Sign in to follow this  
GobbleDog

Worst NFL team in 2007

Worst NFL team in 2007  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will lose the most games? ('06 W-L)

• Miami (6-10)
    • Cleveland (4-12)
    • Houston (6-10)
    • Oakland (2-14)
    • Washington (5-11)
    • Minnesota (6-10)
    • Detriot (3-13)
    • Tampa Bay (4-12)
    • Arizona (5-11)

Cleveland - came in 2nd place, but Charlie Fry is more experienced and they signed J Lewis in the off season. I expect some improvement out of Winslow and the rest of Cleveland. But apparently a lot of yall don't.

The clock is ticking on Crennel. A lot of changes in the running game, on the line, and with the QB, but not sure if they're enough to turn the ship around.

Minnesota - they have no big names on the team, but I think they're a little bit under-rated. (MIN D finished 3rd in my league)

Someone needs to tell me again how they're going to move the football and/or score. My prediction for the worst team. I'm not seeing it right now.

The Falcons deserve to be on this poll as well.

I think Miami will contend for the playoffs in '07. :D

Assuming of course that Trent Green doesn't get his brains splattered.

Trent Green is toast and another waste of draf picks and money in the long line of poor QB choices this team has made in the past 5-6 years.

The Dolphins will finish last in the AFC East, and frankly I think they'll certainly compete for the #1 pick in '08. So you got that going for you. :dunno:

Trent Green is toast and another waste of draf picks and money in the long line of poor QB choices this team has made in the past 5-6 years.

I think yall are writing off Trent Green a little too quickly. He had a concussion, not a mangled rotator cuff.

As long as he stays on his feet, I expect similar production as he had in his hay-days at KC. Conservatively 3,500 passing yards and 20 TDs.

I think yall are writing off Trent Green a little too quickly. He had a concussion, not a mangled rotator cuff.

As long as he stays on his feet, I expect similar production as he had in his hay-days at KC. Conservatively 3,500 passing yards and 20 TDs.

Agreed!

Its not just the conscussion (although that certainly doesn't help), it's also that he is 38 and was starting to regress prior to getting his bell rung. He started to not look like the same QB once the KC line went into decline and Miami's o-line is quite porous and he has no mobility left in him. I don't see Trent finishing the year or really putting up any big numbers. He looked like total ass after coming back last season. He's a class act so I don't really want to root against him, but I wouldn't want my fantasy team or my NFL team relying on a declining aging QB coming off a serious head injury.

Trent Jason Green

born: 07/09/1970 = 36 years old, about to turn 37.

2003 Kansas City Chiefs 16 16 523 330 63.1 4039 7.72 67 24 12 20/130 54 8 92.6

2004 Kansas City Chiefs 16 16 556 369 66.4 4591 8.26 70 27 17 32/227 59 9 95.2

2005 Kansas City Chiefs 16 16 507 317 62.5 4014 7.92 60 17 10 32/204 51 11 90.1

I agree with the Trent Green supporters. I think people lost confidence in him because he played so badly against the Colts in the playoffs, but I don't hold it against him because no one ever plays well after missing a ton of playing time and then coming back just for the playoffs. (See Byron Leftwich two years ago.) This guy is five times as good as anyone the Dolphins had playing QB last year, and he knows the offense pretty well going in. I have more confidence in Green than I do in the guys he is throwing to.

I almost went Miami, but Raiders I don't believe did enough to address their pour offensive line in the off season thus far. True is a new coach, but still is a diseased organization. Simply waiting for Al to kick the bucket. But with no presense as to whom takes over in the end.

MN is a question. QB may be good, may be non existent

Miami is just such a question mark

Detroit you would hope could only improve.

Arizona, a case should be made, should not be on this list.

Atlanta, pending Ron Mexicos status, may need to one here.

I'll agree that it's baby steps. But when we're talking about who is going to be the worst team in the NFL, baby steps are significant. Any steps forward are likely to result in avoiding that dubious disctinction. If the discussion was about teams that have a chance to contend for the playoffs, then the standards would be higher.

I agree they have a ways to go. You'll note earlier in the thread that I predicted a 6-10 season. Is that a rose-colored prediction? I suppose it would look that way in contrast to GobbleDog's outlook, which is focused on Moss, Russell, coaching turnover (and the assumption that coaching turnover is bad), and a questionable opinion of the defense (which is a minority opinion). The Raiders certainly have plenty of hurdles to overcome still, but I think GobbleDog is barking up the wrong tree with his assessment.

Agree with all of this :dunno: I think you can look back to Miami a couple years ago when Saban came in and took over a team that was F'd up and expected to contend for the top pick in the draft. The coaching change alone brought in a change in attitude among the veterans and they were a suprise that season. Now you look at the staff that Kifin is replacing and the lack of discipline they had in Oakland last year and that has to be good for a few wins alone. They have a pretty decent defense and with Rhodes adding depth the running game should be effective. I see Oakland as 500 team this season. They could even sneak in a ninth win if it bounces in their favor.

When I'm looking for the worst record this year I'm leaning toward Cleveland and Houston to battle that out. I don't even think it really matters how much Quinn starts this season Cleveland has more issues than you can deal with in the short time Romeo is going to have. I don't think he survives the entire season. Houston is just clueless as an organization. I think Ahman will help for awhile but he probably won't last long and that is still a horrible offensive line and you have at this moment the most inexperienced QB in the league. Not good.

Dark horse for the top pick would be Washington. If things start off shaky in DC with Campbell it could get ugly real quick. I could see Snyder firing a hall of fame coach.