Sign in to follow this  
HTH

The Police at The Grammys 2007

sting likes to repeat himself in songs....

over and over

over and over

over and over

I never got the fscinating with this band. Sting is a decent songwriter, but I've always considered them one of the most overrated bands.

I never got the fscinating with this band. Sting is a decent songwriter, but I've always considered them one of the most overrated bands.

i always considered them a very good 1/2 song band....

find a good hook and sing it over and over....not a lot of lyrics in their songs....

sendin out an SOS....

really..how long does THAT go on?

Because they're unique, energetic and extremely good at their respective instruments.

They put on one of the best live shows around, and they can improvise and jam out with the best of them.

It's kind of hard to understand them if you look at them from a Sting solo career perspective.

The only Police album I never fully warmed up to was "Syncronicity," which lacked some of the energy of their earlier stuff.

My favorite is "Regatta De Blanc," which rocks mercilessly. "Zenyatta Mondatta" is pretty kick ass as well.

I'm not Police fan per se, but watched as my wife had it on.

I was checking out Sting's bass. To the uninformed, it just looks like a beat up piece of shitt. I told my wife that Sting's bass was probably worth at least $10K, maybe upwards of $20k - not because it was Sting's but because it was a vintage Fender Precision/telecaster bass (though the fact that it was Sting's would certainly add value).

It turns out he has two identical '54 Fender P-basses (though his are actually a '55 & '57).

I dig vintage instruments and wish I had the cash to collect. Another six years and my '88 Charvel Model 6 is a classic :dunno:

Because they're unique, energetic and extremely good at their respective instruments.

Exactly. :banana:

Stewart Copeland is one of my favorite drummers. I am glad they have the chance to show the world again how good they are.

I'm not Police fan per se, but watched as my wife had it on.

I was checking out Sting's ass. To the uninformed, it just looks like a beat up piece of shitt. I told my wife that Sting's ass was probably worth at least $10K, maybe upwards of $20k - not because it was Sting's but because it was a vintage ass (though the fact that it was Sting's would certainly add value).

It turns out he has two identical '54 asses

:huh:

I like to listen to the Police, but to be honest if it was Sting and any 2 other guys calling themselves the Police I wouldn't know any better.

;)

They have been annouced as the headliners for this years Bonnaroo festival if anyone was thinking of heading to Middle TN this year.

They are 3 of the most talented and respected musicians around... :lol:

Both Copeland and Summers have had great success in film scores, studio work. Copelands percussion work is undeniably great, and ask guitar players about some of the progressions, especially in the earlier work. Just because you may not like them, doesn't mean they are overrated, it just means you have no idea what musicianship is, now go back to you K-Fed cd.... :(

denver in june. i'll be there more than likely.

and most music is pretty darn repetitive.

the beauty is in how good sting looks still

:thumbsdown: