Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Round 2 random insults and commentary

NOTE: Singman has been posing as me up untill now on the bored.

I am currently at the folks house picking up the kiddies an on the way back to Valparaiso.

WOW -- Portis lasted to me in Round 2 ! :) Whenever he goes in round 2 the man freaking explodes !

:first:

Thanks Steve for help[ing to keep thinks moving with me outta with the wifey.

NOTE: Singman has been posing as me up untill now on the bored.

I am currently at the folks house picking up the kiddies an on the way back to Valparaiso.

WOW -- Portis lasted to me in Round 2 ! :) Whenever he goes in round 2 the man freaking explodes !

Thanks Steve for help[ing to keep thinks moving with me outta with the wifey.

Oh I thought for sure Rudi or FWP were going to be taken. I was going to match up Portis with whichever one wasn't gone. Then I just read on the main board about Portis' Tendonitis in the knee keeping him out of running right now. I'm not sure if he can hold up an entire season anymore?

Oh I thought for sure Rudi or FWP were going to be taken. I was going to match up Portis with whichever one wasn't gone. Then I just read on the main board about Portis' Tendonitis in the knee keeping him out of running right now. I'm not sure if he can hold up an entire season anymore?

I would have considered him in the 4th.....just sayin.... :)

wow :first: :banana: serves me right I guess. Dang I thought I got great value turns out not sa much. :)

Portis slowed by knee soreness

By Ryan O'Halloran

THE WASHINGTON TIMES

May 18, 2007

Already trying to rehabilitate shoulder and hand injuries, Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis now has to deal with a knee problem.

Portis missed the team's offseason workouts Wednesday and yesterday to travel to Birmingham, Ala., where he was examined by Dr. James Andrews and diagnosed with patella tendinitis.

"It cropped up at the end of last week," coach Joe Gibbs said. "He had some soreness in the knee, but he described that he could run and work out on it and it would be fine the next day. This week it bothered him after the workout day so we decided to have it looked at."

There is no timetable for when Portis can return his running program.

"He has to get some therapy, strengthen his quadriceps, stretch his hamstring and he'll be fine," director of sports medicine Bubba Tyer said. "We had it looked at to make sure it was OK and we think we're OK."

Portis missed eight games in 2006 and was limited to 127 carries after sustaining a shoulder injury in the opening series of the first preseason game and then a broken hand in Week 11 at Philadelphia. He has spent the offseason rehabilitating in Miami and Northern Virginia.

Tyer said Portis complained of soreness for a few weeks, but the pain intensified Tuesday. Proceeding with caution, the Redskins shut him down and sent him to Alabama.

"The main thing is to get it taken care of now," Gibbs said. "What we don't want are things to be [a problem] when we get to camp. ... Hopefully, it will be something that goes away."

Gibbs, who said the injury wasn't a result of Portis working out too hard or too often, isn't concerned about his long-term durability.

"He's actually a really young guy and hasn't had many injuries, just a shoulder in high school and a shoulder [and hand] last year," the coach said. "His legs have always been in good shape. I don't anticipate a problem there, and I don't think he has any injuries that we're worried about."

Portis is only 25 but he has taken a lot of hits during his five NFL seasons -- 1,385 carries and 158 receptions -- and the shoulder injury wasn't a minor problem.

:banana:

:lol:

not as bad as I thought actually, I still anticipate solid numbers as the knee " shouldn't " be a real issue. :pray:

dehaven123 on the clock...reading his favorite fantasy football magazine as quick as he can :lol:

I'm out the rest of the night. I'll check in tomorrow. Son needs puter for a little homeywork.

Try to control yourselves til then. Cya

On my way home as I cry on the way having passed on Steve Smith for hopes of a great season by Portis.

:sadbanana:

I am acccepting condolenses for my misfourtune

On my way home as I cry on the way having passed on Steve Smith for hopes of a great season by Portis.

:sadbanana:

I am acccepting condolenses for my misfourtune

Portis will be fine. :lol: It's May.

Ray - So Holt is #2 on your wide receiver list? Solid pick up.

Chad Johnson was #1, and yeah, Holt was #2....

Chad Johnson was #1, and yeah, Holt was #2....

I played out a few mocks sitting in the 12 hole going with Holt, Smith - - Huge fan of both, but I didn't like the middle round outcome of RB selection.

Holt is as consistent as you get

And I'm just sitting here watching the screen since my wife is flirting with the teeball coach on the phone. She's working a 30 minute conversation with way too many giggles in there for me

RLLD this is for you you bastard - - (34c maybe d) fun to put the :lol: in between. So boys what's going on tonight? FF has to beat talking with the wife :ninja: . She's happy talking to him...I'm happy talking to you :lol:

ok, go ahead w/ the ridicule for "reaching" on Edge... but i was doing comparisons of his stats last year... more recs and rec'ing yds than TJones, 50 less rushing yds, same TDs... and it's a new O, w/ improved OL and lots of weapons around him... it's a gamble, and i didn't think he'd make it to me in the 3rd...

ok, go ahead w/ the ridicule for "reaching" on Edge... but i was doing comparisons of his stats last year... more recs and rec'ing yds than TJones, 50 less rushing yds, same TDs... and it's a new O, w/ improved OL and lots of weapons around him... it's a gamble, and i didn't think he'd make it to me in the 3rd...

i like edge this year. I think hes going to be very productive

I almost took Portis until I read about the tendonitis.

Then I kept reading only to find out if Tendenitis keeps him from playing or even practicing when it counts - CPIAFP ! An Athlete can play through that easily.

More I read better I feel -- damn that was a long car ride home :( I was so close to nabbing Smitty but IF healthy POrtis is a back that can explode for a 1500 yard 16 TD season.

Anywhoo I will be playing Golf tommorow 8am - 2 pm. back around 3 depending my 19th hole drinking.

I played out a few mocks sitting in the 12 hole going with Holt, Smith - - Huge fan of both, but I didn't like the middle round outcome of RB selection.

Holt is as consistent as you get

And I'm just sitting here watching the screen since my wife is flirting with the teeball coach on the phone. She's working a 30 minute conversation with way too many giggles in there for me

RLLD this is for you you bastard - - (34c maybe d) fun to put the :( in between. So boys what's going on tonight? FF has to beat talking with the wife :dunno: . She's happy talking to him...I'm happy talking to you :banana:

See,now don't you feel bettah :banana:

Honestly, flirting or not, so long as she isn't talking to me my wife can have phone sex for al i care :banana: (preferrably with one of her girlfirnds, but I digress)

still some really good rbs out there. Surprised at the amount of wrs gone

There is decent value at WR, but in my experience when you are mandated to start 3 WR's you tend to see them fly earlier. Sure you can throw the RB's in at flex, but since you HAVE to start three WR's by league rule, you need to put decent value there. If it were just rwo, well that is a little different.

JMHO :bench:

There is decent value at WR, but in my experience when you are mandated to start 3 WR's you tend to see them fly earlier. Sure you can throw the RB's in at flex, but since you HAVE to start three WR's by league rule, you need to put decent value there. If it were just rwo, well that is a little different.

JMHO :bench:

yeah i understand that....still surprised. I Play in a different league on mffl with the same starting requirements + IDPs

yeah i understand that....still surprised. I Play in a different league on mffl with the same starting requirements + IDPs

Really? What is the name of that one. IDP leagues can be rather challenging. :bench:

Right now, I am in a Warroom league (DEFFA) with some pretty god guys, IDP league and it really makes you think things through a bunch.

I am reloading my DL over the last two years, all my guys either retired or simply dispappeared :wub:

I had pacman on my DB list so I had to go after something tangible to supplant that group, having already owned Mario Williams and Broderick Bunkley I went after Adams, then Chris Houston.

Check out the final result, what do you think?

1.03 Johnson, Calvin DET WR

2.03 Henry, Chris TEN RB

3.03 Olsen, Greg CHI TE

3.06 Adams, Gaines TBB DE

4.03 Smith, Troy BAL QB

6.03 Houston, Chris ATL CB

7.10 McDonald, Ray SFO DT

8.03 Scobee, Josh JAC PK

Really? What is the name of that one. IDP leagues can be rather challenging. :bench:

Right now, I am in a Warroom league (DEFFA) with some pretty god guys, IDP league and it really makes you think things through a bunch.

I am reloading my DL over the last two years, all my guys either retired or simply dispappeared :wub:

I had pacman on my DB list so I had to go after something tangible to supplant that group, having already owned Mario Williams and Broderick Bunkley I went after Adams, then Chris Houston.

Check out the final result, what do you think?

1.03 Johnson, Calvin DET WR

2.03 Henry, Chris TEN RB

3.03 Olsen, Greg CHI TE

3.06 Adams, Gaines TBB DE

4.03 Smith, Troy BAL QB

7.10 McDonald, Ray SFO DT

8.03 Scobee, Josh JAC PK

wow great draft! Olsen in the 3rd was a nice deal. Chris Henry went in the 1st in my league and Ive seen him going earlier than you got him in others. CJ at #3 overall was sweet. T.Smith might have been had later. I probably would have gone after a LB if there were any at the spot you took Adams(maybe Harris from the Jets was there?) If Houston is starting in Atlanta he should have a lot of balls thrown his way especially playing opposite Hall, but i dont care much about CBs because the idp league im in awards 2 pts a tackle so im looking more at SSs.What about Rouse(GB) or Piscatelli(TB) I got both those guys really late and they could be in position to make a big impact for their teams . Also Paris Lenon will be detroits starting MLB and might be had on the ww right now, I think hes a solid pick up. If you are in need of DE help, Keisel is a guy that could probably be had and I thought this article was interesting......

http://www.fflivewire.com/Article.asp?ID=5152007sqk8082ql

wow great draft! Olsen in the 3rd was a nice deal. Chris Henry went in the 1st in my league and Ive seen him going earlier than you got him in others. CJ at #3 overall was sweet. T.Smith might have been had later. I probably would have gone after a LB if there were any at the spot you took Adams(maybe Harris from the Jets was there?) If Houston is starting in Atlanta he should have a lot of balls thrown his way especially playing opposite Hall, but i dont care much about CBs because the idp league im in awards 2 pts a tackle so im looking more at SSs.What about Rouse(GB) or Piscatelli(TB) I got both those guys really late and they could be in position to make a big impact for their teams

I have the luxury of being able to "target" positions for the most part.

CJ was actually 1.02 because the guy at that spot timed out...no kidding.... Still it was a true need pick for me as I lack any real star power at that position, and need more production there.

Henry was going to fall to me, the balance at RB across the league is good, and most people were targeting WR's which ar at a premium when you can start 4 :wub: Plus, they just take longer to develop. My investment in the likes of Parrish a few years back might finally yield results worth noting this year.

I already had Heath Miller, but needed another TE, I coveted Olsen.....

Adams was another need pick, but a want as well, since I only had Mario Williams ad Broderick Bunkely

LB for me is pretty well set with Keith Bullock, Jonathan Vilma, Donnie Edwards and Adalius Thomas. But next year I will be investing in one to be certain.

This is how the DB/S thing unfolded....

3.01 Landry, LaRon WAS S

3.09 Hall, Leon CIN CB

4.08 Nelson, Reggie JAC S

4.11 Weddle, Eric SDC S

5.03 Piscitelli, Sabby TBB S

5.04 Griffin, Michael TEN S

5.09 Meriweather, Brandon NEP S

8.02 Atogwe, Oshiomogho STL S

I was rather pleased to have access to Houston at 6.03, and also wonder why he fell to me there, like...is there something I dont know :bench:

I have the luxury of being able to "target" positions for the most part.

CJ was actually 1.02 because the guy at that spot timed out...no kidding.... Still it was a true need pick for me as I lack any real star power at that position, and need more production there.

Henry was going to fall to me, the balance at RB across the league is good, and most people were targeting WR's which ar at a premium when you can start 4 :wub: Plus, they just take longer to develop. My investment in the likes of Parrish a few years back might finally yield results worth noting this year.

I already had Heath Miller, but needed another TE, I coveted Olsen.....

Adams was another need pick, but a want as well, since I only had Mario Williams ad Broderick Bunkely

LB for me is pretty well set with Keith Bullock, Jonathan Vilma, Donnie Edwards and Adalius Thomas. But next year I will be investing in one to be certain.

This is how the DB/S thing unfolded....

3.01 Landry, LaRon WAS S

3.09 Hall, Leon CIN CB

4.08 Nelson, Reggie JAC S

4.11 Weddle, Eric SDC S

5.03 Piscitelli, Sabby TBB S

5.04 Griffin, Michael TEN S

5.09 Meriweather, Brandon NEP S

8.02 Atogwe, Oshiomogho STL S

I was rather pleased to have access to Houston at 6.03, and also wonder why he fell to me there, like...is there something I dont know :bench:

see modified post. If DE is a need try and get Keisel

Interesting read on Keisel.

I am allowed two FA moves between the draft and first game. I might just dump Bunkley(he is no really worth starting) an perhaps go after this cat. If he is beingused like that he will likely either be a production monster, or simply a trick-play-distraction-type...but still worth the risk

I was rather pleased to have access to Houston at 6.03, and also wonder why he fell to me there, like...is there something I dont know :sleep:

I probably would have gone Rouse as I think he will get a chance to start in GB as a SS. If you were set on taking a CB I might have gone Revis. Hes going to get a lot of work lining up against some of the best wrs in the AFC this year and will be tested often imo. I think he will also be the Jets punt returner replacing Leon Washington. The Jets have a pretty smart combo in Mangini and Tannembaum, and they liked him enough to move up 11 spots to grab him, so why shouldnt I? Theres no telling who might be the best CB in the draft though, it could just as easily be Houston

I probably would have gone Rouse as I think he will get a chance to start in GB as a SS. If you were set on taking a CB I might have gone Revis. Hes going to get a lot of work lining up against some of the best wrs in the AFC this year and will be tested often imo. I think he will also be the Jets punt returner replacing Leon Washington. The Jets have a pretty smart combo in Mangini and Tannembaum, and they liked him enough to move up 11 spots to grab him, so why shouldnt I? Theres no telling who might be the best CB in the draft though, it could just as easily be Houston

It's unlikely I will start Houston this year, but if I need him I will. With Roy Williams and Troy Polumalo, and also Antrel Rolle, I can afford to see what develops. Hopefully that idiot Pacman comes back and stops screwing his life, and my team, up....

Sloracer gets his pick chosen by Jocstrap for holding up the board - - RB Fred Lane :mellow:

Where are you boy :mellow:

Sloracer gets his pick chosen by Jocstrap for holding up the board - - RB Fred Lane :mellow:

Where are you boy :mellow:

Let Moz pick for him, since he liked to prospect on worn out cripples, I guess he give the guy Ahman Green :mellow:

Let Moz pick for him, since he liked to prospect on worn out cripples, I guess he give the guy Ahman Green :mellow:

FOCK OFF RAY RAY ! :mellow:

leave my cripples alone damn you

I am taking green shortly thank you for reminding me 

:mellow:

Nice pick sloracer, i was wondering when he would go

if kutulu and hellothere just show up in the next few minutes we can go in to rd 3

Nice pick sloracer, i was wondering when he would go

I was surprised Clinton and Henry went b4 him.... (with their chronic injuries)

Did Sing really make that pick last focking night???? MOZ CALL ME NEXT TIME, you still have my number from the draft last year right???? :dunno:

I'm here my peeple.... I didn't think we'd even have DuHa in by now...

Don't blame someone else :lol:

Get it together man :dunno:

Don't blame someone else :cry:

Get it together man :lol:

No sh!t - took SLOpacer 23 focking hours. :banana: :wall: Picks in now though :dunno:

what r the chances we will see another pick tonight?

:dunno:

:lol:

:banana: