Sign in to follow this  
Trip McNeely

Official Mitchell Report

wrestlers abuse their bodies to a great degree and do so year-round. Despite abusing steroids, what kills off most of

them are painkillers, cocaine and alcohol. Ken Caminiti popped roids nonstop for years and had serious, but non-life

threatening side effects. But one night he had a little too much cocaine and just like that, dead. Steroids make for

great headlines, though, like with Chris Benoit. Doesn't matter if that's what affected him or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steroids, Drugs Found In Benoit, Wife, Son

(AP) Pro wrestler Chris Benoit had steroids and other drugs in his system when he killed his wife and young son last month and hanged himself in the family's home, investigators said Tuesday.

Benoit's body contained 10 times the normal level of testosterone, which appeared to have been injected shortly before he died, as well as the anti-anxiety drug Xanax and the painkiller hydrocodone, authorities said.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Benoit tested negative for alcohol.

The state's top medical examiner, Dr. Kris Sperry, said there was no evidence of any other anabolic steroids in the wrestler's body, and nothing to show that steroids played a role in the death of Nancy and Daniel Benoit.

"An elevation of that ratio does not translate into something abnormal in a person's thought process or behavior," he said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite a medical examiner dismissing roids as the culprit, they are still the headline. :thumbsdown:

:thumbsup:

wrestlers abuse their bodies to a great degree and do so year-round. Despite abusing steroids, what kills off most of

them are painkillers, cocaine and alcohol. Ken Caminiti popped roids nonstop for years and had serious, but non-life

threatening side effects. But one night he had a little too much cocaine and just like that, dead. Steroids make for

great headlines, though, like with Chris Benoit. Doesn't matter if that's what affected him or not.

Steroids, Drugs Found In Benoit, Wife, Son

(AP) Pro wrestler Chris Benoit had steroids and other drugs in his system when he killed his wife and young son last month and hanged himself in the family's home, investigators said Tuesday.

Benoit's body contained 10 times the normal level of testosterone, which appeared to have been injected shortly before he died, as well as the anti-anxiety drug Xanax and the painkiller hydrocodone, authorities said.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Benoit tested negative for alcohol.

The state's top medical examiner, Dr. Kris Sperry, said there was no evidence of any other anabolic steroids in the wrestler's body, and nothing to show that steroids played a role in the death of Nancy and Daniel Benoit.

"An elevation of that ratio does not translate into something abnormal in a person's thought process or behavior," he said.

Despite a medical examiner dismissing roids as the culprit, they are still the headline. :doublethumbsup:

Read what I wrote again. I never said that steroids caused Benoit to kill his family. I said that he was a target for the Feds because of the amount that he was purchasing. Although there is an organization that took his brain and found quite a few abnormalities that were likely attributed to the head trauma of wrestling. He had the brain of an 85 year-old Alzheimer's patient

http://www.maximonline.com/TheLastDaysofCh...icles/9733.aspx

The WWF was a target because their owner was implicated in the pushing of steroids, because their talent is most often associated with illegal drugs (including steroids) and because their "Wellness" policy was a complete joke. To imply that wrestlers were targeted and baseball players were given a free pass is an exaggeration.

Read what I wrote again. I never said that steroids caused Benoit to kill his family. I said that he was a target for the Feds because of the amount that he was purchasing. Although there is an organization that took his brain and found quite a few abnormalities that were likely attributed to the head trauma of wrestling. He had the brain of an 85 year-old Alzheimer's patient

http://www.maximonline.com/TheLastDaysofCh...icles/9733.aspx

The WWF was a target because their owner was implicated in the pushing of steroids, because their talent is most often associated with illegal drugs (including steroids) and because their "Wellness" policy was a complete joke. To imply that wrestlers were targeted and baseball players were given a free pass is an exaggeration.

but you did say this:

The reason is partly that these guys were taking so many that they were dying

Are you telling me that they weren't dying because of their use of steroids and other illegal drugs?

are you telling me you mentioned them dying from "other illegal drugs" before now?

are you telling me you mentioned them dying from "other illegal drugs" before now?

Read the post again from BMoney. He was implying that the WWF was being persecuted and the MLB was given a free pass.

The WWF was under scrutiny because:

1. Their guys are so grossly mesophorphic (hey, bodybuilders were targets too)

2. They were (and still are) dropping like flies. Many of those guys are dying from heart-attacks at young ages with a key contributor being prolonged steroid use.

3. Buying and using illegal drugs (including steroids) in such large quantities that it appears each was opening a pharmacy

MLB guys were not really low-hanging fruit (like the NFL guys were a decade earlier) because they did not really have these characteristics. Do you disagree with any of this?

Read the post again from BMoney. He was implying that the WWF was being persecuted and the MLB was given a free pass.

The WWF was under scrutiny because:

1. Their guys are so grossly mesophorphic (hey, bodybuilders were targets too)

2. They were (and still are) dropping like flies. Many of those guys are dying from heart-attacks at young ages with a key contributor being prolonged steroid use.

3. Buying and using illegal drugs (including steroids) in such large quantities that it appears each was opening a pharmacy

MLB guys were not really low-hanging fruit (like the NFL guys were a decade earlier) because they did not really have these characteristics. Do you disagree with any of this?

i agree for the most part i just hate hearing all these stories about steroids killing people without facts. like gettnhuge said, it's the cocaine, painkillers and alcohol that do most these guys in.

i agree for the most part i just hate hearing all these stories about steroids killing people without facts. like gettnhuge said, it's the cocaine, painkillers and alcohol that do most these guys in.

They all contribute to a lifestyle that is lethal, but look into the 60+ deaths from these wrestlers and you may have a different perspective on the role that steroids plays in it. When you see how many of these guys died from heart attacks and you look at what long-term use of anabolic steroids does to the heart muscle, you can't help but think that there is some connection there.

BTW - does anyone think that Clemens' renewed use of steroids just before the 2000 playoffs may have contributed to his bat throwing incident with Piazza? :doublethumbsup:

ETA: I missed the reference to Gettnhuge. Is this the same guy that has admitted to using steroids? That would be like asking me if being an alcoholic is okay for your liver. :D

They all contribute to a lifestyle that is lethal, but look into the 60+ deaths from these wrestlers and you may have a different perspective on the role that steroids plays in it. When you see how many of these guys died from heart attacks and you look at what long-term use of anabolic steroids does to the heart muscle, you can't help but think that there is some connection there.

BTW - does anyone think that Clemens' renewed use of steroids just before the 2000 playoffs may have contributed to his bat throwing incident with Piazza? :doublethumbsup:

again, it's all speculation without facts. will anyone deny that these wrestlers lived a hard/rock star type lifestyle? these guys die young for a number a reasons and i'm sure steroid abuse does factor in but it's not the smoking gun the media makes it out to be.

clemens throwing a bat a piazza because he was roid raging? who the fock knows. :D clemens was a dikhead before he ever got linked to roids.

what i was TRYING to say was...while WWF deserved to have the Feds knock the door down..steroids werent a dirty lil secret anymore..the nfl had dealt with it..it was definitely outside of just the gyms etc...

they had no real serious drug test until they HAD to have one..im not ripping on the Feds...

im ripping on MLB...they may never use as much as WWF did/does..though we honestly dont know..as there are MANY More names that were never mentioned and may never be....

we all knew that starting with sosa-mcgwires run..and into the 21st century..everyone wouldve bet that steroids was in the game and running out of control...

MLB basically made TONS of $$ off of players using steroids...and later turned around..are saying that its bad and they will do what they can to clean it up..why did they have to wait until an entire 25 year period of the game was marked with an *?...

maybe it was too much to ask to have MLB invoke a serious drug testing deal back in the 90s strike...but they always seem to be hypocrites..benefitting from the illegal stuff and later preaching to me that its bad...

point is....the majority of the world had ripped WWF/WWE hard..and as ive said..its well deserved....but it seems like MLB is getting a free pass from the public and fans...excuses being made etc...the world said vince mcmahon shouldve been in prison...

what about Bud or the head of the MLBPA? :doublethumbsup:

the world said vince mcmahon shouldve been in prison...

what about Bud or the head of the MLBPA? :doublethumbsup:

I think the only difference is that Mcmahon was accused of distributing the 'roids as well.... :thumbsup:

Sad. Mitchell has really set the foundation for everyone to be accountable and responsible but it won't happen

There is no fixing MLB.

Lemme' 'splain,

In the early 2000's, Don Fehr made it clear that the players would not accept any steroid testing.

Eventually steroid testing was implemented but by that time, steroids were obsolete, HGH was the drug of choice.

Now, Fehr will stall with HGH testing and by the time it is implemented, HGH will be obsolete and a new drug will be available.

and Clemens should be equally angry with R. Palmiero.

the credibility of any baseball player accused of steroid abuse went right out when Palmiero pointed at the camera with his blatant lies.

Clemen's defense while vehement and staunch is no more believable that Palmiero's.

ETA: I missed the reference to Gettnhuge. Is this the same guy that has admitted to using steroids? That would be like asking me if being an alcoholic is okay for your liver. :dunno:

Cholesterol is a steroid

and I injected about 1000 grams via meat lovers pizza for lunch :cry:

This nick was created back when I was in college and going to the univ gym with my friend. We were making fun of the roided up

crazy pants wearing arms flared out wide goofballs.

I could have gone by my old mudder name of Stool. :dunno:

I think the only difference is that Mcmahon was accused of distributing the 'roids as well.... :dunno:

ohhh...good point.... :music_guitarred: