Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

***Lost***

If the strike extends into the new year, there is a slight chance ABC may opt to hold the eight completed episodes until 2009 (that's not a typo). Under that scenario, Lost would have 24 original episodes (eight from this season, 16 from next) that could run uninterrupted from January until May — much like a certain Fox drama that features a ticking clock. Says Lost cocreator Carlton Cuse, "Damon [Lindelof] and my concern about running the episodes we will have made is that it will feel a little like reading half a Harry Potter novel, then having to put it down. There is a mini cliff-hanger at the end of Episode 8, but it's like the end of an exciting book chapter; it's not the end of the novel. Damon and I didn't write [the ending of Episode 8] differently [with the looming strike in mind]. We wrote it to be the ending of Episode 8." In any case, he concedes that the decision to hold or air the episodes isn't ultimately theirs. "It's really [ABC honcho Steve MacPherson's] call," Cuse notes, adding, "No one was happy with the six-episode run last season."

You're shooting 407 so that means you're seven episodes into the fourth season?

Yes, there are seven shows I know about that you don't know.

Can you tell me anything about those seven episodes?

Everything is sort of shot out of sequence, so it's all a bit of a blur to me…what can I say about it…I can say it's been really violent. It has been a lot of action. I have spent most of my working days covered in blood and wounds. And there's been a lot more, for my character, a lot more outdoor shooting. We have been shooting in the jungle. Days and nights in the jungle. Artificial rain and many beatings and a lot of gunplay and stuff. It has taken some dark turns. And we have a mess of new characters that I think the audience will be intrigued by.

Can you give us any hints about these new characters?

I can say they are characters that are ambiguous.

Of course.

Some of them have extraordinary powers, and some of them are very dangerous. And also I can say that the new thing that was introduced in the finale of last season is that some of the story is now told in the future.

So we're going to get more future episodes?

Yeah. Now the show is going to dance around. Now the show has three places: present, past, and now future. I think that's really intriguing. I was flabbergasted when I saw the finale because those scenes between Jack and Kate were kept secret from even us. I didn't know about those scenes until it was broadcast. I thought, 'Yes, of course! It's brilliant. It's really brilliant.' It was so poignant. I thought, 'Oh my God, some of them survive but not happily.' I thought, 'That's so grown-up.' And now this is where the writers can make comments about the celebrity culture and tell the truth about some of your greatest challenges are only the beginning of your challenges…and now some people are going to have to cope with loss. Big, big losses. And changes in their lives.

This new season in 08 is only gonna have 8 episodes?!? What the fock is that sh1t?

There are only eight written, but there is a writer's strike.

You lyin' banananana boy. You said you deleted this here thread. I take it back - you DO fool around fool.

Who are those quotes from (2 posts above - blacked out?)

You lyin' banananana boy. You said you deleted this here thread. I take it back - you DO fool around fool.

I was horrified. Fortunatly, he only put three bullets in the sand.

I lie and your breath stanks. :doublethumbsup:

my breath smells like you cack.

Who is the quote from ?

John Locke

The press meeting with part of the LOST cast to introduce its fourth season is as mysterious as the successful show. We are in a room in Disney's studios at Burbank, and no one among the hundred journalist arrived from all around the world knows who will come. It is said that Evangeline Lilly (Kate). Or maybe Josh Holloway (Sawyer). Even Naveen Andrews might appear. "Impossible", says someone who has been coming to these events for years. The actor who plays the tormented Sayid has never attended one of these meetings. But, surprise!, suddenly, Andrews enters the room. "I came to a Sex Pistols concert and took advantage of the chance of doing this", he says, in a very good mood.

The amazement doesn't end with him. There is also Harold Perrineau, Michael, a character that didn't appear in the whole third season and that the day after this meeting will begin shooting in Hawaii his first comeback episode. "Last Friday I finished shooting a movie, the next day I took a plane to come here, and last night I was given a script I plan to read in the plane to Hawai, so I have absolutely no idea about what is going to happen", he says.

Perrineau attitude is a reminder of how some things never change. The inscrutability is the norm while dealing with LOST. However, actors let out some things. Before, a warning: those who follow the third season through Canal 13 and haven't finished watching it, are advised to not read further.

Elizabeth Mitchell, the blond and enigmatic Juliet in the show, says: "There are still lots of people left to die. There are many deaths... people exploding and things like that". She also tells an anecdote that deepens the mistery: "Yesterday I was reading the script of the episode that comes after the one dedicated to my character. I cried a lot, because I learned something that I didn't like finding out about".

Fourth season of LOST will be shorter: only 16 episodes instead the more than 20 of a conventional one. Depending of the duration of the writers strike, the intention is airing it without reruns. Every week, a new episode broadcasted.

Perrineau says: "When I left the show, the idea was always that my character would come back. And I was told as well that he would be very different. How different? "I don't know, that's my point. I am told he is going to be different, but nothing else" he adds, laughing.

About his role, the son of Chilean Jorge Garcia (Hurley in the show) points out: "He still doesn't know that Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) has died, so he will have to deal with that loss. I think the relationship between Charlie and Hurley was the most solid one in the show. It won't be easy for him". Garcia states that he is interested in coming to Chile, but adds that it will depend of the representatives of the studio coordinating the possibility. "I also would love to go when there is good weather".

Those who watched the third season finale through cable or in DVD, found out the new modality: now, moments of the future are also shown, when the survivors have already left the island. Can we assume that this will be done again? "You can assume whatever you want to", says Andrews. "But, yes... yes, that could happen", he adds, turning into the most secretive of the guests.

Elizabet Mitchell goes a little further: "There will be more looks into the future, but that won't be find out until the end of the episode. We will also see that some survivors are dead in the future". The actress adds: "A big difference between last season and the new one is that now we are going to see more group interaction. There won't be episodes in which you don't see a character. That has given me the chance to work with almost everyone".

There will be new faces too. With their roles still unknown, Jeff Fahey, Jeremy Davies, Rebecca Mader, Ken Leung and Lance Reddick have joined the cast.

Missing Pieces

* Horace Goodspeed and Olivia are important to the DHARMA story, and we can expect to see more of them in the future.

* Richard Alpert was conceived as the "Panchen Lama" of the Others. (That would make Ben the "Dalai Lama.") Alpert's role is to pick the next Dalai. Ben's role would be to pick the next Panchen, should the need arise. This keeps the two in a sort of balanced power relationship. They are allies, yet they have some measure of control over the other should one get out of hand.

* Ben uses the volcanic ash circle to contain Jacob. Jacob also has the means to control Ben to an extent.

* Speaking of volcanoes, there is one on the island. Damon says it will be of "seismic importance" (pun very much intended.)

* The Looking Glass Station is a communications station. Its role is to emit the ping that guides the submarine to the island.

* The DHARMA purge was not the first purge by the Others. There have been many groups on the island, and the Others have purged many times before. Remnants of all the groups make up the Others we see today. Damon likens this to the United States, which is a nation of immigrants from many cultures who have assimilated into a common culture.

* Ben set Locke up to kill Cooper as a test...he was certain Locke would fail as he has not shown himself to be capable of murder. There is probably no great mythological reason for killing one's father; Alpert helps Locke find a way to kill Cooper because it is the only way to break Ben's manipulation.

* Damon suggests that Ben's penchant for numbering his rabbits "probably has something to do with fertility experiments."

* Room 23 is located on the Hydra island, which is designated for zoological experiments. Has it only been used on humans, or was it previously used on other animals? And if so, what animals? (Calling all Joop fans!)

* Annie is an extremely important part of the island's backstory, and it is a planned chapter to come. Annie is more important than the Goodspeeds or the volcano.

* The mechanism for the purge at the Barracks was different from the mechanism Ben uses in the van (the canister of gas). The gas canister was added in post-production to give Ben a more active role in his father's death. But the original plan was for something to happen more or less island wide at 4 PM.

* We have not seen Ben's motivation for his role in the purge, but we will.

??????????????

That was season 2 and just one "?" was used although it is typically reffered to as "Question Mark". Lot of Eko in that one. :unsure:

Lost masterminds Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse have been dropping hints about how the show will end next spring.

Among the mysteries unravelled in the very last episode will be the significance of

the four-toed statue, what the Smoke Monster really is and who the skeletons in the cave were.

(We reckon

Egyptian fertility goddess Taweret, conscience and Penny & Desmond

respectively, for what it’s worth!)

Says Cuse: “The end of the show will be a combination of trying to answer mysteries the audience still cares about,

such as the statue and the Smoke Monster.

“We’ll also be answering the

skeletons in the cave

question. We will answer the questions we feel are important and central to the plot.

“At the same time we will be trying to tell

redemption

stories about the

characters

. These

characters

do indeed have a

destiny

qoute from season 1

Charlie says "no offense Jack, but if I had to choose one person to save us all it would be John Locke"

the message given by Illana to Richard ... what lies in the shadow of the statue? Richards answer -- HE WHO WILL SAVE US ALL. Where is John Locke at this very moment? Laying in the shadow of the statue.

all coincidence -- maybe.

Think - why would it be Jacob? Is Jacob the most vain person on the planet to make the signal to know your on the same side to mean you will save them all ?

I've shut my mind down on the show. I need to rewatch all the episodes from the beginning, and try to crate a comprehensive show theory. Which would be by the end of the summer or so.

I finally realized I'm burned out on theory, speculation, and character bashing.

qoute from season 1

the message given by Illana to Richard ... what lies in the shadow of the statue? Richards answer -- HE WHO WILL SAVE US ALL. Where is John Locke at this very moment? Laying in the shadow of the statue.

all coincidence -- maybe.

Think - why would it be Jacob? Is Jacob the most vain person on the planet to make the signal to know your on the same side to mean you will save them all ?

He's also the only one lying there.

I've shut my mind down on the show. I need to rewatch all the episodes from the beginning, and try to crate a comprehensive show theory. Which would be by the end of the summer or so.

I finally realized I'm burned out on theory, speculation, and character bashing.

Now you totally suck. Your write ups were your one redeeming quality.

Now you totally suck. Your write ups were your one redeeming quality.

:dunno: