Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Clogged Ear

My left ear clogs up (like you're in an airplane) about 6 days a week. It's really annoying. I mean, I only work on the 13th floor, it's not like I'm climbing the Matterhorn every day. I've tried all the standard remedies and nothing seems to unclog the dang thing. It's particularly bad when i fly. It may take 4-5 days to unclog my ears. The last time I flew I took decongestants and that seemed to work, but I'd prefer not to have to do so every dang day. Anybody have any good suggestions on how to either fix it once it happens and/or keep it from happening?

I have to chew gum during take offs and landings. Some times when that's not working I yawn which always seems to help

I used to get ear infections as a kid with wax build up. My mom had me rest the afflicted ear on a warm, damp facecloth with a little salt on it. I hated it, but it worked.

Hold your nose, close your mouth and blow as hard as you can. If you start bleeding from your ears then you blew to hard, and this method did not work. :unsure:

Hold your nose, close your mouth and blow as hard as you can.

I already tried this. I sharted.

The pressure in your ear is supposed to be horizontal. Yours may be vertical, in which case a tube would work. Worked wonders for me. You can get a temporary one which is really focking small and most ear docs will do it right in their office. Takes about 2 minutes, very easy. Or you could go with a more permanent one, in which the tube is alot bigger and will last a bit longer.

I (just 2 days ago) had one fall out. May have to go get another one soon.

The pressure in your ear is supposed to be horizontal. Yours may be vertical, in which case a tube would work. Worked wonders for me. You can get a temporary one which is really focking small and most ear docs will do it right in their office. Takes about 2 minutes, very easy. Or you could go with a more permanent one, in which the tube is alot bigger and will last a bit longer.

I (just 2 days ago) had one fall out. May have to go get another one soon.

thank you!