Sign in to follow this  
Big Blue 06

Grammys

I don't really EVER watch awards shows, but I figure I'll give this one a shot. I haven't sen one like it in several years.

Anyone else wathing/care?

jarhead is on hbo2

:thumbsup:

Thank you for your contribution to this thread. :cry:

Guest Davaco

Thank you for your contribution to this thread. :cry:

anytime :thumbsup:

The police were so so. :dunno:

I was hoping more for a medley. Roxanne was a big hit but far from their best song :dunno:

Is it me or does Justin Timberlake look like Tom Hanks in Philadelphia?

WTF is Mary J Blige babbling about ? :dunno:

Is it me or does Justin Timberlake look like Tom Hanks in Philadelphia?

WTF is Mary J Blige babbling about ? :dunno:

Agree on the Tom Hanks thing.

I have no idea what MJB is babbling about, but I don't care for her music. :dunno:

beyonce is like marty brodeur....

solid..and the voters just figure theyll be back every year in the future..so no votes for them...

they always vote for a story..drama...mary j is giving whitney houston hope somewhere...

dixie chicks..puh-lease...

chris browns performance was :o lionel richie still has it.. smokey robinson overdid it with the plastic surgery....

rascall flatts and carrie were pretty good.. christina disappointed me and i like her a ton..i wanted an upbeat tune...

shakira made my :lol: jump...

beyonce wears gold everything also..but i like her..i want to see her in concert this summer..

justin singing ###### in a box was pretty cool... :clap:

i loved mary j when she first came out..real love is 1 of my favorite tunes..but i cant take her woe is me...i found love after years of doing crack music now...

Shakira and those hips... MY GOD :o :lol:

Id throw this chick with timbergay my cack. :thumbsup:

few other observations..

Gnarls Barkley looks like Officer Winslow

Is that Nathan Peterelli with the Dixie Chicks? :huh:

when the Dixie Cvnts win ANYTHING it is NOT a show for me :huh:

bring on the chili peppers so i can go play with (either ps3 - guitar hero - or myself - havent decided yet :thumbsup: )

The police were so so. :thumbsup:

What?? Are you trying to tell me that an overrated 80s band wasnt that good? Hell you say!

may be the wiskey talking..but the dixie chicsk are kinda hot.

That short little chubby one is kinda hot in the way that Larry from The Three Stooges was kinda sexy.

What?? Are you trying to tell me that an overrated 80s band wasnt that good? Hell you say!

That short little chubby one is kinda hot in the way that Larry from The Three Stooges was kinda sexy.

I more or less thought she/he/it resembled shemp :thumbsup:

I more or less thought she/he/it resembled shemp :thumbsup:

Fuck, I forgot about Shemp. He was so fucking underrated it wasnt funny!

I haven't watched the Grammys in years. The performances are by groups I don't want to see, the nominees are horrible. I read over who wins, and I can't believe how horrible everything has become.

Also, the Dixie Chicks are annoying beyond all belief. I want to bash their skulls in with a fireplace poker. Bash. BASH. BASH!!!!

Note to all musicians: stop all your stupid opinions about politics and any other issues. You are stupid. No one cares. Stop embarrasing yourselves. Play your music, shut the fock up, and stick to what you know about: music, drugs, and dating models.

Whilst watching last night, one of the first thoughts that went through my head when the DC won the grammy(s) was, Oh boy, Faux is gonna HATE this!

Sure 'nuff, flipping through the channels today and the very first thing I see those morons from "Faux and Fiends" babbling about was the DC. :banana:

...an hour later, flipping through channels - and again - STILL ranting about the DC. :clap:

Like them or not, I kinda like that they "FOCK YOU"'d everybody and still came out on top. Clear Channel banned them and they STILL had the most downloaded songs on the 'net at one point. The country focks shut them out, so they just go out and win FIVE focking Grammy's. I'll take their actual talent over that fock that raps "honky tonk badonkadonk" any day.

Yeah, I think natalie maines is to political commentary as Bill O'Reilly is to - political commentary - But, if the former host of "Inside Edition" can spout his idiotic (pre-written by his staff of writers) views, then he can't very well jump on the tubby girl for doing the same thing.

If that was the best Gnarls had to offer, then they are the suck! :dunno:

I like watching the grammys. They usually just sit around baking cookies and knitting, but every once in a while they get in a tussle over whose dentures were left in the bunt cake or who needs an adult-diaper change.

How the flock did Stevie Wonder and Tony Bennet win in the "POP" category. The closest thing they come to 'pop' is when their hip goes out.

SLAYER!!!

:rolleyes:

Even in the metal community, Slayer has been irrelevant for the past 17 years. Mastodon is the new face of American metal.

:rolleyes:

Even in the metal community, Slayer has been irrelevant for the past 17 years. Mastodon is the new face of American metal.

While that may be true, remember it was the Grammys. If Mastodon is around in 17 years maybe they'll get one or two. :)

While that may be true, remember it was the Grammys. If Mastodon is around in 17 years maybe they'll get one or two. :banana:

It was a "pity award" because everyone knows that Slayer won't be around much longer. The voters figure they'll have plenty more chances to give that Grammy to Mastodon.

It was a "pity award" because everyone knows that Slayer won't be around much longer. The voters figure they'll have plenty more chances to give that Grammy to Mastodon.

Yes, that was it. :banana:

"[I] don't even care. Our fans don't give a sh1t and that's the most important thing to me. I mean, if they want it ... well, they probably want us to win, but just so they can say 'Fock those other guys.' It's not gonna make us any better. People may look at us differently, but not anybody that's a SLAYER fan. You know what I mean?" 

was that Al Roker ?

i think it was...

flight double-oh-cheeseburger is now ready to depart :clap:

dixie chicks > repubtards. :dunno:

Thats exactly the problem with the grammys. Politics has NO PLACE in it period. :doublethumbsup:

There is no way you can spin the numbers to say the Dixie Chicks were deserving of 5 grammys, sorry. 2 or 3 is a stretch but to give them 5 when there albums and singles were outsold by others? It has become a political statement by people who are voting on this stuff. I really feel bad for the other artists who were as if not more deserving of awards. Its a huge slap in the face for the work they do.

Looking through the lists of nominees, winners, album and single sales I am speechless how they are coming to these conclusions.

Thats exactly the problem with the grammys. Politics has NO PLACE in it period. :doublethumbsup:

There is no way you can spin the numbers to say the Dixie Chicks were deserving of 5 grammys, sorry. 2 or 3 is a stretch but to give them 5 when there albums and singles were outsold by others? It has become a political statement by people who are voting on this stuff. I really feel bad for the other artists who were as if not more deserving of awards. Its a huge slap in the face for the work they do.

Looking through the lists of nominees, winners, album and single sales I am speechless how they are coming to these conclusions.

So, the other 8 grammy's that the DC won before the infamous "comment" were what? Psychic votes by radical left wing liberal Bush haters? :dunno:

The Dixie Chicks will be hard pressed to win an award at the CMA's for quite some time. Did you see the reaction from Big and Rich? They didn't even ackonwledge the Dixie's win with even so much as a clap.

The Dixie Chicks will be hard pressed to win an award at the CMA's for quite some time. Did you see the reaction from Big and Rich? They didn't even ackonwledge the Dixie's win with even so much as a clap.

I'm pretty B&R have seen their best days. Talk about yer one hit wonders. :dunno: