Sign in to follow this  
surferskin

Jack Thompson is a Focking Moron

http://www.thelastboss.com/post.phtml?pk=2659

I ripped this video from MSNBC to show you all how terribly wrong Jack Thompson is about his Virginia Tech shooter assumptions. He was blaming games before a shooter was even identified, he moved on to blame Bill Gates for games he isn't even responsible for, and finally we have both textual and video proof that he needs to never comment on video game violence ever again. The video above (yes, I know the sound is off) has an MSNBC Hardball broadcaster, Chris Matthews, refusing to believe Jack Thompson's "theories" until more evidence has been found, and below is that exact evidence that disproves Jack's assumptions. Sorry, Jack, I was rooting for you, this one was all wrapped up and in the bag - he's an adolescent Asian attending college - of course he's going to be an avid gamer

the link above shows him being played the fool by another doosh, chris matthews...he totally gets called out on his bullshit video game "theories".

Damn. Nothing like a tragedy to bring the idiots crawling out of the woodwork. :dunno:

Nothing even mentioned him playing video games from what I've seen. But I definitely heard him spout religious nonsense. And I saw him mimic a couple poses from a Korean movie depicting violence.

I'd love to see someone suggest they ban religion and violence in movies. See how far that gets.

Damn. Nothing like a tragedy to bring the idiots crawling out of the woodwork. :mad:

Yes.

Blame is the theme for our culture. Someone else is always to blame, and they should always be sued for billions of dollars.

In this case, it is easy to spot that VaTech university did a poor job of protecting its students, but also a really poor job of helping this kid.

Hello world, there are people on this planet who are in a bad place simply because they are focked up, not because your political agenda can use them :dunno:

I am an avid video gamer.

I'm playing a game caller F.E.A.R. right now... shooting up office buildings, blood and gore all over the place, there's even one level called "campus". :dunno:

No, I don't think video games alone are the cause of anything. But they are certainly a part of the overall problem which is the complete desensetization to killing and violence.

I heard a statistic on the radio that by the time a child has reached 13 years old, he has been exposed to 15,000 "simulated" murders on TV/news/videogames/etc.

I laugh at the old-time movies where the "good guy" finally gets the gun from the "bad guy" but then in a moment of compassion, the "good guy" can't pull the trigger. Maybe that existed at one time... maybe The Unforgiven's (Clint Eastwood) message about killing still holds true for some... but I don't see it. I don't think I would have any trouble at all pulling the trigger to defend myself... I don't think many people today would have any trouble at all.

I'm playing a game caller F.E.A.R. right now... shooting up office buildings, blood and gore all over the place, there's even one level called "campus". :dunno:

No, I don't think video games alone are the cause of anything. But they are certainly a part of the overall problem which is the complete desensetization to killing and violence.

I heard a statistic on the radio that by the time a child has reached 13 years old, he has been exposed to 15,000 "simulated" murders on TV/news/videogames/etc.

I laugh at the old-time movies where the "good guy" finally gets the gun from the "bad guy" but then in a moment of compassion, the "good guy" can't pull the trigger. Maybe that existed at one time... maybe The Unforgiven's (Clint Eastwood) message about killing still holds true for some... but I don't see it. I don't think I would have any trouble at all pulling the trigger to defend myself... I don't think many people today would have any trouble at all.

I finished F.E.A.R about 9 months ago. I don't know why I kept playing, the game scared the shat out of me. I ended up finishing it and it was an awesome game. Couple months back, I saw the add-on for F.E.A.R. and I bought it, not having played it in a few months. I install it and start playing, it's even scarrier this time around. I ended up finishing that, great game, I love it. Then I read there was no new add-on coming out, so I grabbed my glock and I killed the next door neighbors.

I'm playing a game caller F.E.A.R. right now... shooting up office buildings, blood and gore all over the place, there's even one level called "campus". :mad:

You like it? I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow and can't think of what to buy.

I already have Gears, COD3, Rainbow 6 Vegas, yada yada.

I guess if you didn't like it, you prolly wouldn't spend your time playing it. :dunno:

I already have Gears, COD3, Rainbow 6 Vegas, yada yada.

I guess if you didn't like it, you prolly wouldn't spend your time playing it. :dunno:

Brian, FEAR is awesome, you'll like it. you need a pretty souped up PC to play it with the best graphics, do they have it for the XBOX360?

I have played COD now and again, when time permits, over teh last year or so. Loved it, would love to get COD 3.... :dunno:

I am not a big fan of the Horror genre, but FEAR is pretty good... and it gets a "10" on the scary scale.

The gameplay is decent. It's not the best 1st person shooter out there, but it's worth playing. The audio is a bit

"tinny" and the weapons a bit bland compared to some other games but it's still decent.

I just finished one level where you are part of a Delta type team flying to a cityscape rooftop at night for an assault... it was pretty kick ass... flying over the city at night, watching the roof and targets come into view... Very Cool.

just to give you a perspective on what I like in games:

- My favorite 1st person shooter is still Far Cry. The graphics/setting/gameplay/audio are all top notch for me.

- I have Gears of War, but I don't like the gameplay/control. Graphics are great, but the over the shoulder view and "cover" system annoys me. Yes, I know I'm in the minority with that opinion.

and to keep on point with this thread. The gore in the office buildings is disturbing... corpses shot up and bloodied in their cubes and coffee rooms. It really was kind of WTF? as I was playing.

I agree we are more desensetized but I don't think that makes people kill people. It just means when we watch the news we don't freak out anymore we expect it. I don't see how playing video games can make anyone do anything...that is unless they are already crazy!!!

Guest Davaco

hes just grandstanding.

i have played violent games, written violent stories, watched violent movies and havent killed that many people. sheesh

who is jack thompson again?

I agree we are more desensetized but I don't think that makes people kill people. It just means when we watch the news we don't freak out anymore we expect it. I don't see how playing video games can make anyone do anything...that is unless they are already crazy!!!

I agree that it wont lead to mass killings , but the desensetizing and overall low value of human life in our society is a problem

I agree that it wont lead to mass killings , but the desensetizing and overall low value of human life in our society is a problem

I'm not so sure that there is a low value of human life. But, if you are correct..that is a big problem!!

a huge idiot that blames all society's problems of video games.

- I have Gears of War, but I don't like the gameplay/control. Graphics are great, but the over the shoulder view and "cover" system annoys me. Yes, I know I'm in the minority with that opinion.

I see your points with Gears. The cover thing is especially annoying in multiplayer when objects vacuum you in when you're trying to run away, since "cover" and "run" are the same button.

I like Gears, but my favorite shooters are a bit less claustrophobic. Battlefield II suits my taste extremely well.

Can't wait for Battlefield: Bad Company later this year.

a huge idiot that blames all society's problems of video games.

i figured that out. he definately rings a bell. presidential hopeful now? what was he before?

i figured that out. he definately rings a bell. presidential hopeful now? what was he before?

no, you're thinking of "Fred" Thompson the former congressman/actor. "Jack" is just a moron lawyer that loves to grandstand.