Sign in to follow this  
Chronic Husker

Broncos sign Patrick Ramsey

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5377840

All of Denver's needs are taken care of except for pass rusher and returner. Trade for Bly (upgrade). Got rid of Plummer. Got a RB (upgrade). Got a backup QB (upgrade). Got a TE (upgrade).

I would have rather had McGahee and Brad Johnson, but I never expected getting Bly.

Get a pass rusher in the 1st round (or Ted Ginn) and a whole slew of draft picks to look forward to.

Shanahan is a genius. It's good to be a Bronco fan.

Wouldn't you rather have had a veteran QB, whose had at least a shred of success to back up the kid?

Garcia would have been perfect.

Wouldn't you rather have had a veteran QB, whose had at least a shred of success to back up the kid?

Up until yesterday, I wanted Brad Johnson. But Ramsey is a nice fit for a backup.

The way I would look at it is: this way there is zero chance of a QB controversy. Imagine if the kid has some struggles, then everyone is screaming for Garcia, that's a lot of pressure for a guy with 8 game sunder his belt. With Ramsey, it's Cutler or bust. Plus I think Ramsey as some ability, the problem is he's been playing in DC.

A+ :lol:

they get a drug addict RB, overpay a mediocre TE, give up too much for CB that doesn't even want to be there AND now they sign a QB that wasn't even good enough to back up chad pennington.

A+++++++++++ :lol:

I agree that you are getting a little ahead of yourself. Henry and Bly have been perpetual complainers and have not been seen as good "locker room" guys . Add Walker's pre-madonna attitude to that and Cutler's arrogance and you have the make-up of a volatile team if things don't start off well.

Also, at some point continunity has to be addressed. In two years the Broncos have brought in a new qb, wr, rb, te, back-up qb, lt....etc. How long is it going to take for all of these guys to get used to playing with each other and learn the playbook. The entire offense has been overhauled. This is the NFL, consistency and continuity are king.

A+ :lol:

they get a drug addict RB, overpay a mediocre TE, give up to much for CB that doesn't even want to be there AND now they sign a QB that wasn't even good enough to back up chad pennington.

A+++++++++++ :lol:

He's grading on a curve and with the Raiders in the division, it makes it easier to score an A+

last i heard they traded for a cb (bly) who immediately told them he didn't want to be there and now the broncos are trying to deal him to the redskins? :lol:

He's grading on a curve and with the Raiders in the division, it makes it easier to score an A+

:wacko:

I just had coffee coming out of my nose laughing at this one. LOL

I think the Broncos most pressing needs are DE, DT and OT. Hopefully, the draft can produce an instant starter in one of these spots.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5377840

All of Denver's needs are taken care of except for pass rusher and returner. Trade for Bly (upgrade). Got rid of Plummer. Got a RB (upgrade). Got a backup QB (upgrade). Got a TE (upgrade).

I would have rather had McGahee and Brad Johnson, but I never expected getting Bly.

Get a pass rusher in the 1st round (or Ted Ginn) and a whole slew of draft picks to look forward to.

Shanahan is a genius. It's good to be a Bronco fan.

I agree the team is better but Ramsey an upgrade over Plummer, I don't think so. If something happens to Cutler you will find out. The Ramsey signing is weak.

The way I would look at it is: this way there is zero chance of a QB controversy. Imagine if the kid has some struggles, then everyone is screaming for Garcia, that's a lot of pressure for a guy with 8 game sunder his belt. With Ramsey, it's Cutler or bust. Plus I think Ramsey as some ability, the problem is he's been playing in DC.

Good point. It also seems like Shanahan is trying to get away from the guys who run better than they throw.

I agree the team is better but Ramsey an upgrade over Plummer, I don't think so. If something happens to Cutler you will find out. The Ramsey signing is weak.

True. It was a forgone conclusion that Plummer was leaving the day Cutler was announced the starter. I consider Ramsey an upgrade over what else we had. I'm definitely happy with Ramsey as the backup, though.

No team has added the same amount of contributors as Denver has this free agent season.

The Broncos will probably end up with Springs (from the Redskins). Bly wants in D.C. cause he'll get paid, and Springs want's to the Broncos, cause he has ties to that team. Both are about the same, talent wise, so it'll probably go down that way. Either way, it's a definate upgrade over D. Willaimas (pre-death)

Scheffler I still think will be teh #1 TE as far as catching, must like Sharpe was. He isn't up to par blocking wise though, that's why they went with Graham.

I don't like the Ramsey signing though... Not that I'd like Brad Johnson any better, but haven't we all seen the Ramsey train wreck play out in D.C. before? I'd like to have had Garcia more, but he wanted to compete for a starting job, and that wasn't gonna happen in Denver.

We'll have the draft for the pass rushers, so hopefully we don't wiff on that.

and I know I said "we" when talking about the Broncos, of which I'm not a member of, so to all you who get annoyed by it, sorry, but that's just the way it is

The Broncos will probably end up with Springs (from the Redskins). Bly wants in D.C. cause he'll get paid, and Springs want's to the Broncos, cause he has ties to that team. Both are about the same, talent wise, so it'll probably go down that way. Either way, it's a definate upgrade over D. Willaimas (pre-death)

Scheffler I still think will be teh #1 TE as far as catching, must like Sharpe was. He isn't up to par blocking wise though, that's why they went with Graham. I don't like the Ramsey signing though... Not that I'd like Brad Johnson any better, but haven't we all seen the Ramsey train wreck play out in D.C. before? I'd like to have had Garcia more, but he wanted to compete for a starting job, and that wasn't gonna happen in Denver.

We'll have the draft for the pass rushers, so hopefully we don't wiff on that.

They just paid a hell of a lot of money out to a #2 TE that's being brought in because he can block.

Denver's off-season has been flashy because of all the big names and major moves. But an argument could be made for Shanahan's off-season being about a D- to an F as well.

NFL.com has Ramsey listed under Jets transactions for signing yesterday (3/8) with them. Denver has no listing for Ramsey? Is this just an error on the NFL site?