Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

NBA: Somebody bring me up to speed

:dunno: Wha? The regular season's just about over? Oh good, now I can watch the playoffs ("playoffs? playoffs?").

Who's in, who's looking good to take it all? I understand the Rockets are actually a pretty good team. I wouldn't know, the one game I went to I spent the entire time drinking free beer in the skybox. So, ballers, what up in da ThugLeague?

Here's the 4-1-1: Nappy headed pimps are runnin' da bidness. ;)

;) Wha? The regular season's just about over? Oh good, now I can watch the playoffs ("playoffs? playoffs?").

Who's in, who's looking good to take it all? I understand the Rockets are actually a pretty good team. I wouldn't know, the one game I went to I spent the entire time drinking free beer in the skybox. So, ballers, what up in da ThugLeague?

Dallas is the clear favorite to win it all.

Phoenix and SA are only slightly behind

Houston is probably the least talked about team with a shot at the title.

Denver deserves mention as they've been playing very good the last few weeks but they're gonna have a tough time just getting past the first round.

Noone else in the West has a chance.

Detroit is the favorite to come out of the East.

Chicago looks pretty damn good.

Toronto is playing well and could make the conf. finals but I don't think they make it out of the East.

If Miami can start playing as they did in the playoffs last year they're the "houston" of the East. However, I don't think Wade will be 100% until next season so I don't think Miami is in the mix for the title.

Noone else in the East has a chance.

Denver deserves mention as they've been playing very good the last few weeks but they're gonna have a tough time just getting past the first round.

Toronto is playing well and could make the conf. finals but I don't think they make it out of the East.

If Miami can start playing as they did in the playoffs last year they're the "houston" of the East. However, I don't think Wade will be 100% until next season so I don't think Miami is in the mix for the title.

Excellent analysis. Concise, to the point. Excellent. ;)

I'm rooting for the team with the most white guys. I love an underdog.

Just kidding - I'm a San Antonio / Rockets kinda guy.

Mavs-Warriors will probably be one of the best first round matchups.

If it works out to a Suns-Nuggets series, that should also be a high scoring affair.

If you like a grind it out, d-heavy game, jazz-rockets will be your cup of tea.

I don't follow the east as much, but right now i like Chicago. They have too many players that can kill you. Ben Gordon is a monster in the 4th quarter. The interior is their only weakness, but not many teams can exploit that in the east. Cavs always start by pounding it inside with big Z but they abandon it.

It totally depends on health for the heat. Right now, zo can hardly play, wade is recovering, GP is out, so they have some problems.

Out of the west, i see the spurs coming out. I'm biased because i'm a spurs fan but i can be a realist and still think they come out because you can make an argument for any of the big 3, and even the jazz or rockets.

In the east, i think Heat, Bulls, and pistons are the only contenders. Cavs in crunch time are horrible. Wizards are giong nowhere without agent zero. Raps are too young and inexperienced. Even though i like the bulls, i think ima have to go with the pistons.

Spurs over pistons in 7.

Out of the East definitely the Pistons. ABC knows this as they always have to include them in a Eastern conference matchup. Out of the West, I'm not going out on a limb. The Mavericks seem like they're ready to go the distance.

Good summary, although I'd add Utah in the West. Any of those could win a series, but only the Mavs, Suns, and Spurs have a shot of coming out of there. I heard a radio analyst say recently that the Spurs are confident they could beat the Suns, the same for the Suns vs. Mavs, and the same for the Mavs vs. Spurs. Seeing their performances against each other this year, that is an interesting observation. If you like the NBA at all there should be some high drama in the West.

As for the East... sorry, with Wade not at full strength, it is Detroit and a bunch of pretenders. Chicago and Toronto are good young teams but they are not ready to beat Detroit in a series. Washington of course is toast; who lucks into a first round matchup with them?

I've got season tix to the Suns so unless I'm on biz travel, I'll be going to most of the playoff games. :mad: