Sign in to follow this  
thabib25

Tatum Bell requested to be traded

Tatum Bell-RB- Lions Oct. 12 - 3:35 pm et

ESPN's John Clayton reports Tatum Bell has requested that the Lions trade him prior to the October 16 deadline.

Any effort to try to trade for him if he moves to another team ?

I'm hurtin at RB. Just snatched Kevin Jones off the wire. I can't believe he was still out there with all of the backs tht are banged up.

That is the Kitna show in Detroit right now. Pass, Pass, Pass. Not much running going on up there.

Why would you not want to pick up Kevin Jones? The Lions have said that he will see an increased workload as he has gotten comfortable in the offense, with Tatum Bell now in the doghouse for wanting to be traded - KJ looks like he will have all the carries to himself. Jones can see a lot of room because of the Lion's potent passing attack, similar to the situation that Addai is in. Given Kitna isn't Peyton, Roy Williams isn't Harrison, and Calvin isn't Wayne, and the Lions O-line definitely isn't the Colts O-line - their offenses are very similar, pass and pass and then run to spell the pass. I can't see how Kevin Jones can't be effective when the Lions run about 20 times a game and will have Jones take 70-80% of the carries himself. They were going to let him take that many carries even WITH Tatum Bell wanting to be in a Lion's uniform, Bell just can't run between the tackles and fumbles almost every game. Obviously he was informed that KJ would be taking most of the work and got his panties all in a knot thinking that he deserves to be "the man" at RB. (IE: Ashley Lelie Syndrome)

Sounds like Kevin Jones is going to be a very productive RB to me?

Why would you not want to pick up Kevin Jones? The Lions have said that he will see an increased workload as he has gotten comfortable in the offense, with Tatum Bell now in the doghouse for wanting to be traded - KJ looks like he will have all the carries to himself. Jones can see a lot of room because of the Lion's potent passing attack, similar to the situation that Addai is in. Given Kitna isn't Peyton, Roy Williams isn't Harrison, and Calvin isn't Wayne, and the Lions O-line definitely isn't the Colts O-line - their offenses are very similar, pass and pass and then run to spell the pass. I can't see how Kevin Jones can't be effective when the Lions run about 20 times a game and will have Jones take 70-80% of the carries himself.

Sounds like he is going to be a very productive back to me?

Agreed :thumbsup:

If you picked him up anywhere past the 8th or 9th round in the draft you basically stole the guy!

I picked him up off of waivers as well back in week 3, just waiting for him to have the backfield his own...

KJ fans/owners can finally rejoice! :music_guitarred: :music_guitarred:

How was KJ on the WW? :music_guitarred:

I think I'll wait for more news before going after TB. I kind of doubt it will happen.

This topic makes me think of an old George Carlin line: "A man has barricaded himself into his house and no one is paying attention to him."

Clearly, Tinkerbell has a higher opinion of his abilities than anybody else does.

Tinker basically failed in Denver and now in Detroit. i cant see anyone willing to give up more than a 6th or 7th round pick for him. Stick a fork in him.

Tinker basically failed in Denver and now in Detroit. i cant see anyone willing to give up more than a 6th or 7th round pick for him. Stick a fork in him.

I agree. Detroit could cut him and I'm not sure there would be much interest.

I'm hurtin at RB. Just snatched Kevin Jones off the wire. I can't believe he was still out there with all of the backs tht are banged up.

How many team league???

I'm not saying that if Bell get's traded, he's going to light up the fantasy world, but is anybody considering the possibility that he could get traded to a team like Tampa Bay, and have his value rise? People are reaching to pick up Cleveland's back-up, but they are going to laugh off Tatum Bell. Come on.

I'm not saying that if Bell get's traded, he's going to light up the fantasy world, but is anybody considering the possibility that he could get traded to a team like Tampa Bay, and have his value rise? People are reaching to pick up Cleveland's back-up, but they are going to laugh off Tatum Bell. Come on.

It isn't a possibility that his value will rise - no matter where he is traded, he was given all the opportunity to seize the starting gig in Denver and Detroit - he was unable to do both. He can't run in the middle between the tackles and fumbles often. The guy is a speedster, I will give him that - if he gets into open space there aren't many faster than him. But most of the time he can't get to the next level, he is just a backup change of pace back.

He will probably just be a backup wherever he goes, if he gets signed to a team or someone has interest in him.

Tatum is going to Miami...welcome to Miami...party in the city where the Heat is on all night at the beach to the break of dawn...Tatum's going to Miami...welcome to Miami.

If DET lets Tinker fly, they have Duckett and Avion Cason backing up their guy fresh off a Lis Franc injury....is even Matt Millen stupid enough to pull that move?

I say it doesn't happen.

I'd love to Seattle grab him...if nothing else just to light a fire under Alexander's loafing, no tackle-breaking ass.

Actually scratch that..Mo Morris is much better.

I'd love to Seattle grab him...if nothing else just to light a fire under Alexander's loafing, no tackle-breaking ass.

Actually scratch that..Mo Morris is much better.

Yeah, why would you want to have Shaun Alexander's 1 armed-Cedric Benson style running and then spell him with a guy who fumbles every other game?

MORRIS 4 PREZ PLZ!

Detroit has already said that Tinker isnt going anywhere. Time to let the Tinker talk die a timely death so that Tinker gets the attention he deserves. IE NONE.

He should just return punts and kickoffs - there is no doubt the guy is fast.

But then again... If he fumbles when getting hit from a linebacker how is he going to fare when there are players with 60 yards of momentum coming straight at him?