Sign in to follow this  
Voice_Of_Reason

Chris Brown could resign with Titans

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...=NFL&id=199

Could still sign with the Bills. But the Titans are now looking to resign Brown

LenWhale McFatty FatPants White showed up to camp @ 260lbs, and I guess, the Titans were... :D then :lol: then :P

I hope the Titans can sign Brown. He doesn't have the durability to be a primary RB; however, his running style would be a good compliment to LenDale.

Also, on a side note, LenDale's weight is being way over-analyzed. He was grossly overweight last offseason at the combine/training camp. But during the season, he got down to about 230 lbs. and looked a little too skinny (I don't know how you look skinny at 230 lbs., but he somehow managed to do it, as odd as that sounds). Ideally, I think LenDale's playing weight should be around 240 lbs. (about Jamal Lewis-size).

Brown-White could make a nice combo. Brown does all the work, LeWhale comes it at the goal-line and short-yardage. Considering they have no WR's, they'll need a good ground game.

Brown-White could make a nice combo. Brown does all the work, LeWhale comes it at the goal-line and short-yardage. Considering they have no WR's, they'll need a good ground game.

Actually, I think LenDale would still get the majority of the work. In general, Fisher likes bruising RBs who can carry the ball approximately 20-25 times a game (i.e. Eddie George, Travis Henry, etc.). Brown would be much better served getting 5-10 carries a game in certain situations, where his speed can make a real difference (without him getting worn down or injured over the course of the year).

Actually, I think LenDale would still get the majority of the work. In general, Fisher likes bruising RBs who can carry the ball approximately 20-25 times a game (i.e. Eddie George, Travis Henry, etc.). Brown would be much better served getting 5-10 carries a game in certain situations, where his speed can make a real difference (without him getting worn down or injured over the course of the year).

what's the word on why the titans let henry go?

what's the word on why the titans let henry go?

$$$

Henry was looking to make it; and Reinfeldt was looking to save it. Actually, Henry & the Titans both thought it would be a good idea for him to test FA waters (indications seem to be that the Titans thought he'd eventually end up re-signing with them).

Personally, I don't mind losing Henry. He had a phenomenal year last season; however, this is a rebuilding team that just drafted a 2nd round (potential 1st round) RB the previous year. Eventually, they were going to have to give LenDale a shot to be the primary ball-carrier.

They do need some depth though, as right now the Titans only have LenDale & FB Ahmard Hall on roster. Reinfeldt has said that they'll eventually sign a veteran RB (maybe now...maybe after June 1st cuts). And they'll probably draft a mid-to-late round, developmental RB too.

$$$

Henry was looking to make it; and Reinfeldt was looking to save it. Actually, Henry & the Titans both thought it would be a good idea for him to test FA waters (indications seem to be that the Titans thought he'd eventually end up re-signing with them).

:lol:

Henry was due a huge roster bonus (something like 8 million, I think). No way the Titans were going to pay that, so they let him go.

$$$

Personally, I don't mind losing Henry. He had a phenomenal year last season; however, this is a rebuilding team that just drafted a 2nd round (potential 1st round) RB the previous year. Eventually, they were going to have to give LenDale a shot to be the primary ball-carrier.

They do need some depth though, as right now the Titans only have LenDale & FB Ahmard Hall on roster. Reinfeldt has said that they'll eventually sign a veteran RB (maybe now...maybe after June 1st cuts). And they'll probably draft a mid-to-late round, developmental RB too.

I don't think they owed Lendale a shot just because he was a second round draft pick. The best player should play from year to year.....Henry was easily their best RB last year and they should have made more of an effort to re-sign him........but from what you guys are saying, maybe he was asking for way too much.

Again, I don't think draft status should equate to any sort of mandate for any player. You put your best players on the field from year to year...period...unless you are totally out of contention for a playoff spot and need to see how some younger players perform in a game situation.

Pretty simple Fantasy Draft Plan for these two. Take the one you get later and see if anything good shakes out.

This will drive you nuts if you pay too much.

Pretty simple Fantasy Draft Plan for these two. Take the one you get later and see if anything good shakes out.

Also known as the Denver theory.

This guy is crap - he know's he is stepping into the limelight this season and how does he prepare? I don't care if he did the same last year and got back into great shape. What this tells me is that his offseason is full of late night munchies from Taco Bell, Sleeping his fat arse til noon, waking up only to be himself in Madden, then being worthless again the next day. I'd like to know what his 40 yard dash is right now. 5.1? I hope Chris Brown does come back and shows this fat piece of terd what the :blink: looks like again this year.

I would love to know what his daily regime was this offseason :thumbsdown:

I don't think they owed Lendale a shot just because he was a second round draft pick.

Yeah. Sometimes you're lucky to still be on the team. Just ask Eric Shelton.

I don't think they owed Lendale a shot just because he was a second round draft pick. The best player should play from year to year.....Henry was easily their best RB last year and they should have made more of an effort to re-sign him........but from what you guys are saying, maybe he was asking for way too much.

Again, I don't think draft status should equate to any sort of mandate for any player. You put your best players on the field from year to year...period...unless you are totally out of contention for a playoff spot and need to see how some younger players perform in a game situation.

Normally, I would agree with you.

However, like I mentioned earlier, this is a young, rebuilding team that needs to discover what some of its highly drafted, unproven players can do. LenDale looked pretty good in limited action last season; and he showed a whole lot of tenacity on the field--which I think impressed his coaches/teammates (for example, during the Giants game when VY got hit late, LenDale was absolutely steaming and it looked like he was going to kill a couple of Giants' players...that kind of fierce willingness to protect your QB/team-leader/franchise-player usually impresses vets and coaches alike).

Plus, as somebody mentioned earlier, Henry was looking for a boat-load of cash.

Given all those factors, I don't blame the Titans for taking a chance on LenDale this season... :first:

However, like I mentioned earlier, this is a young, rebuilding team that needs to discover what some of its highly drafted, unproven players can do. LenDale looked pretty good in limited action last season; and he showed a whole lot of tenacity on the field--which I think impressed his coaches/teammates (for example, during the Giants game when VY got hit late, LenDale was absolutely steaming and it looked like he was going to kill a couple of Giants' players...that kind of fierce willingness to protect your QB/team-leader/franchise-player usually impresses vets and coaches alike).

Given all those factors, I don't blame the Titans for taking a chance on LenDale this season... :first:

I like what you have pointed out in a couple of your staments about tenacity and he did look good a few times when given the rock. I also believe what you do when no one is watching counts huge for your character. Albeit an injury last offseason, what was his excuse this January, February, & March for putting on so much weight? He sat on the couch and didn't do shiet. I know he will get back into shape, and I know the offseason is for physically recovering and being a bum. You would just think, given the opportunity that lays in front of him this upcoming year, he might be willing to go the extra mile. :mad:

Given all those factors, I don't blame the Titans for taking a chance on LenDale this season... :dunno:

You make some good points here. I'm all for giving younger players a chance to see what kind of players they are.....I just don't think draft position should mean jack. If we've learned anything over the years, it's that while getting drafted higher may get you more money, it doesn't always mean you're a top tier player.

I think you have too many homer apologist on this thread. No way should you be pushing the idea of having a guy that can't get his head around being a team player and staying in some type of shape as your starter.

If he can't do it now what is he going to be doing two or three years from now. Maybe working at Krispy Kreme. Anyway I think a guy like this is a cancer on the team. Yes you do have a rebuilding team but you want to rebuild it with quality type guys and with this going on and we all know the other guy who is a problem on this team I think you really have a problem.

Make an example out of one of them or both of them. One is a problem of his criminal activity and the other one from a standpoint of being prepared for the season.

I am not a Titans fan but see the talent on the team if they can get it together. That said I think they take a big step back this year. People will figure out the QB. They need more than ever for the guys around Vince to be as good as possible.

I think you have too many homer apologist on this thread. No way should you be pushing the idea of having a guy that can't get his head around being a team player and staying in some type of shape as your starter.

If he can't do it now what is he going to be doing two or three years from now. Maybe working at Krispy Kreme. Anyway I think a guy like this is a cancer on the team. Yes you do have a rebuilding team but you want to rebuild it with quality type guys and with this going on and we all know the other guy who is a problem on this team I think you really have a problem.

Make an example out of one of them or both of them. One is a problem of his criminal activity and the other one from a standpoint of being prepared for the season.

I am not a Titans fan but see the talent on the team if they can get it together. That said I think they take a big step back this year. People will figure out the QB. They need more than ever for the guys around Vince to be as good as possible.

Some players are more stringent with their offseason conditioning than others. That's not necessarily a sign of a good or bad teammate (i.e. Jerome Bettis was supposedly a great teammate who was notorious for not staying in-shape during the offseason....Terrell Owens is a horrible teammate and he stays in great shape all-year-round, etc.). If LenDale isn't in-shape at the start of the NFL season, THEN it should be a concern. Being overweight 5 months before the season is a non-story (especially considering that he's a bigger RB and has shown a tendency in the past to get in-shape as the season nears).

I agree with you that Pacman should (and will) be suspended.

Most honest Titans' fans will tell you that this team is several years away from being a contender and probably will take a step-back this season (and not because of LenDale's weight). Ignore ESPN pundits who maybe watch 1-3 Titans' games all year and feel that they have a great beat on the trajectory of the team. This team just has WAY too many glaring holes right now--WR, DE, 2 CBs, DT, S, RB-depth, backup QB, maybe MLB, etc.

But...if we have to agree to disagree on LenDale, that's fine...at least it gives us something to talk about during the offseason lull... :clap:

Better draft plan.........stay the fock away from these guys. :clap:

Better draft plan.........stay the fock away from these guys. :clap:

I'm sure a lot of people were overjoyed when Travis Henry produced what he did for his ADP in ff last year. The same goes with VY. You are saying there will be 0 offensive players on the Titans to be taken at a valuable price in ff? I'm not saying there are second rounders here, but to say there are 0 worth a roster spot in your 15 round, 12 teamer?

NICE TRY know nothing about ff cinciman.

This guy is amazing. He has the job lined up to be his, if he kicks arse this year and next, he will be lining himself up for a big payday.

I'm sure a lot of people were overjoyed when Travis Henry produced what he did for his ADP in ff last year. The same goes with VY. You are saying there will be 0 offensive players on the Titans to be taken at a valuable price in ff? I'm not saying there are second rounders here, but to say there are 0 worth a roster spot in your 15 round, 12 teamer?

NICE TRY know nothing about ff cinciman.

not one outside of VY. Lendale and Brown (if he resigns) will get drafted too high. Not good value on either.

They should cut him , top teach him a lesson .

Aniways it s not like he will ever start for a NFL team so cut the clown.

He ought to buy KFC and Krispy Kreme franchises now so he'll have something to do when he's out of the league in 2 years.

One does not put on that much weight without a fried chicken and no exercise regimen.

Do we really know that White was/is 260 lbs? From what I've read, someone just said "he looked like he was about 260 lbs."

Not trying to defend White, just trying to get the facts straight.

not one outside of VY. Lendale and Brown (if he resigns) will get drafted too high. Not good value on either.

If you are saying no one on the team besides will get drafted too high...isn't that good value if they do produce? How is this not good value? I thought you wanted to take a guy in the 10th round or later only for him to surprise you with 7 td's as your bench player?

They should go after Henry, not that he will be available.