Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Is it this way in other places, or just Houston

So, for the 2nd time, I'm flipping through the channels and the George Lopez show is entirely in Spanish. It'd been that way the last time I did this but I thought 1) Must just be a segment they're doing and 2) Who the ###### watches this show anyway?

Then, it happened again last night. Then, after that craptastic show, they had some Latin awards show. (I'm pretty sure they gave a lifetime achievement award to the inventor of the leaf-blower) And it's entirely in Spanish too!

It's ABC! - You know, The AMERICAN Broadcasting Company! WTF?

- Just a glimpse into our future I fear. Anybody who's ever had to do business in Quebec knows full well the impending future of the U.S. Every communication with the Province has to be in both French and English. Every Advertisement & other documents do too. And, If you want to talk to a government employee, you'd damn sure Parlez Vu Francais. Think it won't happen here? It's already started.

I know there's a lot of arguments on both sides of the wetback issue. But the one thing that either bonds or destroys a country is a common language. Look at how many times the Quebecers have tried to seceede from their own country.

and last- the wife on George Lopez is focking hot! :mad:

ETA: Here's my favorite part: The voice speaking Spanish on the GL show? ISN'T George Lopez! The wetback who :sleep: that his show was cancelled because it was a "Latina" show, is too focking stupid to speak Spanish. The 'latina' version of his show, has an entirely different guy speaking!

- Hilarious. Guess he only pulls that "latina" shiit when it's convenient. Maybe Lopez and Mencia can tour together. Call it the Faux Beaner Tour.

Move a little farther north, there are still places that haven't gotten on their knees for messicans.

So, for the 2nd time, I'm flipping through the channels and the George Lopez show is entirely in Spanish. It'd been that way the last time I did this but I thought 1) Must just be a segment they're doing and 2) Who the ###### watches this show anyway?

Then, it happened again last night. Then, after that craptastic show, they had some Latin awards show. (I'm pretty sure they gave a lifetime achievement award to the inventor of the leaf-blower) And it's entirely in Spanish too!

It's ABC! - You know, The AMERICAN Broadcasting Company! WTF?

- Just a glimpse into our future I fear. Anybody who's ever had to do business in Quebec knows full well the impending future of the U.S. Every communication with the Province has to be in both French and English. Every Advertisement & other documents do too. And, If you want to talk to a government employee, you'd damn sure Parlez Vu Francais. Think it won't happen here? It's already started.

I know there's a lot of arguments on both sides of the wetback issue. But the one thing that either bonds or destroys a country is a common language. Look at how many times the Quebecers have tried to seceede from their own country.

and last- the wife on George Lopez is focking hot! :mad:

ETA: Here's my favorite part: The voice speaking Spanish on the GL show? ISN'T George Lopez! The wetback who :sleep: that his show was cancelled because it was a "Latina" show, is too focking stupid to speak Spanish. The 'latina' version of his show, has an entirely different guy speaking!

- Hilarious. Guess he only pulls that "latina" shiit when it's convenient. Maybe Lopez and Mencia can tour together. Call it the Faux Beaner Tour.

Why do you hate mexicans?

• Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo: "Believe me when I tell you this: The preservation of the English language is important for us for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is because it is what holds us together. ... Bilingual countries don't work, and we should not encourage it ."

I may have just found my candidate. :blink:

Us Colorado boys think alike. :D

This story reminds me of my frustration a couple of years ago when I went on a cruise that left from the port in Miami.

I'm in my cabin and wanted to catch up on some sports news, but instead of ESPN we only got ESPN Deportes. :D I mean, WTF?

This story reminds me of my frustration a couple of years ago when I went on a cruise that left from the port in Miami.

I'm in my cabin and wanted to catch up on some sports news, but instead of ESPN we only got ESPN Deportes. :blink: I mean, WTF?

What? You don't like soccer? :D

What? You don't like soccer? :thumbsup:

Actually, I do, but not as much as following NFL training camps in a language that I can understand. :banana:

I'm in my cabin and wanted to catch up on some sports news, but instead of ESPN we only got ESPN Deportes. :banana: I mean, WTF?

Taking over the United States is the Messican's ultimate

GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I'm sure you are the same guy who goes overseas and loudly complains:

"Dont anyone here speak American?!!!!!!!!"

1) Why would I do that in a foreign country (except Great Britain)? and

2) Actually, most Europeans speak English and several other languages on top of their own. All of our forefathers (except the British) came here and learned the language. Are they all somehow smarter than wetbacks?

3) I wouldn't travel to Mexico and expect the TV stations to be in English.

3) I wouldn't travel to Mexico and expect the TV stations to be in English.

who said they do? Face it, it's a growing demographic and that means $ for the networks. Plain and simple.

I'm sure you are the same guy who goes overseas and loudly complains:

"Dont anyone here speak American?!!!!!!!!"

So Americans go to another country and push for people to speak English, we're egomanical jackasses.

Messians come to America and push for people to speak Spanish, they're expressing the herritage.

:cheers:

So Americans go to another country and push for people to speak English, we're egomanical jackasses.

Messians come to America and push for people to speak Spanish, they're expressing the herritage.

:rolleyes:

Don't forget the flip-side; We're discriminating against them and subject to lawsuits if we don't pay higher taxes for bilingual education, supply bilingual governement employees and publications and pay higher prices for everything so vendors can offer bilingual services. :clap:

huh. wonder if that's how it works in Mexico? :huh: