Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

Big Ten Player of the Year is....

no surprise

.....unless you thought it was going to be a 44-year-old freshman who is aging a month every five minutes. :mad:

:thumbsup: :lol:

Maybe you shouldn't be the one to ask, being a homer and all, but how do you see Mr. Tucker doing in the NBA? Everything I have seen on the net is that he is not a projected lotto pick. Is it because he will be a "tweener" in the Association?

Tucker deserves it more than any other, happy to see Oden wasn't just handed the honor etc... :dunno:

no need to click any links

:dunno: Congratulations Greg Oden! :dunno:

I was afraid some goof on a team that couldn't even win the big ten and choked that away when it mattered most might get this. ;)

Maybe you shouldn't be the one to ask, being a homer and all, but how do you see Mr. Tucker doing in the NBA? Everything I have seen on the net is that he is not a projected lotto pick. Is it because he will be a "tweener" in the Association?

A little short. I've met him a few times and he's not quite 6'6" (what he's listed.)

He's a hard worker, so we'll see. He has improved his outside shot but he must continue to do so.

....and free throw shooting :dunno:

He's an incredible athlete... He could slip in the draft and somebody could get a real gem. He's got a good head on his shoulders.

Always sad that because of injuries (Tucker) and leaving early (Harris) him and Devin Harris didn't get much time together to develop some chemistry.

A little short. I've met him a few times and he's not quite 6'6" (what he's listed.)

He's a hard worker, so we'll see. He has improved his outside shot but he must continue to do so.

....and free throw shooting :dunno:

He's an incredible athlete... He could slip in the draft and somebody could get a real gem. He's got a good head on his shoulders.

Always sad that because of injuries (Tucker) and leaving early (Harris) him and Devin Harris didn't get much time together to develop some chemistry.

They were seperated by three/four years no?

They were seperated by three/four years no?

Tucker was a freshman and Harris was a sophomore when they got to play together... but they were very young.

Tucker hurt himself the next year and got a medical red shirt.

The following year, Harris left early for the NBA :D

ETA: I have played them both one-on-one in basketball.

I beat Tucker by more; but I think they are both good players.

:dunno:

ETA: I have played them both one-on-one in basketball.

I beat Tucker by more; but I think they are both good players.

:dunno:

;)

....and free throw shooting :clap:

Athletically, he reminds me of D. Wade when he came out of Marquette. Athletic enough to get to the basket and strong enough to finish with contact. His shooting from the outside has improved by leaps and bounds since his early days. And, he holds the school record for vertical, besting Michael Finley.

That said, his defense could definitely use some work. It'll be interesting to see how, or if, his game translates to the next level.

Adam Haluska, Iowa, the kid almost single handedly carried that team this year, given they aren't a great team, but he led the league in points per game and has turned into a pretty good all around player.

Adam Haluska, Iowa, the kid almost single handedly carried that team this year, given they aren't a great team, but he led the league in points per game and has turned into a pretty good all around player.

Jay Mohr is a good player. :D

He's a flopper, though.

Not quite Brian Cardinal from the old Purdue teams...

He always seemed to be overacting, falling over, and flopping around to get to the foul line...

....where he was a 90 percent free throw shooter. :lol:

Think he will be fine. He's a much better ball handler than he is given credit for. His outside shot will be fine but he needs to work on getting more trajectory. The biggest ? IMHO is whether he can guard the far quicker players he will see in the NBA as a 2 guard. May take him a year or 2 to assimilate but likely a solid player.

....and free throw shooting :wall:

No question he's the conference player of the year. Not even close.

Nominal pro. Guys his height better be either point guards or great shooters to do anything more than stick in the NBA. He's neither. Wih the right team he could be a long term player, but he better be a defensive stopper. His offensive skills won't keep him in the league.

Athletically, he reminds me of D. Wade when he came out of Marquette.

You've got to be kidding. More Luther Head than Dwyane Wade as far as his NBA prospects are concerned. Serviceable in the right situation. Never a star.

I haven't listened to Rome in years but apparently he just had Tucker on and I missed it by 10 seconds.

Apparently it was a pretty good interview, too.... :dunno:

Anybody catch it?

On a side note: If the Badgers are truly relegated to a 2nd seed no matter what they do, it wouldn't be a shame if they didn't have to play three games in three days against three grueling defenses. They're already a little thinner because of Butch.

I'd love to see them win the Big Ten tourney, but you have to believe they have bigger goals.