Sign in to follow this  
Hurricane Ditka

***Official Week #1 College Football***

So this is what you do for fun, huh? Watch other people do stuff with their money?

Just you. You're the most entertaining type of gambler out there. Please hit. PLEASE HIT! :banana:

Then you say you'll parlay your winnings that never come and bet on the other games anyway, just as I said you would. Only three days into real football and you're already killing me, GR. :banana:

I'm going to enjoy watching you whine about losing to the bookies all season. :banana:

Just you. You're the most entertaining type of gambler out there. Please hit. PLEASE HIT! :banana:

Then you say you'll parlay your winnings that never come and bet on the other games anyway, just as I said you would. Only three days into real football and you're already killing me, GR. :banana:

I'm going to enjoy watching you whine about losing to the bookies all season. :banana:

That's sad. Quite sad. All those restraining orders females have on you must really give a lot of time to kill.

I'll lose money this season but I'll quit long before they get even half the money I won last year. And that'll apparently bother you a lot, knowing that no matter how bad I lose, I'll still be up big.

And for the record, I never said I wouldn't bet the late games if I lost the early game. I just said what I'd do with the winnings if it happened.

The half time line on the UTEP/ New Mexico game is UTEP +3-120 for the 2nd half............or New Mexico -3 EVEN

Not sure what to make of these numbers except you'd have a better deal if you took NewMexico here than at the beginning of the game. Usually that spells trouble though.

Utep has a way better kicker than New Mexico.

The half time line on the UTEP/ New Mexico game is UTEP +3-120 for the 2nd half............or New Mexico -3 EVEN

Not sure what to make of these numbers except you'd have a better deal if you took NewMexico here than at the beginning of the game. Usually that spells trouble though.

Utep has a way better kicker than New Mexico.

philly usually hits plays like this. He goes after the favorite in the 2nd half (whether he had them for the game or not) and ends up hitting them both.

philly usually hits plays like this. He goes after the favorite in the 2nd half (whether he had them for the game or not) and ends up hitting them both.

Yes, I think you're right. It just scares me that Vegas wants to hand a "good deal" to one side at half time. I'd have a tendancy to go the other way. The Total for the 2nd half is at 23.5. Looks like some excitement should start to happen here.

Yes, I think you're right. It just scares me that Vegas wants to hand a "good deal" to one side at half time. I'd have a tendancy to go the other way. The Total for the 2nd half is at 23.5. Looks like some excitement should start to happen here.

I just put a small play in on the under. Hopefully more of the same happens in the 2nd half. However, I need a New Mexico cover!

I don't think Sullivan can hit a field goal unless it's under 25 yards.

How many fvcking short plays can this team run without turning drives into points? This is the 3rd lengthy multi-play drive and they have 3 points to show for it...and we're barely into the 3rd quarter.

How many fvcking short plays can this team run without turning drives into points? This is the 3rd lengthy multi-play drive and they have 3 points to show for it...and we're barely into the 3rd quarter.

I don't know, but they better start cashing in pretty soon. The clock's running too fast for them.

Edit: This Lobos team must be the least creative offensive team in the league. Seems like almost every play they just rush up the middle. 4th quarter is upon us already. Gotta cash in some points real soon.

I don't know, but they better start cashing in pretty soon. The clock's running too fast for them.

This has to be the most conservative offense in NCAA. Hell, even Joe Pa's boys managed to put up a crapload of points today. Not saying UTEP is as bad as Fla Int'l but this is still shameful!

The QB is averaging 3.6 yards per attempt!!!

This has to be the most conservative offense in NCAA. Hell, even Joe Pa's boys managed to put up a crapload of points today. Not saying UTEP is as bad as Fla Int'l but this is still shameful!

The QB is averaging 3.6 yards per attempt!!!

And a 10 yard penalty just will kill a team like the Lobos. Since they have nothing in their attack arsenal.

And a 10 yard penalty just will kill a team like the Lobos. Since they have nothing in their attack arsenal.

Finally boots one through. I need 2 points to hit but at least a lot of you guys will get the push if nothing else happens (a distinct possibility).

This drive really takes the cake. Keep in mind: they started from the 50!!!

1st-10, 50 R. Ferguson rushed to the right for 5 yard gain

2nd-5, UTEP45 R. Ferguson rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain

3rd-1, UTEP41 R. Ferguson rushed up the middle for no gain

4th-1, UTEP41 D. Porterie rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain

1st-10, UTEP39 P. Baker rushed to the right for 4 yard gain

2nd-6, UTEP35 P. Baker rushed up the middle for 6 yard gain

1st-10, UTEP29 R. Ferguson rushed up the middle for 9 yard gain

2nd-1, UTEP20 R. Ferguson rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain

1st-10, UTEP17 P. Baker rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain

2nd-7, UTEP14 UNM committed 10 yard penalty

2nd-17, UTEP24 D. Porterie passed to M. Smith to the left for 2 yard gain

3rd-15, UTEP22 R. Ferguson rushed to the left for 1 yard loss

4th-16, UTEP23 J. Sullivan kicked a 40-yard field goal

so boring and uncreative............when they are pounding the ball they should mix in a playaction to throw them off or a end around..........i got this game at 3.5 and the friggen kicker is going to cost me

lets go new mexico

so boring and uncreative............when they are pounding the ball they should mix in a playaction to throw them off or a end around..........i got this game at 3.5 and the friggen kicker is going to cost me

lets go new mexico

Touchdown UTEP. And look at that: took no time at all. Perhaps this will wake NM up but they've wasted so much time, covering might be impossible.

Touchdown UTEP. And look at that: took no time at all. Perhaps this will wake NM up but they've wasted so much time, covering might be impossible.

:shocking: :banana:

:shocking: :banana:

You're a sad little douche. I almost want to hire a hooker for you so you can slap her around like you're known to do.

utep is trying to give them the game and they cant even take it

holy crap.......cmon cant even recover a fumble?????

utep is trying to give them the game and they cant even take it

holy crap.......cmon cant even recover a fumble?????

and being down by four shouldn't be so bad, but it seems like they're down by 40 with the offense they run.

well i know who to bet against next week lol

we will see

colt brennan has 342 yds passing already and still 11 min left in 2nd quarter... 35-0 Hawaii

good night all

NCAA 0-0

NFL 9-8 (-.5 units)

I just played my first 3 games of the season.

LSU, I agree that the early line looks like a favorable play even with LSU on the road. Many are picking LSU to be in the national title game and this could be the early statement to back it up. I think other than USC this team has the most talent on both sides of the ball in the country.

Head to Head: LSU are 9-1 ATS in their last 10 meetings.

LSU -18 (2 units) WINNER

Even though Iowa State finished last in the Big 12 North last season I think they are going to come out, at home, a step ahead of Kent State.

78% of the public is betting on Iowa State right now.

Iowa State -3.5 (1 unit) LOSER

I have no idea why Oregon State is not ranked in the top 25 coming into the season this year. I am going to start my own Yvenson Bernard Heisman watch right here, right now. Right now 77% of the betting public is on Oregon State and you can put me with the majority. This game is at Oregon State as well. I like this game to go 33-21 Beavers.

Oregon State -7 (2 units) WINNER

I think I am going to go with a play based off of last season. UL-Monroe was terrible and finished the season with like 7 straight losses to some pathetic teams. Tulsa on the other hand has a pretty solid running game and this line doesn't really scare me off. Tulsa is 11-3 ATS in their last 14 road games.

Tulsa -3 (3 units) WINNER

I really like the over 40.5 between Virginia Tech and East Carolina. NOT because I think this will be a close game I just don't want to lay -28 on a defensive team. East Carolina's starting QB is suspended and their starter hasn't thrown a college pass and he is going to Va Tech against that Defense in that House??? I think the Hoakies will stomp a mudhole in their azzes and be in mop up by the 3rd quarter. I like the total points best in this game.

Va Tech/East Carolina over 40.5 (4 units) FOCKING LOSER

I like UAB on the road against Michigan State. Michigan State has always been a tough gamble as they have been so up and down. Scores and Odds has the game favoring the Spartans by 13 so the 21.5 line has some value. UAB could just win this game period in my opinion.

UAB +21.5 (1 unit) LOSER

I think Washington State is set up to get just WHACKED at Wisconsin. WASU is 0-5 in the last few season openers and they return a few starters on offense including QB Alex Brink. Wisconsin on the other hand has a ton of expectation. For 14 points at home for a top 10 preseason team in the country against a team picked to finish 8th or 9th in the Pac 10 there is value with the Badgers.

Wisconsin -14 (2 units) WINNER

I personally think that UCLA can score 1,000 points this Saturday against Stanford. Maybe even that figure is low. I also expect some creativity from Jim Harbaugh the first year coach at Stanford and I look for this to be a fun game for some reason. I will take the Ovah!

UCLA/Stanford over 46.5 (2 units) WINNER

I looked at the Oklahoma game and I see that the Sooners are going to be missing their tailback. I see 41 points being offered to take North Texas. Truelly, the Sooners should beat N.Texas by as many points as they want to. I just think 41 points is worth looking at for the first game of the season and will give it a go.

North Texas +41 (1 unit) LOSER

I am an Illini fan and I am excited about the future for them. Until they show that they can compete I just don't believe in them. That being sain Missourri is not that much better, but I think they are better. This would be one that I would love to see Juice prove me wrong on.

Missourri -4 (1 unit) WINNER

Not a Husker fan even at home. Not a believer in Callahan and their new QB Keller was up and down at ASU. That all being said Nevada has to replace Rowe but I have been a huge fan of their offensive system. The Huskers should win at home but I like the points and Nevada.

Nevada +21.5 (1 unit) LOSS

I am going to go with a home play here and take Notre Dame at home as my bookie has this game at -1 and I like that value versus Georgia Tech. I was going to wait and see what kind of team the Irish will be this year but I think the home team is worth 1 unit.

Notre Dame -1 (1 unit) LOSS

I was looking at New Mexico as a play early but the problem is I haven't found enough good information on El Paso. At -3 I like the preseason forecast enough on New Mexico to make a play here. Plus Philly backed it.

New Mexico -3 (2 units) LOSER

Finally, and I hope to not add any more games but I can't resist on this game. I hate interstate rivalry games but I have long been a fan of Colorado's coach and ScoresandOdds has the Buffaloes as 12 point side. I am going to make this my biggest play of the weekend.

Colorado -2.5 (4 units) WINNNNNEEERRRRR!!!!!!!!

This one is a group play. That Cal/Tenn game last year had me so ticked off that I didn't play another Cal game all year. Hoping for some redemtion of my own and since we are almost all on this game, why not. I am a degenerate anyway.

Cal -6.5 (2 units) WINNER

A buddy of mine said this was his "play" of the day. And since he loses everything he touches I am going to take the opposite side, so it is a 100% winner for me!!

Iowa -12.5 (half unit) :thumbsup: WINNER

Miami -10 1st Half (2 units) WINNER

UCLA -10 1st Half (2 units) LOSER

West Virginia -14 1st Half (2 units) PUSHY

NFL 9-8 (-.5 unit)

NCAA 10-7-1 (+7.4 units)

My record wasn't great but most of my losses were smaller plays and I hit on some of the bigger ones. All in a great opening weekend for me taking away a nice profit. Hope everyone else did just as good.

HD is punching out for week #1. See you all in week 2.

NFL YTD: 0-0-0 0 units [/b]

Nice pick on BC philly. i wont even pretend that i know any thing about CFL. If you are ever in the Bay Area, I owe you dinner (lobster, prime rib, you name it).

Here are my picks for tomorrow...

WEST VIRGINIA/WEST MICHIGAN o56 2 units WIN

Too many key losses on defense for the Mountaineers. I am tempted to bet against public on W. Mich but cannot take a new QB this early in season, especially against WV's record ATS at home. Nevertheless, W. Mich should capitalize at least twice against a shaky D. Over is 7-1 in WV last 8 games on Turf. Over is 16-5 in WV last 21 home games. Over it is.

MARSHALL @ MIAMI FLORIDA -17.5 1 unit WIN

Marshall's special teams is going to give up at least a few quick FG's or scores. Their weak Def will not be able to stop the run of returning RB James. I worry about the half point, but still cannot find a reason to take Marshall against an underrated Miama FL D.

COLORADO ST +2.5 @ COLORADO 2 units LOSE

Lack of passing attack expected from Colorado again this year. Also, Colorado has been outscored in last quarter by more than 50% vs. opponents and also victim of 30+% more penalties. Colorado St will keep it close again this year and hopefully follow trend of underdog 10-1 ATS

TENNESSEE U @ CAL -6 2 units WIN

Revenge game at home against my Bears. Go Bears. I'm sure of it :thumbsup:

GEORGIA TECH + 1.5@ NOTRE DAME 2 units WIN

I would not be suprised if ND does not break .500 this year. I am tempted to take moneyline here.

WAKE FOREST +6 @ BOSTON COLLEGE 2 units LOSE

I believe WF will surprise again and they are hungry to get respect against a formidable BC team. They will cause more penalties with their misdirections, hard counts, and a wiser returning QB. Note: BC RB not at full strenght with hamstring injury and loss of LB Francois.

BAYLOR @ TCU -21 2 units WIN

TCU has been a fav of mine for past two years and I'll continue to ride them against a perennial loser

CONNECTICUT -4.5 @ DUKE 1 unit WIN

ARIZONA/BYU u46.5 1 unit WIN

HOUSTON @ OREGON -16 1 unit WIN

2H BOSTON COLLEGE/WAKE FOREST o23.5 1 unit WIN

ARIZONA +3.5 1 unit LOSE

CENTRAL FLORIDA +7.5 1 unit WIN

CENTRAL MICHIGAN +7.5 1 unit LOSE

TOLEDO +6 1 unit LOSE

KANSAS STATE +13.5 1 unit WIN

2H BYU/ARIZONA u21.5 1 unit WIN

NEW MEX -3.5 1 unitLOSE

SAN JOSE ST +16.5 1 unitLOSE

2H NEW MEXICO -3 2 unitsLOSE

ARKANSAS ST/TEXAS o24 1 unit LOSE

TROY +9.5 1 unitLOSE LOSE

2H AUBURN/ KANSAS S. u21 2 units LOSE

1H CALIFORNIA -3.5 1 unit WIN

2H CALIFORNIA -2 2 units WIN

Hey Everyone

Always lurked and occasionally posted on these threads...will try to be consistent and post my picks each week when they are in....

Here goes week 1

NCAA YTD 0-0

Subset 2 units or higher 0-0

Colorado -2.5 (2 units) WIN!

Missouri -5 (2 units) WIN!

Wake Forest +6 LOSS

Georgia Tech +1 WIN!

Arizona +4 LOSS

TCU -21 WIN!

New Mexico -3.5 (2 units) LOSS

Best of luck to everyone!

NCAA YTD 4-3 +2 units

Subset 2 units or higher 2-1 +2 units

Started off nice then evened out a little..still ahead! see you guys week 2

NCAA YTD: 5-3; +1.6 units

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 3-2; +.7 units

Subset: Halftime plays: 2-1; +2.0 units

CFL: 20-13; +15.1 units

Looks like my final card.

Saturday

All for 1 unit unless indicated otherwise. In time order....

College Early

Marshall (+17.5) LOSER

Colorado St (+2.5) for 3 units LOSER

Wyoming (+3) for 2 units WINNER

Georgia Tech (+1.5) for 2 units WINNER

Washington St (+14) LOSER

Stanford (+17) for 2 units LOSER

Wake Forest (+6) for 3 units LOSER

Northern Illinois (+12) for 2 units LOSER

Arizona (+4) for 3 units LOSER

Central Florida (+8) for 2 units WINNER

TCU (-21) WINNER

Night Games

Central Michigan (+7.5) for 3 units LOSER

Toledo (+6.5) for 3 units LOSER

UL Lafayette (+29) for 2 units WINNER

Troy (+23) for 2 units WINNER

Kansas St (+13) for 3 units WINNER

California (-6) for 2 units WINNER

New Mexico (-3.5) for 3 units LOSER

San Jose St (+15) for 2 units LOSER

Good luck to all.

A miserable day. No excuses. I sucked. Particularly frustrating was the close losses early by Col St and Wake For, and by the end of the day, some of the games weren't even close. Lot's of chalk covering today, and I was on the wrong end of that. Off to another slow start this year. Did I mention that I sucked?

On the day:

8-11; -12.6 units

2 units or higher: 7-9; -11.4 units

Season to date:

NCAA YTD: 13-14; -11.0 units

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 10-11; -10.7 units

0-2 Thursday night. Good to know today can't be any worse...well, unless I pick more than two games.

It's a marathon, not a sprint, so let's see if we can simply keep contact with the pack:

Cal -6.5

GT +1.5

Wyoming +4.5

All plays are for 1 unit.

Good luck to all!

3-0 day

College football YTD: 3-2

Might find a play on Clemson - FSU. Right now, I need to get after prep for my draft tomorrow night.

3-0 day

College football YTD: 3-2

Might find a play on Clemson - FSU. Right now, I need to get after prep for my draft tomorrow night.

JT, more or less following the same teams you do, I would have gone with the first two picks. But where did you get Wyoming from? Especially against a school like UVA that has been pulling top recruits?

NCAA YTD: 13-14; -11.0 units

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 10-11; -10.7 units

Sunday

CFL

(4:05 EST) Saskatchewan Rough Riders (-6) for 3 units LOSER

Short writeup. This is a battle of division leaders in Sask vs Winnipeg. However, Winnipeg has the advantage of playing more games vs it's own very weak division. While Winnipeg has the #1 offense in CFL in yardage, Sask leads the CFL in points scored per game. More importantly, Sask is ranked #1 in defense, allowing less than 16 points per game. I will lay the 6 or more points in this game.

Good luck to all.

Uh oh, phillybear is betting the "I need to get this in before I get my knees broke" CFL game without knowing the line.

My book doesn't release a line on CFL games until a few hours before game time. But that doesn't mean I don't know what the line will be. There is a thing called the internet.

I could lose 150 units, and then start to be a bit worried. I've built up my bankroll quite nicely, including sports other than football. So no worries about any knees being broken, but thanks for your concern.

Why the change in strategy, now that you're fishing on the Main Bored? Boredom? Change of pace?

My book doesn't release a line on CFL games until a few hours before game time. But that doesn't mean I don't know what the line will be. There is a thing called the internet.

I could lose 150 units, and then start to be a bit worried. I've built up my bankroll quite nicely, including sports other than football. So no worries about any knees being broken, but thanks for your concern.

Why the change in strategy, now that you're fishing on the Main Bored? Boredom? Change of pace?

Not fishing. You don't need to justify yourself to me. I've seen your results and believe me, if I were I gambler I'd carefully weigh my bets between Hurricane's and your own. One bad weekend does not a bettor make. You know that. :overhead:

Figured you'd like the joke as much as anyone.

Also, please don't disembowel my family.

Uh oh, phillybear is betting the "I need to get this in before I get my knees broke" CFL game without knowing the line.

I think you might possibly be the worst poster on here for fishing and making I GUESS sarcastic comments. Half the time the things you say are so out there it's not even remotely humorous.

JT, more or less following the same teams you do, I would have gone with the first two picks. But where did you get Wyoming from? Especially against a school like UVA that has been pulling top recruits?

Hey Chronic. I usually try to give some justification for my picks, but was pretty short of time last week. On top of that, coming off an 0-2 start, wasn't sure anybody would give a crap what I had to say. lol

Wyoming returned the core of a defense that ranked in the top 10 nationally. Their 2006 season was a little deceiving. They started slow, though lost to Air Force & Boise by 7 pts each. They finished winning 5 of 7, losing only to BYU & TCU.

Virginia is still only starting single-digit upper classmen. Their QB Sewell is, imo, awful. Had only 5 TD passes last year, and didn't look any more sure of himself when the season ended than when it began. Their WR corps is bad to start with, and lost their best guy to off season injury. How they won the games they won last year is a mystery to me.

Hey Chronic. I usually try to give some justification for my picks, but was pretty short of time last week. On top of that, coming off an 0-2 start, wasn't sure anybody would give a crap what I had to say. lol

Wyoming returned the core of a defense that ranked in the top 10 nationally. Their 2006 season was a little deceiving. They started slow, though lost to Air Force & Boise by 7 pts each. They finished winning 5 of 7, losing only to BYU & TCU.

Virginia is still only starting single-digit upper classmen. Their QB Sewell is, imo, awful. Had only 5 TD passes last year, and didn't look any more sure of himself when the season ended than when it began. Their WR corps is bad to start with, and lost their best guy to off season injury. How they won the games they won last year is a mystery to me.

You should have shared that reasoning with everyone when you put the pick in. Only guy to do it as far as I saw. These clowns could have used it.

Nice call. :overhead:

Man oh man, why did I put a late bet on New Mexico? That game was miserable...

My picks.

Georgia Tech (pick em) WINNER

Cal (-7) WINNER

New Mexico (-4) ugly LOSER

Could have been up 3 units, oh well, I'll take a profit of 1 though.

Anyone eyeing the FSU/Clemson game tomorrow night???

I'm mildly liking FSU (-3.5) today...

NCAA: 5-1 record +3.958 units

Texas Tech -8 1 unit to win .952 units

FSU -3 1 unit to win .952 units

FSU/Clemson under 45.5 1 unit to win .884 units