Sign in to follow this  
remote controller

Blaylock?

betts is more valuable to the skins than is his value...sorta like fred taylor with the jags (even turner).

i'd suspect they plan on using all of them--including blaylock.

betts is more valuable to the skins than is his value...sorta like fred taylor with the jags (even turner).

i'd suspect they plan on using all of them--including blaylock.

I knew he was being shopped for awhile. I think he is better than Portis, but that is a whole nother arguement. I factor in health in that comparison, and the likelyhood they can keep it.

I knew he was being shopped for awhile. I think he is better than Portis, but that is a whole nother arguement. I factor in health in that comparison, and the likelyhood they can keep it.

I'm pretty sure they still have Cartright too.

'07 Blaylock = '06 Duckett :D :banana:

:doublethumbsup: My thoughts entirely, although there is also a story that Portis isn't back to full fitness yet, so maybe a 'need' for extra cover ??

Isn't Blaylock is a blocking back. Duckett was never a blocking back. It would hint that they will run more two back sets this year. Heck, they'll probably run it a ton anyway. The WR position still isn't very good.

Isn't Blaylock is a blocking back.

No, not at all.

It amazes me that people actually think this. If you have actually watched Portis and Betts play more than a handful of times then there is NO QUESTION that Portis is the more talented and better Rb. As far as injuries are concerned Betts has been dinged up throughout his career. Last season was the healthiest he has ever been. Funny, how people come to ridiculous conclusions from looking at stat lines from one season and having recent injuries in their minds.

Isn't Blaylock is a blocking back. Duckett was never a blocking back. It would hint that they will run more two back sets this year. Heck, they'll probably run it a ton anyway. The WR position still isn't very good.

I take it you have never seen Blaylock play. He is 5'9 210 lbs and not a blocking back by any means.

The Blaylock signing provides depth for the backfield and its good to bring in a guy who is familiar with Saunders' playbook. It also provides a body for mini and training camps as Portis will not see a lot of time on the field this off-season, even when he is at 100% health. They're gonna save him for the upcoming regular season where he's gonna prove all of the doubters wrong.

Plus, the Skins just signed Betts to a nice extension, so he ain't going nowhere !

this is one of those signings that i think people are reading too much into. nfl teams want to have 3-4 rbs on the roster. it's a simple depth issue.

this is one of those signings that i think people are reading too much into. nfl teams want to have 3-4 rbs on the roster. it's a simple depth issue.

:doh:

Exactly what my point was! Duckett was there for depth that they never ended up needing last year because when portis went down, Betts stayed healthy. Blaylock won't see the field unless both of Portis and Betts go down... And even then, he will be splitting carries with Rock. Let me say it again '07 Blaylock :wub:

Blaylock has done it before.Portis has become a crap shoot.Sure,Betts will be there Rocks not...nice late round option a'la Nick Goings or Gado

The skin's signed Blaylock, this is really all you ever need to know about the guy.... :dunno: