Sign in to follow this  
prophet08

Kitna and sack points

I drafted Kitna and Grossman in a 16 team league. Now I own Griese too.

AFTER the draft (but before the start of the season) our commissioner changed a few score settings, including changing sacks from -1 to -2 points. So even though Kitna put up nice yardage last week, he had 18 points subtracted from the 9 sacks.

Is -2 a common setting for sacks? What is it in your league?

Anyway, I'm faced with a tough decision in week 4. Will the Bears run Kitna into the ground destroying my points total? Or do I take a chance on Griese in his first start of the season.

I've never heard of taking away points from a QB for getting sacked, what is the theory behind that? Half the time it is the OL's fault or the WR for not getting open. Do you take away points from WR when they drop balls to? your commish must have somebody like Manning or VY who dont get sacked that much.

Also, your commish should never ever change anything after the draft has taken place. To easy to adjust things in his teams favor.

I drafted Kitna and Grossman in a 16 team league. Now I own Griese too.

AFTER the draft (but before the start of the season) our commissioner changed a few score settings, including changing sacks from -1 to -2 points. So even though Kitna put up nice yardage last week, he had 18 points subtracted from the 9 sacks.

Is -2 a common setting for sacks? What is it in your league?

Anyway, I'm faced with a tough decision in week 4. Will the Bears run Kitna into the ground destroying my points total? Or do I take a chance on Griese in his first start of the season.

That's a rediculous stat to use against a QB, IMO. And, it's downright criminal to change the rules AFTER the draft. If you had known this you may have drafted a different QB, right?

Tough call...can't help you on that one since I have no clue how that affects QB totals.

You should be real pissed about him changing the rules after the draft. I cant believe nobody brought this up and forced him to change the rules back. First of all it is a stupid rule to have and I cant believe a site even has it as a choice. Is this a money league? If so, I would be trying to get a refund or sell off a team on the cheap to get away from the douche.

A commish that changes rules AFTER the draft = CHEATER.

I drafted Kitna in my main league for the simple fact that our scoring system ( .1 per pass att, and .35 for comp, -.35 for inc) favors him since he will likely be near the top of the league in attempts and completions. If our scoring system was different I wouldnt have taken him.

I have heard of leagues that take away for sacks but have NEVER and wouldnt ever play in one. And -2 is completely absurd.

Chicago's D has a lot of injuries including Tommie Harris and both starting Cbs but they will prolly still get to Kitna 4 or 5 times b/c they throw the ball so much and their Oline isnt that good.

I'm in a league where your qb loses 1 point per sack, and it is a stat that you take into consideration when drafting a qb. Yes kitna will get chewed up by the bears D, i would anticipate a min of 5 for the game. -2 per sack is absurd, even worse is changing the rule after the draft=bush league.

I don't think our commish was cheating, because I know him very well. Plus, he drafted crappy QBs, so that stat wouldn't help him.

I was just wondering what the sack points were in other leagues, since this is my first year playing. I'm 3-0 so far, so obviously bitching about it now would not be taken well by others. I might try to work out a Kitna/Romo trade though.

I don't think our commish was cheating, because I know him very well.
well then that settles it. thanks. :pointstosky:

I don't think our commish was cheating, because I know him very well. Plus, he drafted crappy QBs, so that stat wouldn't help him.

I was just wondering what the sack points were in other leagues, since this is my first year playing. I'm 3-0 so far, so obviously bitching about it now would not be taken well by others. I might try to work out a Kitna/Romo trade though.

1. Cheating or not, changing the rules after the draft w/o 100% agreement from league members is inexcusable and I wouldnt play in a league that does that.

2. If his Qbs are crappy that gives him even more reason to make this rule change since it devalues ALL Qbs

3. I would guess that in 99% of leagues there is NO deduction for sacks and in those leagues that do deduct for sacks 99% of them prolly take away -1 or less

To each his own w/ scoring systems but I hate the idea of taking away pts for sacks and -2 is ABSURD.

You wanted to know what sack points were in other leagues and the fact is that the vast majority of people who play FF dont take away anything for sacks.

Fire the Commish and hire a guy who has a clue.

Taking away Qb points for sacks is dumb.

Changing the rules after the draft is criminal.

Having sexual relations with another man is unnatural.

i knew i shouldn't have clicked this link, but anyways... i'm glad the lie downs aren't startin him at olb or something. your league should take points away for dt's that miss tackles, too.

good job...

I would say your league takes away 2 points for a turnover atleast correct? Using my example, kitna had 2 fumbles recovered by the Eagles and one interception plus the 9 sacks. So before any of his offensive points are tallied he is starting out negative 24 for a 400 yard 2 td game? (cant remember his exact stats but I know I am close) so did you score any positive points? If so, what were they?

I would say your league takes away 2 points for a turnover atleast correct? Using my example, kitna had 2 fumbles recovered by the Eagles and one interception plus the 9 sacks. So before any of his offensive points are tallied he is starting out negative 24 for a 400 yard 2 td game? (cant remember his exact stats but I know I am close) so did you score any positive points? If so, what were they?

No freaking kidding. Under that system, I think I'd start Ryan Leaf every week. At least you wouldn't be in the negative. Frick.

I hope they get to him about nine times and he throws about 3 picks and Hester runs one back and the Lions have about 2-3 fumbles then that would help to justify me drafting the Bears D in the 7th rd :thumbsdown:

did u ask the commish why he changed the rules after the draft? im interested to hear what he says. you should fin a new league.