Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

***Official "Dancing With The Stars" thread***

This show is just begging for an "official" thread.

Week one analysis:

Joey Fatone was obviously the best dancer. Of course, he danced around onstage for years as a member of N*Sync. That might not be fair.

Muhammed Ali's daughter did surprisingly well, too.

Heather Mills' wooden leg did NOT fly off.

This show is just begging for an "official" thread.

Week one analysis:

Joey Fatone was obviously the best dancer. Of course, he danced around onstage for years as a member of N*Sync. That might not be fair.

Muhammed Ali's daughter did surprisingly well, too.

Yet another show in my wife's ever-growing arsenal of reality shows to watch. I can handle Idol and Survivor, but you have to go and throw Dancing with the Stars into the mix. :thumbsdown:

Last season, every time it would come on, I would quietly retire to my office to log some rare video game time while my wife was occupied. Sadly, I wasn't feeling well last night and didn't feel like vacating the couch.

Observations:

Drexler is unfortunately mispaired with one of the shortest dancers in the field. Even more unfortunately, he's so charming that they'll keep him around a while forcing him to dance one excruciatingly awkward dance after another...

Billy Ray Cyrus is not only a terrible musician, but a terrible dancer to boot. On top of that, the stunt with the mullet didn't work and would have been equally idiotic even if it had...

Ian Zerring is just as boring in reality TV life as he was on 90210. Actually, since I only watched like 2 episodes of that show, I really can't speak to 90210...

The judges clearly stated that they weren't going to change the way they scored Mills' dancing just because she has one leg, then they did just that giving her 6s even though here prosthetic leg was all over the place and she looked like she was going to biff on at least 3 seperate occasions...

Even by Newbie's standards this is a really gay subject. :dunno:

Now, THAT'S saying something!

How did Clyde Drexler ever get the nickname "the glide"? This guy has absolutely no rhythm. He should have been called Clyde "stumble all over the place" Drexler.

Joey Fat One is a decent dancer.

The chick paired with the speed skater is freakin hot!!! :P

How was she received? I imaged her getting boo'd off the stage. :blink:

How was she received? I imaged her getting boo'd off the stage. :cry:

In England, she may have been.

On last night's show, some people were actually giving her a standing ovation when she finished.

They did a little piece on her before she danced. She explained that their are straps that keep the leg on, so anyone hoping it will fly off will be disappointed. They did, however, explain that the problem she may encounter is the fact that she will often step wrong on the leg and it simply won't bear her weight. They even showed her crashing to the ground during rehearsals.

i voted for joey!