Sign in to follow this  
gotoneros

Kevin Jones

I picked him up last week as insurance since I did not have Chatman when Brown was injured and did not have Priest when LJ was injured. I am a little gunshy right now. :angry:

Last thing I read was his foot was "just sore". Worried a little but not a lot but I don't have room for Duckett and at least I've got better back ups. I would say if it comes down to Duckett as your best option then your waiver wire must be very thin. Duckett isn't the right type of back for the Lion's system so he might vulture a TD if Jones as hurt but his stats will not resemble anything like KJ stats.

Jones could be out this week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6789/news

Nov 13 The Lions are considered holding Jones (foot) out of Sunday's game against the Giants in order to preserve him for the Thanksgiving Day contest against the Packers, MLive.com reports.

Recommendation: Jones has needed four or five days to let his foot fully recover after each game, and it complicates matters further that he had to leave Sunday's loss to Arizona twice because of soreness in his surgically-repaired left foot. With the Thanksgiving Day game, he'd be very doubtful to play next Thursday against Green Bay in the wake of a Sunday contest against the Giants. We'll see if this is something the Lions plan on following through with leading into Sunday, but Jones owners may want to scoop T.J. Duckett up off the waiver wire just to hedge their bets for the next two games.

Guest _my_2_cents_

And that ladies & gentlemen is why this particular injury is often described as "career threatening". No matter how miraculous the progress sounds (and in KJ's case he is back way earlier than I expected) there's always the wear & tear during the season and the injury flares up.

This is not news. It is simply logic. Jones plays well when he plays, but he requires about 4 days to recover. Playing this Sunday would give him only 4 days until the next gameday (because it is on Thurday), and thus no practice time due to recovery. Therefore, do not play him. This is a unique situation because of the Thanksgiving timetable, it does not reflect some "re-injury". He is always sore after games in that foot, and will continue to be for a while. That is all.

Guest _my_2_cents_
This is not news. It is simply logic. Jones plays well when he plays, but he requires about 4 days to recover. Playing this Sunday would give him only 4 days until the next gameday (because it is on Thurday), and thus no practice time due to recovery. Therefore, do not play him. This is a unique situation because of the Thanksgiving timetable, it does not reflect some "re-injury". He is always sore after games in that foot, and will continue to be for a while. That is all.

Sorry, but you are incorrect. It's been reported that it's been getting progressively worse, and that all year he's been sore for 3-4 days following games, but this game he LEFT THE GAME because of the pain.

The Detroit News reports Jones is starting to show the effects of wear and tear on an injury to his left foot that forced him to miss the first two weeks. "There is no structural damage," Lions coach Rod Marinelli said of Jones' foot.

So while your logic is sound, it's also based in pure fiction. It is news, the injury IS getting worse, it is not "all" and you're pretty much incorrect here - his foot is getting worse and he will likely miss this week's game.

Duckett is a better add than TBell IMO, because Bell already got into the doghouse, and even if it becomes a RBBC Duckett will be in at the stripe.

Per Rotoworld:

Kevin Jones-RB-Lions Nov. 14 - 6:00 pm et

Kevin Jones is not on the Lions' Week 11 injury report.

Head coach Rod Marinelli said on Monday that Jones was experiencing soreness in his surgically repaired foot, but it was nothing out of the ordinary. Jones is a fine RB2/flex play against the Giants in Week 11.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=2659

Guest _my_2_cents_
Per Rotoworld:

Head coach Rod Marinelli said on Monday that Jones was experiencing soreness in his surgically repaired foot, but it was nothing out of the ordinary. Jones is a fine RB2/flex play against the Giants in Week 11.

Sporting News was reporting that he may be held out of Sunday's game.

Rotoworld = the suck

I'd keep checking back for news on KJ all the way up to game time. He was awful last week and left the game early due to the injury. That's telling. If the Lions see themselves as a playoff team, they may rest him as a precaution. I won't be surprised at all if KJ is on the sidelines for this Sunday's game.

Per Rotoworld:

overreaction.........

Sporting News was reporting that he may be held out of Sunday's game.

Rotoworld = the suck

I'd keep checking back for news on KJ all the way up to game time. He was awful last week and left the game early due to the injury. That's telling. If the Lions see themselves as a playoff team, they may rest him as a precaution. I won't be surprised at all if KJ is on the sidelines for this Sunday's game.

The extent and implications of KJ's foot soreness has been the subject of speculation by many. His failure to show up on the injury report at all, though, says worlds. If you look further down the link on my post, you'll see that Marinelli said earlier in the week that the soreness was nothing out of the ordinary.

But you may be right. As many have pointed out, the Lions have two key games in the span of four days next week, the second against a division rival. There's reason to think that KJ will get less playing time this weekend.

both games are important though because the Giants are competition for the wildcard if they can't catch Green bay. I think they play him in both contests but he may sit out series like he did in the last. Definitely doesn't make me start him with confidence this week.

The extent and implications of KJ's foot soreness has been the subject of speculation by many. His failure to show up on the injury report at all, though, says worlds. If you look further down the link on my post, you'll see that Marinelli said earlier in the week that the soreness was nothing out of the ordinary.

But you may be right. As many have pointed out, the Lions have two key games in the span of four days next week, the second against a division rival. There's reason to think that KJ will get less playing time this weekend.

Which is why I dropped Duckett and picked up the A-Train. I figure that it is more likely that they will have him play this week and determine if he is going to have an impact. If they need him to win the game, then they will use him. If not, they will sit him more often (like they did last week). Hopefully, they choose the right option.

Lions coach Rod Marinelli shrugged off questions about the status of Kevin Jones' foot, saying he was "85 percent" sure he'd play vs. the Giants in Week 11. Jones left the Lions' Week 10 game at Arizona twice with soreness, and the potential problem of running Jones twice in five days when the Lions host the Giants on Sunday and the Packers on Thanksgiving in Week 12. "I want to see where he's at as the week goes on, but I kind of feel he's going to be okay," Marinelli said. "That's my gut feeling right now."

-CBS Sportsline

Guest _my_2_cents_
Lions coach Rod Marinelli shrugged off questions about the status of Kevin Jones' foot, saying he was "85 percent" sure he'd play vs. the Giants in Week 11. Jones left the Lions' Week 10 game at Arizona twice with soreness, and the potential problem of running Jones twice in five days when the Lions host the Giants on Sunday and the Packers on Thanksgiving in Week 12. "I want to see where he's at as the week goes on, but I kind of feel he's going to be okay," Marinelli said. "That's my gut feeling right now."

-CBS Sportsline

Well if that doesn't inspire confidence in KJ owners, I don't know what will. :thumbsdown:

anyone starting KJ with confidence this week has balls of steel.