Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

***Lost***

Seriously, who is the person in the casket? I think it's Locke, and nobody would show up because they all hate him for shooting Naomi and trying to keep him on the island.

I think that Kate is talking about going back to Sawyer, as it seems like those 2 would be going in that direction. The writers were setting it up so that Jack and Juliet would be getting together.

Also, I have no focking clue what's going on or where next season will go.

I do not think it was Loche that died. I do not think Loche will leave the island, and either will Ben. I think some go back and we never see them again (Claire, Sun? etc.) If the choppers take the people at the station home right away, Jin, Siead, Hurley, Sawyer and Desmond may not get off the island. The rescuers may say that they will send the chopper back for them but it does not happen. Loche and Ben will also stay IMO. I am guessing that next season Jack , Kate, and some others are back home and may be trying to get back if we ever see them again.

That was one of the best finales I have ever seen, especially w/ the flash forward.

When Charlie types in the code why does is go straight to penolpie?

I wondered that as well.

Where did Tom go? It's not liek they couldn't catch his fat @ss

Sawyer shot him in the chest point blank. Did you miss that?

Sawyer shot him in the chest point blank. Did you miss that?

Oh yeah, I'm kindda drunk

Also why did Charlie close the door? That bay was huge he had plenty of time to escape.

He had to die, or he'd risk changing the future, the future that Claire would get rescued.

judging by the size of the casket i'd say it wasn't hugo who passed. my money is on sawyer.

judging by the size of the casket i'd say it wasn't hugo who passed. my money is on sawyer.

If it was Sawyer that died, then why did nobody go to the viewing? He helped out a lot on the island towards the end and people really started liking him. Also, who would Kate be trying to get home to if not Sawyer? :dunno:

OK, here's what the writers want us to buy tonight:

* Jack's LA scenes were a flash FORWARD and he becomes a bearded, shambling, drug-addicted, suicide prone drunk who can't shake his savior fixation, wishes he were back on The Island and doesn't give a sh!t about anything else. Unless they spin tonight's episode into one of Desmond's day dreams; I guess whatever happens to him over the next three seasons doesn't make any difference. Kate too, for that matter.

* A day after Locke gets shot in the mid-section, falls into an open grave, can't move his legs again and is prepared to blow his brains out; "WALT!" shows up in a vision and convinces him to pull it together, walk 5 miles to the top of the island and kill Naomi.

* Hurley drives a 30 year old VW Microbus that initially needed 4 guys to jump start from the plains to the beach through the jungle without any help, roads or being heard to run over Brian; then Sawyer can't think of any better reason to kill Tom except he kidnapped "WALT!" Oh, he didn't mind being terrorized, shot at, blown up, nearly drowning, kidnapped, blindfolded, forced to dig rocks, beaten repeatedly, shoved into a cage, living on fish biscuits and killing Locke's father. What really chafed Sawyer's ass was a guy he barely knew's kid that he didn't particularly care for being abducted.

* Mikhail can get shot with a spear gun (dude is having one bad month) yet still procure a hand grenade, escape The Looking Glass undetected, swim outside and blow Charlie's hatch up. Charlie has such composure as he's about to die that he remembers his Sharpie and scrawls a warning to Desmond. And he knew exactly which portion of Good Vibrations to enter on the keypad in one take as well as which keys correlated with a specific note.

* Rousseau would have fvcked Ben.

* The survivors of Oceanic 815 certainly appear to have destroyed or killed enough dwellings, objects and existing inhabitants of The Island; yet they're widely portrayed as victims who are just defending themselves. And quite frequently when one of them is presumed to be dead, except Charlie (yeah!); The Others didn't really harm them at all.

* They really need to establish when Ben is lying or telling the truth; it's annoying. He'd kidnap and brainwash her boyfriend to keep his daughter from getting pregnant; but is ready to turn her over to the people he wants dead because she betrayed him.

* The three men entrusted to defend the beach are a professional soldier, Korean hit man and a pvssy DENTIST? who would give up his entire troop to avoid getting hurt. Sayid took several shots to the face and Jin was prepared to die; but Bernard rolled over like a $5 wh0re.

* Penny has a 24/7 link to Dharma's communication system and just happen to be sitting at the radio the instant Charlie busted the signal jam.

* Juliette leads Sawyer back to the beach by promising guns due to Karma.

This season of Lost couldn't have ended soon enough; I hope ABC keeps losing ratings and it gets canceled before the next three seasons are over. One thing I won't be doing for the next five months is looking forward to Season 4; because they'll just heap more sh!t onto the questions pile before any logical answers are revealed.

* Jack's LA scenes were a flash FORWARD and he becomes a bearded, shambling, drug-addicted, suicide prone drunk who can't shake his savior fixation, wishes he were back on The Island and doesn't give a sh!t about anything else. Unless they spin tonight's episode into one of Desmond's day dreams; I guess whatever happens to him over the next three seasons doesn't make any difference. Kate too, for that matter.

* A day after Locke gets shot in the mid-section, falls into an open grave, can't move his legs again and is prepared to blow his brains out; "WALT!" shows up in a vision and convinces him to pull it together, walk 5 miles to the top of the island and kill Naomi.

* Hurley drives a 30 year old VW Microbus that initially needed 4 guys to jump start from the plains to the beach through the jungle without any help, roads or being heard to run over Brian; then Sawyer can't think of any better reason to kill Tom except he kidnapped "WALT!"

* Mikhail can get shot with a spear gun (dude is having one bad month) yet still procure a hand grenade, escape The Looking Glass undetected, swim outside and blow Charlie's hatch up. Charlie has such composure as he's about to die that he remembers his Sharpie and scrawls a warning to Desmond. And he knew exactly which portion of Good Vibrations to enter on the keypad in one take as well as which keys correlated with a specific note.

* The survivors of Oceanic 815 certainly appear to have destroyed or killed enough dwellings, objects and existing inhabitants of The Island; yet they're widely portrayed as victims who are just defending themselves. And quite frequently when one of them is presumed to be dead, except Charlie (yeah!); The Others didn't really harm them at all.

* They really need to establish when Ben is lying or telling the truth; it's annoying. He'd kidnap and brainwash her boyfriend to keep his daughter from getting pregnant; but is ready to turn her over to the people he wants dead because she betrayed him.

* The three men entrusted to defend the beach are a professional soldier, Korean hit man and a pvssy DENTIST? who would give up his entire troop to avoid getting hurt. Sayid took several shots to the face and Jin was prepared to die; but Bernard rolled over like a $5 wh0re.

* Penny has a 24/7 link to Dharma's communication system and just happen to be sitting at the radio the instant Charlie busted the signal jam.

This season of Lost couldn't have ended soon enough; I hope ABC keeps losing ratings and it gets canceled before the next three seasons are over. One thing I won't be doing for the next five months is looking forward to Season 4; because they'll just heap more sh!t onto the questions pile before any logical answers are revealed.

:dunno:

4th season likley senerio to occur

The Losties that WANT to be recued are ( Jack , Kate , Sawyer , Julliette , Jun and HUbby , Claire ) Others like LOcke - is able to walk on Island , Mixed couple - is healthy on Island , Others wanna be there anyway, Hugo isn't a jinx on Island .

Locke takes control of the people who stay ( Lostie / other ) who end up fighting against the people who controlled the feghter ( Dharma ).

Season revolves around 2 basic things

1. Jacks quest to get back to the Island

2. The poeple that are on the Islands battle against the frieghter folk.

4th season likley senerio to occur

The Losties that WANT to be recued are ( Jack , Kate , Sawyer , Julliette , Jun and HUbby , Claire ) Others like LOcke - is able to walk on Island , Mixed couple - is healthy on Island , Others wanna be there anyway, Hugo isn't a jinx on Island .

Locke takes control of the people who stay ( Lostie / other ) who end up fighting against the people who controlled the feghter ( Dharma ).

Season revolves around 2 basic things

1. Jacks quest to get back to the Island

2. The poeple that are on the Islands battle against the frieghter folk.

I think that they won't harp on Jack's flashback for at least the first half of next season, if at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have anymore future "flashbacks" for the next season.

Things I noticed (most have been mentioned):

- Jack's reference to getting his father down there despite the scenes appearing to be a flash-forward

- Kate's mention of "him" but no name. My theory is Sawyer but that seems too simple especially for this show.

- Mikhail never dying. Sure it was only a spear to the chest but he has amazing resiliency. Perhaps he, like Richard, will turn out to be an original inhabitant?

- The overhead view of Jack at the casket made it appear the casket wasn't a full-sized on, suggesting maybe it wasn't an adult in there? One thing here, adult or shild, how does no one show up at a viewing? Someone had to make the arrangements and all just so a viewing occurs so how is it no one was there?

- There were looks here and there that at the time made me think something was afoot however now I don't remember exactly where and unlike phillybear I didn't take any notes.

- Still unsure why Locke allowed Jack to go through wth the phone call despite the presistent warnings and all he has done for the spirit of the island up until now. Also, where did he walk off to while Jack was on the phone?

I am sure there were more things but nothing is popping into mind now. When Jack arranged the meeting at the airport I knew it was going to be someone unexpected (it was set up to make us think his ex) and even possibly someone from the island but I certainly didn't think the scene was a flash-forward. What a mindfock that turned things into. Lends creedence to the time theory but again, just when you think you're onto them the writers snap you around in a totally different direction.

ETA- One thing about Kate, if they were back in the real world, how is it that she's out and about and not in jail. I mean she was on her way back to the US in the custody of a US Marshall for the murder of her step-father, so was the flash so far forward that her jail time had been served? Was all forgiven in light of the trauma she had suffered? Was her step-father (possibly as we were led to believe with Jack's father also) no longer deceased (and thus perhaps it was him she was referring to who would be wondering where she was?) Also, Kate cleaned up nicely off-island (not that she looks bad on the island.)

I was honestly looking at the screen with my jaw dropped during that ending. I have no idea what to think of it. Honestly, if anything, anger i guess. I mean, they just gave us about ten million more questions with that ending scene. Like...

Was that really a flash foward??? You never know with that time theory out there. Also, they basically revealed the ending of the entire series, i guess that is why if anything i am feeling mad. Unless that is next season, and it's Jack and maybe others trying to get back to the island, highly unlikely though.

Kate was deffinently going back to someone who knew something about the island. Because she didn't want to "him" to find out that she was talking to Jack, and for some reason, that person obviously don't want her talking to Jack for whatever reason. Maybe Ben :thumbsdown: Now that would be nuts, or Locke, i wouldn't think Sawyer would be like that.

Prior to the ending, deffinently the best episode ever, IMO. Tons of action and crazy stuff going on. I knew Jack's boring flashback would lead to something insane, i mean, you knew that person meeting him would be someone that would blow our minds, i was actually thinking Penny or someone. At first though, i was thinking JAck and Kate knew each other before the crazy, then he started talking about trying to crash.

Also, Penny had coordinates to the electromagnetic disturbance that is the island. Like she said with money and DETERMINATION you can find anyone, so, yes i am guessing she was trying to get a signal almost 24/7.

Also, ummm, the whole Naomi deal is a whole other box of crazy. She had a picture of Desmond and Penny, she knew Desmond from sight, i mean, she even knew about Penny and Desmond, i mean, that is a mindblow in itself.

Hurly is the man, nuff said.

Jack is dumb. Straight up, he may be a spinal surgeon, he may knew a lot about medical stuff, but, he is stupid at least when it comes to the island. Tell me this, how the hell, after all they went through, is he and Kate not screwing 5x a day??? Not only that, they can't see each other or anything, what happened there???

Was that Jack's real ex wife, or was that Juliet just looking different?? It really look very little like Juliet, so, i doubt it, but, i forgot what his ex looks like.

It is official at least, Ben's reign of terror is over, the others are no more and now i am guessing the bad guys will be Dharma. If the freightor is Dharma, obviously Jack's flash-foward is for way ahead in the series since there will be no rescue.

Also, Jack's dad is dead. When he forged his dad's signature to get the perscription, and the chick tried to call the office, he freaked out and said no one was there. When he said his dad would be drunker than he is, i am guessing that was just a drug and drunk comment.

Dude, there is no way i can wait many months for season 4. I will say though, i have never gotten into a show like this before, if i hadn't watch this show from the begining, i would probably say what every who hates to show or don't watch the show is saying. I have never been addicted to anything before, but this show has a crazy hold on my brain.

What sucks worse is i will be in college for really all of season 4, i will devise a plan to watch them though. I really don't want to wait for the DVD to come out and have to wait over a year to see season 4.

Anyone else think season 3 was tremendous?? I mean, it got irritating at times in the begining, but, ever since the break got ever, every episode has been solid at least. The finale just put the icing on the cake, that may have been the best episode i have seen on any TV show ever.....

Random thoughts:

-Whomever was in the casket was someone neither Jack nor Kate liked ("Friend or family? Neither." "Why would I go?"), but the person dying almost drove Jack to suicide. Why would you be so upset over someone you didn't like?

-"I'm tired of lying". What are he and Kate lying about?

-"We weren't supposed to leave" I'm guessing them coming back from the island has screwed the 'time continum' up?

-Clip of the article Jack ripped out: Looks like it's Jo....

John Locke?

:thumbsdown:

I need a day to digest this episode. Not a lot answered though...kinda mad about that.

Landry, good call on the time continuum though. I was thinking that they didn't screw it up, they only returned to reality a few years AGO. So they can correct all their mistakes. As in Jack wouldn't snitch on his Dad, that wouldn't cause the Dad to go to Australia and die. Kate didn't blow up her step dad, therefore she is not in trouble.

Holy focking sh¡t Sayid breaking that dude's neck was the highlight of my tv watching career.

Holy focking sh¡t Sayid breaking that dude's neck was the highlight of my tv watching career.

Mine was when Jack Bauer bit off a piece of the dude's neck, killing him.

Check this out, though, guys. I think Jack actually ends up back in the past somehow. Notice how Kate isn't a fugitive and stuff?

Also, one eyed focker just won't stay dead, and Naomi isn't with Penny.

He better be dead this time. A grenade blew up in his face.

John Locke?

Good one. Maybe it's Jacob!!!

Landry, good call on the time continuum though. I was thinking that they didn't screw it up, they only returned to reality a few years AGO. So they can correct all their mistakes. As in Jack wouldn't snitch on his Dad, that wouldn't cause the Dad to go to Australia and die. Kate didn't blow up her step dad, therefore she is not in trouble.

Ah ha! And maybe they did. Kate is back with her first boyfriend (that's the 'he') and that's why she's not in jail because she never torched her Mom's boyfriend. Jack is all messed up because he had another chance to fix things, but his Dad is still a drunk fock up and his wife still left him. And that's what they are lying about. They can't tell anyone that they've come "from the future". And the guy in the coffin upsets Jack so much because it was one of the people from the island that had a second chance at life and still wound up dead...

And that means Hurley is in the casket because he didn't play the lottery this time around and thus no money for a big funeral. Of course, why wouldn't his mommy go to the viewing? :thumbsdown:

I think you guys figured this thing out.

Random thoughts:

*Someone mentioned 'was it a flash forward or a flash back?' b/c of the 'call my dad' line.

One thing nobody's mentioned yet that has me pretty sure it's a flash forward: When He/Kate meet he says 'I've been flying...you know using that 'golden pass' they gave each of us'.

Like Oceanic gave all the survivors unlimited flight privileges after they were rescued.

Think Kate saying back to 'Him' is meant by the writers to do just what it's doing here in this thread: having viewers guessing as to who 'Him' is. Wouldn' t read much into it more than that.

Re: the time continum thing, i.e. Kate being free and Jack's reference to his dad...it does make sense, not just logistically for the show, but on a 'poetic' level too:

The original idea for the show was 'folks crash, stranded on island. They're lost and want to get back home.' After all, in any movie/tv show/etc. when folks are lost/stranded the obvious thing is to 'want to get home'.

But look at the lives of the key players back home: Kate going to jail, Jack has nobody/nothing, Sawyer on the run, Locke crippled, Hurley's cursed, etc.

ALL their lives SUCKED at home.

So, the twist is...in the big scheme of things are they BETTER of ON the island?

Hints to it in this episode: 'Ben asking Jack what he has to go back to', Jack NEEDING to get everyone home, even letting Ben's men kill his friends (so he honestly thought) rather than stop trying to get everyone rescued (any OTHER time Jack has been put in position of 'give in or someone dies' Jack has always given in). Sayid 'I'm willing to give my life to get our people home.'

So, know Jack/Kate/??? are home:

If Time Thing is true

...they even had a chance to change the bad things: Kate didn't kill stepdad, Jack made up with his dad and that make up gave his dad 'new lease on life' and he lived...but even with that are their lives better? If Jack's life is precursor then NO.

If Time Thing is NOT true

...Jack's life still sucks and again if precursor to the others...are any of their lives better by getting home?

Has that irony of 'are you better of lost or home?' and the poetry of 'be careful what you wish for...you just may get it'.

So, further twist to next year...the scenes of 'home' are the REAL SCENES as we find out what's going with the characters lives now that they're home'. then scenes of island are the FLASHBACK scenes as we find out how they got off, who got off, who stayed, etc.

*Knew we were going to see Walt and another nod to the Time Thing with him being older than 90days (and good catch on that V4E).

*Charlie dying was coming for awhile IMO...his story aside from nursemaid to Claire's baby was non-existence and boring for awhile till they rekindled interest in him with the Desmond Death Visions. So the writers make him just interesting enough again so people care a bit when he does die...plus at least they made it a noble death that he took on bravely.

*QUESTION HERE:

So where does series go next year? I speculate above that the flashback/real time scenes will reverse but beyond that: Did everyone go home? Would be pretty hard to have EVERYONE back home or even say 8 or so key players as the back stories would be too much.

Or would they split up some who stayed, some who left? Don't like that much either as that would convolute things even more.

In both cases, lets remember this is a tv show and if gets more convoluted BIG potential to lose some audience, lose money, get cancelled...so don't like either scenarios.

But this is Lost...so ANYTHING'S possible.

My guess would be that it is a Time Thing with all that 'be careful what you wish for?' crap attached.

But only a few made it back for whatever reason (that's a nice 3-4 episodes dealing with that alone)....who besides Jack/Kate I'd have to think about. So most are dealing with life on the island with Others still around but not organized...also dealing with who is their leader with Jack gone...etc. Meanwhile Jack works to convince Kate/1 or 2 others that they need to go back, by Feb Sweeps he convinces them, then rest of season is them getting back to island.

Biggest question for me was, why the fock didn't charlie and desmond just bounce. I mean, the only thing i could think of was that it would flood the station and it would sink faster than they could get out. But even then, if they had just put on the gear first, who cares if it flooded.

Crazy situation with the flash forward. The ending was good i thought. I mean, with most cliff hangers, the show ends in the middle of a dramatic situation. Like if it had ended before the phone was answered. You're only questions would be, did he end the call, did he let it ring, and if he let it ring did locke shoot him. But with this ending, its like a foooooock?! I really haven't seen an ending like that before. You have no idea what to expect now.

I'm kind of indifferent towards jack. I wanna root for him and at first i did. I kept thinkin, man, if he can put it together he could become a bad ass. After a while, i figured he was always gonna be a conflicted character and he'll give you hope, then disappoint you, give you hope, etc. But i definitely didn't wanna see jack in shambles like that. But yea when he made that call and he was parked, for a second i thought it was gonna be the asian chick. Maybe it was just wishful thinking because i think she was hot but that didn't happen.

