Sign in to follow this  
Striker99

Matt Leinart

One question: Can/will he be a reliable #1 QB for my team this year? With Boldin and Fitzy....how can't he be? Someone convince me I that i made the right pick picking him ahead of Eli, Delhomme, Cutler, Favre, or Romo (I'm not a big ROMO fan so don't get on my case for not picking him)

...start replying :mellow: thanks

--Strikes Again

<_<

Nah, no need for the sad face. Assuming this is a 12-teamer.

He's my starter in a 12-teamer too. You saw what he could do in college, and was at his best in the title games against the toughest competition. With the new offense in place, Edge, Fitzy and Boldin as weapons, and his first full year as the starter with all of the experience he had last year, he should be very servicable. :ninja:

Plus, with the talent you probably stockpiled by waiting on him, you should be just fine :mellow:

Here's hoping we both get a great year out of him :overhead:

Nah, no need for the sad face. Assuming this is a 12-teamer.

He's my starter in a 12-teamer too. You saw what he could do in college, and was at his best in the title games against the toughest competition. With the new offense in place, Edge, Fitzy and Boldin as weapons, and his first full year as the starter with all of the experience he had last year, he should be very servicable. :thumbsup:

Plus, with the talent you probably stockpiled by waiting on him, you should be just fine :pointstosky:

Here's hoping we both get a great year out of him :cheers:

It's a 12 teamer. I'm looking forward to seeing him go through a full season.

So we are talkin around 250 - 275 yards + 2-3 TD's + 1 INT a game right ?

It's a 12 teamer. I'm looking forward to seeing him go through a full season.

So we are talkin around 250 - 275 yards + 2-3 TD's + 1 INT a game right ?

Well I think they're bound to score plenty. Or at least a little better than the league average. So you're looking at about 3 TDs a game or so.

I'd assume that since they have such awesome BIG WRs on the outside, and teams will be loading up against Edge, that him learning to throw it up to Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarrett at USC will come to memory and he'll be able to utilize them.

I'd say 3300 yds, 21 TDs, 13 INTs maybe. But I suck at projections. :pointstosky:

I think he'll be lucky to average a mere 200 yards passing per game and 1 - 1.25 touchdowns per game. He reminds me of Chad Pennington but with not as good of decision making skills.

I think he'll be lucky to average a mere 200 yards passing per game and 1 - 1.25 touchdowns per game. He reminds me of Chad Pennington but with not as good of decision making skills.

Nah, he has a stronger arm than Pennington ever had.

Also, I'd trust Pennington as my starter with the same talent Leinart has any day of the week. Hell, he's decent with no one better than Coles and Cotchery.

He's got so many weapons at his disposal that he pretty much has to be at least serviceable as a starter.

That said, he parties way too much. If he put his mind to football instead of doing lines and f*cking dirty skanks like Paris Hilton, he would be 10 times better.

He's got so many weapons at his disposal that he pretty much has to be at least serviceable as a starter.

That said, he parties way too much. If he put his mind to football instead of doing lines and f*cking dirty skanks like Paris Hilton, he would be 10 times better.

Would you rather throw 22 TDs and sleep with some of the hottest women on earth, or spend every waking moment studying the playbook and throw 27?

That was rhetorical. :pointstosky:

Guest JahRasta311
Would you rather throw 22 TDs and sleep with some of the hottest women on earth, or spend every waking moment studying the playbook and throw 27?

That was rhetorical. :thumbsup:

Yea, it's rhetorical because Igotworms sleeps with guys.

That was rhetorical. :thumbsup:

If Leinart was a true competitor, he would realize that living life like you are on a permanent bender does not give him the best chance to win. <_<

If Leinart was a true competitor, he would realize that living life like you are on a permanent bender does not give him the best chance to win. <_<

Ah, c'mon. Lighten up. He's like 23 years old. I know I'd be like that when I'm 23 if I were him.

Granted, he's an NFL QB, but as long as his on field performance is solid, he can do what he wants in his spare time.

Heisman trophy. Top 10 draft pick. Solid rookie season.

I really see no problems so far.

Do you think the same thing about Tom Brady?

Really though, I'm guessing you took your screen name from the best comedy film of all time. Surely you can appreciate some fun. :thumbsup:

Guest JahRasta311

best comedy film of all time? not hardly.

I would think he will be a serviceable QB. He could be better than average. The coach claims that they will run more let's see it happen.

I would prefer Cutler or Romo.

One question: Can/will he be a reliable #1 QB for my team this year? With Boldin and Fitzy....how can't he be? Someone convince me I that i made the right pick picking him ahead of Eli, Delhomme, Cutler, Favre, or Romo (I'm not a big ROMO fan so don't get on my case for not picking him)

...start replying :pointstosky: thanks

--Strikes Again

With Boldin, Fitzgerald and Bryant against those other QBs' receivers (with possible exception of Romo), don't see how you went wrong.

Well I think they're bound to score plenty. Or at least a little better than the league average. So you're looking at about 3 TDs a game or so.

You guys realize that 3 TDs a game would give him 48, even at 2 per game that would give him 32. You may want to think about your projections a little, you'd probably be very surprised to see how many QBs actually throw over 30 TDs each season.

He's a QB2 this year. If he couldn't put up QB1 stats last year under Dennis Green (and yes, I know it was his rookie year), how is he going to do it with a coach that wants to run the ball allot more? Passing on Romo will be a big mistake. Better start looking to trade for a starting QB.

I think he's giving you a top 10 season. Ive gone on record saying Id expect top 5. He was a rookie last year, so Id throw out his bad performances. But he played enough to learn the difference in the speed of the game between college and pro. And he played a few games with Fitz either out or hurt. The biggest problem AZ has had over the last several seasons has been pitiful offensive line play. They brought in two coaches from the Steelers....a team with one of the league's best O lines over the past several seasons. This unit will be amongst the most improved in the league at any position, imo. And I really think Whisenhunt will want to run a more wide open attack then he was able to run while he was in Pittsburgh. But what they dont really have is a field stretcher. Boldin and Fitz are not burners. Edge is probably one of the slower starting RBs in the league. Bryant Johnson as a slot guy is not considered fast. They dont have a Holt/CJohnson/Harrison/Steve Smith type of outside presence to keep teams off the line. So, I dont look for alot of big plays down the field, but I do expect a ton of passing nonetheless. Its always tough for a young QB like Leinart to get any fantasy love until he actually delivers some #s. I like that you stepped outside of the box and took this chance. Youre going to be rewarded bigtime, imo. Id expect 4000 and 25plus scores.

I'd assume that since they have such awesome BIG WRs on the outside, and teams will be loading up against Edge, that him learning to throw it up to Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarrett at USC will come to memory and he'll be able to utilize them.

I'd say 3300 yds, 21 TDs, 13 INTs maybe. But I suck at projections. :thumbsdown:

Ya you suck...

3td's/game = 48 TDs over the course of the season... Not sure if those are rose colored glasses or flaming pink.

More like 200-250 yrds/gm, 1-2 TDs, 1.5 Ints.

Overall, ~3000 yrds, 20 TDs, 15 Ints.

Keeper/Dynasty... :lol:

Where would you rate Leinart in a Dynasty or Keeper league? Production wise, who can he be compared to?

Ah, c'mon. Lighten up. He's like 23 years old. I know I'd be like that when I'm 23 if I were him.

Granted, he's an NFL QB, but as long as his on field performance is solid, he can do what he wants in his spare time.

Really though, I'm guessing you took your screen name from the best comedy film of all time. Surely you can appreciate some fun. :headbanger:

Tom Brady didn't step up until he stopped partying at the Rack 3 times a week. He had to mature himself before he performed at a high level. When he was the starter, he put away childish things to win SBs.

Now his superpowered sperm on the otherhand, would require the use of a kryptonite condom to contain him...but that would kill him.

Ya you suck...

3td's/game = 48 TDs over the course of the season... Not sure if those are rose colored glasses or flaming pink.

250-300 Yards. 2 Td's. 1 INT

Ya you suck...

Then didn't we project basically the same thing? :doublethumbsup:

And no, trust me, I am by no means a Cardinals fan.

Colts and Cowboys baby, Colts and Cowboys.

and for the record, Romo is worthless in my mind. Speaking of guys who need to stop with the social scene a little...

Really though, I'm guessing you took your screen name from the best comedy film of all time. Surely you can appreciate some fun. :headbanger:

Look, I like to party as much as the next person. Probably more than the next person actually. But I am NOT a starting NFL quarterback. I am not being paid millions and millions of dollars to play in a game on Sunday. If I was, I would damn sure do whatever I needed to do to be the best damn quarterback I could be, and that would not include massive amounts of partying.

Spot on with the handle though. :doh:

He's a QB2 this year. If he couldn't put up QB1 stats last year under Dennis Green (and yes, I know it was his rookie year), how is he going to do it with a coach that wants to run the ball allot more? Passing on Romo will be a big mistake. Better start looking to trade for a starting QB.

You answered your own question.

It is pretty ridiculous to expect anything more than what he did, during he rookie season. It doesn't matter if Bill Walsh was his coach... He was a ROOKIE. A Rookie without a running game, nonetheless.

He will be better this year, regardless of the coach. They have a much improved O-Line, he also has one of the best sets on young WRs in the game, if not the best, at his disposal.

He will be better.

People like to argue against this point, just because he is Matt Leinart.

I don't particularly like the kid either, but I'm not going to not pick the guy for my fantasy team -- just because of the women he is with, or that he played for USC, or whatever else ridiculous reason that you people are subconsciously thinking.

That's it.

If he put his mind to football instead of doing lines and f*cking dirty skanks like Paris Hilton, he would be 10 times better.

I know he has been linked to drinking and partying with Hollywood skanks. But do you have any credible information that he has a cocaine problem? I have not heard any rumors or reports that Leinart has a drug problem. :ninja: Thanks.

The coke thing was pure conjecture on my part. :D

That was very bad conjecture <_< .

However, Matt does seem to be in a bit of a legal battle. Apparently the mother of his child is taking him to the cleaners. She still lives at home with her parents and apparently (I don't have a link for this) is rumored to be dating the ASU quarterback Rudy Carpenter.

So I guess Rudy will be raising Matt's child in Tempe while Matt is playing out in Glendale! :headbanger:

:headbanger:

You can make whatever faces you want..

However, if you think it is humorous to joke as if the man has a coke habit..

Then don't be surprised when you, yourself turns into the joke.

I think he'll throw for 5000 yards like Tommy Maddux did a few years ago. :D :banana: :banana:

He'll do pretty well. Realistic TD production would probably be 17-22 for the season. Yardage is relative to the offense. He could put up 3300 or more if both Fitz and Boldin stay healthy. They've got a new offense, made some good player moves in the off-season. Any team with two legit number 1 WR's is a threat. Edge needs to prove that he's not washed up after last season, but Leinart should do well.

And if he really is a coke-head....put him on defense. LT1 did pretty well all coked up!!! :headbanger: <_<

I think he will start off slow, but be pretty darn solid as the season goes on. He has awesome WR's, a good receiving RB and promising TE (Pope). I wouldn't mind having him.

You can make whatever faces you want..

However, if you think it is humorous to joke as if the man has a coke habit..

Then don't be surprised when you, yourself turns into the joke.

:nono:

:thumbsup: