Sign in to follow this  
OuttaLuck

Tired of the "That's a Team Management" responses

How are topics such as speculation and health NOT team management issues?? :unsure:

Your pushing the semantics issue a little too far to make your point. Specualtion and health issue affect everyone and gets useful informaton.

"Should I make this trade?" or Should I start X or Y?" are specific to that team only. Those topics clutter up the boeard and push good info to page 2 or 3. I think that's why peoplke may get upset. Honestly I don't care much either way, but its really not up to us as we don't own the board or make the rules.

I have the ability to read, and understand simple concepts, therefore when I see the bolded note at the top of the page that says: ! Team Management Questions Belong On The "A Little Help" board, I just follow the rules. Is it really that hard to comprehend? :doublethumbsup:

I have the ability to read, and understand simple concepts, therefore when I see the bolded note at the top of the page that says: ! Team Management Questions Belong On The "A Little Help" board, I just follow the rules. Is it really that hard to comprehend? :nono:

I don't think people are posting team management topics on the general board because they can't comprehend the rules. They post them there because no one ever goes onto the Little Help board.... They probably feel like it's a futile attempt to get feedback when no one is there, so their only hope is to take their chances and hope that there are compasionate people on the board who might give them a break :overhead:

I don't think people are posting team management topics on the general board because they can't comprehend the rules. They post them there because no one ever goes onto the Little Help board.... They probably feel like it's a futile attempt to get feedback when no one is there, so their only hope is to take their chances and hope that there are compasionate people on the board who might give them a break :overhead:

Then you get smart little posts meant to mask intention like the one today titled "Who is benching Roy Williams vs. Denver?" That one got 12 responses......and no one gave the proverbial "go to the other board", but you can't tell me that the OP didn't have team management on his/her mind. Not to mention that there were responses to the tune of "im starting him" or "I would start him" How is that so different than asking about a players prognistications and calling out that you're wondering if you should start him or another player in the post?

Very grey area with this subject in my opinion.

Nobody is over there, because no one follows the rules. If all the Who should I start?, or Should I make this trade? questions were posted and discussed in the correct place the "Little Help" forum would be poppin'. This was how it used to be around here and is the intended use of this whole forum, however because people can't focking read and follow directions the system is broken. Its really a simple concept. :nono:

Nobody is over there, because no one follows the rules. If all the Who should I start?, or Should I make this trade? questions were posted and discussed in the correct place the "Little Help" forum would be poppin'. This was how it used to be around here and is the intended use of this whole forum, however because people can't focking read and follow directions the system is broken. Its really a simple concept. :o

I understand that logic and it makes sense, but I have to wholeheartedly disagree. Answer me this - how many people who know the rules and frequent the general board every day do you feel actually take the time to go over to that board and peruse the team management questions? Very few to be sure.... The select few who go out there are the people who haven't given up on using it, but a person can only take so much inactivity. I'm sure that if many of the members regularly went over there to offer their guidance, we wouldn't be having this problem.

I understand that logic and it makes sense, but I have to wholeheartedly disagree. Answer me this - how many people who know the rules and frequent the general board every day do you feel actually take the time to go over to that board and peruse the team management questions? Very few to be sure.... The select few who go out there are the people who haven't given up on using it, but a person can only take so much inactivity. I'm sure that if many of the members regularly went over there to offer their guidance, we wouldn't be having this problem.

I was bored one day and had a couple trades I was thinking about so I ventured over to the Little Help board and posted a Team Management Question just for shitsNgiggles. But you know what, while I was over there I started responding to others and before you know it I had like 14 or 15 answers to my question.

There is inactivity over there because schmucks post a question, leave for 30 minutes, comeback and see there is only 1 response, then come the Main Board and post it here. Instead of using a forum to not only ask of it but to give back a little too. Just like with almost everything else in this world, you get back what you put in.

So, once again, if people would follow focking simple ass directions the Main board wouldn't be bogged down with crap, and the Help board would be useful.

I was bored one day and had a couple trades I was thinging about so I ventured over to the Little Help board and posted a Team Management Question just for shitsNgiggles. But you know what, while I was over there I started responding to others and before you know it I had like 14 or 15 answers to my question.

There is inactivity over there because schmucks post a question, leave for 30 minutes, comeback and see there is only 1 response, then come the Main Board and post it here. Instead of using a forum to not only ask of it but to give back a little too. Just like with almost everything else in this world, you get back what you put in.

So, once again, if people would follow focking simple ass directions the Main board wouldn't be bogged down with crap, and the Help board would be useful.

Ah....there's the rub. I definitely agree with you there - you have to put in the effort to answer others' questions and they will (hopefully) come back around to yours. I think that is the real problem. People are just too damn lazy to put in that effort so they see only minimal input in return. Then they go on the main board because of the volume members and potential responses.

There must just be a ton of lazy people out there. I checked the first 7 pages of posts on that board, and i think the average reply count was less than 5.....

I don't think people are posting team management topics on the general board because they can't comprehend the rules. They post them there because no one ever goes onto the Little Help board.... They probably feel like it's a futile attempt to get feedback when no one is there, so their only hope is to take their chances and hope that there are compasionate people on the board who might give them a break :thumbsup:

No, the problem is that many of the WSIS posters do not respond to anyone on either bored. They just want someone to tell them what to do. That is the exact reason it is important to keep them off this bored. These people not only don't want to contribute they do not want to learn how to manage their own team. They are zero value added and cluter up the bored.

Chicken and egg . . .

But I disagree, KSB. I think the fault lies more in the answers that are not given. I've run the experiment that you described, and had zero responses over the course of a day. That's an eternity when you're uncertain, as many of those who are new or struggling are.

The Main Bored used to be free of clutter, and then the responses started drying up, and there you have it.

No, the problem is that many of the WSIS posters do not respond to anyone on either bored. They just want someone to tell them what to do. That is the exact reason it is important to keep them off this bored. These people not only don't want to contribute they do not want to learn how to manage their own team. They are zero value added and cluter up the bored.

Agreed. I just noticed one where the OP laid out their WHOLE roster and asked who he/she should start.... that's just rediculous. Obviously a newbie and an idiot...those people SHOULD be stricken down. BTW - i am not a newbie even though my count is low. I've been perusing this site for years, just haven't been posting much.

How do you feel about the subtle management posts, where the OP talks about a player's prospects with the intention of getting management responses back, but isn't explicit with intentions? Those posts seem to elicit meaningful conversation while at the same time answering that persons mgmt question. Just wondering - i might make a sneaky post in the future :dunno:

Right now there are 3 obvious team management threads on the main board.

Bush vs. maroney. 1 response

Maroney vs. Faulk. 0 response

Who to start, big game. 0 response

That's pretty common on any given day.

Not only is it disrespectful to the owners of this FREE site not to follow their rules, it's ineffective anyway. Use the help board.

Agreed. I just noticed one where the OP laid out their WHOLE roster and asked who he/she should start.... that's just rediculous. Obviously a newbie and an idiot...those people SHOULD be stricken down. BTW - i am not a newbie even though my count is low. I've been perusing this site for years, just haven't been posting much.

How do you feel about the subtle management posts, where the OP talks about a player's prospects with the intention of getting management responses back, but isn't explicit with intentions? Those posts seem to elicit meaningful conversation while at the same time answering that persons mgmt question. Just wondering - i might make a sneaky post in the future ;)

I think posts that generate discussion are OK. The difference to me is do the posters want to learn more about FF so they can make their own decisions? Don't tell me who to start but why you like a player. What is your reasoning and thought process?

I'm not trying to equate every post with "WSIS", simply noting that a lot of posts are the equivalent, and that the "Team Management" Police have been going over-"bored", in my opinion.

Let me preface my remarks by saying that to my knowledge I have never started a team management question in this forum. Feel free to look it up. I actually have called a few people out for disguised WSIS questions like this: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...hl=throbbington

As far as team management "police" going overboard, do you own this site and did you make the rules? No, then STFU, quit whining, and follow the focking rules. :mad:

you: 2+2=5
me: no it doesn't you fock
you: oops, you've lost all credibility by insulting me, so you're wrong, 2+2 does = 5.

:thumbsup:

This is probably the most concise way to explain what this thread has turned into. Walter and B.J. are both making solid points but Outta Luck doesn't seem to "be grasping the difference."

Please refrain from comments such as "the difference that seems to escape you" and "you don't seem to be grasping the difference", etc. Those types of comments are offensive, rude, inaccurate and utterly unneccesary. You're implying that I'm incapable of (or at least having trouble with) being able to realize what the issues are, and that's entirely inaccurate.

The real issue is that some people here seem to think that the way a post is phrased is more important than the information generated by that post. For example, review your first two paragraphs above--You say that "news on a specific player is appropriate", but that asking a question about a specific player on your roster is inappropriate...Does anyone here really believe that if you phrase a topic about a player generally, as opposed to asking "Should I start player x or player y", is somehow different or a better or more acceptable question? The purpose is the same--the poster wants information about what player to utilize, and the end result is the same--members here get information, as a result of the post, about fantasy football information.

Are there disguised WSIS questions on this board? Sure. Is that annoying? Absolutely. That said, I believe what you are "failing to grasp" is that things are not nearly as black & white as you are making them out to be. Basically your stance is that if you post information on ANY player that you own it is a team management question. I totally disagree with that position and it is a major oversimplification of the issue. Of course people are going to mainly respond to threads that involve their players. Let me give you some examples:

I have to choose between Lee Evans and Brandon Marshall at flex this week. Let's say I started or contributed to a thread called "Lee Evans: Let's discuss his upside." This is an appropriate thread because it discusses the future of one player that maybe 10% of people on this board own and may be interested in. I am not asking anyone else to determine my roster, I am gathering info and other people's opinions about a player a own. I will use this information later with other sources to make MY OWN decision on who to start, not ask others their opinion on who to start on my team. A good rule of thumb would be if you are asking someone specifically to tell you what to do with your team it goes on the Help Board, if you are discussing a player in general, the main forum is probably OK.

However, a thread called "WSIS: Evans or Marshall?" is inappropriate. It is the textbook definition of a WSIS question and why the A Little Help board was created. I am asking others to tell me what to do. There are probably a few people out there with these two players in this dilemma (maybe 1%?), but why would anyone who owns Evans but not Marshall give a rat's a$$ who to start out of these two?

Another example of a player that has created some recent discussion is Chris Chambers. I don't own Chambers, I'm not playing against him this week, I don't own any other Chargers, and am not thinking about trading for him. Why in the fock would I want to participate in a discussion about Chambers then? Personally, I couldn't care less if I have no involvement with the player. But since he is not on my team, am I to assume this is the only type of thread I can respond to without it being related to my team management?

1) you obviously don't understand the points being made here by Walter

2) LMFAO at you trying to act all "scholarly" on a friggin message bored, and getting offended. Puuuhleeze.

This is the funniest part of this thread. Hey Einstein, put away the thesaurus. This is a fantasy football board for Christ's sake, not a focking think tank. It only makes you sound like a pretentious douche bag. ;)

By the way, WSIS Evans or Marshall? :lol:

I . . . don't know why I'm doing this. You're beyond reasoning with. You've decided on your parameters, and are now attacking well-respected posters because of their phrasing towards you. I don't believe you incapable of comprehending the differences that Walter has very clearly laid out before you. I think you belligerent, and I think you refuse to the see the difference. That's a choice. Have fun with it.

I'm only writing this to suggest that maybe you ought to consider changing your tactics. Well-reasoned, meaningful discussion is appreciated by all, as it's engaging, even when the two sides don't agree. Your question was a good one to start with, but if you refuse to see legitimate points and a different way of thinking, then you're not discussing, and people will either stay away from you completely, or attack and insult you. Again, it's a choice.

Choose wisely.

I don't believe I attacked anyone. I did note that I found the way a post was phrased to be offensive and inaccurate, but I don't think I've been belligerent. I fail to see why Walter can imply strongly that I'm incapable of grasping a concept, and that's acceptable, but when I respond with my thoughts about the manner of his reply, that's unacceptable. I'm not denying entirely the validity or content of Walter's post--but please understand that the purpose of my original post was to try to minimize the "Take it to the help board, A-hole" comments by those who continually post those comments.

Looks like Outta Luck is running outta luck.

Tommy Maddox 5000 yds

Swiftest Player in the NFL

Guess Which NFL Player I Am

Maybe not up to that level, but I'll remember this one for a while. Thanks, OL :thumbsdown:

My original post wasn't directed toward posters such as you, Thornton. Again, I merely was trying to reduce the number of "Wrong bored, focktard" comments and create more responses of a substantive nature. :thumbsdown:

I never have. I don't care who anyone else thinks I should start.

I don't think I ever told anyone to take it to the help board either though.

I have gone to the help board on ocasion to attempt to give some answers.

I think it's clear that you're not one of the posters here who seem to revel in saying "Take it elsewhere, Schmuck". I think your posts are good and informative, and my original post certainly wasn't aimed in any way at you. :thumbsdown:

Your pushing the semantics issue a little too far to make your point. Specualtion and health issue affect everyone and gets useful informaton.

"Should I make this trade?" or Should I start X or Y?" are specific to that team only. Those topics clutter up the boeard and push good info to page 2 or 3. I think that's why peoplke may get upset. Honestly I don't care much either way, but its really not up to us as we don't own the board or make the rules.

I agree to a point, but information about players X and Y generated by such a topic provide information about those players which probably is helpful to the owners of those players. Also, I'm not trying to change the rules--just trying to cut down the number of non-informative replies.

I have the ability to read, and understand simple concepts, therefore when I see the bolded note at the top of the page that says: ! Team Management Questions Belong On The "A Little Help" board, I just follow the rules. Is it really that hard to comprehend? :thumbsdown:

Not at all--(see my prior posts about the purpose of my original one).

Let me preface my remarks by saying that to my knowledge I have never started a team management question in this forum. Feel free to look it up. I actually have called a few people out for disguised WSIS questions like this: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...hl=throbbington

As far as team management "police" going overboard, do you own this site and did you make the rules? No, then STFU, quit whining, and follow the focking rules. :mad:

:pointstosky:

This is probably the most concise way to explain what this thread has turned into. Walter and B.J. are both making solid points but Outta Luck doesn't seem to "be grasping the difference."

Are there disguised WSIS questions on this board? Sure. Is that annoying? Absolutely. That said, I believe what you are "failing to grasp" is that things are not nearly as black & white as you are making them out to be. Basically your stance is that if you post information on ANY player that you own it is a team management question. I totally disagree with that position and it is a major oversimplification of the issue. Of course people are going to mainly respond to threads that involve their players. Let me give you some examples:

I have to choose between Lee Evans and Brandon Marshall at flex this week. Let's say I started or contributed to a thread called "Lee Evans: Let's discuss his upside." This is an appropriate thread because it discusses the future of one player that maybe 10% of people on this board own and may be interested in. I am not asking anyone else to determine my roster, I am gathering info and other people's opinions about a player a own. I will use this information later with other sources to make MY OWN decision on who to start, not ask others their opinion on who to start on my team. A good rule of thumb would be if you are asking someone specifically to tell you what to do with your team it goes on the Help Board, if you are discussing a player in general, the main forum is probably OK.

However, a thread called "WSIS: Evans or Marshall?" is inappropriate. It is the textbook definition of a WSIS question and why the A Little Help board was created. I am asking others to tell me what to do. There are probably a few people out there with these two players in this dilemma (maybe 1%?), but why would anyone who owns Evans but not Marshall give a rat's a$$ who to start out of these two?

Another example of a player that has created some recent discussion is Chris Chambers. I don't own Chambers, I'm not playing against him this week, I don't own any other Chargers, and am not thinking about trading for him. Why in the fock would I want to participate in a discussion about Chambers then? Personally, I couldn't care less if I have no involvement with the player. But since he is not on my team, am I to assume this is the only type of thread I can respond to without it being related to my team management?

This is the funniest part of this thread. Hey Einstein, put away the thesaurus. This is a fantasy football board for Christ's sake, not a focking think tank. It only makes you sound like a pretentious douche bag. :music_guitarred:

By the way, WSIS Evans or Marshall? :lol:

I type the way that I speak, and I'm not going to apologize for that. I'm guessing you don't speak to people in "real life" the way you do here. I'm neither pretentious nor a douche bag, but feel free to keep hurling insults if you wish.

It's time for this thread to be over and return to FF topics. I never expected so many replies or so much commentary--I was just tired of so many derogatory comments if a poster didn't phrase his or her message properly, especially by those who have sought team management help in the past. Good luck to all in your leagues this season.

You're wrong on so many levels that it's hard to know where to begin...First, there's a saying that insults and violence are the last refuge of the incompetent--it's been phrased many other ways, but I'm sure (or at least I hope) that you get the basic idea. Calling me a "dumbass" lessens your credibility (I'd have added that it's tough to lessen your credibility, but I don't want to be accused of violating my own canard). I'm neither dumb, nor an ass.

I type the way that I speak, and I'm not going to apologize for that. I'm guessing you don't speak to people in "real life" the way you do here. I'm neither pretentious nor a douche bag, but feel free to keep hurling insults if you wish.

I guess that's where we differ, I consider anyone who uses the word canard on a fantasy football board both pretentious and a douche bag. :overhead:

I guess that's where we'll have to agree to disagree. I consider anyone who uses the word canard on a fantasy football board both pretentious and a douche bag. :lol:

Now we have vocabulary police? In the future, I'll try to limit the number of vowels in any word in any message to you, and I'll try to make sure to use words you can understand. Two short words come to mind, of course. :lol:

Scout.com reports Todd Heap has been added to the Ravens' injury report and is listed as questionable with an ankle sprain.

Heap reportedly injured his ankle while stretching prior to Saturday's routine walk-through. It looks like he'll be a game-time decision. Check back on Sunday morning for Baltimore's inactives.

Source: ravens.scout.com

Rotoworld

You gotta be kiddin' me

Only concerned about Heap's health and not his possible FF production, I assume? :)

Outaluck,

I don't think you know what the definition of a WSIS post is. The above is useful injury information, not something that belongs on the A Little Help Board. HTH If you have any questions just ask me.

A couple of points:

1. I doubt that I have ever asked specific team management questions, so knock yourself out

2. Asking about Harrison specifically is not a team management question. It is relevant to all who own Harrison which is probvably 10% of the board members. If he had asked a specific question like Harrison vs whomever, that is a specific question for that one person, not a larger group. No one gives a sh!t about your lineup decision and the answers to the thread have no benefit to anyone.

3. That type of stuff just clutters the board with useless threads and bumps the interesting ones to the bottom.

4. Why would anyone trust half assed decisions forwarded by people that dont care about you or your team? FF is not rocket science. Make your decisions in 5 minutes and dont look back. Why not trust yourself instead of some anonymous stooge on the INTER-Nets?

5. Stop crying and post the threads where the site owner asked you to.

The above post says it all.

I guess that's where we differ, I consider anyone who uses the word canard on a fantasy football board both pretentious and a douche bag. :)

ROFL, I haven't heard the word "canard" since I watched "Darkwing Duck" after school as a kid eating my cocoa pebbles. Good times.

It's time for this thread to be over and return to FF topics. I never expected so many replies or so much commentary--I was just tired of so many derogatory comments if a poster didn't phrase his or her message properly, especially by those who have sought team management help in the past. Good luck to all in your leagues this season.

You'd better hope it ends for your sake. This oughtta teach you not to throw down the gauntlet and challenge "ANYONE", as you put it. You're just asking to get your ass handed to you. I hope you learned a lesson here.

Take yourself to the side of the ledger admitting you HAVE sought help about team management issues. :unsure:

take it to the help board

++edited for syntax error++

You'd better hope it ends for your sake. This oughtta teach you not to throw down the gauntlet and challenge "ANYONE", as you put it. You're just asking to get your ass handed to you. I hope you learned a lesson here.

The lesson I learned here is that some people tend to focus on the topic title and not the content of the post. In the future I'll be careful to phrase the topic title more precisely. The post, as opposed to the topic title, specifically made reference to "For all of those who frequently post a comment along the lines of "Take it to the Help Board, moron" etc., which obviously was intended to limit the scope of those from whom I expected a reply. I didn't limit the topic title in a similar manner, and I accept full blame for that mistake.

However, even if you look only at the topic title, I didn't "throw down the gauntlet", challenge people, or state unequivocally (sorry, Buck, for the use of a big word) that everyone here asks questions related to team management--I posed a question. Sure, the way in which the question was phrased indicated my belief as to the outcome of the inquiry, but it was still a question, and I'm actually glad that there are members who reasonably could seek to prove my thoughts to be wrong. I continue to believe that almost everyone here posts topics designed to help them with management of their team, and based upon the number of views of my topic and the relatively low number of people who demonstrated that they don't post team management issues, I think I'm right. On a side note, Dan and Walter, I agree with your statements that the post I quoted from Walter was an informative one and one that was likely to generate FF discussion.

In retrospect (whoops, sorry, Buck, I meant in hindsight--oh wait, that's still two syllables...oh hell, just go look up the words) :headbanger: I should have been more definitive about the point I was trying to make (read Filthy Fernadez' posts if you're still unclear about it.)

The issues I have are with the "Team Management Questions Belong On The 'A Little Help' Board" advisory on this site (since so many posts are designed to obtain information about team management--perhaps it should be retitled "WSIS or trade questions belong on the Help Board"), that almost everyone ignores that directive at one time or another, and that some posters here who flame others for team management questions have been guilty of doing that themselves.

The issues I have are with the "Team Management Questions Belong On The 'A Little Help' Board" advisory on this site (since so many posts are designed to obtain information about team management--perhaps it should be retitled "WSIS or trade questions belong on the Help Board"), that almost everyone ignores that directive at one time or another, and that some posters here who flame others for team management questions have been guilty of doing that themselves.

Maybe you should click on that banner/advisory and you would see

Do not post Who Should I (Start/Trade/Draft/Pick) type questions on this board. Please use the "A Little Help" board for any and all team management questions including "Rate My Team" posts. Thank you!

and you wouln't have had to engage in a battle of semantics.

It comes down to a matter of being diligent and patient when posting on the little help board. I put out a couple trade questions, and after answering a few others' questions i got a fair amount of reasonable and meaningful feedback.

I guess we're just going to have to be resigned to the fact that there are people who are neither patient nor diligent and we'll continue to see these posts. So rather than posting angry and demeaning responses, why don't we just ignore them - no sense in getting all bent out of shape and increase your own blood pressure by getting angry about it. An angry response is still a response. I'd rather see 0 responses to all those posts - shows disinterest which is what they deserve

Just my .02, FWIW

However, even if you look only at the topic title, I didn't "throw down the gauntlet", challenge people, or state unequivocally (sorry, Buck, for the use of a big word) that everyone here asks questions related to team management--I posed a question.

In retrospect (whoops, sorry, Buck, I meant in hindsight--oh wait, that's still two syllables...oh hell, just go look up the words) :rolleyes: I should have been more definitive about the point I was trying to make (read Filthy Fernadez' posts if you're still unclear about it.)

Now we have vocabulary police? In the future, I'll try to limit the number of vowels in any word in any message to you, and I'll try to make sure to use words you can understand. Two short words come to mind, of course. :lol:

I find your vocabulary astonishingly ludicrisp. :nono:

All kidding aside, you're right. Unequivocally, retrospect, hindsight? I am baffled by these so-called words. I better get down to the libary and read me up some books. Please enlighten me further with your vast vocabulary, master. And forgive me, I am but a mere grasshoppa in your omniscient presence. Perhaps some day I can aspire to employ such fancy words as canard on a fantasy football website. Until then, I am and will remain only a tiny fraction of the pretentious douche bag that you are. I love you .....................

Take it to the Help Board dingleberry

Maybe you should click on that banner/advisory and you would see

It's not a matter of semantics--it's a matter of the reality here at FF Today.

I find your vocabulary astonishingly ludicrisp. :nono:

All kidding aside, you're right. Unequivocally, retrospect, hindsight? I am baffled by these so-called words. I better get down to the libary and read me up some books. Please enlighten me further with your vast vocabulary, master. And forgive me, I am but a mere grasshoppa in your omniscient presence. Perhaps some day I can aspire to employ such fancy words as canard on a fantasy football website. Until then, I am and will remain only a tiny fraction of the pretentious douche bag that you are. I love you .....................

Take it to the Help Board dingleberry

I get your point, Buck, that you don't like the way I speak, and I'm sure you understand that I don't appreciate being criticized for the manner in which I do. Let's end these pointless exchanges and get back to fantasy football issues, ok? :rolleyes:

It's not a matter of semantics--it's a matter of the reality here at FF Today.

I was merely speaking to your discussion with Walter and others as to what "Team Management" implies.

Its not your reality, its what the site owners want the reality to be and they define that reality.

Maybe you should click on that banner/advisory

Ding Ding Ding

So, I've been offered Housh and Edge

for

Reggie Bush, 85, and Hilliard.

Who would pull the trigger? :shocking:

Its not your reality, its what the site owners want the reality to be and they define that reality.

Exactamundo. :shocking:

I get your point, Buck, that you don't like the way I speak, and I'm sure you understand that I don't appreciate being criticized for the manner in which I do. Let's end these pointless exchanges and get back to fantasy football issues, ok? :first:

Fair enough. I actually dug up a thread I made under my old alias T-Bag that addresses this issue. It is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but I think it is relevant to this discussion. Here is the text of the first post in that thread:

The Five Commandments, of team management questions ...........

1. Thou shalt not post team management (TM from now on) topics on the main board (FF Today Board). This seems obvious because of the big, red letters, but apparently everyone is not on the same page (no pun intended) on this one.

2. The Help board is the proper place for TM topics. The owners of this site set it up that way for a reason.

3. The Help board will work much more effectively for you if, and I know this is a crazy concept, you actually answer other people's questions. There is a reciprocal relationship between the number of other people's TM questions you answer, and how many answers you will get to your own TM question.

4. You are NOT entitled to free answers to your TM questions. If you whiners (and you know who you are) directed even half of the energy to the Help board that you currently do to b!tching about the "internet police" and "hall monitors," then the Help board would function as designed and this discussion would become obsolete. Show some courtesy and respond to links left in your TM thread. Everyone seems to want a quick, effortless answer to their own TM question, but are unwilling or, probably more accurately, too lazy to take the time to help another guy who may be a similar predicament.

5. Don't fool yourself into thinking anyone actually gives a sh!t about your FF team. You know how gay some other people's TM questions seem to you, right? Well, and trust me on this one, your TM question seems just as gay to them!

Thus, I bestow unto thou these Five Commandments which, if followed, will make the experience of this site infinitely more pleasant and agreeable for all. That is all.

Ahh, who am I kidding, nobody cares! :cry: At least I tried. I actually kind of enjoy the banter with these yo-yo's who insist on posting TM posts on the main board. :mad:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...hl=commandments

Remember, the owners of this site define team management questions as "Do not post Who Should I (Start/Trade/Draft/Pick) type questions on this board. Please use the "A Little Help" board for any and all team management questions including "Rate My Team" posts. Thank you!"

The lesson I learned here is that some people tend to focus on the topic title and not the content of the post. In the future I'll be careful to phrase the topic title more precisely. The post, as opposed to the topic title, specifically made reference to "For all of those who frequently post a comment along the lines of "Take it to the Help Board, moron" etc., which obviously was intended to limit the scope of those from whom I expected a reply. I didn't limit the topic title in a similar manner, and I accept full blame for that mistake.

However, even if you look only at the topic title, I didn't "throw down the gauntlet", challenge people, or state unequivocally (sorry, Buck, for the use of a big word) that everyone here asks questions related to team management--I posed a question. Sure, the way in which the question was phrased indicated my belief as to the outcome of the inquiry, but it was still a question, and I'm actually glad that there are members who reasonably could seek to prove my thoughts to be wrong. I continue to believe that almost everyone here posts topics designed to help them with management of their team, and based upon the number of views of my topic and the relatively low number of people who demonstrated that they don't post team management issues, I think I'm right. On a side note, Dan and Walter, I agree with your statements that the post I quoted from Walter was an informative one and one that was likely to generate FF discussion.

In retrospect (whoops, sorry, Buck, I meant in hindsight--oh wait, that's still two syllables...oh hell, just go look up the words) :rolleyes: I should have been more definitive about the point I was trying to make (read Filthy Fernadez' posts if you're still unclear about it.)

From looking at your posts, you have sought information about team management. I'm looking for any member here who honestly can say that he or she has not.

Post #11...catch it!

From looking at your posts, you have sought information about team management. I'm looking for any member here who honestly can say that he or she has not.

Post #11...catch it!

Ok, I give up trying to be conciliatory. I posted what I felt was a legitimate message originally, and I never initiated any attack upon any member here in this thread. I tried to deflect replies calling me an A-Hole and a douche bag (from Buck) and a "dipsh!t" (from you, Thornton). With respect to you particularly, Thornton, I tried to be pleasant after your attack. I'm done with that approach now--bring it on...if you have anything of substance to say (as opposed to your last message here), please post it and I'll respond appropriately.