I think the two biggest questions i have are, what happened with locke in between the scene with walt and him killin naomi. And the other question, which is related, is what happened when desmond made it back to shore.

I'm trippin out about the whole flash forward thing but i don't think thats a "pressing" question. Its good to know that they do eventually get off the island, but now i wanna go back to the island.

EDIT

I don't believe the whole, they're back in time and have a second chance. They wouldn't have that golden ticket. Everyone knows about the crash and all that other stuff. That can't be the big secret.

when it was a "flashback" I was questioning the Motorola Razr Jack was using VS the timing.

I KNEW it was going to be Kate meeting Jack at the airport (still thought it was a flashBACK)

Random thoughts:

-Whomever was in the casket was someone neither Jack nor Kate liked ("Friend or family? Neither." "Why would I go?"), but the person dying almost drove Jack to suicide. Why would you be so upset over someone you didn't like?

-"We weren't supposed to leave" I'm guessing them coming back from the island has screwed the 'time continum' up?

John Locke?

:pointstosky:

The first name starts with a J.. but the last name ends with a ...antham it looks like. Maybe it is Jacob.

Kate was looking so hot at the end with all the whoore makeup on.

Also, I still want to know what was up with that huge stone foot they saw when first going to the other side of the island.... all these important questions and thats the only one I want answered dammit!

:pointstosky:

Swell, so we can look forward to the potential Season 4 storylines:

* Jacob's backstory; his father was a matchstick who never had time for him.

* Hurley convinces the entire cast; Oceanic passengers, The Others and the freighter's crew to help him built a road between the radio tower and beach to boost morale. The task is miraculously accomplished overnight and he fuels the VW with a synthesized petroleum byproduct developed by Dharma.

* Jin's father gets a backstory which somehow reveals Sun and Jin are siblings. He washes up on The Island frantic to stop Sun from having their baby; having received the bad news from the Medium who worked with Claire.

* Mikhail falls from a cliff, gets an arm hacked off by Rose, contracts malaria, has his good eye poked out when Ben discovers he didn't stop Charlie, breaks both ankles, goes insane, loses his hair and is set on fire; yet manages to thwart a rescue helicopter's attempt to land on the runway it turns out Juliette wasn't lying to Sawyer about.

* Kate sleeps with Jack, Sayid, Locke, Jacob, Hurley, Jin, Bernard, Ben, Richard, Sawyer, Carl, "WALT!", Desmond, Mikhail and some surfer that was blown off course, gets pregnant and Juliette can't determine ahead of time who the father is. Kate wanders away and performs a self-abortion rather than risk having a child by "That depraved lunatic Bernard!"

* Claire and Jacob have a passionate affair and he convinces her to offer Aaron as a sacrifice to The Island.

* Locke kills the frighter's crew singlehandedly using only his cunning and a sharpened toothbrush.

* Sawyer's backstory shows he returned to high school and was awarded a football scholarship to Alabama with dreams of starting at linebacker. He was instead relegated to second string, refused to redshirt, dropped out and swore vengeance on "That b@stard Derrick Thomas". Moving forward to January 2000, Sawyer is portrayed as a homicidal maniac; well versed in running other drivers off the road and making it look accidental.

* Jacob's backstory; his father was a matchstick who never had time for him.

* Hurley convinces the entire cast; Oceanic passengers, The Others and the freighter's crew to help him built a road between the radio tower and beach to boost morale. The task is miraculously accomplished overnight and he fuels the VW with a synthesized petroleum byproduct developed by Dharma.

* Jin's father gets a backstory which somehow reveals Sun and Jin are siblings. He washes up on The Island frantic to stop Sun from having their baby; having received the bad news from the Medium who worked with Claire.

* Mikhail falls from a cliff, gets an arm hacked off by Rose, contracts malaria, has his good eye poked out when Ben discovers he didn't stop Charlie, breaks both ankles, goes insane, loses his hair and is set on fire; yet manages to thwart a rescue helicopter's attempt to land on the runway it turns out Juliette wasn't lying to Sawyer about.

* Kate sleeps with Jack, Sayid, Locke, Jacob, Hurley, Jin, Bernard, Ben, Richard, Sawyer, Carl, "WALT!", Desmond, Mikhail and some surfer that was blown off course, gets pregnant and Juliette can't determine ahead of time who the father is. Kate wanders away and performs a self-abortion rather than risk having a child by "That depraved lunatic Bernard!"

* Claire and Jacob have a passionate affair and he convinces her to offer Aaron as a sacrifice to The Island.

* Locke kills the frighter's crew singlehandedly using only his cunning and a sharpened toothbrush.

* Sawyer's backstory shows he returned to high school and was awarded a football scholarship to Alabama with dreams of starting at linebacker. He was instead relegated to second string, refused to redshirt, dropped out and swore vengeance on "That b@stard Derrick Thomas". Moving forward to January 2000, Sawyer is portrayed as a homicidal maniac; well versed in running other drivers off the road and making it look accidental.

:blink:

:blink:

Kate was looking so hot at the end with all the whoore makeup on.

This is true. :o

Also, maybe it was my :blink: soaked lenses, but were/are Charlie and Jack set up as Christ like figures? One dying the other suffering for the good of the other people around them. I got to rewatch sober. :wall:

were/are Charlie and Jack set up as Christ like figures?

I thought they were doing this with Desmond, as he was "resurrected" after the hatch explosion, looks like Jesus, has the "second sight", etc., but it doesn't seem to be the case

Are jack and Charlie too flawed to be christ figures? It seems like everyone on the island has motives that are too selfish to be considered saviors or religious.

Here are my questions/observations from last night:

1. WTF is the runway Juliet was talking about? Was she BSing Sawyer?

2. What is the "temple" that Ben referred to?

3. Was Jack having Flash Forwards, or were they just showing the future as a plot device. Meaning, was Jack remembering the future? I couldn't decide, because, they were using the flashback sound, but how could he be remembering the future? Is he seeing "visions" like Desmond now?

Only fools are bound by time and space. :banana:

Here's a close up of the newspaper clipping.

Link

And a description I stole from another site. :thumbsup:

LOS ANGELES

Man found d(eceased/ead)

downtown loft

The body of J--- -antham of

New York was found shortly after 4

a.m. in the --- of Grand

Avenue.

The -- a de--- man at The

Tower --- --- heard loud

noises --- -- m's loft.

Co --------- uncovered the

--- the from a beam in the

--- bedroom

The way I understand it is a man from New York went to LA, hung himself from a beam in a loft of a tower, and was discovered by the doorman after making alot of noise at 4am. :first:

I like Sawyer a little bit more with each kill. :thumbsup:

I thought they blew the line though, it shoulda been "I told you me and you weren't finished yet Zeke."

* Hurley drives a 30 year old VW Microbus that initially needed 4 guys to jump start from the plains to the beach through the jungle without any help, roads or being heard to run over Brian; then Sawyer can't think of any better reason to kill Tom except he kidnapped "WALT!" Oh, he didn't mind being terrorized, shot at, blown up, nearly drowning, kidnapped, blindfolded, forced to dig rocks, beaten repeatedly, shoved into a cage, living on fish biscuits and killing Locke's father. What really chafed Sawyer's ass was a guy he barely knew's kid that he didn't particularly care for being abducted.

one else I read, see, talk to and so on is loving this finale...telling the writers of heroes and 24 that this is how you do it.

I thought it was incredible.

Jack's dad is dead people. Dead.

Him mentioning his dad was part of 2 things...one to show how focked Jack is...two to keep people from realizing its a flash forward until the end.

The chief of surgery (not Jack's dad) had that look of...what are you talking about...he is dead.

He forged a scrip from his dad and when the pharmacist was about to call he went crazy because he knows she would find out that the older Doc Shepherd is dead.

Everyone else I read, see or talk to...and so on; is loving this finale...Telling the writers of Heroes and 24 that this is how you do it. I thought it was incredible.

I won't deny it was an above average, albeit implausible, episode; and I don't watch those other two series. It appears we both edited our initial responses. My major gripe is viewers are expected to roll with the twists and turns of Lost without questioning the likelihood those events could actually happen. Yes, watching castaways on a tropical island would get boring after a while without the variables added to Lost. But do you honestly believe Hurley driving the van to the beach in time to play Hero is a logical and well thought out plotline? Wouldn't Locke be more hung up on wasting Ben than some chick he has never met; especially since he's not a killer at heart?

I won't deny it was an above average, albeit implausible, episode.

Besides Mikhail...and maybe the quickness of Penny being ready to communicate...what was so implausible?

Even the Penny thing...the signal was turned off for a sec, she could have been notified as soon as it happened (knowing that she was out there looking for Desmond...and has been on standby since "the sky turned purple").

Was it just me, or did anyone else notice that when Mikaihl first came down to the Looking Glass, he was not wearing his eyepatch under his goggles, yet when he was outside with the grenade, he had the eyepatch on. He couldnt have been afraid to get something in the eye? And for some reason, I now wonder that if someone with an eyepatch closes and opens the good eye?, are they blinking or winking? :thumbsup:

My analysis/random thoughts ( after rethinking a little ):

I do think the Freigtor people will rescue those that want to leave. They will be coming home to a totally different reality. Jacks dad isn't dead , Kate is not a fugitive , etc.

Explains how Desmond came back to the Island after being killed - he went to a different reality and nwas able to live that one over again from a earlier point. Also would explain how the Freightor could of been sent by Penny but at the same time Penny not know about it since it was a Penny from a different reality that sent the freightor then the one on the comm link.

On the Island everyhting stays the exact same - there is only one reality that can exist on the Island.

The Freightor is Dharma IMO and Dharma ends up being owned by Penny's father's company that somehow I am thinking Penny came into control of. Her father made certain Desmond found the Island the first time so noone would ever find him.

Locke will never leave the island Alive anyway so it is not Locke in the casket I think it is ben who is in the casket as Ben Leaves the Island in the rescue party after the " others " choose Locke as their new leader. Ben away from the Island cannot heal like he did on the Island.

Island was chosen for all that research by Dharma becasue it was found to be the once place where time / space meet - a launching point in which you can go to millions of different realities. :first: - maybe a bit far fetched there.

After the rescue Locke leads the others ( that remian ) and the Losties that choose to stay. They end up hiding out on the Island tryingto aviod and fight back the Dharma people that have retaken the Island.

Jack and losties that left return to a totally different reality. some for the better some not so much. the people that are not happy in the new reality like Jack get together and try and find a way back to the Island.

Seasons 4 end - they get back to the Island through likley Penny's help or someone else that knows where it is or how to get there. Even the ones who are happy in that reality somehow get back - starge coincidences are a regular thing on that shgow anyway.

The other man in Kates life is her first love or whoever that guy was. When they get recued she finds out he is alive and leaves jack.

S4 - Jacob becomes a regular character and of course Walt returns.

prolly way off but :thumbsup:

I won't deny it was an above average, albeit implausible, episode.

Most people hung up on plausibility issues most likely quit on this show long ago.

Was it just me, or did anyone else notice that when Mikaihl first came down to the Looking Glass, he was not wearing his eyepatch under his goggles, yet when he was outside with the grenade, he had the eyepatch on. He couldnt have been afraid to get something in the eye? And for some reason, I now wonder that if someone with an eyepatch closes and opens the good eye?, are they blinking or winking? :dunno:

I just think the 2nd time he was in more of a rush to get the hell out of there before Desmond noticed and did not take the patch off and worry about a good seal in his mask/goggles the way he did the first time.

Fock. Drank too much. I can't remember all that much from the last hour.

I'll need to re-watch the episode tonight, and avoid this thread and the post-show posts. :dunno: :lol: