Sign in to follow this  
Ravens 03

So when the sx-Duke lacrosse players sue Nyfong ....

14 members have voted

1. 1. How much?

• $1
    • $1 million
    • $10 million
    • $25 million
    • $50 million
    • $100 million
    • $250 million
    • $500 million
    • $1 billion

... how much will they sue for in total?

:banana:

Can they even sue him at all? He was the District Attorney for a government agency, it's not like this is the first person that was falsely accused by an overzealous D.A.. As much as I think the guy is a scumbag, and was a media whoore, it would set a bad precedent.

I think they should sue Jesse Jackson's stupid asss. :banana:

Can they even sue him at all? He was the District Attorney for a government agency, it's not like this is the first person that was falsely accused by an overzealous D.A.. As much as I think the guy is a scumbag, and was a media whoore, it would set a bad precedent.

The standard to sue a District Attorney is pretty high. However if he is disbarred for this specific case I would have to assume that would open him up to being sued.

I honestly would have no problem with those guys suing that POS Nyfong and the county for over $100 million. In my opinion they deserve every penny they get after going through that sh1t.

The problem is that even if it becomes a viable option to sue him he is a DA and only makes about 100 grand a year. At most if he sells everything he has including his house he would only be able to come up with MAYBE 300,000 to 500,000 bucks. Thats a nice chunk except the fact that it is reported that they spent between 3 and 5 mill to defend these kids.

The better course of action is to sue the city, county and state for 100 million.

I think they should sue Jesse Jackson's stupid asss. :doublethumbsup:

And make Sharpton lick it clean afterwards.

Can they even sue him at all?

no

I wonder if they can only (legitimately) sue for damages which occurred based on the things he said and did which are regarded as falling outside the realm of prosecutorial immunity, or whether the DA's stepping over the line opens up the possibility of suing based on things the DA said and did which normally do fall under prosecutorial immunity.

In other words, does the prosecutorial immunity umbrella fall apart because of Nylong's actions or does it still cover a lot of what he did, and hence the damages caused by a lot of what he did?

no

It sounds to me that depending on the outcome of the ethics case they may be able to.

"Although Nifong is entitled to prosecutorial immunity - which would not shield him from charges of misconduct if lawyers prove his involvement in the police investigation - the accused players could potentially sue the district attorney for damages, Banzhaf said.

Prosecutorial immunity protects Nifong within the confines of the courtroom, but statements he made to the media, his alleged involvement with the police lineup and his withholding of exculpatory evidence could all be grounds for a lawsuit, Banzhaf added. "

I think they should sue Jesse Jackson's stupid asss. :dunno:

Yeah, there must have been some slander involved in his ramblings. :banana: