Sign in to follow this  
edjr

I hate people that shake hands too hard

This reminded me of something that happened to me here at work a couple of weeks ago. I was heating my lunch in the microwave in the hallway and there was an electrician up on a ladder working in the ceiling. He came down from his ladder, introduced himself to me and extended his hand to shake mine. The problem - he had rubber gloves on, and they were dirty from whatever he was doing up there. I looked at his gloved hand and back at his face and gave him a :dunno: look. To show good faith, however, I shook his hand anyway and to make light of it (but really to send him a message too), I lauged and said, "Now I've got to go wash my hands..."

Him - "Sorry about that." :banana:

He was looking at your cleavage from the ladder. Not sure of the relevance, just thought I'd point it out. :first:

There used to be this plumber that would come straight from work to our 'local'. He had this thing about shaking hands with me. He'd come in straight from work, sweating, dirty The first time I did it (and washed immediately thereafter). He ended up being a pretty cool guy (for a 2 time ex felon). Cool enough that later on, after he shoved out his claw, I was able to say, "dude, you've been up to your tripceps in shiit all day. Nothin personal, but whaddya say we just fist bump" :first:.

..and that became the standing joke between us. Doesn't matter if he was all gussied up and going to a wedding, he'd still throw out the fist bump. Probably one of the better guys I've met over there.

So - If you see a hand that you don't want to shake - throw out the fist bump. :banana:

Not necessarily, unless you go so far as to do the wussy, dainty handshake. Our hands aren't made of glass, you know.

I only do the dianty handshake on elderly women. :first:

Interesting observation... I have two uncles, one now deceased, who are the short but wiry strong types. Both of them do the strongest handshakes of anyone I know.

I bet Gary Player has a mean ass handshake.

you're the one being defensive.

I mentioned buttplugs in reference to shaking hands, and you called me a "f@ggot", multiple times. That's pretty defensive. Then you're set about projecting your admitted faggishness on to me, that's pretty defensive. :first:

The hardest ones are those dudes with the hook.

I mean are you sposed to grab the whole thing and risk impaling you pinky - or just grab it between your thumb and forefinger? Do you grab his wrist and risk pulling off the whole thing? :first:

There is one way to shake hands, Nancy, firm! All the limp wristed stuff is for the ghey!

So - If you see a hand that you don't want to shake - throw out the fist bump. :banana:

:first: I'll remember that.

I bet Gary Player has a mean ass handshake.

I met Gary Player's son at a charity golf event. He was out at one of the holes as the pro who hits a drive and you have the option of taking his. Except he had to hit off of a two foot high tee. He took the easiest swing you ever saw, and the ball went 20 yards past our farthest. And we were all pretty good golfers.

Afterwards he told some interesting stories about his father. I don't recall any about his handshake though. Sorry. :first: