Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

The help master is here.

I am trying to work out a deal to get Steve Smith to start along with CJ or Randy Moss.

The other guy has Smith and Stallworth. I have CJ, R Moss, Driver, and Edwards. I want to get Smith. I'm not sure what's the best way to get Smith. Do I go CJ and Driver for Smith/Stall, or do I do Moss/Driver?

I am not sure what to make of my WR situation. Please help. Thansk.

I have a couple questions I'd love a hand with if you have a chance:

First, I have JP Losman and am trying to decide whether to hold onto him or pick up David Garrard. If they played the same schedule then Losman seems more likely to air it out and put up decent FF numbers, but the Bills schedule is absolutely brutal.

Also, I have LenDale White on my bench now (and Chris Brown isn't available on the wire). Do I give White another week or two or take a flier now on A. Peterson (Chicago version), Sammy Morris or Selvin Young? RBs are in very short supply in our league and my waiver slot is too late to get Ward, so Peterson, Morris and Young are the best options available. None of these guys will probably get as many carries as White over the next few weeks, but they all seem to have more upside and are playing behind backs who have some injury history.

Thanks for any thoughts.

First, I have JP Losman and am trying to decide whether to hold onto him or pick up David Garrard. If they played the same schedule then Losman seems more likely to air it out and put up decent FF numbers, but the Bills schedule is absolutely brutal.

Also, I have LenDale White on my bench now (and Chris Brown isn't available on the wire). Do I give White another week or two or take a flier now on A. Peterson (Chicago version), Sammy Morris or Selvin Young? RBs are in very short supply in our league and my waiver slot is too late to get Ward, so Peterson, Morris and Young are the best options available. None of these guys will probably get as many carries as White over the next few weeks, but they all seem to have more upside and are playing behind backs who have some injury history.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Go to the wire pickups on this site. Good info there

http://fftoday.com/articles/d%27arcangelis...he_wire_wk2.htm

Hi, thanks for your help.

Who would you start at RB between Maroney / Benson / Bell

and at WR between Coles / Galloway / Randle el

If you can get Clayton for Dayne.....jump on it! Same thing for Cotchery. I like Clayton better. I think the Ravens will eventually (within a year or two) get a system in place where they put up good numbers for fantasy. Clayton has every chance to be a top 15 wr. Cotchery will be #2 behind Coles in a system that isn't fantasy friendly. I think what we saw out of Cotch last year is about the best we'll see in that system. Santana would put up rediculous numbers if he was in Indy, StL, Caro...anywhere that would expose his talents. Unfortunatly in the lame Gibbs offense Moss is useless.

I definitly like the Clayton deal, the Cotch deal would work as well. My biggest question is why would anyone want Dayne?

I pulled the trigger on the deal. Thanks for the advice.

The other guy initiated the talks. It is a dynasty league where everyone is extra, extra RB hungry. The other guy has Ahman Green and wanted to shore up that spot apparently. He is ridiculously stacked at WR (S. Smith, CJ, R. Moss, Cotchery, Mark Clayton, R. Curry), so he didn't mind trading from strength. I look at it as something for nothing. Thanks again! :music_guitarred:

Thanks for all your info cane. I am still trying to deal Ahman for Housh, but it doesn't look good. He was offered Benson or Duece also. What do you think about trying to deal Ahman for Boldin? I am looking for a better #2 to team up with Evans. I have S. Moss, Curtis, Marshall and Clayton. Non PPR.

I am trying to work out a deal to get Steve Smith to start along with CJ or Randy Moss.

The other guy has Smith and Stallworth. I have CJ, R Moss, Driver, and Edwards. I want to get Smith. I'm not sure what's the best way to get Smith. Do I go CJ and Driver for Smith/Stall, or do I do Moss/Driver?

I am not sure what to make of my WR situation. Please help. Thansk.

I would start small.....offer up Moss for Smith straight up....then go to Moss/Edwards.....Moss/Driver. I wouldn't give up CJ for him. If CJ puts together consistant games he'll be at the top of the wr list this year. I love Steve Smith, but not enough to get rid of CJ.

You're sitting pretty good so it's not like you need Smith. Between Smith, CJ, Moss, Driver....they all have a chance to end the year top five, so don't give up too much to get Smith!

Thanks for all your info cane. I am still trying to deal Ahman for Housh, but it doesn't look good. He was offered Benson or Duece also. What do you think about trying to deal Ahman for Boldin? I am looking for a better #2 to team up with Evans. I have S. Moss, Curtis, Marshall and Clayton. Non PPR.

I like the prospects of Boldin this year. They are going to use him in a variety of ways this year. He and Fitz had bad games vs the Niners, but I expect them to bounce back.

It's going to be tough to sell Ahman for a top tier wr. Most people think Ahman is washed up and won't part with a stud wr. You'll prolly have to package a deal to pull in a wr of Boldins caliber.

I pulled the trigger on the deal. Thanks for the advice.

The other guy initiated the talks. It is a dynasty league where everyone is extra, extra RB hungry. The other guy has Ahman Green and wanted to shore up that spot apparently. He is ridiculously stacked at WR (S. Smith, CJ, R. Moss, Cotchery, Mark Clayton, R. Curry), so he didn't mind trading from strength. I look at it as something for nothing. Thanks again! :pointstosky:

Good job on the trade. If you would have waited.....you may have gotten nothing for Dayne. Clayton has every chance to be a very good wr. His ankle wasn't 100% Monday I think that is why he didn't get the start. He'll be fine, definitly an upgrade for your team.

Hi, thanks for your help.

Who would you start at RB between Maroney / Benson / Bell

and at WR between Coles / Galloway / Randle el

Go with Coles. Clemons has had enought time with the first teamers, so I don't think the Jets will shorten up their playbook or run any more with Clemons running the offense. That is assuming Pennington doesnt' play.

Stay with Maroney even vs the Bolts. Maroney is in an offense that you can't stop. He'll get plenty of opportunities. Bell is playing a very good defense in Minnesota and I'm not a believer in him anyway. Benson just isn't good. Expect Peterson to continue to get alot of carries.

Hello,

Should I start Maroney or Barber III this week?

Also, should I trade Driver for Bulger? My QB's are Young and Favre and my WR's are Galloway, J. Walker, Evans, and Stallworth.

Thanks !!

Thanks for any thoughts.

Hang onto Losman. I think he's gonna have some very good games. He has great wr's at making things happen. A five yard pass to Evans, Parrish, Reed....can turn into a 70 yard TD in a heartbeat! The more experience Lynch gets the more valuable Losman will become. Garrard has no weaons outside of MJD and Taylor.

With your other options on Lendale White, you are best off to stay with White. He had some good carries vs Jax. Brown always gets hurt. Brown was the starter last year.....he went down and Travis Henry came in and ran for 1200+. Stick with White for now and see how he progresses.

I need a little help on who to start on defense this week.

I have Miami

these are the teams available in my league on waivers

cincinati

minnesota

indy

carolina.....etc

any help would be nice

one more question

in my league we can start 2 wr...i have deion branch, andre johnson, and chris chambers...i know i will start johnson but should i start one of the others or drop them and try to pick up a waiver.....ie williams....welker....d. henderson.....jones with gb.

thank you for your help

whoops. you missed mine....

i have jon kitna and alex smith as my QB's. last week i went with smith (despite your good advise) and i payed for it.

this week:

kitna vs MINN

or

smith @ STL

btw... i have the minnesota defense.

also who do you like this week between edge and portis, with portis @ Seattle and edge vs Philly?

thanks cuse

I've been offered Drew Brees straight up for Donovan McNabb.

Should I pull the trigger or keep McNabb?

Please Help

Pull the trigger!! I really like McNabb (former Cuse guy), but his injuries are a humungus concern every year. He's a top five QB, but the Brees is and has better weapons. Brees ran the #1 offense in the league last year.

Take this deal and run!!

I need a little help on who to start on defense this week.

I have Miami

these are the teams available in my league on waivers

cincinati

minnesota

indy

carolina.....etc

any help would be nice

Yikes.....anyone against Dallas is a bad match-up!!

Minnesota looked great last week, but this week they're at Detroit....stay away!!

It's close between the other three, but I would take Cinci vs Cleveland. Expect Quinn to come in during the third quarter and lead the team to a TD, but that will be the only bright spot for the team. Cinci should be a nice start this weekend.

one more question

in my league we can start 2 wr...i have deion branch, andre johnson, and chris chambers...i know i will start johnson but should i start one of the others or drop them and try to pick up a waiver.....ie williams....welker....d. henderson.....jones with gb.

thank you for your help

Which Williams?

I would start Chambers. If Newman is out again Miami ought to be able to throw against the Cowboys. Chambers had a decent game last week and I think he'll do better this week. I don't know what happened to Branch last week, but I wouldn't start him until we find out?! He had 0 catches and only 3 passes were thrown his way.....that is disturbing!

Thanks for the advice....I just traded away Chris Brown and Tatum Bell to the Jacobs owner for Lee Evans.

The nice thing is, I think it's actually somewhat of a fair trade because of his situation. Tatum/Brown can tide him over until Jacobs returns, and Brown might even be a long term option if he can stay healthy (at least, this is how I sold it). In the meantime, I will hopefully enjoy a top 10 receiver as my 3rd wideout.

I love 2 for 1 trades, because now I can pick up another receiver too.

Thanks! :music_guitarred:

whoops. you missed mine....

i have jon kitna and alex smith as my QB's. last week i went with smith (despite your good advise) and i payed for it.

this week:

kitna vs MINN

or

smith @ STL

btw... i have the minnesota defense.

also who do you like this week between edge and portis, with portis @ Seattle and edge vs Philly?

thanks cuse

Portis vs James. I'm very high on James this year. Whisenhunt is a run first guy and adding a fullback will only help James. He ought to do well no matter who the Cards play. The better Leinart gets....the better James will be. Portis has a been a favorite of mine since his Miami days, but until we see him put together a few games of consistant productivity I would let him sit. Once he's healthy and resumes his role as the feature back you'll have a tough decision or great trade material.

I'd go with Kitna again. Minnesota looked good....check that, Joey Harrington made Minnesota look good. I like Minnesota's D, but I really like Detroits offense! You can expect another couple of TD's out of Kitna again this week. Roy, CJ2, Furrey and McDonald are too much to cover! If KJ gets back into action.....playoffs!! Go with Kitna until he gives you a reason not to!

The worst thing that can happen is having your D go against your QB! If possible I would try to get a different D this week.

Thanks for the advice....I just traded away Chris Brown and Tatum Bell to the Jacobs owner for Lee Evans.

The nice thing is, I think it's actually somewhat of a fair trade because of his situation. Tatum/Brown can tide him over until Jacobs returns, and Brown might even be a long term option if he can stay healthy (at least, this is how I sold it). In the meantime, I will hopefully enjoy a top 10 receiver as my 3rd wideout.

I love 2 for 1 trades, because now I can pick up another receiver too.

Thanks! :music_guitarred:

If you are set at wr, keep an eye on Laurent Robinson of the Falcons. Petrino loves to throw. White and Jenkins have had plenty of chances and blew them. Last year they were the worst receiving tandem in the league as far as catches vs being targeted.....caught less than 48% of the passes thrown their way. Robinson got the start last week. If Joey can get the ball to him, he could light it up!!

I'm not saying to pick him up right now, but watch his progress.....I really think by the end of the year he will be a solid #3 starter for fantasy.

Cuse,

What do you think of a Chester for KJones offer? I have Chester, and I want Jones in a PPR. The question marks to me are - will Peterson take over as feature back in Minn? and will Jones return to full strength sooner rather than later?

FYI, this owner has Jacobs (different league from before) so he could use a RB that's actually receiving playing time.

What do you think?

Cuse you've been a great help, keep it up!

I know i shouldn't give up on Dallas D, but i'm worried about the loss of Ferguson and if Newman's foot will ever be 100% this year. Oakland and Indy D's are available. I'm not sure i trust Indy yet, but Oakland has some nice match-ups against turnover prone offenses. Oakland worth a shot for the year?

Also, who do like better for the year MJD or MB III. MJD has some nice match-ups. He seems like their offense.

Third question, Do you like Evans or Boldin for the year?

I live in the 'cuse... help me out:

PPR league, 10 teams.

Trade S.Jax/Turner/Henderson for McGahee/Wayne?

Cuse,

Which RB do I start with Westbrook: L. Jordan, Brandon Jackson, J. Jones, L. Betts, Cadillac?

Which QB should I start: Leinart, Schaub or take a shot with Culpepper?

Thanks!

Cuse9,

I was offered a trade and would like your input. It is a 12 team league that's scoring is pretty typical. A bit of a priority on defence, but there I'm covered. Anyway, here is the trade:

I get: McGahee, Andre Johnson, and Matt Leinart

I would give: Big Ben, Fitz, and Adrian Peterson

My team currently is:

QB: Big Ben, Phillip Rivers

RB: Joseph Addai, Deuce McAllister, Adrian Peterson, Micheal Turner, and Chris Brown

WR: Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Braylon Edwards, Jacoby Jones

TE: Jason Whitten

K: Jeff Wilkens

D: Philly, Green Bay

I could probably make the same trade, but I'd offer Deuce instead of Peterson.

How about a bonus quesiton of which D would you start? Philly is at home against Washington and GB is on the road against the Giants (probably no Eli).

Cuse9 loving the work

i just picke up pittman in a PPR league and I thinking of puting him in the lineup. If cadillac is out than most likely puting him in the lineup.

so pick 2...B.Edwards(young Pitt secondary) vs. V.Jackson(could be a shootout) vs. M.Pittman(PPR & could start)

Hey Cuse - Thanks for the help in the past. Let me know what you think on this one.

I am thinking of making a trade that would include Brandon Marshall. I have to keep 2-5 players for next year and I got Marshall cheap (auction league, could be a good value for me next year). Will his numbers be comparable to my other bench receivers - Cotchery and Mark Clayton. I am going to try and not include him, but want to get some opinions on him for this year.

Do you think he continues to develop into a legit #2. Can he get close to 10 TD's? I would appreciate all your input.

Cuse,

What do you think of a Chester for KJones offer? I have Chester, and I want Jones in a PPR. The question marks to me are - will Peterson take over as feature back in Minn? and will Jones return to full strength sooner rather than later?

FYI, this owner has Jacobs (different league from before) so he could use a RB that's actually receiving playing time.

What do you think?

I would definitly rather have KJ over Chester. KJ is a good fit in Martz' offense. I think he'll take over as the #1 back in the offense when he is ready to go full speed. You just have to hope he stays healthy. Chester is a good back, but Adrian is a great back. As the season goes AP will take more and more carries from Chester. So, from the looks of it KJ will get more and more touches as the season goes and Chester will get less and less!

I don't know if the owner would go for the trade or not? Chester is banged up as well, so he might pass?!

As my # 3 receiver it's either Calvin Johnson Or Santonio Holmes......I think holmes is going to have a breakout year, and i think calvin is for real....calvin is facing the vikings- who have a great run defense, but the lions don't run..So i thought it'd be a good matchup, i was leaning towards starting calvin.....Holmes is facing the Bills- they're secondary is alright. But now I look on ESPN & Holmes for wk 2 is listed almost 15 spots higher than C.Johnson.? I started holmes wk 1 & it worked out fine (both scored 13 pts).

The league is scored by 6 pts for touchdown and 1 pt per 10 yards

Who do I start??

Also My team is:

QB Peyton Manning RB Rudi Johson RB Cadillac Williams RB Jerious Norwood RB Ladell Betts RB Selvin Young WR Terrell Owens WR Andre Johnson WR Calvin Johnson WR Santonio Holmes WR Jericho Cotchery WR Drew Bennet TE LJ Smith

I have been offered Lee Evans & Randy Mcmichael for Santonio Holmes & Ladell Betts

I don't really need betts & i think portis will make it through w/out injury.. Mcmichael is an upgrade over LJ Smith due to smiths injury......so it's really evans for holmes, which sounds great- evans is a great receiver, but as i said holmes is going to have a break out yr (last wk evans put up 0, holmes 13)........Is this a trade to take??????

Cuse you've been a great help, keep it up!

I know i shouldn't give up on Dallas D, but i'm worried about the loss of Ferguson and if Newman's foot will ever be 100% this year. Oakland and Indy D's are available. I'm not sure i trust Indy yet, but Oakland has some nice match-ups against turnover prone offenses. Oakland worth a shot for the year?

Also, who do like better for the year MJD or MB III. MJD has some nice match-ups. He seems like their offense.

Third question, Do you like Evans or Boldin for the year?

Oakland D plays Denver and San Diego twice and Indianapolis. That's it! While it looks good on paper, I think the other teams will light them up this year. Detroit isn't a great team and they lit them up! I look for alot of the teams on their schedule to do much of the same. I think their defense if very much overrated.

Indianaplis D looks legit. I've posted about Bob Sanders earlier. If he can stay on the field the defense is night and day different. He's the leader and the playmaker. They play a tough schedule, but if you get into the playoffs.....Oakland, Houston and Tennessee are their last three games!! I would definitly consider picking them up!!

Dallas should get their act together. Don't forget Phillips runs that team, he's responsible for getting the Chargers to where they're at. He will get their flaws fixed. Newman is a definite concern though! They aren't a good cover team anyway, so losing him doesn't help.

I would stick with Dallas, but if you have room, I'd pick up Indy and wait a few weeks and see who is doing better and boot the worse of the two. If you wait to pick up Indy and they have another week like they did week one....someone else will take them!

I live in the 'cuse... help me out:

PPR league, 10 teams.

Trade S.Jax/Turner/Henderson for McGahee/Wayne?

This one is tough. It comes down to Jackson or McGahee/Wayne. Henderson and Turner mean nothing in this deal.

It depends on the rest of your team. If you have two SOLID rb's and can give up Jackson to get McGahee and Wayne....then I would do it. However, if I owned Jackson and had wr's that were decent then there is noway I would give up Jackson.

It's a fair trade and this trade can only happen knowing what the teams rosters are. Just by numbers, the Wayne/McGahee side looks better, but I would want to know how it makes my team look with or without the players you would be getting.

Pick 1:

Calvin Johnson vs Minn

H. Ward vs Buffalo

S. Holmes vs Buffalo

For now you have to go with the favorite target. Hines Ward is Ben's reliable weapon. When in doubt, throw it to Hines! Calvin will get there and Santonio has a very bright future.

I'd go with Ward. Right now of the three he is the #1 option. He can do it all and he's consistant!!

How's it going Cuse? =) Did you have a good week one?

Anyways, I got a toughie for you. Should I start MJD against Atlanta, or Adrian Peterson against Detroit?

Also, do you think that I should go with the Jacksonville defense against Atlanta or the Cincinatti defense against the Browns?

Lastly, which kicker do you think has the best shot at doing great this week : : Stephen Gostkowski , Matt Stover, or Jeff Wilkins?

Thanx a bunch. And if you have a time crunch, you don't have to explain your reasoning in your picks. Thanx again Cuse!

Cuse,

Which RB do I start with Westbrook: L. Jordan, Brandon Jackson, J. Jones, L. Betts, Cadillac?

Which QB should I start: Leinart, Schaub or take a shot with Culpepper?

Thanks!

I'd take Jordan this week vs Denver. He can catch passes and should be able to get around 60 yds rushing. I don't think he'll have a stellar week, but he's better than the other options. Caddy may not even play, Betts will split with Portis again, B. Jackson should lose alot of carries to Morency this weekend.

Julius is the only guy I would consider over Lamont. I like Julius this year, but again, splitting time. Lamont is the full time starter and must put up good numbers by the time Rhodes gets back..so I expect that extra effort out of Jordan.

It's very close at QB. Leinart looks like the better option this week. Schuab seems to be in perfect timing with AJ which will be a very good thing, but match-ups are what I see seperating the two. Carolina has a great pass rush which could limit Schuabs opportunities this week. Leinart has so many options around him there isn't much Seattle can do to stop him!

In a close one I would take Leinart........CPepp isn't even an option.

How's it going Cuse? =) Did you have a good week one?

Anyways, I got a toughie for you. Should I start MJD against Atlanta, or Adrian Peterson against Detroit?

Also, do you think that I should go with the Jacksonville defense against Atlanta or the Cincinatti defense against the Browns?

Lastly, which kicker do you think has the best shot at doing great this week : : Stephen Gostkowski , Matt Stover, or Jeff Wilkins?

Thanx a bunch. And if you have a time crunch, you don't have to explain your reasoning in your picks. Thanx again Cuse!

Actually I had a great and lucky week one. I'm in five leagues and I went 5-0. I got lucky in in two leagues...I didn't score well, but neither did the team I played!!

First off, Peterson will make it easy to take him the rest of the year. The kid is dynomite. I have him in one league and will be starting him over Maroney this week. It doesn't take much of a hole and this kid is gone! In a few weeks he'll be a no brainer to start.

Cinci D no question. They looked very good vs Baltimore and the Ravens are better than Cleveland!

Seriously, kickers are impossible to predict! It's impossible to tell if they'll get the chance to kick five FG's or five extra points! I'd take Wilkins simply because they play the Niners and I think the Rams will score around 30....so he should get chances to score. Problem is the Rams may score 35 and Wilkins could get 5 xpts, while the Pats only get two FG's, giving Gostkowski 6 pts.

That is why I always say....all kickers suck! I always take the kicker who's team seems to score the most.

Standard scoring, 2 RBs start. Westbrook is my #1. Will D. Ward continue to produce vs. Green Bay, or should I stick w/ Maroney this week?

I got my ass handed to me last week, and I need to get a win, otherwise it's shaping up to a long, dismal season. Here's the rest of my team: Bulger, Fitz, Santonio Holmes, Vernon Davis, Mare, Jax DST. Last week was brutal...

Thanks for your help :doublethumbsup: