Sign in to follow this  
XToday

Favre pissed!

barry?!! where did that come from? whoa...concentrate: this thread is about favre. nice deflection (to use a sho line :thumbsup: ).

it has nothing to do with favre being the best qb in the norris division. completely irrelevant. my two questions: has favre's image been tarnished the last two seasons? has the packers rebuilding been stunted by favre being around and the packers not knowing what to do with him (keep him informed, not pissing him off, whatever)? the answers, i think, to those questions are quite clear. barry (lol) and brett's status among qbs in the norris is irrelevant. come on.

It had plenty to do with the topic, cause no, unlike Barry, his image isn't tarnished. He hasn't walked away form a city and a team. You're smarter than that swamp. I was spot on thread. It hasn't harmed the rebuilding yet, for gimpy rodgers needs the time. Now I could go off thread here and say that rodgers offers more today the harrington ever offered.(That would be off topic, though probably true) Nice to see we agree that far is still the class of the norse when it comes to Qb's. My work is done here Swamp.

My contention is that farve had every reason to b!tch after the first pick.

I miss Ron Wolf.

Speaking of, what do Reggie White, Brett Favre, Andre Rison, Keith Jackson, Sean Jones and Desmond Howard have in common? You can't do it all through the draft!

I hate to go "Glory Days" on this bit, but clearly Ted Thompson can't hold Ron Wolf's jock. You can't reap the reward if you aren't willing to take a risk.

The blind faith in Thompson gives me a headache. Maybe we should forfeit our 2007 schedule so that we can draft Darren McFadden next year? How's that for rebuilding? Maybe we could petition the league to allow us to carry our $15M in cap space over to 2008?

Sho/Hoff - I respect your knowledge, I just disagree 100% with your short term and long term views. The Packers are not that far away that adding talent (Moss, McGahee, Turner) wouldn't make a difference, especially in a watered down NFC.

It had plenty to do with the topic, cause no, unlike Barry, his image isn't tarnished. He hasn't walked away form a city and a team. You're smarter than that swamp. I was spot on thread. It hasn't harmed the rebuilding yet, for gimpy rodgers needs the time. Now I could go off thread here and say that rodgers offers more today the harrington ever offered.(That would be off topic, though probably true) Nice to see we agree that far is still the class of the norse when it comes to Qb's. My work is done here Swamp.

My contention is that farve had every reason to b!tch after the first pick.

lol...his image isn't tarnished? you, sir, are in complete denial.

he stayed too long. it's a weak spin to act all macho about him not walking away. he stayed and has thrown about 40 ints or so in that time, the packers are 12-20 in that time, oh, and this just in: he's whining and biatching about management in the press and having a pity party about whether he's loved or not by the packers. this team's growth is stunted by him being there and he's the big white elephant in the room. the only thing--the ONLY thing--he's gotten out of staying the past two years is lots of money in his bank account. yeah, quite the team player the past two years.

wake up and smell the coffee.

Tarnished? Maybe a bit...the not deciding what to do before last year and the current whines might do that a little. In the long run, after a few years of being retired, that type of thing will be forgotten.

Stunted them. The last 2 years I don't think so that much. Given putting Rodgers in there might have stunted his own future behind that line in 2005.

it's never forgotten when a player hangs on too long. hell, you still hear stories about willie mays hanging on too long. that shiat never goes away. that doesn't mean that ends up defining the player--it's just a part of the overall story that remains gloamed onto the whole like an annoying little fly in the ointment.

glad we finally, *almost* agree (re: "tarnished a little").

he stayed too long. it's a weak spin to act all macho about him not walking away. he stayed and has thrown about 40 ints or so in that time, the packers are 12-20 in that time, oh, and this just in: he's whining and biatching about management in the press and having a pity party about whether he's loved or not by the packers. this team's growth is stunted by him being there and he's the big white elephant in the room.

He was 8-8 last year.... You might think that's terrible, but it's a record your team hasn't sniffed in a long time (2-14,3-13,5-11,6-10,5-11,3-13....ring a bell??) :D :wub:

Time to get off your high horse.

One losing season in 15 years.

Name me another quarterback in the history of the NFL who's done that...

I'll wait here for your answer. :lol:

:lol:

He was 8-8 last year.... You might think that's terrible, but it's a record your team hasn't sniffed in a long time (2-14,3-13,5-11,6-10,5-11,3-13....ring a bell??) :D :wub:

Time to get off your high horse.

One losing season in 15 years.

Name me another quarterback in the history of the NFL who's done that...

I'll wait here for your answer. :lol:

that's your problem: you want to put brett in some glass case and drag him out every sunday like lenin...let him, go. you can do it. your stat is meaningless but i'll agree with you: hooray for brett for having one losing season in 15 years! three cheers! now let's get back to the business at hand.

all those stats you mention? that's exactly why the packers can't do a focking thing moving forward but wring their hands and hope favre quietly walks away. but oops: he's not quietly walking away. and he's not in the loop. and he knows that the packers are doing the "let's just ignore him and make him comfortable in his last days as much as possible" dance with him.

you still haven't weighed in on THIS topic. here's a typical don response--one that you've earned with your idiotic history lesson.

I had a friend was a big baseball player

back in high school

He could throw that speedball by you

Make you look like a fool boy

Saw him the other night at this roadside bar

I was walking in, he was walking out

We went back inside sat down had a few drinks

but all he kept talking about was

Chorus:

Glory days well they'll pass you by

Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye

Glory days, glory days

Well there's a girl that lives up the block

back in school she could turn all the boy's heads

Sometimes on a Friday I'll stop by

and have a few drinks after she put her kids to bed

Her and her husband Bobby well they split up

I guess it's two years gone by now

We just sit around talking about the old times,

she says when she feels like crying

she starts laughing thinking about

Chorus

Now I think I'm going down to the well tonight

and I'm going to drink till I get my fill

And I hope when I get old I don't sit around thinking about it

but I probably will

Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture

a little of the glory of, well time slips away

and leaves you with nothing mister but

boring stories of glory days

Chorus (repeat twice)

brett is the "whiner of the week":

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3298669/

that's your problem: you want to put brett in some glass case and drag him out every sunday like lenin...let him, go. you can do it. your stat is meaningless but i'll agree with you: hooray for brett for having one losing season in 15 years! three cheers! now let's get back to the business at hand.

all those stats you mention? that's exactly why the packers can't do a focking thing moving forward but wring their hands and hope favre quietly walks away. but oops: he's not quietly walking away. and he's not in the loop. and he knows that the packers are doing the "let's just ignore him and make him comfortable in his last days as much as possible" dance with him.

you still haven't weighed in on THIS topic. here's a typical don response--one that you've earned with your idiotic history lesson.

back in high school

Chorus:

Glory days, glory days

Chorus

but I probably will

Chorus (repeat twice)

brett is the "whiner of the week":

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3298669/

weak :wub:

don uses that one repeatedly. :wub:

still waiting for him to address THIS issue in this thread.

Some PLEASE ANSWER THIS!

I have asked many times.

For everyone who backs TT for not bowing to Favre and doing it his own way.

QUESTION IS: IF TT is doing it his OWN way then why doesnt he put in HIS guy? After all he is a 1st rounder. TT picked him. Its been a few years now. If he has the balls to do it HIS way then why doesnt he put in HIS guy?

HE makes no sense! It is his Job to do that. He is the GM. He gets paid for it. Why does everyone say Favre holds the team hostage? He doesn't. TT holds the team hostage, if you want to get on with the rebuilding process. Obviously TT wants to get on with the building process by adding D still, and building through the draft, while letting vets go. But he doesn't want his own 1st round pick a QB to get going with the building process? Rodgers has sat long enough, he isnt right out of college anymore. SO why isnt he letting him play? Its either TT really isnt doing it HIS way and has no direction for this team, by rebuilding the team, but leaving his young 1st round QB on the bench. OR- he realizes that Rodgers isnt that good and it will turn out that it was just a bad pick.

No one here has an answer for this.

I miss Ron Wolf.

Speaking of, what do Reggie White, Brett Favre, Andre Rison, Keith Jackson, Sean Jones and Desmond Howard have in common? You can't do it all through the draft!

I hate to go "Glory Days" on this bit, but clearly Ted Thompson can't hold Ron Wolf's jock. You can't reap the reward if you aren't willing to take a risk.

The blind faith in Thompson gives me a headache. Maybe we should forfeit our 2007 schedule so that we can draft Darren McFadden next year? How's that for rebuilding? Maybe we could petition the league to allow us to carry our $15M in cap space over to 2008?

Sho/Hoff - I respect your knowledge, I just disagree 100% with your short term and long term views. The Packers are not that far away that adding talent (Moss, McGahee, Turner) wouldn't make a difference, especially in a watered down NFC.

A. The Packers were in a completely different position when those guys were brought in. They were not fighting their way out of cap trouble and trying to rebuild. (except Favre...he was obviously brought in first but sat the bench until Majikowski was injured.

B. Its not blind faith. Its faith in his draft picks already contributing a great deal from the very start. Its about seeing how he goes about things and liking his approach far greater than I ever liked what Sherman did.

C. I do think they are more than just Moss away from being there. You can keep McGahee...and let me keep the 3 draft picks. In the end Turner was not going anywhere. The Chargers simply wanted way too much.

D. After signing some of their own players I don't think they are at $15mil anyway...plus will have to sign the rookies. Plus like last year, Thompson will end up signing a few more people before its all said and done.

he stayed too long. it's a weak spin to act all macho about him not walking away. he stayed and has thrown about 40 ints or so in that time, the packers are 12-20 in that time, oh, and this just in: he's whining and biatching about management in the press and having a pity party about whether he's loved or not by the packers. this team's growth is stunted by him being there and he's the big white elephant in the room. the only thing--the ONLY thing--he's gotten out of staying the past two years is lots of money in his bank account. yeah, quite the team player the past two years.

it's never forgotten when a player hangs on too long. hell, you still hear stories about willie mays hanging on too long. that shiat never goes away. that doesn't mean that ends up defining the player--it's just a part of the overall story that remains gloamed onto the whole like an annoying little fly in the ointment.

glad we finally, *almost* agree (re: "tarnished a little").

I can completely disagree with you here.

Yes...many things are forgotten. How many Packer fans really remember that Hornung was busted for gambling? That Lofton was accused of rape? When he ends up in Canton...people will remember his highlights...will see the clips of him running off the field in New Orleans after the pass to Rison. Some thought Montana hung on too long...how often is that really remembered and tarnished his image?

Some PLEASE ANSWER THIS!

I have asked many times.

QUESTION IS: IF TT is doing it his OWN way then why doesnt he put in HIS guy? After all he is a 1st rounder. TT picked him. Its been a few years now. If he has the balls to do it HIS way then why doesnt he put in HIS guy?

HE makes no sense! It is his Job to do that. He is the GM. He gets paid for it. Why does everyone say Favre holds the team hostage? He doesn't. TT holds the team hostage, if you want to get on with the rebuilding process. Obviously TT wants to get on with the building process by adding D still, and building through the draft, while letting vets go. But he doesn't want his own 1st round pick a QB to get going with the building process? Rodgers has sat long enough, he isnt right out of college anymore. SO why isnt he letting him play? Its either TT really isnt doing it HIS way and has no direction for this team, by rebuilding the team, but leaving his young 1st round QB on the bench. OR- he realizes that Rodgers isnt that good and it will turn out that it was just a bad pick.

I actually did answer it...you just did not want to hear it.

He is wanting to do it his own way...to an extent...but is not dumb enough to cut him or trade him. He wants to at least try to let Brett go out on his own terms. In addition...look at the situation the past 2 years. Did you want Rodgers thrown in there his rookie year? With Klemm and Whitticker as his guards? Or last year with 3 rookies on the line...the line learning a new scheme?

You can claim he has no direction...but I completely disagree...the direction is youth and building the front lines on offense and defense.

I'm getting sick of the discussion, but one last point.

If you can go find me a Reggie White in free agency, I'm on board. Every other free agent you cited on that list likely came to Green Bay because Reggie White made the franchise legit. Tell me where that guy is in today's NFL? If you want an impact free agent, who is that guy?

And don't try to even bring up Rison. He was only brought in because a team with an atual shot at a Super Bowl suffered WR injuries. Not the same situation at all.

When Green Bay actually gets close to fielding a team with a legit shot at a Super Bowl, I'm guessing the Thompson regime may get a bit more aggresive. But even if they don't, I'll still believe they're building this team the correct way right now.

And blind faith? I watched Thompson rebuild the LB group in two seasons. They are young and talented at the position. I wathced him rebuild the O line in two seasons. ###### all you want, but a top 16 O line ranking with three rookies and a first year guy playing all season, I'll take that. Oh, and did I mention how the interior D line has been transformed now? Harrel and Pickett will be a good tandem, allowing Jenkins to get KGB off the field more often. Not to mention that both Murphy and Jennings looked like very, very good second round WRs.

Sorry, I look at this and see good progress. While others look at it and are pissed because Thompson isn't doing what Favre wants.

Some PLEASE ANSWER THIS!

I have asked many times.

i'm not a tt supporter, but it's painfully obvious what's going on--come on, even you know what's going on without asking: tt does want to do it his way, he does want to rebuild, he doesn't want to do anything that would jeopardize the future by getting short-term answers because he doesn't think the packers can win NOW with favre, BUT he can't put in his own guy because he can't be the one to kill favre the legend. again, brett's the gigantic white elephant in the room that thompson has no clue on how to--or balls to--remove from the room.

i think this has been spelled out numerous times in this thread. i dare say the packer fans who are supporting tt are still as squeamish as tt is about offing brett. and therein lies the ENTIRE problem.

Yes...many things are forgotten. How many Packer fans really remember that Hornung was busted for gambling? That Lofton was accused of rape? When he ends up in Canton...people will remember his highlights...will see the clips of him running off the field in New Orleans after the pass to Rison. Some thought Montana hung on too long...how often is that really remembered and tarnished his image?

you sure seem to remember those things--you just brought them up! :bench:

thanks for proving my point.

I'm getting sick of the discussion, but one last point.

If you can go find me a Reggie White in free agency, I'm on board. Every other free agent you cited on that list likely came to Green Bay because Reggie White made the franchise legit. Tell me where that guy is in today's NFL? If you want an impact free agent, who is that guy?

And don't try to even bring up Rison. He was only brought in because a team with an atual shot at a Super Bowl suffered WR injuries. Not the same situation at all.

When Green Bay actually gets close to fielding a team with a legit shot at a Super Bowl, I'm guessing the Thompson regime may get a bit more aggresive. But even if they don't, I'll still believe they're building this team the correct way right now.

And blind faith? I watched Thompson rebuild the LB group in two seasons. They are young and talented at the position. I wathced him rebuild the O line in two seasons. ###### all you want, but a top 16 O line ranking with three rookies and a first year guy playing all season, I'll take that. Oh, and did I mention how the interior D line has been transformed now? Harrel and Pickett will be a good tandem, allowing Jenkins to get KGB off the field more often. Not to mention that both Murphy and Jennings looked like very, very good second round WRs.

Sorry, I look at this and see good progress. While others look at it and are pissed because Thompson isn't doing what Favre wants.

hoff, i appreciate you as you shoot straight more so than most of the packer fans here...but tt rebuilt the linebackers in two years? he drafted hawk last year, which was a no brainer...and barnett's been there 3-4 years now (and wasn't he a sherman pick?)

just saying...

you sure seem to remember those things--you just brought them up! :doublethumbsup:

While I "remember" them. Its not the first thing I think of with those guys. It did not "tarnish" their image and that is what I am talking about when I say people will forget. They will forget in so far as they will not let those things ruin their image of the guy.

A. The Packers were in a completely different position when those guys were brought in. They were not fighting their way out of cap trouble and trying to rebuild. (except Favre...he was obviously brought in first but sat the bench until Majikowski was injured.

B. Its not blind faith. Its faith in his draft picks already contributing a great deal from the very start. Its about seeing how he goes about things and liking his approach far greater than I ever liked what Sherman did.

C. I do think they are more than just Moss away from being there. You can keep McGahee...and let me keep the 3 draft picks. In the end Turner was not going anywhere. The Chargers simply wanted way too much.

D. After signing some of their own players I don't think they are at $15mil anyway...plus will have to sign the rookies. Plus like last year, Thompson will end up signing a few more people before its all said and done.

He is wanting to do it his own way...to an extent...but is not dumb enough to cut him or trade him. He wants to at least try to let Brett go out on his own terms. In addition...look at the situation the past 2 years. Did you want Rodgers thrown in there his rookie year? With Klemm and Whitticker as his guards? Or last year with 3 rookies on the line...the line learning a new scheme?

You can claim he has no direction...but I completely disagree...the direction is youth and building the front lines on offense and defense.

who's saying tt should have thrown the rookie rodgers in there years ago? no one. but rodgers is now entering...what...year FOUR in the league?! we're talking a first-round pick here, a guy drafted to be the qb of the future. it's not like brett has been playing that great the last couple of years.

but i agree: tt can't do a damn thing but sit back and watch rodgers starve to death on the bench while brett fills himself up at the starter's table. tt can only hope that brett leaves a few scraps for rodgers...someday...who knows when.

hence my point about brett impeding the rebuilding process.

While I "remember" them. Its not the first thing I think of with those guys. It did not "tarnish" their image and that is what I am talking about when I say people will forget. They will forget in so far as they will not let those things ruin their image of the guy.

i never said it would be the sole thing that identifies the person. i said it will always be there, always be remembered--a fly in the overall big bowl, if you will. thanks for agreeing with me. you always look smarter when you do that. :doublethumbsup:

The Packers are acting too nice with Farve.

They should have said, "We'd like to honor Brett's wishes and trade him. However, no teams want to trade for him and we have received no offers. For the upcoming season Brett will serve as our backup."

Brett would quit and this franchise could move forward.

This was their chance to get rid of him, and they missed it.

who's saying tt should have thrown the rookie rodgers in there years ago? no one. but rodgers is now entering...what...year FOUR in the league?! we're talking a first-round pick here, a guy drafted to be the qb of the future. it's not like brett has been playing that great the last couple of years.

but i agree: tt can't do a damn thing but sit back and watch rodgers starve to death on the bench while brett fills himself up at the starter's table. tt can only hope that brett leaves a few scraps for rodgers...someday...who knows when.

i never said it would be the sole thing that identifies the person. i said it will always be there, always be remembered--a fly in the overall big bowl, if you will. thanks for agreeing with me. you always look smarter when you do that. :unsure:

He is entering year 3. 2 years ago they had the new guards and a terrible line. Last year they started 3 rookies on the line for a good chunk of the season...plus Wells was a relatively new as a starter. Add in the new scheme as well to that equation.

Yes...seems like quite a few people are talking about throwing him in there in those situations. Situations that had Favre running for his life at times.

Yes...a 1st round pick...QB of the "future"...is 2-3 years too long to sit? In today's NFL it is becoming that way...but not long ago that was very normal.

My point is that the last 2 years I don't believe he has impeded any rebuilding. Maybe this year...and if he stays longer...

You were talking about it tarnishing his image. If its something people rarely if ever remember...is his image really tarnished?

The Packers are acting too nice with Farve.

They should have said, "We'd like to honor Brett's wishes and trade him. However, no teams want to trade for him and we have received no offers. For the upcoming season Brett will serve as our backup."

Brett would quit and this franchise could move forward.

This was their chance to get rid of him, and they missed it.

I agree with Thompson's comments on it. They don't discuss those things with the media as they want the open communication with their players. If they came out and said crap like that, players may be less inclined to come to management with issues.

I am talking about this year. I never said the last few years. Rodgers was drafted knowing he would sit for at least a year. The OLine i thought did well last year, and they arnt all rookies this year. Rodgers has been on the bench for a couple years now, what does it take a QB 5 years now to develop? I don't get it. Rodgers isnt a rookie anymore that is the point. Compared to half the team he is a vet.

Im not saying cut or trade Brett, did I? Again putting words in my mouth. I said play HIS guy, whether that means just starting him over Favre or telling Favre behind closed doors that he is going to start Rodgers and give him a chance to retire before the season with dignaty. That is what I said. And you still havnt answered that. You answered the made up words that you put in my mouth.

i never said it would be the sole thing that identifies the person. i said it will always be there, always be remembered--a fly in the overall big bowl, if you will. thanks for agreeing with me. you always look smarter when you do that. :unsure:

Why cant TT tell Brett behind closed doors that he wants to start Rodgers? Brett WANTS to retire, if the Packer dont want him, If they are in a total rebuild process with no intent on winning. He must have figured by now they would start to grow up and win, maybe thats not possible yet, he's a player not a GM, he wants to win now whether or not that is possible is the question.

Is it not TTs Job? Is he not GM? It is his choice. He does what is BEST for the team.

I can't believe people praise TT for rebuilding and not doing everything for Favre, and say it is his way, and he wants long term success. If so he would put Rodgers in. Why give TT a pass for not taking control of the QB position and stick buy the QB he drafted? This makes everything TT has done good just not count. By not having Balls and rebuilding teh QB position he is doing his job half a$$ed, and if we arnt going to give Favre weapons why not tell him that before hand so he would retire before the season?

I am talking about this year. I never said the last few years. Rodgers was drafted knowing he would sit for at least a year. The OLine i thought did well last year, and they arnt all rookies this year. Rodgers has been on the bench for a couple years now, what does it take a QB 5 years now to develop? I don't get it. Rodgers isnt a rookie anymore that is the point. Compared to half the team he is a vet.

Im not saying cut or trade Brett, did I? Again putting words in my mouth. I said play HIS guy, whether that means just starting him over Favre or telling Favre behind closed doors that he is going to start Rodgers and give him a chance to retire before the season with dignaty. That is what I said. And you still havnt answered that. You answered the made up words that you put in my mouth.

A. He is not the coach...he is the GM. Their job is not to pick the starting lineup...but to put people on the roster for the coaches.

B. In this thread you have stated that Favre has given so much to the franchise, needs more help...yet you appear to be advocating the GM to bench him? You have also talked about adding Moss for cheap as something he could have done. yet when the Moss deal first came about, you were against it....and I don't recall if you ever warmed to that idea until it did not happen.

C. Im not putting words in your mouth...check page 2...post 52

If Favre leaving is a favor, why doesnt TT(who's job it is) tell him to leave, trade him, sit down and have a convo about how the Packers arn't trying to win now. Why doesn't TT do something?

Seems pretty clear you have stated exactly that...that TT should tell him to leave...trade him...or sit him (eventhough that is the coaches job, not the GM's).

I never advocated 5 years from now. This is his 3rd year...the first 2 were not the most ideal situations to have a young QB thrown in there. Favre also played well enough for the team to perhaps want him back.

I did answer that TT is trying to let Brett do it in his own way as much as possible. But still seeing the overall situation is trying to build the team "his" way.

But quit with the putting words in your mouth crap. You have said those things I have claimed...I took them in the context of your complaints in this thread and thoughts in this thread...in particular on this part of the topic.

Why cant TT tell Brett behind closed doors that he wants to start Rodgers? Brett WANTS to retire, if the Packer dont want him, If they are in a total rebuild process with no intent on winning. He must have figured by now they would start to grow up and win, maybe thats not possible yet, he's a player not a GM, he wants to win now whether or not that is possible is the question.

Is it not TTs Job? Is he not GM? It is his choice. He does what is BEST for the team.

I can't believe people praise TT for rebuilding and not doing everything for Favre, and say it is his way, and he wants long term success. If so he would put Rodgers in. Why give TT a pass for not taking control of the QB position and stick buy the QB he drafted? This makes everything TT has done good just not count. By not having Balls and rebuilding teh QB position he is doing his job half a$$ed, and if we arnt going to give Favre weapons why not tell him that before hand so he would retire before the season?

When did Ted Thompson become Art Shell or Jerry Jones and start making lineup decisions?

Who says they have no intent on winning? I don't see that at all.

No...it is not TT's job to pick the starting lineup.

I praise him for what I feel are the good things he has done to rebuild. But realize the position he is in with Favre.

i'm not a tt supporter, but it's painfully obvious what's going on--come on, even you know what's going on without asking: tt does want to do it his way, he does want to rebuild, he doesn't want to do anything that would jeopardize the future by getting short-term answers because he doesn't think the packers can win NOW with favre, BUT he can't put in his own guy because he can't be the one to kill favre the legend. again, brett's the gigantic white elephant in the room that thompson has no clue on how to--or balls to--remove from the room.

i think this has been spelled out numerous times in this thread. i dare say the packer fans who are supporting tt are still as squeamish as tt is about offing brett. and therein lies the ENTIRE problem.

you sure seem to remember those things--you just brought them up! :thumbsup:

hoff, i appreciate you as you shoot straight more so than most of the packer fans here...but tt rebuilt the linebackers in two years? he drafted hawk last year, which was a no brainer...and barnett's been there 3-4 years now (and wasn't he a sherman pick?)

just saying...

I know you I've seen some bagging on Brady Poppinga, but it's not warranted. This guy missed all of his rookie year with an ACL, then came in and won the starting job this season. He struggled early, just like most rookies would, but came on as the year went on. He is much, much better than you're giving him credit for.

With Hawk, Poppinga, and Hodge, I consider that a rebuild. They did it around the only stable piece, which was Barnett. This is a very good, athletic group.

back in high school

Chorus:

Glory days, glory days

Chorus

but I probably will

Chorus (repeat twice)

Glory Days you use when someone is talking excessively about the '85 Bears or in your case,...

um... err..

.....I guess if a Lions fan was talking about that one playoff victory they had over the last 46 years about 20 years ago you could use Glory Days.... :wall:

Talking about a streak (14 of 15) that is still going on and a player that is still playing would not be a "Glory Days" opportunity.

I understand that you long to be me...

..... but it's just not going to work out for you. :mad:

HTH!!! :wall:

Some PLEASE ANSWER THIS!

I have asked many times.

TT has onlt done half his job. You are right.

Glory Days you use when someone is talking excessively about the '85 Bears or in your case,...

um... err..

.....I guess if a Lions fan was talking about that one playoff victory they had over the last 46 years about 20 years ago you could use Glory Days.... :mad:

Talking about a streak (14 of 15) that is still going on and a player that is still playing would not be a "Glory Days" opportunity.

I understand that you long to be me...

..... but it's just not going to work out for you. :dunno:

HTH!!! :banana:

nope, you talking about the favre of the 90s and stats he mostly accumulated when reggie white was still alive and playing is cause to sing the "glory days" tune.

reality.

if you'd like to participate like *most* packer fans in this thread who are honestly stepping up to the plate, be our guest.

nope, you talking about the favre of the 90s and stats he mostly accumulated when reggie white was still alive and playing is cause to sing the "glory days" tune.

reality.

if you'd like to participate like *most* packer fans in this thread who are honestly stepping up to the plate, be our guest.

I will give Pack fans (posters)credit for something that isn't the truth with most other teams fans on this board. We don't feel we have to agree, and we hardly ever do, but we love our team.

The winning streak ended in 2005. The current streak is no winning seasons in two years.

HTH Bruce. :pointstosky:

reality.

We're not talking about stats from the 90s... :dunno:

Your misuse of "Glory Days" was directly after I posted "one losing season in 15 years" which is, indeed, still current.

Read through slow, sampy.

Your inability to read is taking up unnecessary bandwith.

If you want to copy me... get it right.

HTH! :)

The winning streak ended in 2005. The current streak is no winning seasons in two years.

HTH Bruce. :rolleyes:

The topic we were discussing was non-losing seasons which is both 14 of 15 and one in a row.... both stats are current; neither of them involving Richard Dent, Walter Payton, or Ed McMahon or Buddy Ryan. Hence... no "Glory Days"

You picked a bad time to start siding with samp.

We're not talking about stats from the 90s... :)

Your misuse of "Glory Days" was directly after I posted "one losing season in 15 years" which is, indeed, still current.

Read through slow, sampy.

Your inability to read is taking up unnecessary bandwith.

If you want to copy me... get it right.

HTH! :rolleyes:

The topic we were discussing was non-losing seasons which is both 14 of 15 and one in a row.... both stats are current; neither of them involving Richard Dent, Walter Payton, or Ed McMahon or Buddy Ryan. Hence... no "Glory Days"

You picked a bad time to start siding with samp.

hey, steve yzerman had an on-going list of impressive stats last year, too. try 15+ straight seasons of PLAYOFFS, let alone "winning seasons." and 3 championships (let alone 1). i could go on and on about him but you get the idea.

it was time for him to retire, though. and at no time did he whine about it or stamp his spoiled little feet and :first: about not being appreciated or loved or be all :dunno: because the wings didn't get every player he wanted them to get.

congratulations. you have made yourself completely irrelevant in this thread--a thread about your boy toy, brett, no less :dunno:

i'm done asking you to focus and present something about THIS topic (this thread IS NOT about brett's streak of winning seasons--hello, mcfly!!!!). your posts in this thread represent the whole of you and what you've "added" in total to this board in other threads--which is jack shiat.

hey, steve yzerman had an on-going list of impressive stats last year, too. try 15+ straight seasons of PLAYOFFS, let alone "winning seasons." and 3 championships (let alone 1). i could go on and on about him but you get the idea.

it was time for him to retire, though. and at no time did he whine about it or stamp his spoiled little feet and :wall: about not being appreciated or loved or be all :wall: because the wings didn't get every player he wanted them to get.

congratulations. you have made yourself completely irrelevant in this thread--a thread about your boy toy, brett, no less :banana:

i'm done asking you to focus and present something about THIS topic (this thread IS NOT about brett's streak of winning seasons--hello, mcfly!!!!). your posts in this thread represent the whole of you and what you've "added" in total to this board in other threads--which is jack shiat.

Why are you asking me to focus when I've never brought anything to the board?

That doesn't make sense.

You were owned with your misuse of "Glory Days." The proof is right here in the thread. Move on. You've been owned before. You'll be owned again.

Nobody cares about your hockey team or your WNBA team.

It may be time to "tuck in your son" or advise Tusekan Raiders to "go give himself a blow job" :wall: or whatever you do when you get owned.

What does that have to do with the NFL? Favre? Packers? Or, well, anything?

congratulations. you have made yourself completely irrelevant in this thread--a thread about your boy toy, brett, no less :wall:

When have you ever been relevant in any thread? And how is a hockey player relevant?

You want other people to focus about this topic but you went on about a hockey player? Wow...that is all I can say is wow.

Your last line...fits you perfectly...

Why are you asking me to focus when I've never brought anything to the board?

That doesn't make sense.

You were owned with your misuse of "Glory Days." The proof is right here in the thread. Move on. You've been owned before. You'll be owned again.

Nobody cares about your hockey team or your WNBA team.

It may be time to "tuck in your son" or advise Tusekan Raiders to "go give himself a blow job" :wall: or whatever you do when you get owned.

:cry:

right is wrong, up is down. doublespeak won't work for you. free tip.

check the thread title. check the first post. chew down a bottle of ritalin. re-post when it takes effect.

Einhorn = Finkle :(

A. He is not the coach...he is the GM. Their job is not to pick the starting lineup...but to put people on the roster for the coaches.

B. In this thread you have stated that Favre has given so much to the franchise, needs more help...yet you appear to be advocating the GM to bench him? You have also talked about adding Moss for cheap as something he could have done. yet when the Moss deal first came about, you were against it....and I don't recall if you ever warmed to that idea until it did not happen.

C. Im not putting words in your mouth...check page 2...post 52

Seems pretty clear you have stated exactly that...that TT should tell him to leave...trade him...or sit him (eventhough that is the coaches job, not the GM's).

I never advocated 5 years from now. This is his 3rd year...the first 2 were not the most ideal situations to have a young QB thrown in there. Favre also played well enough for the team to perhaps want him back.

I did answer that TT is trying to let Brett do it in his own way as much as possible. But still seeing the overall situation is trying to build the team "his" way.

But quit with the putting words in your mouth crap. You have said those things I have claimed...I took them in the context of your complaints in this thread and thoughts in this thread...in particular on this part of the topic.

You have it all wrong I never said to trade cut him or what not, I was replying to a guys post where he said Favre would do teh Packers a favor by leaving. I said if it would be such a help to teh team why doesnt The GM TT cut/trade him.....he is supposed to do what is best for the team. I was challenging whoever posted Favre leaving would be a favor. READ!

I am not saying bench Favre, I am making a point that we are not rebuilding if we arnt going with the younger QB. I dont want Favre benched.

During the Moss deal I clearly said I am not up for it if it was a 2nd, and maybe not if it was a 3rd. I dont like Moss. I also said it would rely heavily on what money he would take. For what we could have gotten him for I thought it was clearly worth it.

Clearly you ARE putting words in my mouth. If you don't understand that me asking why we havnt sat him or cut/trade him is clearly based on my point that we are half way rebuilding and doing a half a$$ed job if TT and Mac think they are. Obviously me bashing TT for not getting Moss, having no balls, not taking a direction means I am on Favre's side. But I strongly believe that if he knew TTs plans for this year or where we are as a team , he would have retired, But TT has obviously not shared it with Favre, but yet people say Favre is holding the team hostage and whatnot.

When did Ted Thompson become Art Shell or Jerry Jones and start making lineup decisions?

Who says they have no intent on winning? I don't see that at all.

No...it is not TT's job to pick the starting lineup.

I praise him for what I feel are the good things he has done to rebuild. But realize the position he is in with Favre.

Mistake on my part, I dont know why I am saying TT should put in his guy. But He should push for it if its his way. He does hire the coaches.

I just watched my local news here in Milwaukee, and they said Favre said this is his last year with the Packers. He will either retire or be traded if he plays well enough this year.

I just heard this on my 10 o'clock news.

He really hates TT.

check the thread title. check the first post. chew down a bottle of ritalin. re-post when it takes effect.

Says the guy posting in a Favre thread about the Detroit Red Wings..... :dunno:

You have it all wrong I never said to trade cut him or what not, I was replying to a guys post where he said Favre would do teh Packers a favor by leaving. I said if it would be such a help to teh team why doesnt The GM TT cut/trade him.....he is supposed to do what is best for the team. I was challenging whoever posted Favre leaving would be a favor. READ!

I am not saying bench Favre, I am making a point that we are not rebuilding if we arnt going with the younger QB. I dont want Favre benched.

During the Moss deal I clearly said I am not up for it if it was a 2nd, and maybe not if it was a 3rd. I dont like Moss. I also said it would rely heavily on what money he would take. For what we could have gotten him for I thought it was clearly worth it.

Clearly you ARE putting words in my mouth. If you don't understand that me asking why we havnt sat him or cut/trade him is clearly based on my point that we are half way rebuilding and doing a half a$$ed job if TT and Mac think they are. Obviously me bashing TT for not getting Moss, having no balls, not taking a direction means I am on Favre's side. But I strongly believe that if he knew TTs plans for this year or where we are as a team , he would have retired, But TT has obviously not shared it with Favre, but yet people say Favre is holding the team hostage and whatnot.

