Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

And the 2007 Playoff MVP is ...

Aaron Stecker ! Who focking knew this was coming ?

Week 15 90 yds ru 6 rec 40 yds rec 2 TD's

Week 16 50 yds ru 5 rec 40 yds rec 2 TD's

( numbers maybe a little off )

Sad thing is this cat will likely never play meaningful minutes again on a Fanatsy team ! But what a 2 game run for Aaron Stecker.

2006 - it was Steven Jackson and to be honest Sjax didn't suck either weeks 15 and 16 again ! Sjax is becoming Mr. December !

If Brandon Marshall goes off tonight he may get the fantasy MVP! 11-107 last week in ppr leagues is pretty good. Tonight he needs to come through like a mad man for me!!

This same scenario plays out every year. Backups are rode to SB wins so many times over the years it's almost expected. I think the intitial draft is over-rated as the waiver wire has as much or more to do with who wins and loses most years. HTH leagues are a joke IMO. The luck factor is so much smaller in total points leagues. I play in both and enjoy both but no one will ever convince me that HTH doesn't rely heavily on luck.

I'm going with this guy. . .

Kurt Warner

Week 15: 233 yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT

Week 16: 361 yards, 3 TD's, 0 INT

Seriously. He has had a legendary run for the past 6 weeks or so. Fantasy gold. God Bless Warner, literally.

Also, Stecker andd Marshall are greats call as well...as is Kenny Watson on a spot play this weekend. 130/1 isnt horrible.

This same scenario plays out every year. Backups are rode to SB wins so many times over the years it's almost expected. I think the intitial draft is over-rated as the waiver wire has as much or more to do with who wins and loses most years. HTH leagues are a joke IMO. The luck factor is so much smaller in total points leagues. I play in both and enjoy both but no one will ever convince me that HTH doesn't rely heavily on luck.

:mad: Im starting to hate H2H. I really got the short end of the stick in a bunch of leagues this year because of bad H2H luck while scoring a lot of points

It could be argued that Darren Sproles is the Playoff MVP, considering the unstoppable stats LT would have posted if Sproles hadn't been put in the game.

also, the weather and Jessica Simpson get honorable mention. Best FF D's we've seen in a long time.

:doublethumbsup: Im starting to hate H2H. I really got the short end of the stick in a bunch of leagues this year because of bad H2H luck while scoring a lot of points

I play in both and I'll take the H2H anyday. I've been shorted and benefited from it about the same amount of times. IMHO, the total pts league is really boring and things seem to wrap up at least 3 weeks earlier with no H2H matchups figuring into the playoff picture.

It could be argued that Darren Sproles is the Playoff MVP, considering the unstoppable stats LT would have posted if Sproles hadn't been put in the game.

also, the weather and Jessica Simpson get honorable mention. Best FF D's we've seen in a long time.

Jessica Simpson by far has the best FF D's. I'd motorboat those things in a second. :doublethumbsup:

Jessica Simpson by far has the best FF D's. I'd motorboat those things in a second. :(

I'm glad someone caught that. :doublethumbsup:

And I benched him for both of those games. :doublethumbsup:

How about Clinton Portis...2 big games in a row when people thought he would do very little.

Aaron Stecker ! Who focking knew this was coming ?

Week 15 90 yds ru 6 rec 40 yds rec 2 TD's

Week 16 50 yds ru 5 rec 40 yds rec 2 TD's

( numbers maybe a little off )

Sad thing is this cat will likely never play meaningful minutes again on a Fanatsy team ! But what a 2 game run for Aaron Stecker.

2006 - it was Steven Jackson and to be honest Sjax didn't suck either weeks 15 and 16 again ! Sjax is becoming Mr. December !

Big Ben for me.He threw for 3 against the Jags and another 3 against the Rams

Portis' numbers the last 3 weeks.

Chi - 36 yards rushing, 86 yards receiving. 11 points (even in an off game scored 11)

@NYG - 126 yards rushing, 1 TD. 21 points.

@Minny - 15 passing yards, 1 passing TD, 76 yards rushing 1 TD, 48 yards receiving. 21 points.

Scoring.

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving, 6 points rushing/receiving TD, 4 points passing TD, 1 pt per 25 yards passing.

Gotta go with Kurt "Wayback Machine set to Year 2000" Warner

18 TDs in the last 7 weeks, with 3 great yardage games (484, 333, 361)

I have to vote for Kurt Warner also. Out performed Brady, Romo, Manning, Big Ben and about every other qb in both weeks.

I really hope it is.................... Tony Sheffler. My fantasy season depends on it.

Ben though was my fantasy MVP, he put up good numbers both weeks.

I second the nomination for Kurt. I hope he gets rewarded with a top-notch backup QB contract. I think he and others like Sage have shown that a solid backup QB is pretty vital in this league (take notes Atlanta, Carolina, Miami...).

My vote goes for mother nature. It held down Brady, Moss, etc. It neutralized the juggernaut teams in my league.

As far as players I vote for Clinton Portis. He may not have had the most points during those two weeks, but he saved me both weeks. And both times it was unexpected.

Going in to Sundays game against he Giants I needed a big day and he delivered.

Then last night I was down considerably going into the Sunday night game with my opponent having AP left. I have Gates toniught and was just hoping to keep it close and hope for a big game from Gates. With last night turning out the way it did, as long as Gates doe not get me negative points with fumbles I should be okay.

A close second goes to Brian Westbrook who must have known I couldnt swallow another TD for my opponent, and seflessly went down at the one.

I'm going with this guy. . .

Kurt Warner

Week 15: 233 yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT

Week 16: 361 yards, 3 TD's, 0 INT

nah he's waaaaay to "inconsistent" ... according to most people on this board :thumbsdown:

When the 1:00 games were over yesterday, I was up by 5. But the storm was coming...Lendale, Brady, Moss and Welker versus the Tampa Bay DT and Kurt Warner.

It seemed hopeless, so I went Christmas shopping.

When I got back at halftime, I was only down 15. Both Brady and Warner had 19 points. By the time the SNF game rolled around, Warner had 26 points, best QB in the league for the week. Brady had 2 interceptions and a fumble, and my defecit remained the same. There was a stat change overnight, so now I need 16 from LT2 (averages 19) and Scheffler (averages 6.4).

Regardless of the outcome tonight, Kurt is the FF MVP in my book. Simply awesome to see a guy everyone thought was over the hill come off the bench and play so great for the last 2 months.