Sign in to follow this  
BoltAddiction

Another weak game by Lynch - I see the second coming of an overrated Cal RB.

Assuming Lynch's pre-season is now complete, his stat line is 16 rushes for 28 yards (longest - 9 yards), 2 catches for 17 yards and 1 fumble (not lost) against the less than formidable run defenses of New Orleans, Atlanta, Tennessee and Detroit.

Most rookies get a lot more action in preseason than this. Yet with all of this, no one seem to be downgrading this rookie. Invariably, in every draft, some one grabs him in the 3rd round, licking their chops. The Bills offense looks no better than when McGahee was there. Are people really that hard up for rookies who MIGHT be the lead running back in an offense?

Assuming Lynch's pre-season is now complete, his stat line is 16 rushes for 28 yards (longest - 9 yards), 2 catches for 17 yards and 1 fumble (not lost) against the less than formidable run defenses of New Orleans, Atlanta, Tennessee and Detroit.

Most rookies get a lot more action in preseason than this. Yet with all of this, no one seem to be downgrading this rookie. Invariably, in every draft, some one grabs him in the 3rd round, licking their chops. The Bills offense looks no better than when McGahee was there. Are people really that hard up for rookies who MIGHT be the lead running back in an offense?

Lynch is still a good bench option with upside. It is preseason, and it does not really matter.

Current preseason stat line tonight...6 carries for 9 yards...long of 9 yards. So, 1 carry for 9 yards, 5 carries for 0 yards...Ouch.

Lynch is still a good bench option with upside. It is preseason, and it does not really matter.

Lynch isn't being drafted as a bench option. I'm seeing him go in every draft in the late 3rd or early 4th as the #2 RB on a team. Preseason does matter when we're talking about rookie RB's, not when we're talking about LT or S.Jax. The fact that A-Train hasn't even touched the ball tonight, in game 4 which is the game most teams rest their starters and the fact that Lynch got 6 carries, suggests to me that Buffalo is looking at A-Train as the starter in that offense. I think Chicago proved that an early first round running back can ride the pine and see limited action.

Guest _my_2_cents_
Current preseason stat line tonight...6 carries for 9 yards...long of 9 yards. So, 1 carry for 9 yards, 5 carries for 0 yards...Ouch.

A-Train keeps on looking better & better.

:unsure:

Speaking of which - last game of the preseason and still no A-Train? They said he might start last week and now 2 weeks without an appearance? Might they be keeping him fresh to start the regular season since Lynch sucks?

Lynch isn't being drafted as a bench option. I'm seeing him go in every draft in the late 3rd or early 4th as the #2 RB on a team. Preseason does matter when we're talking about rookie RB's, not when we're talking about LT or S.Jax. The fact that A-Train hasn't even touched the ball tonight, in game 4 which is the game most teams rest their starters and the fact that Lynch got 6 carries, suggests to me that Buffalo is looking at A-Train as the starter in that offense. I think Chicago proved that an early first round running back can ride the pine and see limited action.

Taking Lynch as a a starting RB entails a huge problem and that team would be hurting for runners during the season.

Anybody want to guess what team Addai is on?

and he still sucked it up in the preseason.

whats your point?

lynch may suck all year or he may not. you cant tell from the preseason. which is what many are trying to say.

they arent talking about being on buffalo.

so your point please?

I've been wrong before, but I've been saying for months that Lynch is way over valued. Fantasy owners get worked up over kids, but NFL franchises rarely put a rookie back there with a still inexperienced QB.

There is a value RB pick in Buffalo: Anthony Thomas. Jauron is comfortable with him from their Chicago days. He's solid in pass protection (an area where rookie RB are typically deficient), and the Bills passing game is built around getting the ball deep to Evans. You can't do that if your QB doesn't have time to throw. He's also a good short yardage guy, meaning he vultures TD's on an offense that probably isn't going to score that many.

Let others grab Lynch in the late 3rd/early 4th round (where his ADP seems to be settling). Thomas is available in the 10th round or later (FFToday has his ADP at 14.02!). Either one will be your 3rd or 4th RB. It's just a question of how high you want to reach to fill that slot.

i wouldnt draft either lynch of thomas.

but preseason is not much to go by is my point, in many cases.

Not to mention that this week was against the 2nd string detroit defense, What a stout unit!

and he still sucked it up in the preseason.

whats your point?

lynch may suck all year or he may not. you cant tell from the preseason. which is what many are trying to say.

they arent talking about being on buffalo.

so your point please?

Sucking it up in the complex Indianapolis offense in your first handful of games is not only anticipated - its expected.

I agree with your prognostication of may or may not - none of us have the crystal ball.

The point is that since Lynch has been drafted he has been overvalued - just like JJ was 2 years ago. Teams are taking him as their number 2 RB. No one that I know took a guy like Addai as their No. 2 last year. In fact, if you really look at Addai's numbers from last year, removing his blow-out game against the Eagles (which most RBs were doing), he averaged 60 ypg rushing, 20 ypg receiving and .266 TDs a game. Those are not #2 RB stats.

The fact that a rookie RB stinks it up in the preseason may not indicate his midseason performance, but as most of the posters have agreed on this thread, you're struggling this season if you grab Lynch early, and his pre-season stats support that argument.

Do you really think Lynch's lightbulb is going to come on before you may already be out of the FF play-offs?

i wouldnt draft either lynch of thomas.

but preseason is not much to go by is my point, in many cases.

I actually agree with this comment. I rarely base my analyses on pre-season. But, in the case of rookie RBs, it seems to mean everything. Look at Adrian Peterson, whose value has bolted up just because of his pre-season. Reality is, he will probably not have nearly the year his pre-season suggests. But pre-season perceptions for a rookie mean everything. If Lynch performed like Adrian Peterson, I probably would have bought the hype. If I could draft Lynch in the 6th, like you could Calvin Johnson, I would do that in a second. I think the preseason means everything to his status.

Main reason I'm avoiding him, besides the fact Buffalo's offense scares me, is their schedule. It is just brutal this year...hopefully the kid can hold up, he will take some punishment this year.

I actually agree with this comment. I rarely base my analyses on pre-season. But, in the case of rookie RBs, it seems to mean everything. Look at Adrian Peterson, whose value has bolted up just because of his pre-season. Reality is, he will probably not have nearly the year his pre-season suggests. But pre-season perceptions for a rookie mean everything. If Lynch performed like Adrian Peterson, I probably would have bought the hype. If I could draft Lynch in the 6th, like you could Calvin Johnson, I would do that in a second. I think the preseason means everything to his status.

I would disagree. My perception of Peterson is based on his style and skill set that fit the NFL game. He's going to split carries with Taylor, but his size and short yardage ability will keep him in the game in the red zone. He's on a team that is going to have to run the ball a tremendous amount to have any success. Whether he ran for 15 or 150 yards in exhibition games wouldn't matter to me.

Lynch is a fast guy who will give way to a bigger back in goal line situations. His pass blocking, on a team whose best player is a WR, is a big deal. That's not going to be as much of a factor in Minnesota, where the passing game will be designed to get the ball out of Jackson's hands quickly.

Personally, I'm not basing my analysis of either RB on a couple pre-season games, but on how guys with similar talents, in similar situations, have done in the NFL.

As for the comment about drafting neither Lynch or THomas, I wouldn't necessarily disagree. I'm not jumping to have either on my roster. But adding another guy with a decent chance to post #3 numbers in the 14th round, when others are taking defenses, kickers and guys who will never play again (Priest Holmes ADP is 12.01), is the kind of move that gives you depth, trade and lineup options during the season.

Preseason doesn't mean crap. Preseason is the reason I took Michael Bennett over Ladanian Tomlinson with the #1 rookie pick. I now place NO stock in preseason games.

Could it be that Buffalo's offense is bad and McGahee actually performed really well for a bad team? :unsure:

Preseason doesn't mean crap. Preseason is the reason I took Michael Bennett over Ladanian Tomlinson with the #1 rookie pick. I now place NO stock in preseason games.

Remind me to never take fantasy advice from you if I appear ready to do so.

Guest _my_2_cents_
Let others grab Lynch in the late 3rd/early 4th round (where his ADP seems to be settling). Thomas is available in the 10th round or later (FFToday has his ADP at 14.02!). Either one will be your 3rd or 4th RB. It's just a question of how high you want to reach to fill that slot.

I drafted him with my 2nd to last pick in the IDP league....that was the 24th round. :shocking:

He's looked decent when he played, but they've now held him out 2 games. Weird.

his #s look barry sanderish compared to addais last year in preseason

Keep in mind that the Colts were bringing Addai along slowly and did not need him to be the #1 back with Dominic Rhoades toting the rock.

Addai had the opportunity to get his feet wet over the first 8-10 games. Lynch does not have that luxury.

They held him out 2 games because they don't want him wasting preseason touches. They'll most likely cut A-Train as Wright is a very similar runner.

Lynch

Wright

Jackson

How often do teams draft 2 RB in the first 4 rounds and keep the guy from last year?

The RBBC, if it happens could very well be Wright and Lynch.

Guest _my_2_cents_
They held him out 2 games because they don't want him wasting preseason touches. They'll most likely cut A-Train as Wright is a very similar runner.

Lynch

Wright

Jackson

How often do teams draft 2 RB in the first 4 rounds and keep the guy from last year?

The RBBC, if it happens could very well be Wright and Lynch.

Yet A-Train is the most experienced runner on the team and a favorite of the coaching staff.

If he gets cut that will make the BUF situation very interesting, and entirely craptastic.

Yet A-Train is the most experienced runner on the team and a favorite of the coaching staff.

If he gets cut that will make the BUF situation very interesting, and entirely craptastic.

he's not getting cut... he's listed as the starter on the bills website

I think Lynch is great in a keeper league, but he has a brutal schedule for a redraft league.

A Train has been with the team the entire preseason. He has a total of 4 carries. Does that sound like an intended starter?

Guest _my_2_cents_
A Train has been with the team the entire preseason. He has a total of 4 carries. Does that sound like an intended starter?

Tomlinson has 0 carries. SJax suited up twice and didn't touch the ball. Will they be released too? :overhead:

yep

Lynch

Wright

Jackson

More often than they go into a season with two completely unproven RB.

anybody wanna guess joseph addai's 2006 rookie preseason stats?

Joseph Addai 21carries 32yards 1.5 avg. 7long 1TD

http://www.colts.com/downloads/2002releases/219/stats.pdf

He was probaly not on the field w/ the starters much though during last preseason. Manning-Harrison-Wayne-Clark can make a RBs job alot easier.

:headbanger:

Even as a Lynch owner, I am not too high on him. But I was also in a ppr league with owners who shared the same views as I did, and couldn't pass him up with the first pick in the 6th round. He is my 4th RB... so for me I am happy ot have him on my team.

Even as a Lynch owner, I am not too high on him. But I was also in a ppr league with owners who shared the same views as I did, and couldn't pass him up with the first pick in the 6th round. He is my 4th RB... so for me I am happy ot have him on my team.

There's the key. With an ADP of 4.03, making him among the top 25 RB selected, you better have good reason to believe Lynch is going produce #1 or #2 stats.

The best reasoned and thought out projections I see for the guy are as a low #2 to #3 ff RB. That's not to say he couldn't shock people and perform at a higher level. But when you look at Buffalo's overall scheme, personnel and schedule, people appear to be reaching way too high.

Getting him at 6.01, and looking at him as a #4 RB, is a great acquisition. If he turns out to be just a solid #3 RB, you got a great deal. Anything better is a huge bonus.

Detroits Def was swarming him in the backfield. I think at this point the problem is more the offensive line than lynch.

Guest _my_2_cents_
Detroits Def ....swarming

:dunno:

you didn't really describe DET defense as "swarming" did you?

:Mr-T::lol::lol: