Sign in to follow this  
IndyTom

Rodney Harrison Officially Out The Rest of Postseason

"The San Diego Union-Tribune reports Patriots safety Rodney Harrison has a slightly torn ACL and will be lost for the postseason.

Harrison was believed to have only had a sprained MCL before this news, which hasn't been reported by any Boston-area newspapers. He was already ruled out for the Divisional Round game at San Diego. James Sanders and Chad Scott will continue to see more time at safety"

--RotoNews

Horrible but not unexpected news. As a Pats fan you have gotten used to playting big games with key players not dressed. It has been a constant over the years. I know many don't like the guy but he's a stud and a legit team leader who's absolutely worshipped by his teammates. When he's on the field he brings a grittiness that definetly spills over to the rest of his teammates.

While it's a dropoff James Sanders has been playing well this year. Last year he wasn't good but he has really picked it up over the course of this season and looks like somone who can help the Pats now and in the future. No doubt he'll have his hands full this Sunday as I can definetly see the Chargers taking aim at Gates down the middle of the Pats D as they are playing two backup safeties this weekend.

Not a Pats fan, but you've got to give the Patriots props for being able to plug just about anybody into the secondary and be successful.

They did completely bone Troy Brown after it though.

Not a Pats fan, but you've got to give the Patriots props for being able to plug just about anybody into the secondary and be successful.

No...give the NFL credit for making it POSSIBLE to win without any good players anymore through salary caps and social welfare principles applied to football. The players dont mean Sh!t anymore. Just ask New England...thats why they cut them all once they play a good game for them.

Great for Kraft and Belichick, BAD for players and of course fantasy football geeks like us.

Oh yeah... Fock Rodney Harrison..I hope its career ending and he walks funny forever. The dirty bassturd deserves it 100%. :thumbsdown:

:lol:

No...give the NFL credit for making it POSSIBLE to win without any good players anymore through salary caps and social welfare principles applied to football. The players dont mean Sh!t anymore. Just ask New England...thats why they cut them all once they play a good game for them.

Great for Kraft and Belichick, BAD for players and of course fantasy football geeks like us.

Oh yeah... Fock Rodney Harrison..I hope its career ending and he walks funny forever. The dirty bassturd deserves it 100%. :banana:

:cheers:

Would you just STFU. We already heard your ridiculous tirade about the NFL. Don't focking watch it then. :mad: As for Harrison I blame Bill B for playing the meaningless Titans game like it was the superbowl. He should have rested a lot of the players and we're lucky Rodney was the only one injured. Bill is the best but I think he made a bad decision to play so many starters and so long into that game. It's not like the team was struggling and we needed to build up momentum.

Losing Harrison a key run stopper and facign the greatest RB since Barry - might be to much for Patriots.

Losing Harrison a key run stopper and facign the greatest RB since Barry - might be to much for Patriots.

If Brady's half the QB everyone says he is... Pats should still win. This will be his chance to carry a roughed up defense on his shoulders. Should be a good one.

"The San Diego Union-Tribune reports Patriots safety Rodney Harrison has a slightly torn ACL and will be lost for the postseason.

Harrison was believed to have only had a sprained MCL before this news, which hasn't been reported by any Boston-area newspapers. He was already ruled out for the Divisional Round game at San Diego. James Sanders and Chad Scott will continue to see more time at safety"

--RotoNews

This has not been confirmed by the Pats. Until I see the Pats put him on IR, I do not believe The San Diego Tribune.

This has not been confirmed by the Pats. Until I see the Pats put him on IR, I do not believe The San Diego Tribune.

Your waiting for the Pats to confirm something?

:ninja:

Your waiting for the Pats to confirm something?

:ninja:

:D

:pointstosky:

Belichek will still list him as probable.

:pointstosky:

Belichek will still list him as probable.

He may be out this week, but it is not a torn acl per his agent. See my post above.

"Patriots Notebook" concurring with the San Diego Tribune about a torn ACL:

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/01-07...07/03sports.htm

Good chance that was posted before Harrison's agent denied the rumor of a torn ACL. If he had no chance of playing in the playoffs, Belichick would place him on IR and use the roster spot to add someone else. I'll go with Mike Reiss' word on it, as he's a very credible source with Patriots stuff (he broke the news about the two punters, Josh Miller and Ken Walter, going on IR before anyone else knew). So I'm inclined to agree with lsk6453, Harrison is not "officially out the rest of the postseason", at least not at the present time.

Good chance that was posted before Harrison's agent denied the rumor of a torn ACL. If he had no chance of playing in the playoffs, Belichick would place him on IR and use the roster spot to add someone else. I'll go with Mike Reiss' word on it, as he's a very credible source with Patriots stuff (he broke the news about the two punters, Josh Miller and Ken Walter, going on IR before anyone else knew). So I'm inclined to agree with lsk6453, Harrison is not "officially out the rest of the postseason", at least not at the present time.

Good point. I posted that second link and in hindsight realized that they were probably using the same source as the Trib and pulled it.

Would you just STFU. We already heard your ridiculous tirade about the NFL. Don't focking watch it then. :rolleyes: As for Harrison I blame Bill B for playing the meaningless Titans game like it was the superbowl. He should have rested a lot of the players and we're lucky Rodney was the only one injured. Bill is the best but I think he made a bad decision to play so many starters and so long into that game. It's not like the team was struggling and we needed to build up momentum.

Make me shutup. Why do keep readin it if you already heard it? Pats fan.

I only watch football for fantasy stats and thats it. Too bad if that bothers you. And stop posting your GAY team roster as your signature...this has been deemed completely faggitt-tish by most people on this board.

8400++ posts Rocket? Hows dating going? Sci-Fi channel working out for ya? I assume your a Red Sox fan too.... Got overpriced Japanese pitchers???

"Ohhh look at who I drafted in my 4 team league with my grandparents...." :dunno:

:cheers:

Make me shutup. Why do keep readin it if you already heard it? Pats fan.

I only watch football for fantasy stats and thats it. Too bad if that bothers you. And stop posting your GAY team roster as your signature...this has been deemed completely faggitt-tish by most people on this board.

8400++ posts Rocket? Hows dating going? Sci-Fi channel working out for ya? I assume your a Red Sox fan too.... Got overpriced Japanese pitchers???

"Ohhh look at who I drafted in my 4 team league with my grandparents...." :rolleyes:

:dunno:

Too funny. :cheers: This response pretty much sums up what kind of an immature moron you are. Is this where I'm supposed to chime in and counter your childish personal attacks?

Nice job Rocket! Just ignore him, I do! I've found nothing he writes worth reading so at this point on I'll scan past his scribling.

Too funny. :dunno: This response pretty much sums up what kind of an immature moron you are. Is this where I'm supposed to chime in and counter your childish personal attacks?

I actually thought his response was pretty funny. Made me laugh anyway. lol

To each his own! Thats what makes the world go round! The Lizzards writing is just not my cup of tea so to speak!

Yeah that was pretty original, like we have'nt seen that same set of insults rehashed about 10,000 times over the last 7 years on this board. Whoopie cushions are still funny too. Thanks for the 12-15 year old demographic for checking in.