Sign in to follow this  
cblue

***Oficial Chargers at Patriots Thread***

**Official Chargers at Patriots Poll**  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this weekends biggest game?

• Chargers
    • Patriots
    • Too close to call

The only reason the Cheatriots are winning is because the Chargers forgot to change their signs from the Championship game last year. :pointstosky:

Oh yeah... I'm sure that Marty Schottenheimer gave Norv Turner all his signals. :doublethumbsup:

Oh yeah... I'm sure that Marty Schottenheimer gave Norv Turner all his signals. :pointstosky:

They would've done a lot better with those same signals if it was still Wade Phillips giving them. The Chargers defensive gameplan and playcalling were an absolute disgrace. Ted Cottrell in particular needs to be neutered, not only as a deterent, but to save the human race the indignity of having his genes further pollute society.

I guess this proves one thing: the Bears must be godawfully overrated. How this SD organization can outcoach anybody is a mystery to me.

What a delightful arse-kicking!!! I wish I DVR'd all of LT's interviews before the game. How much crow is he eating.

The Chargers are not the same team without Marty. They are nothing with Norv.

People used to say it was a three horse race for the Super Bowl in the AFC (Colts, Patriots and Chargers). It is only a two horse race, Colts and Patriots.

The Chargers, because the Patriots won't be cheating this week. That, and because karma is out to get them for cutting John Andruzzi just because he had cancer. That's just plain cold.

It must be frustrating for the haters to see the Pats take SD out back behind the woodshed... without cheating.

Rivers will throw for 2 td's.

Well you didn't say who the TDs would be for :wink:

The Chargers, because the Patriots won't be cheating this week. That, and because karma is out to get them for cutting John Andruzzi just because he had cancer. That's just plain cold.

Wish I had seen this post earlier. Kinda thought you were an idiot but this confirms it. You don't honestly think the Pats cut Andruzzi because he had cancer. It wasn't even diagnosed back then. :pointstosky:

I missed this thread because I was away during the weekend and I am just getting back from the game. Interesting game :banana:

I like how Merriman was dancing when they were down by 17 and LT was whining at his teammates all game. Nothing quite as bad as LT's crying after the game :wall:

Hopefully, this quiets some things down a bit and we can get back to regular football. Pats dominated and actually could have had some more points if they had not messed up some other opportunities. It was pretty loud at the stadium and the fans were wound up for this game. Not quite playoff atmosphere, but close.

In case you are scoring at home, the Pats free agents this offseason included Adalius Thomas, Randy Moss, Sammy Morris and Wes Welker. Not a bad showing by the new guys (again) tonight. :pointstosky:

I think that while the Patriots looked very good last week, they look very good against a very poor Jets team (sorry Jets fans).

1) The Jets failed to put pressure on Brady. The Chargers will not let Brady have that much time in the pocket. (Unless the Pats know what defense the Chargers are running.)

3) The Chargers are more talented and physical than the Jets and Patriots.

4) The loss of Harrison and Seymore will be too much for the Patriots to overcome against a talented and well-balanced team like the Chargers.

5) Revenge factor: the Chargers want revenge after losing last year's play-off game to the Pats.

What do you guys think?

What I think is that the chargers are a worse team than the Jets. pats didnt even have their signal stealing going on like they did against the jets, however same score lol.. What I think is that the chargers are pretty good. for an NFC team. hahahahahahahhaahha

Did anyone else see the snippet of video that Fox showed from the confiscated tape? I'm just suprised there were no comments about it.... showed the camera directly on the 3 coaches calling in plays (I assume one real and two fake) then panned up to the scoreboard to show down and distance. Then next play same thing, back to the 3 coaches, then the scoreboard for down and distance. No wonder it was such an easy call for Goodell.

But I didn't realize the Jets used 3 coaches to signal in plays. I guees it could be one coach for the secondary, one for the linebacks, and one for the D-line but knowing that the Jets knew the videotaping practices of the Pats I assume 2 were decoys and one was the real call for the entire D. That being said I don't know how anyone could disect that tape for the same game. One coach signaling, no problem. But with the 2 decoys, I would think it would take a whole game just to see a pattern so they could figure out who was sending in the live signal. And... and, if a team changed up signals at half time you'd have to start all over again. As others have said, if they weren't getting an advantage from it, why do it. After seeing the video I'm just having a hard time figuring out how realistically the tape would help them in that game.

Did anyone else see the snippet of video that Fox showed from the confiscated tape? I'm just suprised there were no comments about it.... showed the camera directly on the 3 coaches calling in plays (I assume one real and two fake) then panned up to the scoreboard to show down and distance. Then next play same thing, back to the 3 coaches, then the scoreboard for down and distance. No wonder it was such an easy call for Goodell.

But I didn't realize the Jets used 3 coaches to signal in plays. I guees it could be one coach for the secondary, one for the linebacks, and one for the D-line but knowing that the Jets knew the videotaping practices of the Pats I assume 2 were decoys and one was the real call for the entire D. That being said I don't know how anyone could disect that tape for the same game. One coach signaling, no problem. But with the 2 decoys, I would think it would take a whole game just to see a pattern so they could figure out who was sending in the live signal. And... and, if a team changed up signals at half time you'd have to start all over again. As others have said, if they weren't getting an advantage from it, why do it. After seeing the video I'm just having a hard time figuring out how realistically the tape would help them in that game.

Agreed, this where I believe the commish and others that it was't used for these games, it's for future reference. BB is as detailed as any coach ever in any sport. My guess is that his interprettaion was that you couldn't video tape and use that tape during that game but could if it was used for later purposes. Certainly a reach by BB but I bet he thought he could sway the commish on that, he was wrong.

I truly think what he does with those tapes is just put them in his library for future games. People ask why tape Green Bay or Detroit then when they won't play them, sure they won't play them for awhile but they may play against the d-cooridnators or someone from those coaching staffs in the near distant future. I.E. maybe Coach Bill had a camera on Cotrell when he was the vikes DC last year, guess what, Cotrell is the D coord of the Chargers - bill pops in the vikes game and Presto!! he see's how Cotrell calls a game.

God, what a cocky Pats fan. If I sound like this when I talk about the Charges, someone slap me. You are trying to sound objective but it isn't working, you are a deluded Pats fan- which is okay because I am probably a deluded Charger fan. :shocking: :banana:

I think a win by the Chargers only gives them more confidence in the play-offs. The Chargers know they were the better team last year vs the Pats. And if they beat them this weeked then they will only be stronger. With a loss, the Pats could be deflated knowing that even the over-hyped Moss and Welker and Stalworth couldn't help them beat the Chargers.

Although i voted for the Chargers, this will be a tough, tough game- it's anybody's game. Good Luck!

Well, I don't think I was particularly cocky or deluded. Cocky is doing the Lights-Out dance; Deluded is doing it when you're losing by 17 points. Confidence is my assessment, which in retrospect was pretty close (double digit lead making run defense against LT less of a factor), was probably what you were mistaking for cockiness. I would never have dared to predict the Pats would dominate like they did though.

The speculation over how a Chargers win might affect the respective teams' pshyches is a moot point. No team is the same as the year before. The bobbleheads would have you believe that both these teams are in the top 3. I think the Pats have proven they meet that hype and the Chargers have some questions. They may be in the top 3 by the end of the season, but the Pats have clearly hit the ground running (or passing I guess), while the Chargers have work to do to regain last year's form. LT started slow last year and there's too much talent on their team. However, the confidence and mental edge in a possible playoff match up definitely belong to the Pats, not to mention a leg up on home field tie breakers.

I'm still waiting for someone to blindside Merriman and do his dance while he is getting smelling salts waived under his nose. I don't care which team does that. Arrogant celebration dances are part of the game for some players (on the Pats too), but combine it with steroids, dancing while your team is losing, and crying about it (or your teammate crying about it) when someone else dishes it back to you, just deserves a good beating. :doublethumbsup:

Agreed, this where I believe the commish and others that it was't used for these games, it's for future reference. BB is as detailed as any coach ever in any sport. My guess is that his interprettaion was that you couldn't video tape and use that tape during that game but could if it was used for later purposes. Certainly a reach by BB but I bet he thought he could sway the commish on that, he was wrong.

I truly think what he does with those tapes is just put them in his library for future games. People ask why tape Green Bay or Detroit then when they won't play them, sure they won't play them for awhile but they may play against the d-cooridnators or someone from those coaching staffs in the near distant future. I.E. maybe Coach Bill had a camera on Cotrell when he was the vikes DC last year, guess what, Cotrell is the D coord of the Chargers - bill pops in the vikes game and Presto!! he see's how Cotrell calls a game.

I think this is about the best theory I have heard/read - makes sense to me. How many coaches/d coordinators changed teams from last year?