Sign in to follow this  
mec411

DeShawn WYNN placed on IR

:wub:

Let's lay this to rest until Sunday. He puts up 100 and a TD on against an average KC run defense in their house, then I'm sold on him and you are a football genius. If he does that, you can bump this thread and proclaim to the FFToday message boards how you "owned" a guy who didn't believe in your WW gold. Then when Grant leads you to your league's winnings you can purchase the domain name www.mephistoownedadidobrotheronfftoday.com and email the link to your best friend.

See... this is typical of what morons like you do. You invent what I said or otherwise imply in order to put you in the best position to say "Told Ya So!"

I don't care what he gets from here on out.

I called you out on your bullsh!t assessment of his efforts and abilities on Monday Night Football specifically.

I called bullsh!t on your claim that people dump quality players for a "flavor of the month." IF that happens, it is certainly the exception, not the rule. People dump marginal or consistently underperforming players to try to catch that "flash in the pan."

I don't know if he is going to be WW "gold" or silver or brass or stainless steel. I pointed out that he played well, he was a much better runner than you gave him credit for on MNF... and as a STARTER - he is worth something until he proves he is worth nothing.

So let's not "let this rest until Sunday." I called out your assessment and supported it. You made up crap and failed to support it with regard to how he played on MNF. Further, several analysts and the coach and players have expressed the very same potential future points that I stressed earlier in this thread.

How he performs from here on out matters not. You were wrong about MNF. You're clearly wrong about his value to those in need and even went so far as to make the same assessments as I did earlier, which fly in the face of your sarcastic dump on Grant earlier in the thread.

As I said - you must have been watching a different game than everyone else... whether he puts up 100+1 against KC or puts up 14+0 and leaves the game in favor of Morency.

See... this is typical of what morons like you do. You invent what I said or otherwise imply in order to put you in the best position to say "Told Ya So!"

I don't care what he gets from here on out.

I called you out on your bullsh!t assessment of his efforts and abilities on Monday Night Football specifically.

I called bullsh!t on your claim that people dump quality players for a "flavor of the month." IF that happens, it is certainly the exception, not the rule. People dump marginal or consistently underperforming players to try to catch that "flash in the pan."

I don't know if he is going to be WW "gold" or silver or brass or stainless steel. I pointed out that he played well, he was a much better runner than you gave him credit for on MNF... and as a STARTER - he is worth something until he proves he is worth nothing.

So let's not "let this rest until Sunday." I called out your assessment and supported it. You made up crap and failed to support it with regard to how he played on MNF. Further, several analysts and the coach and players have expressed the very same potential future points that I stressed earlier in this thread.

How he performs from here on out matters not. You were wrong about MNF. You're clearly wrong about his value to those in need and even went so far as to make the same assessments as I did earlier, which fly in the face of your sarcastic dump on Grant earlier in the thread.

As I said - you must have been watching a different game than everyone else... whether he puts up 100+1 against KC or puts up 14+0 and leaves the game in favor of Morency.

Here's my position, read my posts:

1) I don't think Grant is that talented. I stand by that. From the plays I saw, like I said, he ran hard, but he didn't run smart. He'll still be used just to establish the threat of a run, and that's only if he maintains the starter's job. Other folks had the same assessment: "temper expectations, it was against the worst rushing defense in the league". Hell, he may fit the GB system well, but we won't really know until we have more data, won't we? When it comes to this, if he proves me wrong - I'll admit it.

2) I never said he was unrosterable. Every RB getting starter's snaps is rosterable, everyone knows that. My advice, again you fockwit, is to temper expectations and don't think you can rely on him.

3) You are enamored with me saying "I love it when a guy drops a good player in order to pick up the WW flavor of the week" - to the point you have called it out specifically and wrote a focking book about it despite its flippancy. Well, we all know there are transaction junkies in every league. Many times they end up dropping a quality player for someone who lit it up one week, only to flame out the next. Sorry, but I can't really point them out to you, as I'm not in any of your leagues. But you have probably been playing FF enough to know that they exist.

Once again, ######, let me summarize: From what I saw, I don't think he's that great a player, and I wouldn't drop a quality player for him. That simple. Some guy here mentioned he dropped Fragile Fred for him. I wouldn't do that in a standard league (he specified later it's a TD heavy league, so the move makes more sense) unless I really needed a spark.

Now, instead of giving your life meaning by picking sissy slapfights with anonymous interweb posters, you might want to just enjoy the football games this weekend and try to ignore the buzzing of your wife's vibrator in the next room. :doublethumbsup:

Excerpts from an article pulled from RTSports:

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -While Brett Favre's two long touchdown passes in Monday night's overtime win at Denver got all the attention, the Green Bay Packers might have found something even more important: a running game and a bona fide starting halfback in Ryan Grant.

After relying on the pass their first six games, the Packers (6-1) had their first balanced offensive attack of the season with 28 passes and 27 runs.

-----

``We've struggled all year with it,'' said right tackle Mark Tauscher, singled out by McCarthy as having had ``an exceptional day'' blocking on the back side. ``To come out and execute after a bye week with all the emphasis on it was important for us.''

Added center Jason Spitz, who started in place of Scott Wells for the second straight game: ``It was nice to move the ball for once in that aspect of the game. We really emphasized the run in practice last week. It's been something that's obviously been vital for us to correct. And I think we corrected it. We still have a lot of work to do, but I'm satisfied with it right now.''

-----

Grant, meanwhile, seems to fit the Packers' zone-blocking scheme better than any of the team's other backs. At 6-foot-1 and 224 pounds, he has better size than Wynn (5-10, 232), Brandon Jackson (5-10, 212) and Vernand Morency (5-10, 212). In addition, Grant looks like he runs harder and more decisively than the others.

-----

``His body type, he's taller, he has longer leverage than the other running backs, he runs with a natural forward lean,'' McCarthy said. ``He doesn't waste steps. He had that running style before he arrived here, and that's a big part of being successful in the zone schemes. The other guys are built differently, have different running styles.

-----

Grant, acquired from the New York Giants for a sixth-round draft pick on Sept. 1, gained four or more yards on 12 of 22 attempts, including three 7-yard runs, two 6-yarders, an 8-yarder, a 9-yarder and a 24-yard gain.

He was stopped for a loss or no gain just three times, a credit to the offensive line.

-----

It should also help the passing game.

Favre's 79-yard TD to James Jones and his 82-yard winner to Jennings came off play-action fakes.

``Play-action is kind of nonexistent when you're not running the ball,'' said Favre, who completed 21 of 27 passes for 331 yards and two touchdowns against the Broncos.

``So both were down-the-field throws, but they came off play-action. You don't call those play-actions if you're not running the ball effectively. I always felt play-action was one of my better parts of my game, but it doesn't make a lot of sense if you're not running the ball well.''

So it looks like I wasn't the only one who saw the very things I tried to explain to Didodope. And clearly, he wasn't watching the same game most everyone else was watching, including the professionals like Coach McCarthy.

Owned. :thumbsup:

Wow. Maybe the greatest single post asss-kicking on these boreds evah.

Focking owned. :cheers: :banana: :banana:

1) I don't think Grant is that talented. I stand by that. From the plays I saw, like I said, he ran hard, but he didn't run smart. He'll still be used just to establish the threat of a run, and that's only if he maintains the starter's job. Other folks had the same assessment: "temper expectations, it was against the worst rushing defense in the league". Hell, he may fit the GB system well, but we won't really know until we have more data, won't we? When it comes to this, if he proves me wrong - I'll admit it.

Let me ask you, Johnny McTalentscout - how many times have you seen Grant play? Maybe you only saw the 3 rushes for no-gain or less because I'll tell you what, give me a roster full of "not smart runners" who average 4 to 5 yards per carry. In one breath you repeatedly claim he "isn't that talented and you stand by that" - and in the next "we won't really know until we have more data." Which is it, genius?

Did you follow his college career? Attend games where he was a #1 runningback? Or are you basic your assessment from your food-stained cloth recliner on one night against the Broncos?

2) I never said he was unrosterable. Every RB getting starter's snaps is rosterable, everyone knows that. My advice, again you fockwit, is to temper expectations and don't think you can rely on him.

I didn't say you said that. I said your assessment was a load of bullsh!t. Of course you temper your expectations with a newbie in the backfield... you don't stamp him untalented and he doesn't run "smart" after one game... and particularly not the one game where he happened to play extremely well.

3) You are enamored with me saying "I love it when a guy drops a good player in order to pick up the WW flavor of the week" - to the point you have called it out specifically and wrote a focking book about it despite its flippancy. Well, we all know there are transaction junkies in every league. Many times they end up dropping a quality player for someone who lit it up one week, only to flame out the next. Sorry, but I can't really point them out to you, as I'm not in any of your leagues. But you have probably been playing FF enough to know that they exist.

Not in my experience. Not a quality player. Fred Taylor surely hasn't been doing jack-squat this year. He's ranked 47th in my league.

And drop the non-witty comebacks... your use of ###### and vibrator retorts can't even be described as unfunny. They're negative-unfunny, you focking tool.

Wow. Maybe the greatest single post asss-kicking on these boreds evah.

Focking owned. :mad: :mad: :pointstosky:

Are you really that dumb? Because he used bold letters and italics in something that didn't refute anything A Dido Brother said, that's ownage. Meph is hung up on the waiver wire junky comment Dido made. Dido didn't say Grant was worthless. He said to temper expectations b/c Grant was running strong but WASN'T running smart and he did it against the 2nd or 3rd worst run D in the league. What the fock is with some people?

Are you really that dumb? Because he used bold letters and italics in something that didn't refute anything A Dido Brother said, that's ownage. Meph is hung up on the waiver wire junky comment Dido made. Dido didn't say Grant was worthless. He said to temper expectations b/c Grant was running strong but WASN'T running smart and he did it against the 2nd or 3rd worst run D in the league. What the fock is with some people?

I also took exception to the ludicrous blanket assessment of Ryan Grant's talent (or lack thereof) based upon one game where he actually ran quite well, despite Dido's allegedly having watched him all game long. Most of the coach's assessment, evaluation, and expectations refute Dido's "expert" assessment of someone he's likely never seen play any meaningful time before Monday night.

Let's keep it real.

I also took exception to the ludicrous blanket assessment of Ryan Grant's talent (or lack thereof) based upon one game where he actually ran quite well, despite Dido's allegedly having watched him all game long. Most of the coach's assessment, evaluation, and expectations refute Dido's "expert" assessment of someone he's likely never seen play any meaningful time before Monday night.

Let's keep it real.

I'm all for keeping it real, but the Packers are desperate for a starting running back, and they've been getting a total of 70 yards a game on the ground... 100 yards against ANYONE is reason for them to be positive. I don't put a whole lot of stock in that, just like I don't put a whole lot of stock in a coaching focusing on the positives in a rookie QB, who objectively had a bad game. Different situation, different magnitude, but same idea.

I'm all for keeping it real, but the Packers are desperate for a starting running back, and they've been getting a total of 70 yards a game on the ground... 100 yards against ANYONE is reason for them to be positive. I don't put a whole lot of stock in that, just like I don't put a whole lot of stock in a coaching focusing on the positives in a rookie QB, who objectively had a bad game. Different situation, different magnitude, but same idea.

What the fock are you talking about? What rookie QB?

He focused on the improved blocking, something that they focused on very significantly during the last two weeks. He noted the size and style differences of Grant compared to his other backs. He reiterated the need to get the running game going, something that they've wanted to do from the outset, contrary to Dido's contention that their offense was predicated on the pass. They passed because they had no running game. Grant wasn't in there simply because Wynn got hurt... the focking guy took almost all of the first team reps leading up to the Broncos game... I'm not sure if any of you "experts" knew that.

All that blathering aside, "many" people do not drop quality players for the WW flavor of the week and Dido's assessment of Grant's performance on MNF and abilities is wrong, and if not wrong, completely based on zero real history.

What the fock are you talking about? What rookie QB?

He focused on the improved blocking, something that they focused on very significantly during the last two weeks. He noted the size and style differences of Grant compared to his other backs. He reiterated the need to get the running game going, something that they've wanted to do from the outset, contrary to Dido's contention that their offense was predicated on the pass. They passed because they had no running game. Grant wasn't in there simply because Wynn got hurt... the focking guy took almost all of the first team reps leading up to the Broncos game... I'm not sure if any of you "experts" knew that.

All that blathering aside, "many" people do not drop quality players for the WW flavor of the week and Dido's assessment of Grant's performance on MNF and abilities is wrong, and if not wrong, completely based on zero real history.

I kindly pointed out that the rookie QB comparison was just that, a comparison, even caveating how it's different. Believe all you want in Ryan Grant. He's worth a waiver wire pickup in most leagues. I just wouldn't expect a lot. I'm done acknowledging you, you've obviously got a bug up your ass about Dido or your FF team or something in your personal life.

watchin the game grant does not have many moves at all. getting to the second level he did not really try to make any gamebreaking play.

but he did run hard and find the hole at the first level and is a north south runner with dedication and power.

1 cut and go.

i think on 1 run he made a second cut :cheers:

but he can do well in green bay. definitely worth a pickup.

watchin the game grant does not have many moves at all. getting to the second level he did not really try to make any gamebreaking play.

but he did run hard and find the hole at the first level and is a north south runner with dedication and power.

1 cut and go.

i think on 1 run he made a second cut :doublethumbsup:

but he can do well in green bay. definitely worth a pickup.

I think what everyone is failing to realize is that the Grenn Bay zone blocking scheme is predicated on the RB not making any moves, its one cut and go. So if Grant wasn't making moves, then he was running the way the coaching staff would like him to, hard through the hole. The reason why Brandon Jackson failed early seasin is that he did try and make moves.

Perhaps once Grant was in the secondary then he could have tried to shake and bake but that's not his style or his strength, much like Brandon Jacobs or LenWhale White, he's a power back. I think he will surprise people woth his production. I don't think he's going to be anything special, but expect many 75-80 yard, 1 TD games.

Here's my position, read my posts:

I think he's got talent. More talent than Gado, Herron, and Morency -- all who have had 100-yard games for the Packers since they revamped their o-line.

--This was his first game.... obviously, he'll get better as will the Packer line who will be getting two starters back very soon.

--The weather will be getting colder which should increase the run opportunities.

--Favre is playing excellent.... safeties cannot creep up otherwise they will get burned.

--The Packers are moving the ball well which means red zone scoring opportunities

--The Packer defense is playing better than I can ever remember it; that means more and more opportunities to run the ball.

--The Packer FF playoff schedule is crazy easy (and it will be cold, probably snowing, so they will run); plus they have two games against DET to play yet

I tried to get him but I couldn't. I would have dropped my backup kicker to get him....

There's not really any risk and big potential reward... especially for a team like mine that has had a ton of RB injuries/underperformers

:thumbsup:

I think 3 consecutive solid weeks, including 8/81/1 in the first quarter today, effectively shows that ADidoBrother didn't have a clue again.

Jackass.

Give me Grant's kind of "non-smart running" every week.

Yea, it's pretty safe to say that he totally missed the boat on this one. Anybody who has watched Grant run over the last couple of weeks will tell you that he is definitely a round peg in a round hole in that offense with his running style. If he keeps running that way he has, he just might run himself into the permanent starting gig with a phat contract... :music_guitarred:

In the last 5 weeks in my league, Grant is behind only Westbrook and Tomlinson in FF points scored by a runningback.

Once the official stats come in for everyone in week 13, he may jump up a spot or two for "the last 6 weeks."

How about that Ryan Grant and his "unsmart" running? :rolleyes:

I'm still waiting for Dido to chime back in and admit that he was totally off base on this one, just like he said 2 or 3 times he would do if he was proven wrong..... :bandana:

:popcorn: