Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Is Vick eligible for the Chargers?

Eli for the Chargers, etc????

Good question.

I would say the player has to have at least worn a jersey and pads on the sideline during an NFL game in order to be able to pick him up (this covers backup QBs and RBs)

The only exception should be rookies and/or free agents signed this year.

i thought we decided they had to be on the roster?

both eli and vick were drafted by the chargers though...

I'm game with them having to be on the rosters as well :thumbsup:

check that I read it wrong

what about terrell owens and the ravens? :ph34r:

CMH stop trying to screw me!!!!

what? you got the falcons and chargers, so vick is all yours :shocking:

what? you got the falcons and chargers, so vick is all yours :shocking:

I just noticed that.. :lol:

I was going to delete my thread. sorry man.

Vick and LT2 exclusive for me. :D :banana:

I'm game with them having to be on the rosters as well :thumbsdown:

Of course Eli should be San Diego. They freakin drafted him and he was on their roster.

RD PK(OVR) NOTES NAME POS SCHOOL

1 1(1) ELI MANNING QB MISSISSIPPI

If he was on the roster, he is eligible to be drafted by that team. It's no different that a free agent being signed, then being hurt and never playing and then going to another team.

what about terrell owens and the ravens? :ph34r:

Terrell Owens was officially on the Ravens roster. How is he not eligible to be drafted by the Ravens?

I'm game with them having to be on the rosters as well :headbanger:

Of course Eli should be San Diego. They freakin drafted him and he was on their roster.

If he was on the roster, he is eligible to be drafted by that team. It's no different that a free agent being signed, then being hurt and never playing and then going to another team.

being signed is the key

He was never signed so he was not on the roster. They had his rights only.

I'm game with them having to be on the rosters as well :blink:

being signed is the key

He was never signed so he was not on the roster. They had his rights only.

Again I'll say.

Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Kellen Winslow Jr, etc cannot be drafted in this league then until they have been signed? They may go into the season unsigned, which has happend before. By your way of thinking, they need to be signed to be on the roster. :ph34r:

No I think they should be eligible to be drafted by their current projected teams. Even if they aren't it wouldn't matter to that team because they would be exclusive to them anyway. Why fill our own roster slot with a rookie that won't play until he is signed and then officially on the roster?

Manning was never on the Chargers roster (being listed on a draft board does not make it so) therefore he will be exclusive to the team he does sign for, which will be the Giants.

No I think they should be eligible to be drafted by their current projected teams. Even if they aren't it wouldn't matter to that team because they would be exclusive to them anyway. Why fill our own roster slot with a rookie that won't play until he is signed and then officially on the roster?

Manning was never on the Chargers roster (being listed on a draft board does not make it so) therefore he will be exclusive to the team he does sign for, which will be the Giants.

:blink:

No I think they should be eligible to be drafted by their current projected teams.  Even if they aren't it wouldn't matter to that team because they would be exclusive to them anyway.  Why fill our own roster slot with a rookie that won't play until he is signed and then officially on the roster? 

:(

:thumbsup:

I'm game with them having to be on the rosters as well :angry:

The rules as it is for the baseball league is quite simple. Either the player has logged at least 1 game for the team in question or he's about to play for that team (i.e. a draft pick or free agent signing). That's it. If the player was a draft pick but never played for the team and there is no current sitution where he is expected to then he isn't eligible. Now people, quit trying to steal my QB. He's the only freak'n guy that is an exclusive for me at that position. :angry:

The rules as it is for the baseball league is quite simple. Either the player has logged at least 1 game for the team in question or he's about to play for that team (i.e. a draft pick or free agent signing). That's it. If the player was a draft pick but never played for the team and there is no current sitution where he is expected to then he isn't eligible. Now people, quit trying to steal my QB. He's the only freak'n guy that is an exclusive for me at that position. :angry:

then that would mean aaron brooks is exclusive to me, as he sat for a year or two behind favre but never logged one snap.

Different circumstances here.

There are no minor leagues in football. You either make the roster or are cut. Baseball drafts players who normally don't get to the bigs for 3-4 seasons (unless you're KC) and when you make the big league squad its because they need you to play. You don't sit on a roster and never log AB for for than maybe a few days.

then that would mean aaron brooks is exclusive to me, as he sat for a year or two behind favre but never logged one snap.

That would be true. He should be an exclusive for you. There is no way the Packers should be able to draft Brooks since he never played for them. According to the Geek Homer baseball league as according to McBonkhead said player needs to log at least one game to be eligible. Being on the roster isn't good enough you have to have "played" for the team. Brooks never did that with the Packers, I don't think, so he should be exclusive to you.

That would be true. He should be an exclusive for you. There is no way the Packers should be able to draft Brooks since he never played for them. According to the Geek Homer baseball league as according to McBonkhead said player needs to log at least one game to be eligible. Being on the roster isn't good enough you have to have "played" for the team. Brooks never did that with the Packers, I don't think, so he should be exclusive to you.

i thought we discussed this and settled on the idea that the regular-season roster was the deal-maker...? :banana:

I'm game with them having to be on the rosters as well :D

i thought we discussed this and settled on the idea that the regular-season roster was the deal-maker...? :huh:

Oh. Well I haven't been here as much as you guys so I didn't know it was decided. I thought it would be just like the current league we got going (i.e. need to have recorded a game played or is joining the team this year with the assumption that he will get his recorded game once the season starts.) What was wrong with that rule that it had to be changed for this league?

MLB is different than NFL.

HTH

i wouldn't say it was wrong, but the issue basically revolved around the aaron brookses of the nfl...

i wouldn't say it was wrong, but the issue basically revolved around the aaron brookses of the nfl...

Ok, just so I understand. Is Eli Manning an exclusive for me (i.e. Giants)?

I would say yes.

I would say yes.

"would"? LOL. We have already started drafting and this is the best assurance I can get? :banana: He's my only possible exclusive QB available to me and that would be a big factor for me one way or the other before I can draft. Btw, who's the commish you or cmh? :ph34r:

"would"? LOL. We have already started drafting and this is the best assurance I can get? :banana: He's my only possible exclusive QB available to me and that would be a big factor for me one way or the other before I can draft. Btw, who's the commish you or cmh? :ph34r:

I think cmh is the commish - I just set up and run the Yahoo site. If he wants to say I'm co-commish that's cool. But he got the ball rolling with the league so I will defer to him.

As for assurance - it seems that most issues are put to a vote here. I see no reason why Eli shouldn't be considered an exclusive Giant.

The parallel being drawn is with Aaron Brooks. In my mind Brooks is not an exclusive Saint. He at least suited up and was on the GB active roster as far as I know.

eli is only available to the giants

rivers is only available to the chargers

Vick is only available to atlanta

owens is available to san fran and philly, not baltimore

Tony Gonzalez is only available to me :unsure:

Got a problem with it, itake it up with the commissioner ;)

any more questions? :huh:

Tony Gonzalez is only available to me :huh:

Got a problem with it, itake it up with the commissioner :angry:

any more questions? :bandana:

Did you get picked on a lot as a child and now you like to be the boss on a messageboard?

That's my question.

Tony Gonzalez is only available to me :rolleyes:

Got a problem with it, itake it up with the commissioner ;)

any more questions?  :)

Did you get picked on a lot as a child and now you like to be the boss on a messageboard?

That's my question.

No, people had questions and I answered them. I'm the commish, that's my job.

Know your role and shut your hole! :ph34r: