Sign in to follow this  
rottytiny

Brandon Jacobs or Deangelo Williams?

Standard scoring league, no ppr.

I can keep Brandon Jacobs or Deangelo Williams, and they can be kept indefintely. Who do you think is the better keeper.

(other 2 keepers will be MJD and Benson)

Who's your choice, Thanks in advance.

for this year i'd like Jacobs since his situation won't be quite a 50/50 split like DeWil's will be in CAR...

however, at the end of this year Foster is either going to have to restructure or flat out get cut since he's on the books next year for $8 mil in cap space...

So unless Foster has a good year he may not even get offered an opp. to restructure which would leave DWil as the #1 guy if he can prove he can handle the load...

Jacobs should be good this year, with a little RBBC, but Droughns isn't going to be there forever either... i just don't know what to think of the Ahmad Bradshaw kid and if the "thunder and lightning" approach really is going to be revisited...

for this year i'd like Jacobs since his situation won't be quite a 50/50 split like DeWil's will be in CAR...

however, at the end of this year Foster is either going to have to restructure or flat out get cut since he's on the books next year for $8 mil in cap space...

So unless Foster has a good year he may not even get offered an opp. to restructure which would leave DWil as the #1 guy if he can prove he can handle the load...

Jacobs should be good this year, with a little RBBC, but Droughns isn't going to be there forever either... i just don't know what to think of the Ahmad Bradshaw kid and if the "thunder and lightning" approach really is going to be revisited...

:thumbsup: what he said. I like Jacobs this year for the simple reason he should get all the GL carries. I think DW is a better long term keeper though

Long term keeper I'm taking Williams. I think he has the potential to be a Brian Westbrook type of player (sooner rather than later too). DeShaun Foster has proven he's a turd.

I'm not a huge believer in Jacobs. Sure he looked great getting 5 carries per game and getting those 1 yard TDS, but I don't see him carrying a full workload, he's not a good WR which will limit his 3rd down carries, and he a much greater potential to get injured.

Just my $.02

I would keep MDJ, Jacobs AND Williams, and see if you can trade Benson.

Or, trade Benson and another back for 1 player, or draft picks.

I just don't like Benson at all. :pointstosky:

I would keep MDJ, Jacobs AND Williams, and see if you can trade Benson.

Or, trade Benson and another back for 1 player, or draft picks.

I just don't like Benson at all. :wall:

I'm in a similar situation where I need to decide between Benson and Williams and I'm leaning towards keeping Williams. I have a high 1st round pick so if nothing else, I could always grab Benson again in the 1st but I doubt Williams would be there that late in the 2nd. Stupid idea? I like Williams' long term value over Benson.

I just don't like Benson at all. :dunno:

Why not?

Benson is only 24 and he plays for a team which has always been somewhat run-oriented. If he can shoulder the workload of a full season, you'd think he'd be a great player to own. My only issue with Benson is his ADP is currently 2nd round, and that's just too early for me when it comes to an unproven player.

Williams is also unproven, but he's mired in that RBBC disaster in CAR. That'll eventually chance, but I'd rather keep Benson if I had a choice.

Once DeAngelo gets the starting job, there will be no looking back!