of like the debate on who should get the MVP award. Give it to the best player (LT) or the player who has meant the most to his team (Brees...IMO.)

True!

And it should go to LT, cause not only is he the best player in the NFL, but he is equally important to his team as Breese! The Chargers were great with Breese and they are great with Breese's backup.. the common thread to their greatness? LT!!!!

This year the Saints have not only motivation (being back in N.O.), but they have Deuce 100% and Bush (overrated in my book, but a great decoy) as well as Breese... So it's harder to justify Breese being the reason why they are so good.

True!

And it should go to LT, cause not only is he the best player in the NFL, but he is equally important to his team as Breese! The Chargers were great with Breese and they are great with Breese's backup.. the common thread to their greatness? LT!!!!

This year the Saints have not only motivation (being back in N.O.), but they have Deuce 100% and Bush (overrated in my book, but a great decoy) as well as Breese... So it's harder to justify Breese being the reason why they are so good.

I think LT should get it too, but b/c he's the best player in the league. However, IMO, you could put the backup (Turner) in there at RB and SD is still a playoff team. I don't think that there are many QBs you could put into the NO lineup and say that they are also still a playoff team. So, IMO, Brees is more important to his team than LT.

I think LT should get it too, but b/c he's the best player in the league. However, IMO, you could put the backup (Turner) in there at RB and SD is still a playoff team. I don't think that there are many QBs you could put into the NO lineup and say that they are also still a playoff team. So, IMO, Brees is more important to his team than LT.

yeah, it's pretty debatable! I'd like to see LT win it outright, but if he cant, then i'd like to see them both share the MVP award! That's probably the more justified way to this thing this year!

Turner looks like a stud in the making, but unless he plays and LT sits, there is really no way to tell B)

It is funny though, how Breese was considered a bust for all those years, and now, 3 years in a row he's a stud! kinda funny how things work out sometimes!

IMO, it's Chad Pennington. Two serious shoulder surgeries, both on his throwing arm. My father had the same shoulder surgery as own of Chad's, and still can't lift his arm above his head. The Jets were what, 4-12 last year without Chad? This year, despite having no great running back and a 1st year head coach, they're above .500 and a good bet to make the playoffs.

Yeah, you can make a case for Brees, but Pennington has overcome more and done more with less, IMO.

yeah, it's pretty debatable! I'd like to see LT win it outright, but if he cant, then i'd like to see them both share the MVP award! That's probably the more justified way to this thing this year!

Turner looks like a stud in the making, but unless he plays and LT sits, there is really no way to tell :ninja:

It is funny though, how Breese was considered a bust for all those years, and now, 3 years in a row he's a stud! kinda funny how things work out sometimes!

Turner will be greta next year.

That is, if LT is on the cover of Madden next year.

I hope Madden stays away from Manning

No doubt that it should be Chad Pennington. Seriously, they may make the freakin playoffs!

No doubt that it should be Chad Pennington. Seriously, they may make the freakin playoffs!

You are right! Pennington is on a team that was terrible last year! Plus they have a first year coach! Plus its a shoulder injury!

Oh wait. So does Brees, but Brees' team has already locked up a first round bye in the playoffs and Brees, at one point, was threatening Marino's record for yardage in a season by a quarterback.

Maybe "No doubt" is a bit of a stretch?

The extent of the injury, the time missed, the caliber of play.

Roethlisberger:

Physicians would not describe most of the injuries at the request of Roethlisberger's family, but city police said he lost most of his teeth, fractured his left sinus cavity bone, suffered a nine-inch cut on the back of his head and a broken jaw, and injured both knees.

His brain, spine, chest and abdomen appear to be without serious injury, and there are no other confirmed injuries at this time.

"He suffered multiple facial fractures, all of which were successfully repaired," said Dr. Daniel Pituch, the chief of the division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Mercy Hospital.

Injuries were not life threatening. Yes, a motorcycle accident is life threatening, but his injuries were not. Only facial surgery. Not worthy of "comeback " player award.

Carson Palmer: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2290239

The team announced that he had torn the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments. The damage was much more extensive and severe, but Dr. Lonnie Paulos said surgery went well and Palmer could be back for the start of the season. "It's not just like it was a torn ACL," Paulos said Thursday, in a phone interview from Houston. "It's a magnitude more difficult to recover from and repair. It can and has ended careers, without a doubt.

Very serious injury to come back from. He rehabilitated in a short time. This is a credit to him and he shouldn't be penalized because he didn't miss a year or more. He could have taken a year off, but why? He has had a good statistical year as well.

GP 15 PYDS 3784 PCT 63.1 TDs 26 INT 13 RATING 94.1 Very deserving of comeback player award.

Pennington: http://archive.recordonline.com/archive/20...1/25/nfla25.htm

No offense, but this is not in the league of Palmer's injury. Pennington played the last month of last season THEN had surgery. It was a "small" tear of the rotater cuff. Yes, the rotater cuff is one of the most painful surgeries, but not devastating. Baseball pitchers have this done all the time. Great for Jets fans but again, not in the same league as Palmer.

Drew Brees Torn labrum. Common procedure as of late. Yes, it is his throwing arm. Great season. More deserving than Pennington for sure. If he gets the comeback award, I wouldn't be disappointed. However, the magnitude and quickness that Palmer exhibited overshadows Brees in my opinion.

Winner: Carson Palmer

Who should it be? :doh:

Kurt Warner :thumbsdown:

Big Ben would definitely be in the running..................................if he didn't suckbigdonkeyballs this season.

Did you read my post? :cry: He had no serious injuries to recover from. The only operation(s) he had were to his face. I think you need to come back from a career threatening injury to qualify.