Sign in to follow this  
plasma george

TO thanking the Lord...

After the game (I'm working from home seeing NFL Network reruns), TO came to the mobile studio, Eisen asked him about the game and TO goes, "First I want to thank the Lord for giving me the oppurtunity to play in this game, blah blah blah" typical TO lord thanking BS....that's OK, if it's how he gets through the day, then fine.

But then christboy Deion says..."TO, I think this shows your maturation (big word for Deion) process in thanking God..."

Are you focking kidding me....WTF is that ?

A player in an impromptu setting is fine, but an NFL Network employee bringing Bible pounding BS comments in front of the cameras ? Why doesn't Deion just lead us all in a "after game BS prayer" ? :mad:

Can we get some Execs to pull Deion aside, and keep that shiat to his personal conversations and bore whoever wants to hear these "mental-midget comments" on their own time ?

Come on.....gotta figure some of the Execs are Jewish boys. (my wife is Jewish, so I have unlimited Jew commentability) :thumbsup:

After the game (I'm working from home seeing NFL Network reruns), TO came to the mobile studio, Eisen asked him about the game and TO goes, "First I want to thank the Lord for giving me the oppurtunity to play in this game, blah blah blah" typical TO lord thanking BS....that's OK, if it's how he gets through the day, then fine.

But then christboy Deion says..."TO, I think this shows your maturation (big word for Deion) process in thanking God..."

A player in an impromptu setting is fine, but an NFL Network employee bringing Bible pounding BS comments in front of the cameras ? Why doesn't Deion just lead us all in a "after game BS prayer" ? :thumbsup:

Can we get some Execs to pull Deion aside, and keep that shiat to his personal conversations and bore whoever wants to hear these "mental midget comments" on their own time ?

Come on.....gotta figure some of the Execs are Jewish boys. (my wife is Jewish, so I have unlimited Jew commentability) :music_guitarred:

Why would it bother you so much? While I don't agree that its shows any kind of "maturation" to express thanks towards God, you seem alot more botherd by it then you should be (starting a thread). If you don't share his thoughts that's fine, it's just a throw away comment.

Do you agree with what everyone says on television?

Why would it bother you so much? While I don't agree that its shows any kind of "maturation" to express thanks towards God, you seem alot more botherd by it then you should be (starting a thread). If you don't share his thoughts that's fine, it's just a throw away comment.

Do you agree with what everyone says on television?

It's a throw away comment by TO, he's a player.

Deion is a network employee and needs to be told to refrain from Pro-Christian comments and bringing his religious beliefs to the table, period.

You can bet Deion will be getting a Memo from Management about his "God comments"...there's no place for that shiat in the booth.

A player in an impromptu setting is fine, but an NFL Network employee bringing Bible pounding BS comments in front of the cameras ? Why doesn't Deion just lead us all in a "after game BS prayer" ? :thumbsdown:

Can we get some Execs to pull Deion aside, and keep that shiat to his personal conversations and bore whoever wants to hear these "mental-midget comments" on their own time ?

Come on.....gotta figure some of the Execs are Jewish boys. (my wife is Jewish, so I have unlimited Jew commentability) :doublethumbsup:

Are you a Christian? You or someone close to you must be to give you "unlimited Christianity commentability". :thumbsdown:

Are you a Christian? You or someone close to you must be to give you "unlimited Christianity commentability". :rolleyes:

Played peewee football, Little League, large Suburbia high school, FraternityBoy in college, have 2 cute little kids living in Suburbia, wife drives a Pontiac Minivan, love american beer and american sports.

I'm an American whiteboy with no affiliation with a religion.

(born from a christian family)

I'm an American whiteboy with no affiliation with a religion.

(born from a christian family)

Then maybe you should restrain your "commentability". :rolleyes:

I'm the same way when guys start thanking God.

I did see "Behind the Glory" on Deion. The dude drove his car off a bridge I think it was trying to comitt suicide. Then he "found god" and changed his life.

So knowing this about his past I'm sure that no one is going to say anything to Deion about being a bible thumper.

Then maybe you should restrain your "commentability". :thumbsup:

"christian family", bonehead, commentability is a go. :wub:

It's funny how it's always the Christians who have to keep their belief systems in check but no one else.

:dunno: By the way, I don't think it's the original poster's Jewish/Christian associations that give him "commentability" (is that a word?) I think it has more to do with the country he lives in, which is the same reason Deion can voice his beliefs. Of course, what Deion said isn't overtly religious or "bible thumping". He's right in that it does in fact show maturity from TO that he is crediting "anyone" other than himself whether that be God, teammates, or coaches.

thank God i only took 12 painkillers and not 23....i dropped the other 11 that i tried to take.... :dunno:

"christian family", bonehead, commentability is a go. :thumbsup:

whatever makes you feel good dude. you know anyone with cancer? that's committed suicide? murdered children?

let's hear all your many jokes (commentability) b/c nothing is sacred if you're affiliated with it in any way. :dunno:

A player in an impromptu setting is fine, but an NFL Network employee bringing Bible pounding BS comments in front of the cameras ? Why doesn't Deion just lead us all in a "after game BS prayer" ? :unsure:

Come on.....gotta figure some of the Execs are Jewish boys. (my wife is Jewish, so I have unlimited Jew commentability) :thumbsdown:

Jews believe in the same God that Christians do. I'm not sure why Jews would be offended with a Christian thanking God.

Nice elitist attitude you have there calling religious folks "mental midgets".

Jews believe in the same God that Christians do. I'm not sure why Jews would be offended with a Christian thanking God.

For that matter, Moslems believe in the same God as well.

I think the "Christ" in Christian is the major division here. Christians believe Christ is God.......not so with Judaism.

It's a throw away comment by TO, he's a player.

Deion is a network employee and needs to be told to refrain from Pro-Christian comments and bringing his religious beliefs to the table, period.

You can bet Deion will be getting a Memo from Management about his "God comments"...there's no place for that shiat in the booth.

Dude, calm down!

haha. There is no god retards. Love hearing people praise god, jesus, jebus, whatever, while shoving 14 grams of cocaine up t heir nose ever week, cheat on their wives, kill their fellow christians, all sorts of crazy ######. But hey, as long as praise is going out to god, its all good. They'll still end up in heaven. Unlike myself. I'll go to hell, because I don't believe in the almighty one. I do live righteously though, but thats not enough. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers, please. So that I may one day find some redemption. Thanks...

haha. There is no god retards. Love hearing people praise god, jesus, jebus, whatever, while shoving 14 grams of cocaine up t heir nose ever week, cheat on their wives, kill their fellow christians, all sorts of crazy ######. But hey, as long as praise is going out to god, its all good. They'll still end up in heaven. Unlike myself. I'll go to hell, because I don't believe in the almighty one. I do live righteously though, but thats not enough. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers, please. So that I may one day find some redemption. Thanks...

I dont belive in a god either...i belive in a "Higher Power", but not a god...but i dont go around dissing other peoples beliefs, and swearing, and all that garbage you just said, Its pretty low... Just as i dont like when people come up to me and preach.... it’s a two-way street man, get a life....

I dont belive in a god either...i belive in a "Higher Power", but not a god...but i dont go around dissing other peoples beliefs, and swearing, and all that garbage you just said, Its pretty low... Just as i dont like when people come up to me and preach.... it’s a two-way street man, get a life....

no its not my good man. Its is about time that 'respecting' people's religious beliefs comes to an end. Religion is ruining this world. Let me take an example from a Richard Dawkins book. If I and a thousand other people ran around claiming a milk saucer that was floating out in space was god, everyone would brand us loonies. Yet this invisible god that has never proved him/herself is being followed by billions, and I'm supposed to respect it. Wake up, religion is slowly but surely drawing mankind to extinction. Actually, its not so slow anymore. Go read God delusional if you truly don't believe in god and we'll have a proper discussion after. I guarantee if will change your perception on 'respecting' people's religious beliefs...

This is not really the place for this discussion, so I won't turn this into a 8 page shitfest with mental midgets making all sorts of ignorant remarks, but for anyone interested, go read The god delusional-Richard Dawkins...

TO was Thanking the Lord.....that is Jesus doooshbag.

Jews don't believe he magically rose from the dead....which I gotta agree there, as no fiber in my being (or anyone with normal ability to understand reason) can swallow that one...hence the aformentioned "mental-midgets".

Sorry man....but a guy in Church on NFL Sundays is one of 2 things--

a tool for his wife, or a moron.

no its not my good man. Its is about time that 'respecting' people's religious beliefs comes to an end. Religion is ruining this world. Let me take an example from a Richard Dawkins book. If I and a thousand other people ran around claiming a milk saucer that was floating out in space was god, everyone would brand us loonies. Yet this invisible god that has never proved him/herself is being followed by billions, and I'm supposed to respect it. Wake up, religion is slowly but surely drawing mankind to extinction. Actually, its not so slow anymore. Go read God delusional if you truly don't believe in god and we'll have a proper discussion after. I guarantee if will change your perception on 'respecting' people's religious beliefs...

This is not really the place for this discussion, so I won't turn this into a 8 page shitfest with mental midgets making all sorts of ignorant remarks, but for anyone interested, go read The god delusional-Richard Dawkins...

Dude, i could not agree with you more, i use to be like you, saying almost the exact same things, but then i realize, hey, Its never going to happen....evryone is going to have their own belifs and their is absolutly no way to change that, i agree that religion is ruining the world and it has been for thousands of years, but bashing someone for it is not the soulution....the only way to ever stop religious belifs is if someone could 100% prove that its not true, and im pretty damn sure you cant, and i cant.....WE WONT KNOW UNTIL WE DIE!!!

On that note, If their is a god, i dont see why i would not be able to get into heaven even tho i dont belive, if god is so forgiving then im sure he will understand.

haha. you don't prove a negative guy. I can have this discussion for days, but this aint the place for it. Bottom line, I will ridicule religion till the day that I die. With intelligent people that I can have an intelligent discussion with, its not always as brash as 'hey god doesn't exist idiot!' However, this place is the antithesis of intelligence, so thats how I laid it down. Maybe it'll cause 2 people to think, and thats more than no one thinking about it...

Peas

Jesus Christ! What the hell is going on here? For Christ's sake lets talk some football, God damnit!

Two things people blindly believe in are religion and the Jets.

Peace!

No, sorry, you are wrong. Jews believe in the same God as Christians. The Old Testament is read by both Christians and Jews, and often refers to the Lord or God. Christians believe that Mary conceived a child via an immaculate conception which the Jews do not believe in.

What I find ironic is that it's perfectly acceptable for you to call religious people "mental midgets", and yet you get offended when TO or Deion mention their faith.

Can anyone link me to a Christian starting a thread bashing atheists or anyone else? Honestly. This is a football forum. Shut up. For something people don't believe in and even devalue so much as to actually mock it, it sure does take up a lot of their time and energy. Seems all this not worrying about religion is causing folks a lot of stress.

Thanking God during postgame is ripped all the time but I guarantee that if someone thanked Allah, Buddah, Satan, Mohommed or pretty much anyone else that it would be left alone.

No, sorry, you are wrong. Jews believe in the same God as Christians. The Old Testament is read by both Christians and Jews, and often refers to the Lord or God. Christians believe that Mary conceived a child via an immaculate conception which the Jews do not believe in.

What I find ironic is that it's perfectly acceptable for you to call religious people "mental midgets", and yet you get offended when TO or Deion mention their faith.

Where am I wrong ?

Jews refer to God as the "Lord", Christians refer to Jebus as the Lord...."our Lord Jesus Christ".

Who gives a fock.

Tell Reverend Deion to keep it in his house, not where I have to hear it when I'm watching football.

Where am I wrong ?

Jews refer to God as the "Lord", Christians refer to Jebus as the Lord...."our Lord Jesus Christ".

Who gives a fock.

Tell Reverend Deion to keep it in his house, not where I have to hear it when I'm watching football.

You're being forced to watch the NFL network?

Jews don't believe he magically rose from the dead....which I gotta agree there, as no fiber in my being (or anyone with normal ability to understand reason) can swallow that one...hence the aformentioned "mental-midgets".

Well, lets see...I am usually in church twice on Sundays, but I am 10-2 in my fantasy football league. Does that make me tooled, moronic and football-wise at the same time. Or maybe Plasma thinks that when he dies, he goes to a football world, so he should spend all of his time now, soaking it in just so he is well-adjusted when he gets there :doublethumbsup:

, soaking it in just so he is well-adjusted when he gets there :doublethumbsup:
gets where ? :thumbsup:

moron.

You better go, I hear Jesus coming for you.

gets where ? :thumbsdown:

moron.

You better go, I hear Jesus coming for you.

nice so u finally realize you lost your foolish argument. go rot in the ground you worthless slime

Thanking God during postgame is ripped all the time but I guarantee that if someone thanked Allah, Buddah, Satan, Mohommed or pretty much anyone else that it would be left alone.

Could not have said it better. People just hate to believe that someone could be having a better life or be happier because of what they believe in. Jealous freaks.

This is wrong for a few reasons:

1. People rip athletes for thanking God because it seems so ridiculour that God has anything to do with the outcome of a sporting event.

2. If someone tried to thank Allah or Satan or any other higher power they would be run out of town but I suspect you know this already and were just reaching.

Talk about taking the easy road. I believe in nothing so I can mock everything. It's pretty spineless. :rolleyes:

There is life beyond NFL Sundays. You are the one who's sounds moronic.

There is life beyond NFL Sundays. You are the one who's sounds moronic.

I agree, there is much more life beyond NFL, (especially since I'm eliminated)....but life sure as he!! isn't in church.

Funny thing about church and jebus....it's exactly where you stop living.

You start listening, as you're being preached to about how things are, and why things are....that's following, no original thought allowed here....that's not living, that's more like preparing for dieing, everlasting life BS. :rolleyes:

Go outside and teach your kid how to catch a baseball, teach him how to hammer a nail, or learn addition and subtraction.

I agree, there is much more life beyond NFL, (especially since I'm eliminated)....but life sure as he!! isn't in church.

Funny thing about church and jebus....it's exactly where you stop living.

You start listening, as you're being preached to about how things are, and why things are....that's following, no original thought allowed here....that's not living, that's more like preparing for dieing, everlasting life BS. :rolleyes:

Go outside and teach your kid how to catch a baseball, teach him how to hammer a nail, or learn addition and subtraction.

i'm sorry your experience has been that bad. apparently something in your past has really pissed you off. i mean REALLY pissed you off.

i haven't gone a lot, but when i do, the church i go to is nothing like what you're describing.

many people would probably tell you "jebus" is exactly where you start living.

Am I missing much NFL at 9:00 am EST? :lol:

I go because I like the music (two folk singers playing acoustic guitar :rolleyes: with a piano player) and like to spend the time reflecting on my week, gaining a sense of community, and listening to a positive message. Is that ok with you?

Pretty funny that a guy who worships his TV and names himself after it and provides a link to it has the balls to insult anyone about how they spend their time.