Mistake on my part, I dont know why I am saying TT should put in his guy. But He should push for it if its his way. He does hire the coaches.

Ok...you are not saying bench him, or cut him, or trade him...but you are saying that TT should play "his guy". Exactly how does he go about that and "have balls" as you suggest...without doing one of those things?

On Moss...seemed you were against that deal at almost every stage...Ive re-read the comments and stand by what I have said...I never saw you say much, if anything that was anything but against that deal.

So you are asking why we have not cut him, sat him, or traded him...but your not saying TT should do these things? Which is it?

I just watched my local news here in Milwaukee, and they said Favre said this is his last year with the Packers. He will either retire or be traded if he plays well enough this year.

I just heard this on my 10 o'clock news.

He really hates TT.

He must...though Id love to hear his actual words. Considering in his little backtrack from the rumor of him demanding to be traded (which he denies) he states he wants to be a Packer, retire a Packer...and so on.

I think it probably is his last year...and at this point, probably should be his last year.

Says the guy posting in a Favre thread about the Detroit Red Wings..... :D

Ok...you are not saying bench him, or cut him, or trade him...but you are saying that TT should play "his guy". Exactly how does he go about that and "have balls" as you suggest...without doing one of those things?

On Moss...seemed you were against that deal at almost every stage...Ive re-read the comments and stand by what I have said...I never saw you say much, if anything that was anything but against that deal.

So you are asking why we have not cut him, sat him, or traded him...but your not saying TT should do these things? Which is it?

The balls to sit him down and say he would like this team to actually rebuild. Or the balls to actually tell him what the hell is going on. Considering the Moss deal was only for a 4th rounder I was all for that, early reports of a second or 3rd I was against, plus If you want to go back and look at that Moss thread you will see I said it all depends on what Moss is willing to take in pay, 3 Mil is nothing, arn't we paying Ferg like 2.5?

I will not repeat my self over and over, if you can't make sense of what I clearly have said oh well :cheers:

The balls to sit him down and say he would like this team to actually rebuild. Or the balls to actually tell him what the hell is going on. Considering the Moss deal was only for a 4th rounder I was all for that, early reports of a second or 3rd I was against, plus If you want to go back and look at that Moss thread you will see I said it all depends on what Moss is willing to take in pay, 3 Mil is nothing, arn't we paying Ferg like 2.5?

I will not repeat my self over and over, if you can't make sense of what I clearly have said oh well :banana:

Clearly said? You have claimed to not have said to trade him or cut him or bench him...yet you have said those exact things. Sorry...none of what you said was very clear.

I think Favre can see quite clearly what is going on...TT is building for the future and is not going to build around a 38 year old QB.

I have yet to see a single post from you, until now, claiming you were so all for the deal. You went on and on about how he was a cancer. I remember that much very clearly.

I think the problem is you are all over the place in what you have said...and have said so many things. I do the same thing at times so I know....

But I think TT is in a much harder position than some realize with trying to build the team...yet trying not to alienate a huge fanbase that worships Favre.

But I think TT is in a much harder position than some realize with trying to build the team...yet trying not to alienate a huge fanbase that worships Favre.

I totally agree with this - Thompson's in a bad spot. In my opinion, the only reason Favre's still playing is because he's close to breaking Marino's TD record. He's not back because he thinks the Packers have a shot. But what can Thompson do? Play Rodgers and try to develop him? No, because then Favre doesn't get the record, and the fans will lynch Thompson. Play Favre and let Rodgers (or whoever else is deemed the future QB) sit on the bench, stunting his development? Then he's harming the rebuilding process, the Packers languish, and the fans will lynch Thompson.

In this situation, Thompson can't win.

He must...though Id love to hear his actual words. Considering in his little backtrack from the rumor of him demanding to be traded (which he denies) he states he wants to be a Packer, retire a Packer...and so on.

it's called "damage control." look it up.

I totally agree with this - Thompson's in a bad spot. In my opinion, the only reason Favre's still playing is because he's close to breaking Marino's TD record. He's not back because he thinks the Packers have a shot. But what can Thompson do? Play Rodgers and try to develop him? No, because then Favre doesn't get the record, and the fans will lynch Thompson. Play Favre and let Rodgers (or whoever else is deemed the future QB) sit on the bench, stunting his development? Then he's harming the rebuilding process, the Packers languish, and the fans will lynch Thompson.

In this situation, Thompson can't win.

eggsactly. which is why (tada) favre not retiring two years ago or even last year HAS IMPEDED THE REBUILDING PROCESS.

bingo.

it's called "damage control." look it up.

Kind of the point...if he was doing damage control...would he then turn around and claim that he will play out this year and demand to be traded? Kind of makes no sense does it?

That and the "backtrack" remains consistent with his attitude and past words about the possibility of playing elsewhere. Could it be that someone took his frustration to mean more than it really did? No...never.... :banana:

eggsactly. which is why (tada) favre not retiring two years ago or even last year HAS IMPEDED THE REBUILDING PROCESS.

bingo.

Again...2 years ago Rodgers would have been a rookie behind a crappy Oline and gotten killed. That was not the wrong decision to come back...nor was last year's IMO. This year, you might have a point.