Sign in to follow this  
Boz/BoFan

When are Califonians gonna get their $1000.00 Debit cards?

That's funny. Because again, being treated unfairly gives you the right to burn sh*t down.

Nice to see how black people think. :shocking:

gee, the french and the russians did it and it was called a revolution.

he wasn't on pcp, that was an excuse they used to justify the beating they gave him.

cops is not a scripted program and yes, it provides me with enough information for me to make the judgement that they used extreme force.

Ok, well then watching Cops gives me enough information that I need to stay away from black people and white people without shirts on because they are the only ones that commit crimes......

Ok, well then watching Cops gives me enough information that I need to stay away from black people and white people without shirts on because they are the only ones that commit crimes......

it's your choice and i believe many people do live by that philosophy.

good grief, i have a date and i'm still at work.

lawrd, i've got to go.

bye.

it's your choice and i believe many people do live by that philosophy.

good grief, i have a date and i'm still at work.

lawrd, i've got to go.

bye.

Don't get pregnant.

Don't get pregnant.

Toro, attempting to build a better world, one non pregnancy at a time.

I commend you sir!

I can't believe that anyone would be naive enough to say Cops is unscripted yet not understand that it is edited and thus base one's opinions on that tv show.

If I could pick one person to never create a child it would be the ignorant, arrogant and racist extreme  Peenie.

If I could pick one person to never create a child it would be the ignorant, arrogant and racist extreme  Peenie.

too late!

gee, the french and the russians did it and it was called a revolution.

They couldn't vote, either.

Do you think about what you type? :unsure:

Actually the video isn't conclusive. The Jury apparently saw an additional 13 seconds that most if not all of the news channels chose to edit out. The acquittal was, according to Wikipedia, heavily based upon those 13 seconds. Most people, myself included, haven't seen those 13 seconds. Maybe there's more to this story than meets the eye? :lol:

There's a lot more to that whole thing than people realize. First of all, they had been in a high speed pursuit chasing him for a very long time. Then, the first officer to confront him was a fairly small female. Because of the situation and not knowing if he was armed or not, she drew her weapon, pointed it at him, and ordered him down on the ground. He LAUGHED at her and failed to comply with her directions. I'm sorry, but that reaction in and of itself immediately raises the level of force involved. Then, while the cops were fighting WITH him, he was tazed twice (with the older style tazers, which were much less effective than those that are in use today). He continued to struggle and resist efforts to take him into custody. They had to continually fight him to finally get him handcuffed.

It's at this point that they finally went too far. Once he was cuffed, the deal was over and they should have stopped. Continuing to strike him was uncalled for and unprofessional, at the least. That being said, while I don't agree with what they did, I can certainly see how it could happen. Their adrenaline was totally maxed and pumping. I totally realize and understand that as law enforcement officers, we are held to a higher standard and are supposed to be able to just turn things like adrenaline pump off like a lightswitch immediately. In reality, it doesn't always work that way. How many guys have been in a street fight and kicked somebody that was down on the ground and no longer fighting, maybe kicked them two or three times?? Why?? The fight was obviously over when the guy was down and not continuing to engage. The reason is because of adrenaline and anger, anger at being put into a situation where you were forced to fight when you most likely didn't want to. Or in the King case, in a fight for their lives. See, that's the one big thing people tend to forget. When a cop gets into a fight, it's ALWAYS a fight for his/her life. I lose that fight, I very easily lose my weapon and my life. And to be forced into that situation by some jack@ss who simply wouldn't listen to lawful commands pisses you off. Add the extreme adrenaline dump, and it's easy to lose control.

Like I said, I don't agree with or condone what happened, but I can see HOW it happened.

Here's a neat focking concept for all of those "victims" out there....You don't like my directions, then follow them, let me finish my business, and then go on about your business. After we part ways, you can file a complaint and go through the process the right way. All you do by not following my directions is put yourself in a position to take the happy ride to jail. But, it's just pure idiocy and ignorance to cause yourself to go to jail 'cuz you don't like me dealing with you.

Not going to quote it all, but well said Blade.

I have not been stopped by the Cops often, but it has happened. And, in the few times it has happened, I have always asked, "what am I doing wrong?" Always, a taillight or equivalent. Never been a problem. I always figure that when the police stop me, it's the whole "serve and protect" thing first. If everyone had that attitude, law enforcement people would be a much easier and less stressful profession and adrenaline would rarely be an issue.

If you have done nothing wrong, there is no reason to fear the police.

Thanks, LDBDE, I appreciate the props. :lol:

On a different note, in response to a couple of posts earlier: They didn't riot in the OJ case because he was found not guilty. That's the only reason. Had they found him guilty (which they absolutely should have for never before has there been any more indisputable evidence of a single person's guilt, but I digress), they would have rioted again. They were all set to do it. The sad part is they were all set to destroy their own community again all over a man that had totally disowned and disavowed himself of the black community once he became wealthy and famous. It's amazing how much the community identifies with him, but he could care less and doesn't associate himself with that same community.

And to those that think you can watch Cops and then have any clue what real law enforcement is about......Please, please, please come back to planet earth and back into reality. If you truly want a picture of what it's like to do my job, contact your local agency and inquire about doing a citizen's ride-a-long. Most agencies have some sort of program that allows citizens to ride with officers to really see what the job is about. But, don't just ride one night. Try to ride a few times and ask for the busier areas (and Saturdays are probably your best bet for the average working folk). You won't see everything in one night, and some nights (even on weekends) are just dead. But, if you ride a few times, you have a much better chance of seeing what the job is really like. You'll get a much better idea of the pure idiocy of society in general. But, please try to ride if you really want to have any sort of understanding what this job is like. The show Cops is nothing but dramatized cr@p because it gets edited so much to make sure that it's "exciting."

Anyways, stay safe all.

How many guys have been in a street fight and kicked somebody that was down on the ground and no longer fighting, maybe kicked them two or three times?? Why?? The fight was obviously over when the guy was down and not continuing to engage. The reason is because of adrenaline and anger, anger at being put into a situation where you were forced to fight when you most likely didn't want to.

I grew up with three brothers in a fairly tough neighborhood. I grew up with a code when fighting. You never kick someone when they are down. You have to be a lowlife do that. You don't blame that on adrenaline. You blame it on upbringing. Is that the type of people who become cops nowadays? When i was little I had respect for the police and while the majority of police officers are decent people there are a lot of scum too. I met a lot of police in Chicago at a party a couple of years ago because a friend was going out with a cop and I went to a party with them. The cops there were extemely racist. If you can't admit that most big city cops are a little racist you are either stupid or a liar.

If you kicked someone two or three times when they were down then you need a beat down. People who do that you have no morals and are scum.

Rodney King was beaten down when he was not resisting. That in itself is a crime. Nothing that happened before that could absolve them.

If you can't admit that most big city cops are a little racist you are either stupid or a liar.

I wouldn't say racist, but I would say prejudiced. But then again, if every day you dealt with crimes and a very large majority of the perps were black, you'd have to be a robot not to start developing prejudices.

I grew up with three brothers in a fairly tough neighborhood. I grew up with a code when fighting. You never kick someone when they are down. You have to be a lowlife do that. You don't blame that on adrenaline. You blame it on upbringing. Is that the type of people who become cops nowadays? When i was little I had respect for the police and while the majority of police officers are decent people there are a lot of scum too. I met a lot of police in Chicago at a party a couple of years ago because a friend was going out with a cop and I went to a party with them. The cops there were extemely racist. If you can't admit that most big city cops are a little racist you are either stupid or a liar.

If you kicked someone two or three times when they were down then you need a beat down. People who do that you have no morals and are scum.

Rodney King was beaten down when he was not resisting. That in itself is a crime. Nothing that happened before that could absolve them.

Fock da po-leece comin str8 from tha undaground a young niggga got it bad cuz im brown!!!!

Joking, actually, Evil number, eat a d!ck, they should have offed that phucking cockkhole on the spot. Would have probably saved us millions in babysitting the next 5 generation of the King family. Edumacate urself dullard.

July 27, 1987: According to a complaint filed by his wife, King beat her while she was sleeping, then dragged her outside the house and beat her again. King was charged with battery and pleaded "no contest." He was placed on probation and ordered to obtain counseling. He never got the counseling.

November 3, 1989: King, brandishing a tire iron, ordered a convenience store clerk to empty the cash register. The clerk grabbed the tire iron, causing King to fall backwards and knock over a pie rack. King swung the rack at the clerk and fled the store with $200. King was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon, second-degree robbery, and intent to commit great bodily injury. In a plea agreement, King pleaded guilty to the robbery charge and the other charges were dropped. He was sentenced to two years in prison, but was paroled on December 27, 1990.

The Arrest of Rodney King on March 3, 1991

March 3, 1991: After being seen speeding on the 210 freeway by CHP officers, King led them on a chase at speeds estimated at up to 110 to 115 mph. When finally stopped, King refused requests to get into the prone position and appeared to charge one of the officers. He was beaten and arrested. King was charged with felony evading. Charges were later dropped.

King's 3/3/91 Arrest Record

King's Trouble with the Law After March 3, 1991

May 11, 1991: King was pulled over for having an excessively tinted windshield. Although King was driving without a license and his car registration had expired, King was not charged.

May 28, 1991: King picked up a transvestite prostitute in Hollywood who happened to be under surveillance by LAPD officers. King and the prostitute were observed in an alley engaging in sexual activity. When the prostitute spotted the officers, King sped away, nearly hitting one of them. King later explained that he thought the vice officers were robbers trying to kill him. No charges were filed.

June 26, 1992: King's second wife reported to police that King had hit her and she feared for her life. King was handcuffed and taken to a police station, but his wife then decided against pressing charges.

July 16, 1992: King was arrested at 1:40 A.M. for driving while intoxicated. No charges were filed.

August 21, 1993: King crashed into a wall near a downtown Los Angeles nightclub. He had a blood alcohol level of 0.19. King was charged with violating his parole and sent for sixty day to an alcohol treatment center. He was also convicted on the DUI charge and ordered to perform twenty days of community service.

May 21, 1995: King was arrested for DUI while on a trip to Pennsylvania. King failed field sobriety tests, but refused to submit to a blood test. He was tried and acquitted.

July 14, 1995: King got into an argument with his wife while he was driving, pulled off the freeway and ordered her out of the car. When she started to get out, King sped off, leaving her on the highway with a bruised arm. King was charged with assault with a deadly weapon (his car), reckless driving, spousal abuse, and hit-and-run. King was tried on all four charges, but found guilty only of hit-and-run driving.

March 3, 1999: King allegedly injured the sixteen-year-old girl that he had fathered out of wedlock when he was seventeen, as well as the girl's mother. King was arrested for injuring the woman, the girl, and for vandalizing property. King claimed that the incident was simply "a family misunderstanding."

September 29, 2001: King was arrested for indecent exposure and use of the hallucinogenic drug PCP.

I wouldn't say racist, but I would say prejudiced. But then again, if every day you dealt with crimes and a very large majority of the perps were black, you'd have to be a robot not to start developing prejudices.

It's not the fact that the majority of perps that you deal with are black that gets under your skin, it's the fact that every time I as a white officer deal with a black offender, I'm a racist cracker. I stop a white older Benz in the middle of the night for a clear cut violation of the Florida traffic laws. The windows were tinted so dark that I couldn't see into the vehicle. But, according to the driver, I stopped him because he was "a black man driving a Benz." I tried several times to explain the violation to him, but he kept speaking over me and talking that same cr@p that it was a black/white thing. I'm just tired of the same old story. I could really care less what color, race, creed, gender, etc. a person is. I treat everybody as fairly as I can.

It's not the fact that the majority of perps that you deal with are black that gets under your skin, it's the fact that every time I as a white officer deal with a black offender, I'm a racist cracker. I stop a white older Benz in the middle of the night for a clear cut violation of the Florida traffic laws. The windows were tinted so dark that I couldn't see into the vehicle. But, according to the driver, I stopped him because he was "a black man driving a Benz." I tried several times to explain the violation to him, but he kept speaking over me and talking that same cr@p that it was a black/white thing. I'm just tired of the same old story. I could really care less what color, race, creed, gender, etc. a person is. I treat everybody as fairly as I can.

You're in FL? Then, you are going to love this one. I visited Melbourne in anticipation of moving here. Got stopped less than 2 miles from the airport. Turns out that with street lights, I did not realized I did not turn on my head lights (my car does this automatically, so I don't even think about it). I was fumbling around trying to figure out how the fock to turn them on and he just reached in and turned them on, said "goodnight sir, drive safe." I laughed all the way to the hotel. I saw him cracking up as he walked away.

Guess I wasn't much of a threat. Guess he should have beat me senseless for my senselessness. :doh: "Serve and protect" was exhibited that night. Point is again, if one is civil, one gets treated civilly. Whether it's a cop or anyone else. Regardless of race.

A couple of things. First, I've never kicked someone when they were down. I don't agree with it, nor do I condone it. But it happens every day. I see the aftermath of it on a daily basis. Second, I stated in my post that I didn't agree with what happened after King was cuffed, just that I could see how it happened. That's all, nothing else.

As for the statement about the type of people who are becoming cops nowadays, the type of people you're talking about won't survive in today's policing environment. Many agencies are requiring college degrees simply to get hired for $30-45K per year. That isn't much money compared to the rest of society for what this line of work demands.

Finally, as for the statement in bold, that's a pretty broad statement to make based on a fairly small sample size. I'm guessing, but there's probably somewhere in the area of 8,000-10,000 sworn police officers at Chicago PD. A decent sized party probably had roughly 200 people at it. If they were ALL police officers, you are making a statement based on roughly 2-2.5% of the population. Please tell me you have more to base your statement about us racist cops than 2-2.5%.

I work with someone who has family working on the job at Chicago PD. My buddy went up there a couple of years ago and did a couple of ride-a-longs while he was there visiting. He told me there are districts where every police car has bullet holes in them. He and the guy he was riding with went down a street in a hood area and their car was shot at just for riding down the street. I wouldn't call those ideal working conditions.

It's easy for people like you to talk shat about cops, and how we're racist, dirty, ogres, whatever, but who do you call when things go bump in the middle of the night and your world gets turned upside down??? Those same people that you were just talking shat about, that's who. I don't like @sshole cops anymore than anybody else does because they make us all look bad, but even the jerks work to keep the streets safe so you can go about your life in relative safety.

A couple of things. First, I've never kicked someone when they were down. I don't agree with it, nor do I condone it. But it happens every day. I see the aftermath of it on a daily basis. Second, I stated in my post that I didn't agree with what happened after King was cuffed, just that I could see how it happened. That's all, nothing else.

As for the statement about the type of people who are becoming cops nowadays, the type of people you're talking about won't survive in today's policing environment. Many agencies are requiring college degrees simply to get hired for $30-45K per year. That isn't much money compared to the rest of society for what this line of work demands.

Finally, as for the statement in bold, that's a pretty broad statement to make based on a fairly small sample size. I'm guessing, but there's probably somewhere in the area of 8,000-10,000 sworn police officers at Chicago PD. A decent sized party probably had roughly 200 people at it. If they were ALL police officers, you are making a statement based on roughly 2-2.5% of the population. Please tell me you have more to base your statement about us racist cops than 2-2.5%.

I work with someone who has family working on the job at Chicago PD. My buddy went up there a couple of years ago and did a couple of ride-a-longs while he was there visiting. He told me there are districts where every police car has bullet holes in them. He and the guy he was riding with went down a street in a hood area and their car was shot at just for riding down the street. I wouldn't call those ideal working conditions.

It's easy for people like you to talk shat about cops, and how we're racist, dirty, ogres, whatever, but who do you call when things go bump in the middle of the night and your world gets turned upside down??? Those same people that you were just talking shat about, that's who. I don't like @sshole cops anymore than anybody else does because they make us all look bad, but even the jerks work to keep the streets safe so you can go about your life in relative safety.

Good post. :doh:

Also, I've got a grandma in Florida, I'd ask you to protect her, but you're more likely to arrest her. :banana:

I didn't read this whole thread, but I just wanted to say that peenie is a complete and utter racist apologist. Anyone from NaturallyCurly who has the guts to come here and argue this based on her comments in this thread is welcome to do so. Otherwise I don't really care. :doh:

on what grounds?

not that i care if you think i'm a racist, you all fear that word not me.

You're in FL? Then, you are going to love this one. I visited Melbourne in anticipation of moving here. Got stopped less than 2 miles from the airport. Turns out that with street lights, I did not realized I did not turn on my head lights (my car does this automatically, so I don't even think about it). I was fumbling around trying to figure out how the fock to turn them on and he just reached in and turned them on, said "goodnight sir, drive safe." I laughed all the way to the hotel. I saw him cracking up as he walked away.

Guess I wasn't much of a threat. Guess he should have beat me senseless for my senselessness. :overhead: "Serve and protect" was exhibited that night. Point is again, if one is civil, one gets treated civilly. Whether it's a cop or anyone else. Regardless of race.

Lol, yea, I works nights so I see that an awful lot. I usually just try to get their attention and kindly remind them that it's usually a good idea to have their headlights on.. ;)

The sad part about the guy in the Benz is that his mouth cost about $150. I was just going to stop him and give him a warning because what he did is a personal pet peeve. But, his attitude irritated me so much that I ended up writing him a ticket for the violation. Oh well, what can you do??

And, yes, I'm in Florida, on the West Coast.....Go Bucs :thumbsup:

Good post. :thumbsup:

Also, I've got a grandma in Florida, I'd ask you to protect her, but you're more likely to arrest her. :banana:

:cheers:

Bring her on, I'm an equal opportunity type copper.... :banana:

:cheers:

Bring her on, I'm an equal opportunity type copper.... :banana:

Lol, she's 73. Has two Harley's. Wanted to bartend but no one would hire her lol. Gotta love Grandma. Small (like 5 feet even) but she knows how to live it up. She'd probably put her cigarette out on your face for pulling her over. :banana:

If you're ever in Fort Myers, watch out. :thumbsup:

on what grounds?

not that i care if you think i'm a racist, you all fear that word not me.

I presume that is a response to me. I don't fear the word at all. On what grounds? Your statements in this thread.

I did not realize that you had been on welfare. Congrats on getting out of that and making a life for yourself, seriously. It provides some insight as to why you are so defensive. To the point of the thread though, it doesn't address why people in SoCal who have lost their homes to a natural disaster are not afforded the same level of relief.

Lol, yea, I works nights so I see that an awful lot. I usually just try to get their attention and kindly remind them that it's usually a good idea to have their headlights on.. :cheers:

The sad part about the guy in the Benz is that his mouth cost about $150. I was just going to stop him and give him a warning because what he did is a personal pet peeve. But, his attitude irritated me so much that I ended up writing him a ticket for the violation. Oh well, what can you do??

And, yes, I'm in Florida, on the West Coast.....Go Bucs :thumbsup:

So much for a Geek Meet. Unless Wi goes to a FL bowel game. Where on West FL?

Lol, she's 73. Has two Harley's. Wanted to bartend but no one would hire her lol. Gotta love Grandma. Small (like 5 feet even) but she knows how to live it up. She'd probably put her cigarette out on your face for pulling her over. :banana:

If you're ever in Fort Myers, watch out. :thumbsup:

Lol. You know something, though, you have to give her some props for living her life the way she wants to and enjoying it. Obviously I hope she does so on the right side of the law, but I give her credit for livin' it up.. :cheers:

So much for a Geek Meet. Unless Wi goes to a FL bowel game. Where on West FL?

Just south of Tampa, southside of the Bay.

Lol. You know something, though, you have to give her some props for living her life the way she wants to and enjoying it. Obviously I hope she does so on the right side of the law, but I give her credit for livin' it up.. :cheers:

Haha definitely. It's odd though, because she's my mom's mother and my mom is the most calm person ever. No smoking, drinking, swearing, etc. On the other hand, my Dad smokes, drinks a beer with steaks and when UK is playing, and will let a few curse words fly if mad or whatever and his mom is the "prototypical grandmother". Always wears sweaters with stuff on them, cooks a massive meal daily (no kidding, think Thanksgiving), sews each of her 8 kids a quilt as part of their Christmas gift each year, etc. Totally reversed. I guess that's what Florida will do to you. :thumbsup:

Just south of Tampa, southside of the Bay.

Maybe as part of a WI bowel game. Looks like they are headed to Tampa game, again...........

Maybe we could have a few and get a chauffeured ride home w/o bracelets. :overhead:

Maybe as part of a WI bowel game. Looks like they are headed to Tampa game, again...........

Maybe we could have a few and get a chauffeured ride home w/o bracelets. :overhead:

:music_guitarred:

What brought you to sunny Florida????

:overhead:

What brought you to sunny Florida????

Long story short. I am 1/2 Australian and love the surf (lived there for a couple of years). I lived most of my life in the frozen tundra of WI. I suffer from Winter Eczema, the only cure for which is sunshine and humidity. My kids are mostly grown. Why not live where I want to? Love it here. But, I must say they don't call it Mel-boring for no reason.

Long story short. I am 1/2 Australian and love the surf (lived there for a couple of years). I lived most of my life in the frozen tundra of WI. I suffer from Winter Eczema, the only cure for which is sunshine and humidity. My kids are mostly grown. Why not live where I want to? Love it here. But, I must say they don't call it Mel-boring for no reason.

Well, it's starting to get into the nice time of year now. It obviously won't get anywhere near as cold as it does up north, but it's a nice, refreshing change when it cools off here and gets into the 30s and 40s at night. Of course, that doesn't usually happen until January-February range.

I've been here 22 years from Indianapolis and definitely don't miss the snow and all of that hassle.

The reason why SD got the red carpet treatment is because SD is a big Republican rich area. They grease each other's wallets. End of story!@#@!

1) The scale of the California fires and Katrina is like comparing a pebble to the sun.

2) Most people in California didn't need gov't assistance. They have jobs and insurance.

1) The scale of the California fires and Katrina is like comparing a pebble to the sun.

2) Most people in California didn't need gov't assistance. They have jobs and insurance.

The gov does need $ when it comes to re-election and chit. Best to keep those SD's happy says the gobernor of Ca.. :pointstosky:

The gov does need $ when it comes to re-election and chit. Best to keep those SD's happy says the gobernor of Ca.. :pointstosky: