Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Another freak goes into a church and shoots dozens of church-goers.

Actually, I believe that woman was a trained security guard.

So, that makes 1 trained security guard vs.....

Omaha mall shooter, Crazy Korean VT shooter, etc....

Actually, I believe that woman was a trained security guard.

So, that makes 1 trained security guard vs.....

Omaha mall shooter, Crazy Korean VT shooter, etc....

What company was she a security guard for? Where did it say "trained"?

I own a gun, and have a permit to carry a concealed weapon and I have a lot of experience with guns--both handguns and rifles. If I volunteer to watch over things for someone, am I a "trained security guard"?

It said "acting as a security guard". And ya know what...if someone comes into my house, and I don't want them there, I am going to "act as a security guard" and take them out if I see necessary.

If the Omaha mall shooter or the crazy korean would have met up with a *wink-wink*, *quote-quote* "security guard" (if that's what people want to call them), they would have been stopped before doing as much damage as they did.

So, if you want to make comparisons, do it like this:

Omaha shooter, Crazy Korean: allowed to run rampant, unabaded

Colorado Church gunman: Not allowed to run rampant. Intercepted by the good guys.

Why don't you wait for the facts to come out before you make an ass of yourself. - Just a thought.

The fact that this kook was denied a place to say for the night is inteteresting. I actually think this would make for an ENTIRELY better Hollywood BlockBuster Christmas Story;

(Movie Guy Voice) "They TOLD him there was no room at the inn. But this is one Carpenter who knows how to DROP THE HAMMER!" :mad:

"Coming to Theaters this Christmas - Joseph and Mary like they've been seen before. Desperately searching for her mysterious child's Baby Daddy before its too late; Kickin ass, pursued by Wisemen, Shepherds, And one whacked out drummer boy - all psychotically intent on FINDING Mary & her Mystery Child. Where did this child come from? What secrets does he hold? Find out as "The Rock" and Elizabeth Hurley star in BETHLE-MAYHEM!! " :bench:

I own a gun, and have a permit to carry a concealed weapon and I have a lot of experience with guns--both handguns and rifles. If I volunteer to watch over things for someone, am I a "trained security guard"?

Why don't you wait for the facts to come out before you make an ass of yourself. - Just a thought.

Assam said she had drawn her weapon countless times in her prior law enforcement career, but she had never shot anyone until Sunday.

Sgt. Jess Garcia III, the public-information officer for the Minneapolis Police Department, said Assam left his department in the late 1990s.

He said that during her time there she worked in north Minneapolis, the busiest crime area of the city, as well as in downtown Minneapolis.

"Some of the training she received here apparently helped her," Garcia said. "She did a great job."

:dunno:

Pretty much says it right in the article you posted...

Assam was one of about a dozen volunteer security guards at the church, half of whom are armed, Boyd said. The guards are licensed, trained and screened, and are church members, not "mercenaries," he said

Pretty much says it right in the article you posted...

:huh:

i think this one didn't go so well for Tubby.

Here's the part that makes me a little "hmmm"

Police said they were still investigating whether Assam's weapon killed Murray, or whether he might have died of a self-inflicted gunshot.

Great story and all, but before we put her down for the TJ Hooker Marksmanship award, I want to see how this plays out. Seems odd that they'd even bring this up unless they had reason to do so.

Either way, she has a shiitload more balls that the (never talked about) Security Guard at Columbine who ran away when fired on and couldn't get a single slug into untrained teenagers - or the fairy SWAT Team members who mulled around outside until all the shooting stopped. :mad:

...and, she's kinda hot. Bet she gets some dates outta this. Unless she's a lesbian. But the New Life Church would NEVER have homosexuals in their church.

{cough TED FAGARD cough} :mad:

"I was weak, and where I was weak, God made me strong," she said. "He filled me and he guided me and protected me and many other people. And I'm honored that God chose me."

I guess God was pissed off at the poor saps in the parking lot.

Here's the part that makes me a little "hmmm":

Great story and all, but before we put her down for the TJ Hooker Marksmanship award, I want to see how this plays out. Seems odd that they'd even bring this up unless they had reason to do so.

