Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Kitna 5000 yard season?

A writer from NFL.com recently visited the Lion's camp and interviewed Jon Kitna. Afterwards, he believes Jon Kitna could have a 5000 yard season. In addition Martz said Tatum Bell has the potiental to play the "Marshall Faulk" role in the offense. Your thoughts?

He'll throw for 5,000 yards, and the Lions will still be 3-13.

i sure as hell hope so, cause i just got stuck with him as my QB2 in our draft last night

:doublethumbsup:

i sure as hell hope so, cause i just got stuck with him as my QB2 in our draft last night

:doublethumbsup:

QB 2? Even if he doesn't come close to 5,000 yards, I think most people are probably going to be looking at him as a top 10 QB.

Pencil in Roy Williams for 2000 yards receiving. :mad:

I heard Brady Quinn was going to throw for 5,100 yards and 78 TDs (a little redheaded man in a green outfit told me)

I don't think 5K is reasonable, but maybe 4K. They will be behind and have to throw alot, Tatum is a good dump back but if he throws for 4K you can count on about 20 picks. he is really not as bad as everyone thinks. I think he will be top 10 this year but I don't know about top 5. Lots of people are used "like Marshall Faulk", not many people are Marshall Faulk. Tatum is not Faulk

Justin

3500 passing yards

1500 interception return yards

5000 is about right.

well, kitna did throw for 4200 yds last year. this is the second year in martz's system for most of the team and they've added calvin johnson. i think 5000 is unlikely but 4500 or so seems very possible. i think kitna will probably be right with the league leaders in yardage but have less td's and more int's if he stays healthy all year. which is a big if because martz's system tends to get qb's killed. the defense knows they're going to pass, he sends everyone out on routes, runs a lot of slow-developing plays where the qb is a sitting duck until the play develops and he can get rid of the ball. also, despite calvin's immense talent, it wouldn't shock me if he didn't come right in and start lighting it up for one reason or another.

well, kitna did throw for 4200 yds last year. this is the second year in martz's system for most of the team and they've added calvin johnson. i think 5000 is unlikely but 4500 or so seems very possible. i think kitna will probably be right with the league leaders in yardage but have less td's and more int's if he stays healthy all year. which is a big if because martz's system tends to get qb's killed. the defense knows they're going to pass, he sends everyone out on routes, runs a lot of slow-developing plays where the qb is a sitting duck until the play develops and he can get rid of the ball. also, despite calvin's immense talent, it wouldn't shock me if he didn't come right in and start lighting it up for one reason or another.

If he throws for 4,500 yards, he'll likely also break the NFL record for INT's in a season.

3500 passing yards

1500 interception return yards

5000 is about right.

Freaking hysterical! :shocking:

Hey as long as the intercepts and yards associated with them don't hurt your fantasy stats too much, why not take Kitna. Last year 4200 yards and what..around 21 TDs or so?

Unreasonable that one could expect 4000 yards and 26 TD's this year? I'll take that for my QB anytime. Especially one that can probably be drafted after the 7th round.

tommy maddox>kitna

In terms of legendary fftoday status I agree.

I can only hope that was what you were referring to.