Sign in to follow this  
TylerRoseFan

Family Issues

Mrs TRF and I aren't getting along very well. Many family influences and I haven't been as attentive as I should. Anyway, she left for the evening. :headbanger:

Guest Davaco

:headbanger:

did she slam the door on the way out or was this a planned departure?

if it gets really bad, I suggest a GPS tracking system. it wont look good when she gets the restraining order against you, but at least you will know where she is

She's stressed w/ all the stuff going on w/ my sister living w/ us and all that sh!t. I've been busy w/ my own stuff and not paying attention to her. That's not everything, but that's the jest of it.

She decided to get a hotel room for the evening.

Guest Black Label Society

Mrs TRF and I aren't getting along very well. Many family influences and I haven't been as attentive as I should. Anyway, she left for the evening. :(

Sounds like you know you were in the wrong. Call her and apologize and tell her you understand her point(s), and you want to make it up to her. Take her out for a nice, quiet dinner.

Then take her home and bone her in the cornhole.

Guest Davaco

She's stressed w/ all the stuff going on w/ my sister living w/ us and all that sh!t. I've been busy w/ my own stuff and not paying attention to her. That's not everything, but that's the jest of it.

She decided to get a hotel room for the evening.

hopefully just blowing off steam. you might want to start paying more attention, HTH

So, do I call? If I do, I'm not giving her some space. If I don't, I'm being inattentive. :(

You know sometimes people, especially women, get caught up in everything and it tends to build. We aren't always great about saying what we're thinking or what's bothering us all the time hoping it will just go away or fix itself until it gets so bad that all the small things on top of the initial issue is too much. I know it's not a great way to deal with issues, especially when we expect our SO's to just know that something is wrong and fix it for us, but that's the way we are sometimes.

Sounds like she just needed some alone "sanity" time, especially if you have others living with you that usually aren't .

My suggestion, give it to her and leave her alone for the night. As hard as it may be, she needs it. Then when she gets home tomorrow, make sure the house is clean, laundry is done, etc then sit her down and talk about it. Ask her what all the issues are that have built up and just let her vent, and you really, and I mean really, need to listen when she does. Sometimes its just the act of venting and having someone there to listen helps. Then if there are issues that need to be addressed, you can do it then. But AFTER you let her vent.

Sorry to hear about that though. :banana:

On the brigher side, does this mean you get to spend the night entertaining us night posters? :(

So, do I call? If I do, I'm not giving her some space. If I don't, I'm being inattentive. :banana:

For God's sake, call her. Tell her you understand that she needs space, but you just wanted to let her know that you understand where she's coming from. You miss her, you're thinking about her, blah blah blah. It'll help her just know that you're thinking about her. I hope everything works out okay. :(

Guest Davaco

So, do I call? If I do, I'm not giving her some space. If I don't, I'm being inattentive. :(

your focked either way, so you might as well call.

and get off your focking computer and stop posting on message boards

For God's sake, call her. Tell her you understand that she needs space, but you just wanted to let her know that you understand where she's coming from. You miss her, you're thinking about her, blah blah blah. It'll help her just know that you're thinking about her. I hope everything works out okay. :(

:banana:

Per my previous post, I wouldn't suggest calling. She needs this alone time right now. If you want her to know you care, buy some flowers with a card, write a nice little note in the card and deliver it to the front desk of the hotel she is staying at asking that it be delivered to her room ASAP. That way she knows you care and aren't being unattentive, but you also understand that she needs her alone time right now.

At least I know that would do it for me!

Per my previous post, I wouldn't suggest calling. She needs this alone time right now. If you want her to know you care, buy some flowers with a card, write a nice little note in the card and deliver it to the front desk of the hotel she is staying at asking that it be delivered to her room ASAP. That way she knows you care and aren't being unattentive, but you also understand that she needs her alone time right now.

Has BIG PETE!@#@! had to do this yet?@#@!

Just called. "I love you and just wanted to check on you and hear your voice." Then the signal in her phone failed. Kinda like that dropped calls commercial for that company I can't think of right now. :(

Just called. "I love you and just wanted to check on you and hear your voice." Then the signal in her phone failed. Kinda like that dropped calls commercial for that company I can't think of right now. :(

Not that my opinion matters, but I think you did the right thing. At least she knows you are thinking about her. :banana:

This is a very good suggestion. If you do call (and I would) just say "I just wanted to make sure you are OK and comfortable. We should go to dinner and talk tomorrow." That will let her know you care while at the same time, "giving her some space." Leave it at that. She will note your concern.

Do not under any circumstances send her the flowers after this. It will only piss her off.

Do not under any circumstances send her the flowers after this. It will only piss her off.

:( I agree.

