Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Damn

Addict's boyfriend just drowned himself in sorrow.... with his own tears!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17774519/site/newsweek/

They published the last letters home from some soldiers in Iraq. Just read Patrick Tainsh's letter and wept like I'd lost my own son.

Hard read. Good read.

No tears shed here. Just pride. Perhaps now the rest of the bleeding hearts on this board will shut their trap when it comes to supporting our troops.

No tears shed here. Just pride. Perhaps now the rest of the bleeding hearts on this board will shut their trap when it comes to supporting our troops.

2 posts to make it a Us/Them polictis pissing contest...congrats! :thumbsup:

2 posts to make it a Us/Them polictis pissing contest...congrats! :thumbsup:

Only two more posts for someone to come in and act like he's above it all when he so obviously is not... Congrats! :banana:

Only two more posts for someone to come in and act like he's above it all when he so obviously is not... Congrats! :banana:

It was 1 more post... :thumbsup:

Should I print it before reading it? I'd hate to break company property in this here monitor.

2 posts to make it a Us/Them polictis pissing contest...congrats! :dunno:

Only one quote needed that mentions "bleeding heart" to bring Snoopy here! :lol:

Thanks for taking the bait. :lol:

What a douche. This isn't political. Did you bother to read any of the letters? I hope you do now.

Good job on making a joke out of this thread, though. Be proud.

They published the last letters home from some soldiers in Iraq. Just read Patrick Tainsh's letter and wept like I'd lost my own son.

Hard read. Good read.

Thanks for posting this, Wiffleball. :thumbsup:

What a douche. This isn't political. Did you bother to read any of the letters? I hope you do now.

Good job on making a joke out of this thread, though. Be proud.

Patrick Tainsh's letter really struck a chord with his use of the word FREEDOM. Whether you're a lefty or a righty, most of us have no idea what it's like to not experience freedom. My parents (as infants) and grandparents were forced to flee after WWII, when Hitler took us over and gave our country away to Stalin (one of my grandfathers lost his life fighting to keep us free). I've heard the stories, and they're as bad as you might think. To have someone from another country come fight for your chance to experience FREEDOM, moreso giving up his own LIFE for that chance....

I won't profess to know what Bush's motives were for going there - to be honest, I've heard more about US politics on this bored the last few months than I did in my previous 34 years combined (your guess is better than mine as to the value of it), so I refrain from making any political commentary about what's going on over there. But the good in me believed (and, perhaps naively, still does) that FREEDOM had/has a role in it. It's good to know that the beliefs of some people over there are validating mine.

[/soliloquy]

No tears shed here.

Of course not. It's people like you who are sending them off to be pointlessly killed. You probably didn't read any, because you're more interested in your Lockheed stock.

These letters make me sick both as a war veteran and an expectant parent. It's focking outrageous. If a soldier is asked to put his life on the line, it had better be a somber decision made for a damn good reason. This guy Jesse Givens knows he may well die and is writing to a son he never got to meet. I got a baby in the oven seven 1/2 months right now. I'm so focking p*ssed these families are destroyed. It's so pointless, so beyond disgusting.

I can't even finish reading the first letter. I stop every three lines seething in blood red rage. I swear, I focking hate George Bush with every fiber or my being for sentencing these people to death in a lost cause. F*ck this war.

Guest Davaco

Hard read. Good read.

it wasnt hard to read for me. in fact after seeing his handwriting, I think hes the zodiac :banana: