Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

What's the biggest opportunity ...

I'd love to say it was the GTO, or the GT Fastback Mustang ... but there was a time, when I was working as photo retoucher full time, and one of my coworkers was teaching a class at Parson's School of Design in web, and recommended me to teach Photoshop class, adjunct .... night class. Anyway, we had a little phone interview, and she said .... "How about Adobe Illustrator .... do you think you could teach an Adobe Illustrator class?" and I said, "No, I don't think I'd be comfortable teaching Illustrator ... Photoshop .... Mmmmm .... Photoshop." Didn't get the job. That was like ... 1998?

What if ... I had just lied .... said, "Oh, yeah... well Illustrator is but one vector rendering tool .... blah blah BS! Sure, I can do that." and gotten that job. Teaching .... at Parson's .... in 1998. Would have MADE my resume ... but I said, "Nope ... Illustrator to me is messed up. Adobe really messed up that program. I've become confused about it ... I hate Illustrator."

Honesty .... refreshing as it may have been, it wasn't what they were looking for at the time. Coulda .... wanted to ... teach a Photoshop class at Parson's. Shoulda lied. "Oh yeah ... I'm a master at Illustrator!". and I woulda got the job.

And a true ... documentored story ... forced my last full time employer into paying me $15k more per year .... or I might quit. "I have an offer, just doing retouching ... I'd rather be in this new "Interactive" division ... but this job pays well ... and I'm tempted to take it. Can you match it?"

And they did. The other job ... never existed! Total bluff. And I made the big stack fold. Later ... I made them lay me off. NOT FIRED ... just gimme my severence and unemployment .... we made a deal. I won. IMHO.

I would say the pretty red haired girl I met at a friends party about 6 years ago. We actually kinda got together at the bar the night before and she invited me out. Things were going great at the party. Just me and her laugh and talking and having a great time. So she decided to go swimming in the pond. I thought what the hell I might as well go to. So we're swimming and drinking and having a bigtime. As the night closed down and there was still a few people there, she said she was a little tired. I told her she could come back to my place and get a good nights rest. The way the night had went I actually thought this could actually lead to something a little more serious like a 4th date. I mean hell I couldnt have scripted how well this entire process had went from the night before until now. So I'm trying to be a focking gentleman and tell her she's welcome to sleep on any bed. This is where it gets sideways.

I tell her I'm about to take a shower in the other bathroom and I get her towels and luffa ready. This girl tells me she's not going to shower. Now keep in mind that this chick is damn goodlooking,great sense of humor,intelligent and did I mention that she's redheaded. We had been swimming around in a goddamned duck pond for the past hour and a half and this chick doesnt want to wash her ass. I'm like WTF is going on here to myself. Duck shiat,fish shiat and no telling what other shiat we've been swimming around in and this gal doesnt want to wash. So I take a bath and eventually end up in bed beside her. At this point I'm thinking I could never date this chick now and then I would think about that big perfect smile and pretty red hair and nice legs. She really had some nice calves and they were tan. I didnt try the full court press even though she was in my bed. I was just being a respectable guy I guess. Next morning I go buy her some fresh fruit and made her some pancakes before I woke her. It's on a Sunday morning and we make plans for the next weekend because we had a good time. I called on Wed and had a very short conversation. Thursday she said no can do because she had to work this weekend. Left message on Sunday evening and no return call. The thing is she never talked to our mutial friends again either. To this day we still laugh about how all that turned out. By the way I later learned she was bi-polar. Those people had known eachother for several years and to this day she has never called them. Had I tried to fock her and her said no then I could possibly understand. Your thoughts

when I graduated from college in 95 I had a job interview as a manager trainee for HOOTERS. It as a Hooters in Indy. I met with the regional manager and we hit it off and the interview went great. The manager asked me when I could start. I focked up and told him that I didn't know because me girlfriend (36c) was interviewing at the Mayo Medical clinic the following week.

Long story short, I didn't get the job because the manager thought I didn't concider it a priority, :cry: and my girlfriend ended up dumping me soon after she got to Mayo because she is a ###### :mad: :wall:

side note -   I did at least get to have a 3some with my girlfriend and her hot roommate (34d) at least once before we broke up

:pointstosky:

I would say the pretty red haired girl I met at a friends party about 6 years ago. We actually kinda got together at the bar the night before and she invited me out. Things were going great at the party. Just me and her laugh and talking and having a great time. So she decided to go swimming in the pond. I thought what the hell I might as well go to. So we're swimming and drinking and having a bigtime. As the night closed down and there was still a few people there, she said she was a little tired. I told her she could come back to my place and get a good nights rest. The way the night had went I actually thought this could actually lead to something a little more serious like a 4th date. I mean hell I couldnt have scripted how well this entire process had went from the night before until now. So I'm trying to be a focking gentleman and tell her she's welcome to sleep on any bed. This is where it gets sideways.

I tell her I'm about to take a shower in the other bathroom and I get her towels and luffa ready. This girl tells me she's not going to shower. Now keep in mind that this chick is damn goodlooking,great sense of humor,intelligent and did I mention that she's redheaded. We had been swimming around in a goddamned duck pond for the past hour and a half and this chick doesnt want to wash her ass. I'm like WTF is going on here to myself. Duck shiat,fish shiat and no telling what other shiat we've been swimming around in and this gal doesnt want to wash. So I take a bath and eventually end up in bed beside her. At this point I'm thinking I could never date this chick now and then I would think about that big perfect smile and pretty red hair and nice legs. She really had some nice calves and they were tan. I didnt try the full court press even though she was in my bed. I was just being a respectable guy I guess. Next morning I go buy her some fresh fruit and made her some pancakes before I woke her. It's on a Sunday morning and we make plans for the next weekend because we had a good time. I called on Wed and had a very short conversation. Thursday she said no can do because she had to work this weekend. Left message on Sunday evening and no return call. The thing is she never talked to our mutial friends again either. To this day we still laugh about how all that turned out. By the way I later learned she was bi-polar. Those people had known eachother for several years and to this day she has never called them. Had I tried to fock her and her said no then I could possibly understand. Your thoughts

Why is it that every time a girl dumps a guy, or has a fight with him, she is automatically labeled bi-polar? Did you ever consider that fact that she didn't take a shower because she was tired, drunk, and just wanted to sleep? And I mean NOT with you.

Why is it that every time a girl dumps a guy, or has a fight with him, she is automatically labeled bi-polar? Did you ever consider that fact that she didn't take a shower because she was tired, drunk, and just wanted to sleep? And I mean NOT with you.

:banana:

your bi-polar aren't you? :rolleyes:

PMS is not bi-polar. :dunno:

Somedays it is! :doh:

No I never considered the last option. And by the way I didnt diagnosis the ole gal. How can someone be too tired to wash duck and turtle poop outta theys cooter?

I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity of being placed on joneo's exiled list.

one time during my freshman year in college i had just started walking back from the bar, when i got a call from my friend fran. She said a bunch of her friends were at her dorm room in reinow drinking and that i should come over. So when i got over there they are all drinkin hawkeye vodka, but they had just started so i was way further gone than any of them.

Turned out this girl (34 C short and petite) from my principles of chem lab was there, apparently she lived 2 floors above. Fran started introducing me to everyone there i didn't know. and when she got to this girl i was like "i know jen, she's my smokin' hot lab partner." So we got to talking/ drinking a lot more. It was mostly drunken banter.."oh i didn't know you were friends with fran, crazy" and sh1t like that. I didn't think anything was going on, i wasn't putting "the mac" on her or anything. It gets to be like 4 am and i'm gettin really tired so i say goodbye to fran and everybody and leave the room to walk across the street to my dorm at the quad.

right when i get out of the room i notice that jen is behind me. I don't even remember exactly what led to this, but we started making out in the hall of reinow. and it started to get a little hot (she started rubbing my crotch and i put my hand down her pants and started playin with her)

"We should go to your place" she said, so we walked over to my room in the quad. We get there and i open the door, and somewhere in my drunkeness i forgot that my roommate (who was my best friend from highschool) and his girlfriend (who went to school 3 hours away and was visiting for the weekend) were asleep on the futon. So i offered to walk her back to reinow and she was like "no... that's ok". It was freezing out so i gave her one of my sweatshirts for the walk back.

after that everything was awkward, and i never got even remotely close to hitting that. i never got the sweatshirt back either... :banana:

that was three years ago, and she facebooked me as a friend about a week ago. turns out she got pregnant (go figure) had a kid, dropped out of iowa and went to kirkwood community college and got her realator's liscence...

i think i should ask her for my sweatshirt back :P

when I graduated from college in 95 I had a job interview as a manager trainee for HOOTERS. It as a Hooters in Indy. I met with the regional manager and we hit it off and the interview went great. The manager asked me when I could start. I focked up and told him that I didn't know because me girlfriend (36c) was interviewing at the Mayo Medical clinic the following week.

Long story short, I didn't get the job because the manager thought I didn't concider it a priority, :banana: and my girlfriend ended up dumping me soon after she got to Mayo because she is a ###### :banana: :banana:

side note -   I did at least get to have a 3some with my girlfriend and her hot roommate (34d) at least once before we broke up

:P

You a chubby chaser?

By the way I later learned she was bi-polar.

My Ex turned bi-polar and it ended a 20+ year marriage and cost me 100's of 1,000's. Consider yourself lucky it didn't go any further. First hint of bi-polar, run, don't walk and hide like a scared gerbel. :cheers:

I was up for the role as Neo in the matrix but focked it up.

I could not bend in all those directions and they fired me.

Ok not so much.

I did pass on being a Video game tester in Cali. I wonder how that would have worked out.