You know sometimes people, especially women, get caught up in everything and it tends to build. We aren't always great about saying what we're thinking or what's bothering us all the time hoping it will just go away or fix itself until it gets so bad that all the small things on top of the initial issue is too much. I know it's not a great way to deal with issues, especially when we expect our SO's to just know that something is wrong and fix it for us, but that's the way we are sometimes.

Ah, the old double standard. Men should talk about their feelings more yet have telepathy about what's going on inside a woman's brain. You could not have expressed it better! :(

:banana: I agree.

I know da womenz, inside and out! :banana:

Does this mean I can watch the tourney w/out any interruption? :(

I know, bad joke. :banana:

Does this mean I can watch the tourney w/out any interruption? :banana:

I know, bad joke. :banana:

Bad joke...but good idea. :(

I agree with saw here (so what else is new?)...

Though it's already been said here, it sounds like things just got to be a bit much and she reached her limit.

The fact that you are being so understanding with her need to get away from everything and spend some time alone with her thoughts, speaks volumes. This time apart from eachother will help you each reflect on what is really important and how you might have both started taking things/eachother for granted. (sometimes without even realizing it, this can so easily happen).

Then tomorrow night you two can talk about everything over dinner and get right with eachother again. B)

I agree with saw here (so what else is new?)...

Though it's already been said here, it sounds like things just got to be a bit much and she reached her limit.

The fact that you are being so understanding with her need to get away from everything and spend some time alone with her thoughts, speaks volumes. This time apart from eachother will help you each reflect on what is really important and how you might have both started taking things/eachother for granted. (sometimes without even realizing it, this can so easily happen).

Then tomorrow night you two can talk about everything over dinner and get right with eachother again. B)

B) Exactly!

Is this some sort of sympathy for Geek Brackets?

Seriously - GL to the 2 of you.

So, here's my plan.

1) Beer

2) Call and tell her to sleep well

3) Beer

4) Praps Taco Bell 7 layer burrito

5) Beer

6) Pron? B)

Is this some sort of sympathy for Geek Brackets?

Seriously - GL to the 2 of you.

Am I in the bracket????

So, here's my plan.

1) Beer

3) Beer

5) Beer

6) Pron? B)

Am I in the bracket????

DO NOT CALL HER! Geez you are dense, read the thread. She is 99.9% likely to be back tomorrow. Quiet dinner and discussion. Tell her that the moment she hits the door (and that you missed her), that's it. Rest of the plan looks good, especially the beer parts.

So, here's my plan.

1) Beer

3) Beer

5) Beer

6) Pron? B)

Am I in the bracket????

Not enough beer in this equation for my taste, but the rest sounds good. B)

While I think it's good that you called her, I dn't think that you should call her again.

I would wait for her to come home, and get some alone time with her. Tell her that you can see how you haven't been attentive, blah blah blah.

GL.

Hunt her down and shoot her and whoever she may be sharing the room with right between the eyes. Problem eliminated. All thats left for you is 3 hots and a cot.....and people say I havent planned this out thoroughly.

Hunt her down and shoot her and whoever she may be sharing the room with right between the eyes. Problem eliminated. All thats left for you is 3 hots and a cot.....and people say I havent planned this out thoroughly.

just kiddin...he prolly didnt know she was hitched, so why punish him for tryin to get some?

seriously..as I sit here posting, drinking beer and actually eating fruit snacks, Ill let you have my unwanted opinion. Give her a little while to herself. I wouldnt give her an all-nighter, just some time to herself. You are going through thte same stuff, so you need your time too.. If all this does not work, then proceed with the hunting down plot.

Here's a great thing to do and it's free. Go to Hallmark.com, send her a really sappy "I miss you" e-card saying only this.

"I can not be happy if you are not happy. You are my love and my life. Let's go to dinner tonight and talk. All I want to do is to know how I can make you happy. I love you."

Why? One of the first things she will do upon arriving back home is check her e-mail. Sending her a sappy card with a sappy msg will turn her attitude 180 immediately.

I am gold.

"Why? One of the first things she will do upon arriving back home is check her e-mail. Sending her a sappy card with a sappy msg will turn her attitude 180 immediately."

So will a right hook to the chin.

Dude,

You're really missing the opportunity here. It's not about NOW. It's about using this situation LATER. Do whatever you have to to make things right. You'll figure it out I'm sure. BUT.....Now you've got a get out of free card. She seems to think it's alright to just bail when things get tough. Well, when you need some time alone, like you meet some ho you want to bang, or whatever, all of a sudden you can say "Hey, I can't handle this right now. I'm going to get a room. Don't bother calling" and she'll not be able to refute that. She did it. You can too. Remember that. Take advantage. :D

So, have you ever actually been with a real woman (not the blow up variety)? You sir, are a class act.

You mean a real real woman, like with a vagina and everything?