Man, been right about this story from the git-go. CNN's reporting that the gunman died of a self-inflicted gunshot. Mary Jane CenterMass did hit him more than once, but apparently didn't have the kill shot. Again, so much for Tubby's OP. If a trained ex Police Officer that's been in the toughest sections of her city can't drop the kill shot on a suicidal psychopath, how's Mr. or Mrs. Suburb going to do?

She's lucky the guy didn't spend his last bullet on her.

I guess God was pissed off at the poor saps in the parking lot.

:mad:

To be fair, this chich DID fast and pray for 3 days prior to the gunfight at the OK Mega-Church.

Those poor bastard's probably would've lived if they hadn't stopped by IHOP earlier.

Man, been right about this story from the git-go. CNN's reporting that the gunman died of a self-inflicted gunshot. Mary Jane CenterMass did hit him more than once, but apparently didn't have the kill shot. Again, so much for Tubby's OP. If a trained ex Police Officer that's been in the toughest sections of her city can't drop the kill shot on a suicidal psychopath, how's Mr. or Mrs. Suburb going to do?

Yeah...though...would he have offed himself that quickly had he not been put down by her shots?

Yeah...though...would he have offed himself that quickly had he not been put down by her shots?

Hard to tell. She was prolly shooting for center mass (if she's any kind of cop) and hit him in the nards.

Hell, I'D off myself too if that happened. :shocking:

. If a trained ex Police Officer that's been in the toughest sections of her city can't drop the kill shot on a suicidal psychopath, how's Mr. or Mrs. Suburb going to do?

No doubt the lady was using 9mm, the round of choice for those who wish to keep shooting. 45 acp or 10mm prolly woulda put him down for good. Check Google for Mr. or Mrs. Suburb successfully thwarting crime or defending themselves, plenty of stories.

Man, been right about this story from the git-go. CNN's reporting that the gunman died of a self-inflicted gunshot.

Yep. The guy's sole purpose was to walk into the church, then off himself. Her two maming shots had nothing to do with anything. Geez. She should have just let him walk to wherever it was he was headed, and just let him kill himself, because, that's all his intent was anyway.

If a trained ex Police Officer that's been in the toughest sections of her city can't drop the kill shot on a suicidal psychopath, how's Mr. or Mrs. Suburb going to do?

Yep. Because you can take one snapshot from one situation, and apply it across the whole. That's what's going to happen every time. I never thought of that.

Boy is she ever lucky. You must have read the part where it said that "After she shot him, he was actually still in perfect health, an was able-bodied and ready to take on the world." I wasn't lucky enough to get to read that edition. Where did you read that anyway?

Ummm...I'm guessing he was pretty focked up if he shot himself. Otherwise, duhhh...yeah...he would have attempted to do what he set out to do.

Assam said she had drawn her weapon countless times in her prior law enforcement career, but she had never shot anyone until Sunday.

Sgt. Jess Garcia III, the public-information officer for the Minneapolis Police Department, said Assam left his department in the late 1990s.

He said that during her time there she worked in north Minneapolis, the busiest crime area of the city, as well as in downtown Minneapolis.

"Some of the training she received here apparently helped her," Garcia said. "She did a great job."

:huh:

Since my original posting, CNN either edited the original article to contain more elaborate info, or redirected it to a more detailed article. When I posted it, the article was not NEAR THAT LONG. WHEN I POSTED IT...there was NO MENTION of there being a possibility of the guy shooting himself. BUT there is now. IF it would have been there when I posted it, it would have been mentioned THEN and not now. The article is twice as long as it was when I posted the link.

i think this one didn't go so well for Tubby.

Ummm no. It went just like I said at the time I posted it. So what you are saying is, that you knew of these details before CNN? Wow. You're better than I thought.

Why didn't you mention this BEFORE the article was updated by CNN? Seriously, why didn't you?

Seriously wiffle...what are you getting at? That your anti-gun? Someone whacked a focking wacko before he shot up the place. That's a good thing. We need more of people/churches/organizations like mentioned in the above article.