Sign in to follow this  
ggroovy17

Kevin Curtis

Depends on if Art Shell rips off his Andy Reid mask and shocks the world. How did they not figure out how to help the OL out when they are clearly getting manhandled?

Man that was a frustrating game to watch as McNabb/Curtis owner.

Curtis is my WR3 in two leagues, but he'll be sitting the bench (in favor of Roddy White or Andre Davis) until the Eagles figure out how to block a decent defense.

Two things...

1) Not having Westbrook is a huge issue. The fact that he was dominating running the ball against the Lions in week 3 really opened up the passing game. His presence alone makes you have to account for him... without him the defenses can play against the Eagles straight up and probably cover anyone.

2) One problem that the offense is facing this year is that McNabb, and Garcia last year, were able to buy time with their legs in the past. That is a big big thing for a QB... and that is definitely one big aspect lacking from McNabb's game coming off knee surgery

Here's what I see: Curtis gets open, he gets targets and looks from McNabb. McNabb is either always under pressure or he misses the target. He also hasn't rushed for more than 15 yards in game (4, 7, 9 and 15), which tells me yes his mobility is shot at least for now.

I cut Curtis but largely because I don't have an open spot fo a flyer right now. He should be good; but the offense is not.

I understand the Westbrook issue, but he was in for the first two games and it certainly didn't seem to help McNabb and Curtis then.

I might trade McNabb for a ham sandwich at this rate.

I am dropping him this week. I thought he had a lot of potential. 4 games in is enough for me to know that he was a 1 game wonder. Last week, I dropped Isaac Bruce. I didn't draft according to my plan and my team is proving to me that I should never deviate.

Funny thing is: he's following in the footsteps of Lee Evan's 2006 season which warranted enough hype to put Evan's in the Tier one receiver category pre season.

Having a receiver like this in the 3 spot is a great thing imo. Don't count on him for consistency, but he may flat out win you 2 or 3 weeks during the year. I'd being willing to wager that we haven't seen the last great game from Kevin Curtis this year, but I'd wager more that we haven't seen the last bad game either.

OK.. Kevin Curtis is going to be fine.

He is a pretty talented player.. He played very well when subbing in for Issac Bruce a season or two ago.

Westbrook makes the offense go. Not having him in there - made NYG to have NO respect for the running game. They just sent all of their players at the QB every down. They let Buck get whatever yards he was going to get, they weren't worried about it.

There was no threat for McNabb to dump the ball off when the pressure was coming. This made all the difference in the world. No Westbrok as a safety valve, and the Giants just teed off on McNabb.

Yeah McNabb struggled for most of the first 2 games. But, he actually looked pretty good in the second half of Week 2 against the Redskins. He finally seemed to knock the rust off in that game. The next week everything clicked, everyone got open, Westbrook and Curtis dominated.

Everyone needs to stop overreacting. There will be both good games and bad games for Philly this year - which should be obvious. They do have problems on offense, but playing in a weak NFC - they will have some very good fantasy weeks.

Once Westbrook comes back, the offense will come back as well. Like I said, he makes the offense go. There is no threat without him. Think about it, without Westy - what are they supposed to be scared of? Reggie Brown? Buckhalter? Donovan has limited mobility right now, so he can only do so much by himself. They need Westbrook to keep the defense honest so Kevin Curtis has time to get downfield. He is a deep threat WR, he needs time for his routes to develop. Brian Westbrook makes all of this happen.

Whoever is talking about cutting Kevin Curtis or McNabb either doesn't know very much, or is playing in an 8 team league. Either way - both of those guys should be on rosters. Kevin Curtis is not someone that you should be counting on every week, but he will have some huge games just like Stallworth did last year. He's the same type of player - just without the injury problems.

Whenever Brian Westbrook has a good matchup - so does the rest of the offense. Westy will get his regardless, but everyone else feeds off of him... That's what makes Kevin Curtis a WR3 and not a WR2, that's just how it is.

Funny thing is: he's following in the footsteps of Lee Evan's 2006 season which warranted enough hype to put Evan's in the Tier one receiver category pre season.

Having a receiver like this in the 3 spot is a great thing imo. Don't count on him for consistency, but he may flat out win you 2 or 3 weeks during the year. I'd being willing to wager that we haven't seen the last great game from Kevin Curtis this year, but I'd wager more that we haven't seen the last bad game either.

COuldnt have said it better. If you watched him on STL last year or 2 weeks ago , he has great hands and great moves. There will be weeks he looks like a #1 reciever and weeks he looks like a #3 reciever. But hopefully Philly gets its offensive line in shape as if McNabb has no tine to set up play and make throws he will suffer.

OK.. Kevin Curtis is going to be fine.

He is a pretty talented player.. He played very well when subbing in for Issac Bruce a season or two ago.

Westbrook makes the offense go. Not having him in there - made NYG to have NO respect for the running game. They just sent all of their players at the QB every down. They let Buck get whatever yards he was going to get, they weren't worried about it.

There was no threat for McNabb to dump the ball off when the pressure was coming. This made all the difference in the world. No Westbrok as a safety valve, and the Giants just teed off on McNabb.

Yeah McNabb struggled for most of the first 2 games. But, he actually looked pretty good in the second half of Week 2 against the Redskins. He finally seemed to knock the rust off in that game. The next week everything clicked, everyone got open, Westbrook and Curtis dominated.

Everyone needs to stop overreacting. There will be both good games and bad games for Philly this year - which should be obvious. They do have problems on offense, but playing in a weak NFC - they will have some very good fantasy weeks.

Once Westbrook comes back, the offense will come back as well. Like I said,.

he makes the offense go. There is no threat without him. Think about it, without Westy - what are they supposed to be scared of? Reggie Brown? Buckhalter? Donovan has limited mobility right now, so he can only do so much by himself. They need Westbrook to keep the defense honest so Kevin Curtis has time to get downfield. He is a deep threat WR, he needs time for his routes to develop. Brian Westbrook makes all of this happen.

Whoever is talking about cutting Kevin Curtis or McNabb either doesn't know very much, or is playing in an 8 team league. Either way - both of those guys should be on rosters. Kevin Curtis is not someone that you should be counting on every week, but he will have some huge games just like Stallworth did last year. He's the same type of player - just without the injury problems.

Whenever Brian Westbrook has a good matchup - so does the rest of the offense. Westy will get his regardless, but everyone else feeds off of him... That's what makes Kevin Curtis a WR3 and not a WR2, that's just how it is.

I agree... by the way I just saw "Barfly" and know what your name means now (forced to watch it as I got a DUI and have to go through some program. Don't know how that is supposed to stop me from drinking or dirving again, but I guess that's the government for you).

Anyhow, on topic... Curtis is clearly McNabb's favorite WR, I think he is a solid WR and in a pass heavy offense like Philly, he is a good player to have. I am content with him and Jennings as my #2 WR to go along with Ocho Cinco in my PPR league.

I agree... by the way I just saw "Barfly" and know what your name means now (forced to watch it as I got a DUI and have to go through some program. Don't know how that is supposed to stop me from drinking or dirving again, but I guess that's the government for you).

Anyhow, on topic... Curtis is clearly McNabb's favorite WR, I think he is a solid WR and in a pass heavy offense like Philly, he is a good player to have. I am content with him and Jennings as my #2 WR to go along with Ocho Cinco in my PPR league.

They made you watch Barfly? Wow that's crazy.

I got a DUI a few years ago - I surely didn't get to watch anything like that.

The movie is based on his books.. He's written about 6 or 7 novels, alot of short stories and alot of poetry. I became a big fan of his work a while back.. He uses the name HenryChinaski in alot of his material - who is supposed to be based on himself. So that's where I got my name from.. Only a few people have noticed so far.

Everyone seems to think that it's my real name. Oh well.

The movie is based on his books.. He's written about 6 or 7 novels, alot of short stories and alot of poetry. I became a big fan of his work a while back.. He uses the name HenryChinaski in alot of his material - who is supposed to be based on himself. So that's where I got my name from.. Only a few people have noticed so far.

Have you seen 'Factotum'? with Matt Dillon. Pretty good flick. Filmed in large part within the Twin Cities.

Anyway, I am concerned about Curtis going forward. Merril Hodge broke it down before last weekend's game: whoever bumps the receivers at the line of scrimmage will have an easier time covering them. When doing this, the WRs can't get any separation. Combine this with the fact that Philly's O-line isn't all that great and you'll see a lot of 4/43 in the box score because there isn't enough time to get rid of the ball. The one time the corners played off of Curtis......DET.

I'm not going out of my way to cut him, but if someone becomes available, he'll be the first one to cut.

Along with Brian Westbrook, McNabb getting his left tackle Williams Thomas back will help the offense improve and in turn Curtis specifically.

I drafted Curtis as my WR3, but thanks to a few late WR picks, I am not forced to start him.

I figure Curtis can be used as a WR3, but will be far from conistent. I need to see him have another decent game before I start him again. And I will not use him if Westbrook is out, ever.

I agree about the Lee Evans comparison (stats-wise, not talent). I think he'll end up w/ about 9 TDs, you just have to pick the right weeks to start him.

thats pretty funny...

in all of my antsports leagues everyone thinks my real name is David Aames since that is the name of my team.