Sign in to follow this  
pimptastic69

Conference Tournaments

If your not going to allow every team from your conference into your tournament, what is the point in having it? Isn't it so that the "Cinderella" team gets a chance? What better opportunity is there for the cinderella team to make it to the Big Dance than to win the conference tournament?

the big 12 does let every team play :banana:

and you could have a perfect schedule with 16 teams, yet some conference go with 12 teams. That doesnt make any sense.

also the answer is trophies that go in the hall :wub:

Banners and $. Next stupid ?. :banana:

OK I get that. So, why not let every one in. The Big East doesn't do it.

The bottom of the big east is worse then the bottom of the Atlantic 10 though, sure they have some good teams, but their bottom teams are simply pitiful.... :thumbsdown:

If your not going to allow every team from your conference into your tournament, what is the point in having it? Isn't it so that the "Cinderella" team gets a chance? What better opportunity is there for the cinderella team to make it to the Big Dance than to win the conference tournament?

Cinderella gets a chance. Her ugly stepsisters? Nobody wants them at the dance.

The Big East selection show ratings are huge.

Cause the Big Least has like 30 teams. It would take 3 weeks to play a conference tourney. :dunno:

Cinderella gets a chance. Her ugly stepsisters? Nobody wants them at the dance.

:dunno:

Cause the Big Least has like 30 teams. It would take 3 weeks to play a conference tourney. :dunno:

:D

I'm watching UConn vs Syracuse, and I think the question should be why does the Big East include this many teams in their tournament?

Man, do these two teams suck. I could find a more entertaining pickup game without much effort. It'll have to be a pickup game; the junior high season has ended.

If Syracuse loses to these guys and still makes the NCAA's (many say they're already in) there should be a full blown investigation.

Personally, I don't care for the conference tournaments. Sure, I love the ACC conference tourney because it's the best conference tourney in the country without question. There have been some monumental battles and none better than 1974 conference tourney final, IMO. I think it takes away from the value of the regular season just a little. We all like the cinderella story and that's all well and good, but at some point enough is enough. In 1997, NC STate was the last seed in the ACC tourney and deservedly so because they sucked ass. They made it to the ACC tourney final before losing to Carolina, but if they had won that game why would they have been deserving of being in the NCAA tourney? Because they got hot for 4 straight days and that in itself erased 16 games of pretty horrible play?

The ACC conference tourney does get me excited, but it wouldn't bother me if they did away with it. The problem is though that with the ACC, Big East, and other conferences there is an unbalanced schedule during the regular season. There would be too much controversy due to the unbalanced schedule if there weren't some sort of conference tourney, I suppose.

All that being said..... ACC Tourney>Any other conference tourney

:dunno: