Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

The help master is here.

Would you start Braylon Edwards or Santonia Holmes as a WR #3 this week?(PPR leaugue) Also I have Gore and Brandon Jacobs in this week at RB but am also considering Ahman Green or maybe Marshawn Lynch over Jacobs just because of the matchups. What's your take?

Santonio Holmes for sure. The Steelers will open it up this year and from the sounds of it, it will fit Holmes style of play the best! He will be a no brainer by week five!

I understand your indecision on Jacobs....I have the same. The potential of what he can do is too good to sit. The closer we get to the season opener....the more I like this kid. Green should be fine start and Jacobs will be eventually. Even though the Cowgirls have a very good D I think Jacobs can post some good numbers.

Take Jacobs.

Help Master:

Starting recommendations for week 1? QB, RB, RB, W/T, W/T, W/T, K, DEF

Romo, Kitna

Alexander, The Edge, Brandon Jacobs, Ronnie Brown (I'm hoping to trade one of these for a WR eventually)

Branch, Chambers, Winslow, Shockey, Muhammad

Mare

Baltimore, Miami

Cuse - thanks. Thoughts on Ronnie Brown? I drafted him and I have a surplus of RB's, by hook or crook, I got `em (LJ, Henry, Brown, Benson, Norwood) but little to no WR1 (Coles, Bray Edwards, Chambers). I took a shot at trading Brown, to no avail, so now I want to know what you think of his chances this year and those of Henry and Benson, because short of the WW and some luck I'm trying to figure if I can use any of these guys (besides LJ) to get back a true WR1 (the one I should have drafted).

Thanks.

I'm not big on Ronnie Brown. Watch what happens the first few weeks with him. Chatman may get an extended amount of playing time. If Chatman really blows up....it may be over for Ronnie in Miami. However, Chatman may just get more PT because he is very familiar with Camerons system and once Brown understands all the ins and outs he will probably be the feature.

In any event, I don't like the scenerio for Brown right now. I think he'll be the every down back, but it may be mid season until he becomes a consistant fantasy option.

I'll go against the grain on this one....trade Larry Johnson for a top wr! I think LJ is in a terrible situation this year. You have enough depth at rb that you can make up for his absence. If you really need a wr you can get about anyone you want using LJ. You should be able to pull off a wr and a lower tier (ranked 20-25) for LJ.

Do not trade Norwood.....this kid is something else. If you trade him, you'll regret it!!

Help Master:

Starting recommendations for week 1? QB, RB, RB, W/T, W/T, W/T, K, DEF

Romo, Kitna

Alexander, The Edge, Brandon Jacobs, Ronnie Brown (I'm hoping to trade one of these for a WR eventually)

Branch, Chambers, Winslow, Shockey, Muhammad

Mare

Baltimore, Miami

Kitna in a close one. No Glenn for Romo hurts some and I think the Cowboys will run more effectively this year.

Alexander adn Edge....easy choices. While you have some quality rb's, those two just stand out.

Branch, Chambers, Winslow & Shockey. I'm not a fan of Muhammed, Grossman or the Bears playing SD this weekend.

Baltimore....even though they are playing Cinci...they have playmakers that can get you TD's, sacks, fumbles, int's..always play Baltimore!

Good luck.

Eli vs Dallas or Rivers at home vs. Bears

Im thinking ELI - Dallas and NY is usually a shootout.

Rivers should be decent vs. Chicago but Im also starting LT.

What do you think??

Choose 2

H. Ward

S. Holmes

C. Johnson

R. Moss

C. Johnson?? Chad or Calvin?

Ward for sure vs the Browns D.

If it's Chad....play him. If it's Calvin then play Moss. I think Holmes will be very good this year, but bench him this week.

Eli vs Dallas or Rivers at home vs. Bears

Im thinking ELI - Dallas and NY is usually a shootout.

Rivers should be decent vs. Chicago but Im also starting LT.

What do you think??

Tough one.

I'd take Eli due to his weapons. He also has a better chance of hitting a couple home runs. The Dallas will give up some big plays. Rivers is more hype than anything. Norv is a guy that likes to control the game. His rb's are fantasy animals, but his QB's usually are very average.

:banana:

yo cuse what up?

Heres my dilema

Choose 2 out of three RB for week one

Bush, Jacobs, Caddy

Choose 3 WR for week one

Driver, CJ, DJ Hackett, James Jones, Jacoby Jones

Thanks!

:headbanger:

Guest ramrock11

Why don't i like my draft?

This is what I ended up with.

QB Bulger,Shaub

RB-F Taylor, Shawn Alex, Henry,T.Jones Foster ( taylor and foster went in the 10th and 11th round)

Wr. Branch, Bennent, Berriman, Walker, K.Colbert, Plax

K vinateri

Def- Baltimore

No real studs in any spot

Please give me a reason that I might be ok.

Thanks

yo cuse what up?

Heres my dilema

Choose 2 out of three RB for week one

Bush, Jacobs, Caddy

Choose 3 WR for week one

Driver, CJ, DJ Hackett, James Jones, Jacoby Jones

Thanks!

Running backs are easy. Reggie Bush and Brandon Jacobs. Caddy has an awful year last year and his line still isn't that good. Stovall has faultered, Boston is passing out at intersectins, Ike Hilliard is 50....Joey is getting up there.....too much in the way of Caddy putting up a great year. He has one big thing on his side. Garcia! Jeff is mobile enough to create his own time and elude the blitz....this will probably prevent teams from stacking the line too much.

WR's. I'd go with your top three of Driver, CJ and Hackett. IF Driver is a nogo then insert James J. Jacoby has gotten alot of hype, but I don't know how big a factor he'll be receiving. He's gonna be a return stud for sure.

Good luck

Why don't i like my draft?

This is what I ended up with.

QB Bulger,Shaub

RB-F Taylor, Shawn Alex, Henry,T.Jones Foster ( taylor and foster went in the 10th and 11th round)

Wr. Branch, Bennent, Berriman, Walker, K.Colbert, Plax

K vinateri

Def- Baltimore

No real studs in any spot

Please give me a reason that I might be ok.

Thanks

Um....I don't know why you don't like your team? Bulger is very solid. I don't like Holt limping around, but hopefully he'll be fine after a few weeks. Alexander is a complete stud...disregard last year, he'll be in top form again this year. TJones is great, Henry (if he stays healthy) if great. Foster and Taylor are nice guys for a fourth and fifth back!

Walker, Plaxico and Branch are very good for a top three. If Holt misses a game or two then Bennett is gold. I'm not big on Berrian but he will have some great games.

The best kicker and top defense.

I feel like I've just been punked?! :banana: I don't know why you wouldn't like your team?

I could use some advice.

Do I go Rivers/Gates or Cutler/Marshall

or forget the hookup thing and just go Cutler and Gates?

Thanks for any advice.

Marshall! I really like Clayton as well, but recently everything I've read about Marshall points to future star! They call him "Lil TO" for his skills. He seems to have great timing with Cutler and since they're both young this could form into a great tandem for quite awhile!

Marshall for sure!

Thanks for the reply. That's why I picked Marshall.

BTW, nice reply about the cans to Slim Pickens. What is he thinking? Go somewhere else for that. We need all the ladies we can get. No need to scare them off.

We start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR, 1K, 1DEF...No PPR...12 team league

QB - Eli Manning, Favre

RB - SJax, Ronnie Brown, Peterson (minn), Betts, Morency, Davenport

WR - TO, Burress, Braylon Edwards, Derrick Mason, Crayton, Bryant Johnston

TE - Winslow

K - Stover

Def - Jax

What do you think of this? Thanks.

Need help with RB3....

Deuce vs Indy or Jordan vs Det.

Thanks in advance!

Close one, but I would take Deuce tonight! I think he'll find the endzone a few times. I think Lamont will have more yards, but no TD's.

I could use some advice.

Do I go Rivers/Gates or Cutler/Marshall

or forget the hookup thing and just go Cutler and Gates?

Thanks for any advice.

I'd go with Cutler and Gates. Eventually I think you'll want to go with Marshall over Gates, but for the first game I think we need to see how much they target Marshall. I still think Marshall is a good start, but since we know what we'll get out of Gates he's a safer start to begin the year.

I'd pass on Rivers this week.

We start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR, 1K, 1DEF...No PPR...12 team league

QB - Eli Manning, Favre

RB - SJax, Ronnie Brown, Peterson (minn), Betts, Morency, Davenport

WR - TO, Burress, Braylon Edwards, Derrick Mason, Crayton, Bryant Johnston

TE - Winslow

K - Stover

Def - Jax

What do you think of this? Thanks.

Good looking team! QB's are a little weak, but definitly potential to be productive. Jaxonville will be a great defense during our playoff run. Getting Morency may payoff to be your best pick. If he starts and becomes the full time feature back he could be super trade bait or allow you to move one of your other backs to upgrade QB or WR. Very good depth at RB with good potential in there.

Not real high on Mason this year. I think Williams will take that job from him. TO is great, Burress is streaky but very good when he wants to be. If Quinn comes in Edwards & Winslow stock rises. Crayton and Johnson only have value with an injury to the starters.

It's a very solid team. Good depth. You should do pretty well this year!!

Santonio Holmes for sure. The Steelers will open it up this year and from the sounds of it, it will fit Holmes style of play the best! He will be a no brainer by week five!

I understand your indecision on Jacobs....I have the same. The potential of what he can do is too good to sit. The closer we get to the season opener....the more I like this kid. Green should be fine start and Jacobs will be eventually. Even though the Cowgirls have a very good D I think Jacobs can post some good numbers.

Take Jacobs.

Thanks Cuse.

a d situation. we are a 14 team redraft & required to take 2 d's. i have g.b. and az. i'm not fond of either matchup this week. g.b vs. philly & az vs. 49ers. i'm thinking grabbing det. vs. oak. for the week. that looks like a better matchup for me. what say you?

hey cuse,

I made a trade at the start of the year that i am starting to kick myself over i gave up jacobs and vinny jackson for tatum and jevon walker.. what could i do with bell how much value does he have to trade this is what my wrs and rbs look like:

Starters

RB:Addai

RB:Bell

W/R:Brandon Jackson

WR:Walker

WR:Ocho

WR:Fitz

W/T:Holmes

Thanks man

Helpmaster:

Who do I start week one?

Kitna or Roethlisberger

McGahee or Duece

Bears D/ST or Dallas D/ST

Thanks in advance.

Go with Kitna....both he and Ben have nice options around them, but Kitna has the better chance to put up massive numbers due to the offense that he's in.

Little late on this one now, but McGahee would be the answer none the less. He will carry the complete load in Baltimore and they want to get the rb's involved in the passing game.

99 times out of 100 I'd say take the Bears. This time is no different. The Bolts are very good, but the Bears D is just too good to sit. Giants have the potential to put up points, so Dallas doesn't have it much easier.

a d situation. we are a 14 team redraft & required to take 2 d's. i have g.b. and az. i'm not fond of either matchup this week. g.b vs. philly & az vs. 49ers. i'm thinking grabbing det. vs. oak. for the week. that looks like a better matchup for me. what say you?

I think Zona will surprize this year and become a decent defense. With that, I would pick up the Lions. Oaklands offense is so bad it makes the Lions D look like a good choice. Packers and Cardinals are definitly better defenses, but Detroits match-up is superior this week!

PPR league (1 pt per reception)

RB 2: Jordan vs Det or Green vs KC

WR3: Driver vs Phi, Holmes @ Cle. or Crayton vs NYG

Thanks

I have a quandary this week at the QB position............who should I start at QB? Rivers, McNair, or Delhomme? I just can't decide. Thanks for your help.

I'm in a total of 3 leagues but can only post one of my teams in my signature. Here are my lineup decisions for the week from each league. Deuce already screwed me over from last night but oh well. Please help me out on these and I'll be sure to respond to your questions as well.

League 1:

WR: pick 2 - S. Holmes, Cotchery, V. Jackson, Ronald Curry (I'm leaning with the 1st 2...have Harrison also who already played)

League 2:

RB: pick 1 - Lamont Jordan and Thomas Jones (leaning towards Jordan against weak Detroit D over banged up Jones against the Pats)

WR: pick 3 - Fitz, L. Coles, S. Holmes, Patrick Crayton, Craig Davis

League 3:

WR: pick 1 - Reggie Brown, L. Coles, S. Holmes, Brandon Marshall (I'm leanign with Reggie Brown...have Wayne also who already played)

Help, master... :unsure:

With Crayton starting over an injured Terry Glenn, should I pick him up and start him over Vince Jackson (v. CHI) or Braylon Edwards (v. PIT)? Also, is it worth dumping Arnaz Battle for him if Glenn will only be out for two weeks?

Also, with the possibility of Shayne Graham being injured and playing against the Ravens, should I pick up another kicker? Joe Nedney seems to be the highest on the waiver wire. What say you?

Note: I would only pick up Nedney by dropping Battle, which means I wouldn't pick up Crayton. Which would be more important, the WR3 or the kicker situation?

Thanks for your help.

Having a tough decision in 1 league regarding which #2 WR to put next to Smith, what you think? No PPR in either league

WR-Lee Evans vs. Denver(tough matchup against Champ)

WR-Reggie Brown @ Green Bay

WR-Santonio Holmes @ Cleveland

And at my Flex who you like between the 2 WR's above you don't pick and the the following RBs

RB-Ronnie Brown @ Washington(Is my flex right now)

RB-Adrian Peterson vs. Atlanta

In my other league I have a dilemma with my #2 RB andflex position, which 1 of the following RBs do you take and who at Flex for who is left

MBII vs. Giants(currently #2 starting RB on my team)

La Mont Jordan vs. Detroit(currently have at the flex)

Marshawn Lynch vs. Denver

Brandon Jackson vs. Phi

Vincent Jackson vs. Chi

Joey Galloway @ Sea

Santonio Holmes @ Cle

I know its a lot of stuff so I appreciate any answers you give even if it isn't all of my questions. Thanks for your help here with everyone Cuse. We appreciate it.

hey cuse,

I made a trade at the start of the year that i am starting to kick myself over i gave up jacobs and vinny jackson for tatum and jevon walker.. what could i do with bell how much value does he have to trade this is what my wrs and rbs look like:

Starters

RB:Addai

RB:Bell

W/R:Brandon Jackson

WR:Walker

WR:Ocho

WR:Fitz

W/T:Holmes

Thanks man

Bells trade value is very little. He fumbles too much, he's with the Lions and he has Kevin Jones there to take his job.....if it's even "his" job?! Losing V. Jackson wasn't that big of a deal. I'm not buying into this guy being a breakout player. There is nothing in that offense that indicates he will be anything more than an average wr. I think due to LT and Gates being phenomenal players it falsely makes the Chargers players look like they are all standout fantasy performers while their not.

Walker is a top ten wr so it was good to snag him. IF Tatum holds down the job he may turn into a fantasy star in the Martz offense.

I don't think it was a bad trade by no means, more of a wait and see trade. I wouldn't worry about moving Bell....maybe try and obtain K. Jones just in case Bell doesn't keep the job. Team looks good, especially if he holds down the job!

PPR league (1 pt per reception)

RB 2: Jordan vs Det or Green vs KC

WR3: Driver vs Phi, Holmes @ Cle. or Crayton vs NYG

Thanks

I'm a Green fan over Jordan. I'm not sure if Kubiak will have Ahman getting the receptions that he got in Green Bay, but he'll definitly use him the way us fantasy owners like....alot and in all situations. There are better players around Green as well, which will help keep defenses more honest.

A couple of big IF's apply to your wr situation. If Driver plays he's in for sure....no question. If Driver is out and if Glenn is out go with Crayton....sheesh! This is the classic scenerio that fantasy owners hate. You'll have to tune into CBS, Fox, ESPN, NFLNetwork and check a slu of internet sites to try and catch the latest on the dreaded "gametime decision" players!!

*I have heard that Glenn will be out for two weeks, but I haven't seen anything solid yet....that makes Crayton a good play, but not better than Driver.

If any doubt going into the game I'd go with Crayton. If it sounds like Driver is a no go and Glenn is still iffy....you know Crayton will play. However, I fully expect Driver to play. He's a tough player and has played through injuries before so don't count him out unless you get solid info that says he's done.

As of right now: Ahman Green and Donald Driver

Having a tough decision in 1 league regarding which #2 WR to put next to Smith, what you think? No PPR in either league

WR-Lee Evans vs. Denver(tough matchup against Champ)

WR-Reggie Brown @ Green Bay

WR-Santonio Holmes @ Cleveland

And at my Flex who you like between the 2 WR's above you don't pick and the the following RBs

RB-Ronnie Brown @ Washington(Is my flex right now)

RB-Adrian Peterson vs. Atlanta

In my other league I have a dilemma with my #2 RB andflex position, which 1 of the following RBs do you take and who at Flex for who is left

MBII vs. Giants(currently #2 starting RB on my team)

La Mont Jordan vs. Detroit(currently have at the flex)

Marshawn Lynch vs. Denver

Brandon Jackson vs. Phi

Vincent Jackson vs. Chi

Joey Galloway @ Sea

Santonio Holmes @ Cle

I know its a lot of stuff so I appreciate any answers you give even if it isn't all of my questions. Thanks for your help here with everyone Cuse. We appreciate it.

Lee Evans for sure! His value is even higher in non ppr leagues. All it takes for him is three catches to have a great game! I really like Holmes, but I can see that game being over rather quick and his chances for touches to get reduced drastically in the second half. It doesn't matter who is covering Evans, like I said....it only takes about three catches and he'll post 100+ yds!

Flex spot: Close one here, Brown has had the scare of Chatman taking his job so he could go out and do some damage, then you have Peterson who will be a very good back for a long time. Basically it comes down to situations for these two. Brown will be the primary back and is a playing an average defense in Washington. With his experience I'd expect him to do quite well. Peterson will be playing a team that has alot to prove and he'll also split carries with Taylor (I assume).

Go with Ronnie in a close one!

For your second league, I agree with what you already have. Barber and Jordan. The only idea I would think about would be putting Holmes in for Jordan and hoping that Holmes has a big first half. But you're thinking along the same lines as me....stay with the rb for the flex and Barber as the #2.

Brandon Jackson, Vincent Jackson and Marshawn Lynch....I'd like to see them play a game before I play them and you have the team that will allow you to sit them a game or two to see how they do.

Which RB for my #2?

Running with McGahee as #1, but not sure if I should roll with Jacobs or MJD. Initially had Jacobs, but with a tough run def in DAL and an eaisier matchup in TEN I thought MJD might be a better option.

This is not a PPR league. Points for TD's, point bouns for length of TD's and points for yds start at 70yds (non-combined).

Help, master... :thumbsup:

With Crayton starting over an injured Terry Glenn, should I pick him up and start him over Vince Jackson (v. CHI) or Braylon Edwards (v. PIT)? Also, is it worth dumping Arnaz Battle for him if Glenn will only be out for two weeks?

Also, with the possibility of Shayne Graham being injured and playing against the Ravens, should I pick up another kicker? Joe Nedney seems to be the highest on the waiver wire. What say you?

Note: I would only pick up Nedney by dropping Battle, which means I wouldn't pick up Crayton. Which would be more important, the WR3 or the kicker situation?

Thanks for your help.

Yes I would start Crayton over Jackson or Edwards. Edwards has more talent than the other two, but they don't use him. This could be the opportunity Crayton has been waiting for. The opening day starter. He's got better intangibles than Glenn, so he may hold the job down even when Glenn comes back....I doubt it, but it's possble.

If you can wait until the last second....wait on the kicker thing. I'd pick Crayton up immediatley though. I assume Graham will end up kicking so don't waste a move on getting Nedney. Battle should have a pretty solid year though, sucks to drop him!

Which RB for my #2?

Running with McGahee as #1, but not sure if I should roll with Jacobs or MJD. Initially had Jacobs, but with a tough run def in DAL and an eaisier matchup in TEN I thought MJD might be a better option.

This is not a PPR league. Points for TD's, point bouns for length of TD's and points for yds start at 70yds (non-combined).

I've answered similar question to this one already.

I'll take the everydown workhorse over the in and out player. Jacobs will lug the ball in all situations the entire game. MJD will give way to Jones on TD's and Taylor for most running plays. MJD is an exciting player and can have great games, but his situation really limits him. In a league where you don't get ppr then MJD's value is even lower.

Go with Jacobs for sure.

Vince Young @ JAX or Big Ben @ CLE?

I'm on the Young Bandwagon, but this is a terrible match-up for him. I usually don't ask for advice, but this is a tough decision.

help master,

Who should I start with Westbrook? Lamont Jordan or Carnell Williams?

I have Leinart as my QB. I can pick up Schaub off of waivers. Should I dump Culpepper to get him? That was a very late round grab and I was hoping maybe he would do something.

I also would like to pick up Jacoby Jones and/or the Raiders D. But that would mean I would have to drop one of the following:

Culpepper

J. Jones

L. Betts

Brandon Jackson

Braylon Edwards

Berrian

D. Branch

Green Bay D/ST

So in short I'm asking should I drop any of these to pick up Schaub, Jacoby Jones, or Raiders D?

I'm in a total of 3 leagues but can only post one of my teams in my signature. Here are my lineup decisions for the week from each league. Deuce already screwed me over from last night but oh well. Please help me out on these and I'll be sure to respond to your questions as well.

League 1:

WR: pick 2 - S. Holmes, Cotchery, V. Jackson, Ronald Curry (I'm leaning with the 1st 2...have Harrison also who already played)

Santonio Holmes and Jericho Cotchery. However, I would like to say Curry based on match-ups. Curry is playing a very poor defense in Detroit and Cotchery plays a tough NE d. But I'd say go with the talent and experience of the Jets offense over the Raiders.

League 2:

RB: pick 1 - Lamont Jordan and Thomas Jones (leaning towards Jordan against weak Detroit D over banged up Jones against the Pats)

WR: pick 3 - Fitz, L. Coles, S. Holmes, Patrick Crayton, Craig Davis

Same applies here as my theory of Cotchery/Curry. I'd take the more proven guy in the more proven system. Thomas Jones can do it all and has a cast around him that will give him alot more opportunities than Jordan.

League 3:

WR: pick 1 - Reggie Brown, L. Coles, S. Holmes, Brandon Marshall (I'm leanign with Reggie Brown...have Wayne also who already played)

Reggie Brown or Brandon Marshall. Marshall is a great option in Denver. He's got alot of talent that will finally get used this year. Brown is option 1A, with Curtis, LJ and Westy being options 1B-1D in no particular order. I like the match up for Bradon Marshall, but this one is definitly a tough one. Helk, I can see Holmes or Coles having a good game this weekend as well. I just like the talent and potential of Brandon Marshall too much.