Sign in to follow this  
naomi

Something you've always wanted to do

Dayum. Can I be you??

Serioiusly, very impressive! :cheers:

Yes, anyone can. It's called America. There is far more that I haven't posted. And, yeah, I am very happy. As Red Green would say, "we're all in this together and I"m pulling for you!"

No one can be me, I am one of a kind and so are you.

always wanted to learn how to box... i'm a skinny lanky fock though... probably get a beating...

You might be surprised. Ever tried lifting weights? Worse ass kickin' I ever took was from a lanky guy. I know another lanky, surfer, stoner dude from Hawaii ... killed a guy, with 1 punch, in a bar in NYC. Freak punch, spun around, perfect punch, knocked him out. He came too, but refused medical treatment and died. Also knew a lanky, skinny dude ... prolly 5' 10" ... 160 ... in college, could beat ANYBODY armwrestling. Tom Johnson. It was amazing. I never saw anyone beat him. One time, a pledge class had this big guy named Les ... good, 240 6' 2" ... big farmboy type .... and as, supposed entertainment for the actives... he challenged anybody to arm wrestle him, and TJ walked up and Les was laughing ... like no way this little guy is gonna beat me. And it was like WHACK! 1 second ... over, TJ wins. Never seen anything like it.

You might be surprised. Ever tried lifting weights?

yep... throughout highschool for football and baseball... never truly put on any mass, but gained some strength...

basically quit lifting in college <_<

i think it'd be fun to box... i think there'd be a type of comradery there, and i wouldn't mind attempting to beat someone every now and then (all in good fun though)

yep... throughout highschool for football and baseball... never truly put on any mass, but gained some strength...

basically quit lifting in college <_<

i think it'd be fun to box... i think there'd be a type of comradery there, and i wouldn't mind attempting to beat someone every now and then (all in good fun though)

It's just like learning karate or anything else. You find a gym where they teach you to box, and you go and do it. You can spar with guys, with headgear, and just get a feel for it. It's pretty common, you will eventually break your nose. First time is the worst ... and hopefully you aren't a bleeder. That was my problem. Nose bleeds. Some guys also, can't take a shot to the jaw, or get a cut that kinda never heals ... good shot to that same place and they are cut again. It's pretty brutal on a competitive level. But nobody is gonna put you in the ring against Tyson.

But nobody is gonna put you in the ring against Tyson.

I think it's one of those things you just have to "do"... i mean i've been in fights before, but once punches start flyin, i'm a "take-down" / wrestle-em down to get position for some good punches kinda guy (what do you expect... i'm from iowa). Obviously the rules of boxing aren't geared for that, so i'd be a little hesitant to go toe-to-toe with some guy.

kinda like your friend build-wise (i'm 5'11 about 160), but i doubt i have the arm wrestling prowess he does... i mean do you see how skinny these forearms are??? geek photo the only thing i'd have going for me would be broad shoulders/ long arms for a decent reach.

what was it like when you first started out doing this for fun?? and how much did you weigh/ and your height... did you get a lot of advice and do drills first are just start sparring right away??

I always wanted to bang Anna Nichole Smith but never got a chance. This thread inspired me so I had her corpse dug up and just finished. <_< A little stiff but she hasn't decomposed too badly.

Yo, most cities have boxing gyms. You can go there and train and see how it goes. I had a friend who did that. 5'10 155 or so. Skinny as fock and wont gain weight no matter what. This guy has at least one 32 oz soda a day. But they have weight classes so you'll never be over matched. And its not like they throw you in the ring on the quickness. My friend didn't even hit a bag for 2 weeks, they made him shadow box and jump rope. He did it for fun but after about 4 months, he decided to have a fight. He was gonna get paid $750 win or lose. But that dumb ass rolled his SUV and flipped it 4-5 times. No major injuries, but it put em on the shelf training wise for about a month and he never got back into it. Went back 6 months later and the building was torn down.

But yea, i think i'm more of a throw a few punches and see if i can take care of it with that. After a few swings i say fock it and take the guy down. Wrestled a lil bit in high school, but i give more credit to the fact that i have an older brother and cousin that lived with me. My cousin wrestled for all 4 years of high school. My friend can beat the ###### out of me when we box, but when its a anything goes fight, it wont take me longer than 2 minutes to win. Thats why i wanna do a UFC type fight. Hopefully next summer.

I think it's one of those things you just have to "do"... i mean i've been in fights before, but once punches start flyin, i'm a "take-down" / wrestle-em down to get position for some good punches kinda guy (what do you expect... i'm from iowa). Obviously the rules of boxing aren't geared for that, so i'd be a little hesitant to go toe-to-toe with some guy.

kinda like your friend build-wise (i'm 5'11 about 160), but i doubt i have the arm wrestling prowess he does... i mean do you see how skinny these forearms are??? geek photo the only thing i'd have going for me would be broad shoulders/ long arms for a decent reach.

what was it like when you first started out doing this for fun?? and how much did you weigh/ and your height... did you get a lot of advice and do drills first are just start sparring right away??

I guess it really started with Karate lessons as a kid. And if you want to get into a similar situation, where you pull your punches, that's some basics for sparing. In the end, it's all your feet though. That's why you need to jump rope. You need strong, agile feet ... a big part of it, is just getting in "fighting shape". And once you got a couple guys of equal size, equal shape, and you can put 'em in a ring ... you kinda see what you got. Some men fight, some men flee. It's kinda like Poker ...

Anyway, it was in High School mostly, I was lifting ... max bench was 260, but I weighed like 180 ... 6 foot 1. I never got that serious about it, because I bleed if you hit my nose. Mighta worked door at some underground parties though, for some extra cash. Pretty much the strongest guy of all my friends. I'm more of a street fight guy. Hopefully sober ... and breaking it up. Yeah ... wrestling, too.

It's all good to know.

And you look gay, in that photo, just FYI. Slapfight, aint gonna cut it.

Not gay? You can do wrist curls ... wrist curls are real good for strengthening your forearms. Everyone has different muscles that are hard to address ... for me it's biceps. I have naturaly big triceps though ... cut triceps, all the time, don't need to work out for 'em.

Sure your not gay? Cause ... you kinda look gay ... in that photo.

No offense ... I'm just sayin'

Ever see "Full Metal Jacket"?

"CAN YOU SHOW ME YOUR MEAN FACE!"

"RAAAAAHHHH!!!!"

Gonna hafta have a meanface to box, well.

What kind of restaurant are you planning on? :D

I've always wanted to do this too.... figured this one's a bit unattainable for me though. I would love to open an Italian Bistro style restaurant. Something classy, yet still comfortable. Definitely create a romantic setting and offer a fabulous wine list.

want to do it up in the mountains. small, intimate fine dining in a rustic environment...... something out of a tiny apline medieval village (lots of burgunday, peuter, sconces, etc). food will be eclectic euro, with occational influences from other regions around the world (including US).... only type of food i am not fond of is southwestern................... so ........... rustic ellegance

Sure your not gay? Cause ... you kinda look gay ...

wow... so someone comes to you interested in boxing, something you've done before, and wants to get a feel for what its like/ideas to start and you pull sh1t like this??? social skills... pick some up

and how do i look gay??? is it any gayer than sporting a leather trench with dog collar spikes and 80s hair??

Giants Fan?!?!

and i used to wonder why everyone gave you sh1t...

Traveling the world in the Air Force has narrowed my list down quite a bit, but here's a few.

Be a professional food critic

Do color commentary for a Bengals game

Fly fish in a real, middle of nowhere river..like in Montana or something.

Tough to keep up with the rap sheets of the players!

If you have never boxed, you would be exhausted in no more then 60 seconds!

want to do it up in the mountains. small, intimate fine dining in a rustic environment...... something out of a tiny apline medieval village (lots of burgunday, peuter, sconces, etc). food will be eclectic euro, with occational influences from other regions around the world (including US).... only type of food i am not fond of is southwestern................... so ........... rustic ellegance

Sounds really nice!

Good luck with getting it off the ground and making it happen. :D

Things I've wanted to do.....off the top of my head....

run for public office and win

space alien autopsy

become a vampire

Things I've wanted to do.....off the top of my head....

run for public office and win

space alien autopsy

become a vampire

This one I'm not sure about. The other 2 you are a lock for! :D

This one I'm not sure about. The other 2 you are a lock for! :D

How about lay a big steamy turd and Tarheel Boys face ?

:dunno:

Sounds really nice!

Good luck with getting it off the ground and making it happen. :thumbsup:

you'll get a lot of inspiration in napa for your italian restaurant.