Sign in to follow this  
Let Da Big Dog Eat

Here's what my environmentalist son

Rings

As long as they are both happy, I don't care. Still kind of interesting. Prices seem kind of high for about an hours work and almost no material cost.

What I did find really funny about this tho is that they are in "no-where" Canada but offer many Hawaiian choices. Wonder if the environmentalists ever consider the "carbon footprint" of the shipping of the wood to Canada.

So, your "environmentalist" son and daughter-in-law (congrats) support the destruction of trees? :cry:

What, are you expecting environmentalists to be logical? :mad:

So, your "environmentalist" son and daughter-in-law (congrats) support the destruction of trees? :lol: Perhaps they should have exchanged Virtual Rings instead?

Actually, I was very pleased with this choice. For a long time, they were not going to exchange any type of rings (he will not wear one of any kind). But, he listened when I told him that a woman never forgets 1 second of her wedding and the most meaningful moment that will be etched in her mind forever is when he puts the ring on her finger. Nothing vs wood ring? :cry: :mad: :lol:

TY for the congrats.  His wife is totally adorable in every way.  And, no I will not post can size!  That's my DIL!

Dirty hippy chics have two kinds of cans.

A ) None. They have the chest of a seven year old boy.

or

B ) Massive hang downs that have never seen a bra.

There is no in-between.

And, no I will not post can size! That's my DIL!

what were they when she was just some broad banging your son ?

:cheers:

Rings

Prices seem kind of high for about an hours work and almost no material cost.

Simpler, single wood rings will be in the range of $260 to $280.

A ring with a single inlaid band, a featured knot or a ring with a liner would start at $290.

More complex designs will be priced accordingly.

That's not too horrible, all things considered.

My only question would be how do they hold up? My "metal" ring is scratched and pretty much banged up all to hell.

What, are you expecting environmentalists to be logical? :blink:

Trees have been known to grow back.

So, your "environmentalist" son and daughter-in-law (congrats) support the destruction of trees?

the wood we use is from blow down and bug killed trees on our 50 acres.

Link

There are lots of possibilities for this style of Touch Wood Ring. Your wood ring can be crafted from something that has a special memory for you . . All kinds of things can be used to create the main wood ring. David can use a sliver of wood from your grandfather's pitchfork handle or a bit of wood from your mother's old wooden spoon. You might also consider having just a plain wooden band created from some special piece of wood in memory or celebration of someone you love. It is not necessary to incorporate the center band.

If you are thinking about adding a center band, you might want a think about a few words on a strip of paper from a handwritten letter, a bit of sand from a special beach, even strands of hair can be incorporated as an inset band in our wood rings.

I was thinking more like some teeth or fingernails from my dead loved ones. :shocking:

I'd wear one but I don't see how by purchasing a wooden ring you are saving the environment. He should have gone panning for gold for a million days in a row and had the gold melted down into a ring. That would be environmentally friendly or at least be saving a tree or two.

ETA- I did no research on the wooden rings. For all I know they are taking driftwood and hand carving those suckers. If that's the case I guess it would be pretty friendly to the environment.

the kids smart, saved a lot of money. Gotta give him that

That's not too horrible, all things considered.

My only question would be how do they hold up? My "metal" ring is scratched and pretty much banged up all to hell.

I bet it doesn't hold up very well as a bottle opener either.

"the wood we use is from blow down and bug killed trees on our 50 acres."

Personally I think these people are total BS artists but I would never tell my son that.

I simply do not believe they would have all the varieties of wood on 50 acres let alone all those varieties from DEAD trees.  Moreover, they offer woods indigenous to Hawaii when they live in Canada.

"the wood we use is from blow down and bug killed trees on our 50 acres."

Personally I think these people are total BS artists but I would never tell my son that.

I simply do not believe they would have all the varieties of wood on 50 acres let alone all those varieties from DEAD trees.  Moreover, they offer woods indigenous to Hawaii when they live in Canada.

How many rings do you think the sell and how many of those trees do you think they actually need? I don't necessarily see wooden rings in high demand flying off the shelves these days. :headbanger: