Sign in to follow this  
vwneogeovw

If you owned Westbrook, would you have the cajones to start him @ NE over these other options?

Would you start any of these guys over Westbrook@NE? PPR LEAGUE  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Must win game for me, and I have to make the right decision...

• Maurice Jones-Drew vs. Buffalo
    • Bobby Engram @ St. Louis
    • Deion Branch @ St. Louis

Westbrook has been an absolute BEAST this year, especially in PPR leagues.....but I'm quite worried about this week. I am playing my division leader, so I pretty much have to win if I want a shot at the playoffs. In PPR leagues, Westbrook has not scored less than 15 points. MJD had a slow start, but since then has been solid, but not spectacular. With Westbrook playing the Patriots, and them gameplanning to specifically shut him down, would it be a bad idea to bench Westy? I know it sounds crazy, benching the #1 RB in FF, but without McNabb, I see the Eagles being completely dismantled. Westbrook might even get pulled from the game if it starts really getting out of hand. I mean if the Pats go up by 4 TD's, I dont see the Eagles risking losing Westy to an injury, to play in a game that they have no hope of winning. MJD would be my first choice to bench Westy for, since I see JAX running alot on Buffalo and probably getting a lead and running it some more. Plus Fred is dinged a bit. He will prolly still play, but MJD will most likely see more action or atleast score more points. So, I feel like Westy definiely has a higher upside, with a higher point ceiling than MJD, but I see the Eagles falling behind early, and even tho McNabb throws alot to Westbrook when their behind, I dont know if Feely will be doing the same thing, or if Reid will just bench Westy altogether to keep him healthy for their slim chance at a playoff berth. So, If you owned Westbrook, would you start him and just hope that the Eagles could keep it somewhat close, or put up a halfway decent effort in going score for score with NE? Would you put your faith in the Philly offense and say Westbrook is and has been a stud, and even in this instance he will put up #'s even if it just catching a bunch of screen passes and garbage time passes for short gains? Because even if Westy doesnt have a real great yardage day, and catches 10 balls, than he will still put up some decent #'s and most likely outscore MJD. Or would you play it safe and bench Westy who has a horrible matchup and is without his starting QB for a guy who shares playing time, but has a far more favorable matchup with the probability of having a solid if not spectacular game against Buffalo? I just cannot seem to make a decision, and especially with everything riding on this game against my opponent, I cannot afford having Westy put up a dud because he gets benched in the 3rd quarter. What does everyone think? Do I start Westy because of his potential and track record, or do I start MJD cuz he has a much better matchup and just hope that he has a pretty good game?

dude is ur life really that pathetic that you have to go around telling people to post on the help board? EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT NO ONE "HELPS" on the help board. I mean if you took the time to say "Help board?" why not take the time to vote or give some advice like everyone else that says "help board"? Ive seen ur posts dude, and all you do is talk shyt on every other NFL team and boast about "DEM COWBOYS Y'ALL! WOO WEE, LET's HAVE a HO DOWN AND FIRE OUR 6-SHOOTERS IN THE AIR! YEE-HAW! You add nothing constructive to this forum and you are why this board has become as pathtic as it has. This used to be one of the best ff forums on the net, but now its a bunch of flamers and arrogant band wagoneers, that have nothing interesting, informative, or constructive to say. There is a reason that hardly anyone posts help questions on the help board, or they just rephrase their help questions so that people like you wont say "help board?" like a toolbox. Ive spent plenty of time on the help board answering peoples questions and trying to "help", and than no one answers ur questions or attempts to give you any "help". So why dont you get a life and stop being the forum police and if your gonna click the link, either respond with ur opinion or ignore it, but dont be a complete jacka$$ and waste your time and mine posting "help board?". Yea great the Cowboys are finally good after 15 years of mediocrity and failure. Do you want a medal? Did your mommy not hold you enough as a child? Or did you live under power lines and suck the lead paint off the trailer hitch of your step-dad's jalopy? When the Cowboys get spanked by the Packers, or decimated by the Patriots, are you gonna be HOOTIN' AN HOLLERIN' ABOUT HOW GREAT AMERICA'S TEAM IS? BTW, The Cowboys are America's team? Thats the biggest joke Ive ever heard. If it wasn't for spygate, the Cowboys would be the team America loves to hate. They have been for many years, but your in the shadow of the Pats now. Congratulations on winning in the NFC, the JV of professional football. Good Luck beating any team that comes out of the AFC, if they even make that far. Now go crawl back into your mom's basement, drink a Budweiser and polish your Colt .45, than put it to your head and pull the trigger, cuz the Dad you never knew broke his condom and your wasting my oxygen. :cry:

WHAT HE SAID :overhead: ... stick with westy he could get ya 10 receptions..... mjd is your best bet if ya get scared to start westy though... good luck!

I think you need to calm down Slim Shady.

The issue isn't just this being in the wrong forum but your post is WAAAYYY too long and nobody is going to read through it. A poll on the help forum would have been a better idea and you would've gotten at least some advice. This isn't a tough decision to make about Westbrook.

Westy ... stick with your studs, don't overthink it, especially if PPR.

Speaking of, you wrote a lot and I skimmed it but you said PPR at least two times but didn't really specify if that is YOUR LEAGUE rules. Assuming it is, then definitely you roll with Westy.

Think about, imagine if you SIT Westy and he goes off .... and you would of won with him in the lineup ... bet you would feel stupid.\

PS. Did you miss 3rd grade when they taught paragraphs??

Don't be this guy ..... :overhead:

Cowboys are Americas team because of several irrefutable facts.

Prior to two weeks ago the Cowboys were involved in every time slot on all networks for the most watched time slots in all TV venues. The Cowboys/ Pats game was the most watched NFL game in 10 years.The PatsIndy gamy edged it but it took two undeafeated to edge a cowboy game out on one slot. They have the record for the most watched program in cable history.

All their games have been moved from the early Sunday slot to the P.M. slot, they have the most watched early Sun. late Sunday afternoon and Sunday night slot-in history. Monday night game & each of their Super bowls were the most watched SB and their last SB held the record for years before audience inflation finally took the '95 SB out.The Cowboys are ratings gold.

The Cowboys logoed merchandise are the regular leaders for the NFL over any 10 year period and in most individual years.

The Cowboys logo apparel staye in the NFL's top 5 through 3 consecutive 6-10 seasons.

Pittsburg and Green Bay have great fan bases but they don't draw or sell gear like the Cowboys. The Cowboys are America's most followed team--hard for others to follow but true.

Never bench your studs. Go with Westy. The Pats might beat them by 30, but if Philly does anything on offense it will be him.

Help board? :wave:

Jeasusssss christ. Don't you know that you can't point that out to dumbasses? You are supposed to just accept that they can't read or too stupid to understand what the "Team Management Questions Belong On The "A Little Help" board" post is, and move on. :shocking:

yes, i would have the cajones to start the best RB in fantasy football (this year) over the bust of the year and two journeymen WRs.

You think MJD is the bust of the year? In what possible way could you think that? :wacko:

WTF did it take you an hour to write up these responses? How about an indentation for the start of a new paragraph so someone can read this without going blind

...Do I start Westy because of his potential and track record, or do I start MJD cuz he has a much better matchup and just hope that he has a pretty good game?

That's all you needed to say. And the answer is... Westy. Unless...

I'm sorry, but I have to laugh every time I see a post like the original in this thread. You've obviously analyzed the situation but even so want complete strangers to help you make a decision. It's kinda like when your wife asks you which dress she should wear! Then she gets mad when you don't give the answer she wants... Laughable, like anybody here gives a rip about your game this weekend anyway... Please learn from this mistake and make your own decisions...

Westbrook is the Eagle offense. Reid isn't gonna pack it in before the 4th quarter and by then Westbrook will have his points. I have both Westbrook and MJD and I didn't think twice about starting Westbrook.

As for all the board police and grade school teachers if you clowns put half the effort into answering a question that you put into criticizing everything someone posts this board my actually be worth the effort.

I've posted questions on the "Help board" and got nothing most people go to just the main board and nothing else. If you're not going to help then just shut up and move on to the next posting.

So many of you guys need to get out and get a life. It's sad to see a guy ask a question and get 3-4 legite responses but a post like why I hate the Pats gets 100s of posts.

dude is ur life really that pathetic that you have to go around telling people to post on the help board? EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT NO ONE "HELPS" on the help board. I mean if you took the time to say "Help board?" why not take the time to vote or give some advice like everyone else that says "help board"? Ive seen ur posts dude, and all you do is talk shyt on every other NFL team and boast about "DEM COWBOYS Y'ALL! WOO WEE, LET's HAVE a HO DOWN AND FIRE OUR 6-SHOOTERS IN THE AIR! YEE-HAW! You add nothing constructive to this forum and you are why this board has become as pathtic as it has. This used to be one of the best ff forums on the net, but now its a bunch of flamers and arrogant band wagoneers, that have nothing interesting, informative, or constructive to say. There is a reason that hardly anyone posts help questions on the help board, or they just rephrase their help questions so that people like you wont say "help board?" like a toolbox. Ive spent plenty of time on the help board answering peoples questions and trying to "help", and than no one answers ur questions or attempts to give you any "help". So why dont you get a life and stop being the forum police and if your gonna click the link, either respond with ur opinion or ignore it, but dont be a complete jacka$$ and waste your time and mine posting "help board?". Yea great the Cowboys are finally good after 15 years of mediocrity and failure. Do you want a medal? Did your mommy not hold you enough as a child? Or did you live under power lines and suck the lead paint off the trailer hitch of your step-dad's jalopy? When the Cowboys get spanked by the Packers, or decimated by the Patriots, are you gonna be HOOTIN' AN HOLLERIN' ABOUT HOW GREAT AMERICA'S TEAM IS? BTW, The Cowboys are America's team? Thats the biggest joke Ive ever heard. If it wasn't for spygate, the Cowboys would be the team America loves to hate. They have been for many years, but your in the shadow of the Pats now. Congratulations on winning in the NFC, the JV of professional football. Good Luck beating any team that comes out of the AFC, if they even make that far. Now go crawl back into your mom's basement, drink a Budweiser and polish your Colt .45, than put it to your head and pull the trigger, cuz the Dad you never knew broke his condom and your wasting my oxygen. :wave:

WOW, I mean just wow.... :shocking:

Go with Westy. You don't ever bench a first round pick that has supported that with being the #1 RB in almost any format. You just don't do it.... :nono:

And, dude, that was really, really painful to read. I mean, that just hurt my eyes... :thumbsdown:

I think the absence of McNabb makes Westbrook MORE valuable.

The Eagles will run more.

The Eagles will check-down to him more in the passing game.

He is a fantastic weapon who you do not bench under any circumstances barring an injury or suspension.

Marshawn Lynch had 80-yards and a TD against the Patriots.

Joseph Addai had 226-yards against the Patriots.

Westbrook is one of the best in the FF business and the absence of McNabb only means they'll need to rely on him more.